We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hunters and the LoTRO player's council ..?

Hello fellow Hunters!
    I'll just keep this short

We all know the terrible position we are in as a dps-only-class, our damage is almost non-existant compared to some other classes (wont call out the classes because it makes some people angry facing the truth) , but we all know wich ones they are.
    only way to fix the Hunter is with a class balance update.

The reason for me starting this Thread is because im very concerned that Turbine has no idea in what terrible state the poor hunters are right now (dps-wise) and that we will never get the dps we deserve and need! (for raid spots!)
    I wanted to raise awareness by doing so, and maybe, just maybe, a lotro dev might read this and come to reason.

Also , the lotro player council should take this subject seriously and make it a priority to let Turbine know that hunters need some overwhelming love.(call out to you guys!)

let's make the hunter great again!

post your hunter suggestions below

~Elfen~

suggestion: start with +50% focus damage passively in redline and nerf essay of flame and smouldering wrath by 50% basedamage each.
    then maybe 10-20% less wardens dot stuff.

then, we are at a point, where we can start with balancing tweaks.
    before that happens, theres no way to reach any useful state. buffing hunters so much, that they have more dps than rk and so much more dps, that its enough to surpass rks utility too would just make all other dps classes garbage.

oh, and while we're at it: nerf rend debuff potency to the levels or lm armour debuff potency. has nothing to do with hunter, but is the third big needed nerf besides RK damage and minstrels BC aoe heal.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by ElfenLight View Post
    Hello fellow Hunters!
    I'll just keep this short

We all know the terrible position we are in as a dps-only-class, our damage is almost non-existant compared to some other classes (wont call out the classes because it makes some people angry facing the truth) , but we all know wich ones they are.
    only way to fix the Hunter is with a class balance update.

The reason for me starting this Thread is because im very concerned that Turbine has no idea in what terrible state the poor hunters are right now (dps-wise) and that we will never get the dps we deserve and need! (for raid spots!)
    I wanted to raise awareness by doing so, and maybe, just maybe, a lotro dev might read this and come to reason.

Also , the lotro player council should take this subject seriously and make it a priority to let Turbine know that hunters need some overwhelming love.(call out to you guys!)

let's make the hunter great again!

~Elfen~
    Actually the problem with the hunter is not about the max dps the best hunters can do (which is pretty decent on certain fights), the problem is how the class is designed and how it works in most of the long fights of the game. You rely a lot on luck, on crits, on procs, on good timing... Let's say you can't trust a hunter dps because in the best case the same person could be as good as an average rk or as bad as half of that dps. That is just wrong, hunter got a lot of work to do just to make it easier or more reliable to dps with. Also the difference between the good hunters and the average hunters is huge, nearly 100% more dps: A new rk and a really good rk are separate by maybe 40-50% dps, a bad hunter and a really good hunter got a difference of maybe 100-150% dps increase and that is the main problem. Just redesign the class, make focus skills be way better than induction skills, remove the post animation delay on most skills (or just make all skills fast) and maybe it will be fixed.

LOTRO absolutely knows the position hunters are in, it just doesn't care and/or doesn't have the man power to solve the problem.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Landroval~

~Rank 12 Warg, Landroval~

Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    LOTRO absolutely knows the position hunters are in, it just doesn't care and/or doesn't have the man power to solve the problem.
    I'm not sure they even recognize there's a problem. There was previously talk of doing something for Burgs, but nothing along those lines for Hunters. In any case I agree, with the current (much reduced) manpower situation, I doubt any class balancing will get prioritized high enough to actually get done. If you want a 'quick and dirty' fix, simply increase all Hunter damage by 50% across the board. But I seriously doubt even something that simple will ever get done.

So what is your expectation? Reasonably what do you expect that they can do? I mean we have all made suggestions about the class for years and years and years and years and they have made some changes along the way. We can all argue about if they were good or bad but at this point what do you think they are going to do exactly?

Also can we forgo the usual "Fire RK's do more DPS" routine and get to the point? Before the layoffs the predominant class reworks I saw were on burgs and they need one too maybe even more than hunters. Im not sure what everyone expects at this point but the players council doesnt seem to be a meaningful apparatus to affect change. Its not like these are new issues, even the most disengaged among them have to be aware of some of the issues.

I personally dont believe its reasonable to expect a rework. Its my view the wise approach is to ask for current skills to be buffed.

As an example:change "purge poison" to "Purge" a fellow wide affect that removes one poison, fear and wound similar to scribe a new ending. I just dont see them doing burgs and hunters over, particularly after cry of the hunter and yellow line rework.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    So what is your expectation? ...
    My expectation is that nothing will be done with respect to class balancing. If anything were to be done, it would definitely have to be simple. There is no way a 'reworking' will happen. That is why I suggested a simple, straightforward 50% boost to damage across the board. But honestly I have no expectation that even something that simple will ever actually happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ElfenLight View Post

~Elfen~
    i suggest you give up on your hunter. the dev did...........

Quote Originally Posted by Arafast View Post
    Please dont give up ara, love your hunter vids!
    Rimenuir r7 | Fadhroreth| Daechamnir | Beornemgarth | Rimensneak | Rimenoath | Rimenseer | Rimenswords | Smicho | Rimensmash | Rimentank |Fidough r9 | Lumfratur r7 | Lumhealz r6 | Lumwebs | Lumleads | Lumreaver r5 | Seekers of the Seven Stars : Kinsman
    Arkenstone Server, Originally from Meneldor '11

the Player's Council was never anything other than a propaganda arm of Turbine. Their purpose was to repeat the company line.

I am close to give up on the game. I prefer to leave the game, before I start to play Runekepeer. You pay money to this game every month and you recieve total incompetence and zero care...

Word.

For what it's worth, I have now given up on mine (after 4 years as my main) and will be levelling an RK.
    Hunter, TheBrightMelody, Withywindle -------------- Aurë entuluva!

Unfortunately we're at a point where if you have a hunter you 'need' a RK. If you have a RK, you don't 'need' a hunter.

I have also started a RK.

Nice Thought, but nothing will change.

The devs have to know about the problem, otherwise every blue name is a big lie. Can't imagine we have 2(?) community manager, up to 8 threads in the 18.2 Beta-forum, maybe over 50 threads distributed and it's all just 'missed'.
    Even a quality management wouldn't be existing (can't really imagine that partial bpe was not noticed).

We also have enough resources, at least for a small fix. If I think back to all the useless changes (Guardian nerf, new flowers, housing etc.) and a launched raid without a class-rebalancing, I would say it wanted this way.

Missing all the problems is just ridiculously stupid.

Does the player council still exist???