We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Of the LtC Hugger and his Downfall

This is the final (and necessary to me) chapter of this backwards saga. When I posted that day so long ago it was thought to be a short, interesting jaunt playing with my shiny little pennies....everyone knows they don't buy a dime these days, but...

It is time to put an end to my shenanigans. I know we are all goofin’ mostly here, but I don’t do anything people haven’t seen or done before. I think it is probably that I don’t have the time to play that I used to, and time rolls on despite all this. I don’t have anything against anyone here, or LOTRO, I love it I, like to play it, and I play whatever Captain version that evolves. It's just few to none that have the time to play endlessly lifelong...

I have nothing against anyone here, I know some and I like who they are, others I probably know and probably have offended, so I do apologize if the threads were not wholesome in a surface way (I use parsing information even as I trash it because it is nice to see, and I appreciate the work and efort that it takes to stat).

I do like to write, as Erik alluded to, and I shared my view of how I play Captain and what I felt about the game. The dark mood thing I talked about is probably just Mirkwood shadow effects and the fact that I only really get to log on at slower hours these days, and of course RL moves on and people must move with it.

The things I said were thoughts and logic, not personal insults. Like the WoW comments. I have never played WoW. I did play AC1 a while back which was just coincidentally Turbine. I was into LOTR and had downtime with school when the game came out and I also thought mmo’s were the best game-form I had come across as yet, so when I saw LOTRO I checked it out, and now it’s been 3 years! Unreal, it feels like yesterday.

Most of the stuff I wrote up here is more or less layered with two or more levels, it was better than writing term papers, which is all you really get to write in school, so I went with it, but it is getting out of hand and soon I will be locked or deleted or banned, or all three, like one person or more said and advised (the deletion anyway).

Thanks for enduring me and being good sports. Yes I do have to go online and then wonder “am I passing someone I’m trashing right now?” I have read just about every response, most are correct, I only refuted the topics because all I was saying was…..well, I said that enough.

Have fun all. I am not a forum person, you can see I had like 10 or 20 before this, (there are people here with 3,000, 4,000 posts), but I do like to write, and it is the only thing I can do that I can walk away from every five minutes and then come back to later to continue where I left off…I don’t think a fellowship or raid group would like that much or my family either. After all these wacky posts it is hard to write that I am a good guy and I like to help out and have fun. I don’t know those who do not have a link from forum to toon to person, nor could I truly say anything about any of them. These really are just words on a page here, though there is something to be said for them. In game I am similar though. In glff I may be sarcastic with one remark, stupid and unfunny with the next, give straightforward normal advice the next and then maybe occasionally actually say something funny (but that is usually Luteus the Hobbit minny). But I have been in kins most of my playing days, to answer another post I do not think I included someway in a response, largely with DIAS as an officer class leader and “raid leader” (I did lead raids but it wasn’t a raiding kin, and most of the raiders left eventually, though they were long-time DIAS members prior, good people, and good players - just like the leader of the kin). The last raid I actually tried to lead was a Balrog PUG in SOA....so you all know how that went.

Anyway, I am getting overlong again. I suppose that’s what happens, but also, there were a bunch of things to address due to the length and number of posts. I want to say that besides a few direct insults or jabs or posts to specific posters or people, very few do I even know, and that my thoughts were based on logic, not people, and my info could easily be corrupted before the thought even begins. You really cannot connect a statement about a general type of person with an actual living person with any hope of accuracy when one is behind a keyboard talking of people the person doesn’t know, but that are out there because they are out there and that’s the way it is. But who or how many, I do not know. Maybe I am one of them I or another speaks of but…It’s too late to take back any words whatever their effects (no I do not mean that no one knows anything at all that's basically true about someone through the writing, voice chat or gameplay).

Thanks again and maybe I will see you in game. I am only on Arkenstone, and not even there anymore much compared to when I actually had time to play. You know my toons…feel free to say anything to me or regarding me, I am not offended, nor easily offended. If I were, it would be ridicuolousy hypocritical, but I truly am not, nor do a actually mean to offend anyone here...(aww poor RT is trying to save face). Bah! It had to be said.

Thanks and bye.
    -RT

Re: Of the LtC Hugger and his Downfall

+1 just for the title lol

I read both of the threads this one is referring to completely (my eyes still sting), and it really was an entertaining read for the most part. Lots of good posts, good information, and I for one am happy that different people can have fun and succeed with various builds, that has always been one my favorite aspects of LOTRO. I currently am a HoH hugger, but as I normally run with a pair of hunters DPS isn't really an issue lol.

As long as we're all having a good time, then everything is cool. So keep on leading charges, hugging heals, or leading men, whatever you like doing, and have fun with it!

CW
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000cd28c/01003/signature.png]Mandoragon[/charsig]

Smile Re: Of the LtC Hugger and his Downfall

A most excellent post and conclusion to a highly entertaining saga.

This is what I love about our class, so many variants and permutations!
    As the OP said, this is only a game, there for our enjoyment. Let's all strive to make it even better!

oh my you are on arkenstone ? I'm there too, but not really often..
    [COLOR=#008080]If it isn't about FlameThrower, Grenade and Rocket Launcher, you're playing the wrong classes, race and game..
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by CWBoh View Post

As long as we're all having a good time, then everything is cool. So keep on leading charges, hugging heals, or leading men, whatever you like doing, and have fun with it!

CW
    Yay! let's all get back out there and hug lots of men....

or oops, I mean charge lots of men....

heal lots of men?
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#ffa500]Clarrow PeopleEater - R12 (finally!) BA[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ee82ee]Clarysta [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#ee82ee]- Lvl 100 Captain - Wannabe Freep R4[/COLOR]
    [I]Twitter - @clarystainsun[/I]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkerinthemist View Post
    Yay! let's all get back out there and hug lots of men....

or oops, I mean charge lots of men....

heal lots of men?
    just don't heal the dwarves
    Kraken, Thesungodra

Thanks for the lulz..
    [COLOR=#008080]If it isn't about FlameThrower, Grenade and Rocket Launcher, you're playing the wrong classes, race and game..
    [/COLOR]

Yes, thank you for all the lulz and experienced input. Good luck on your 2nd time through SG!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000007e90/signature.png]Esthero[/charsig]

Vertigo - 65 Captain - Pariah
    Escyndir - 65 Champion - Pariah
    Dartsk - Murder Herd