We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 48
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,540

    Why no "Premium Plus" Subscription?

    After reading many of the questions being asked by players about what happens to a "VIP" that goes "Premium" I have come to realize that it's really not that much of a reading comprehension or confusion problem on the players part, it's a shortcoming in subscription definition.

    Respectfully, even Turbine at times seems to be confused by the questions, thus some of the more cryptic replies.

    Since "Premium" as a new account and "Premium" as a downgraded account are two entirely different animals, why not a different classification? Perhaps something to the effect of:

    Lifetime
    VIP
    Silver Account (Must have been a paid subscriber)
    Premium
    F2P

    Just to separate the benefits and really clarify the meaning of the account. One can argue that you can find all the answers if you separate out the conditions of the account, but judging by both the questions and the responses, it's confusing to some degree.

    Imagine the possibilities of confusion later on in the game when it's released? Why not make it clear up front and easy to understand? I seriously think that having an added classification with a different account type name could save a great deal of frustration down the line.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001987d6/signature.png]Grifinor[/charsig]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fixme: Unassigned
    Posts
    1,772

    Re: Why no "Premium Plus" Subscription?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarador View Post
    After reading many of the questions being asked by players about what happens to a "VIP" that goes "Premium" I have come to realize that it's really not that much of a reading comprehension or confusion problem on the players part, it's a shortcoming in subscription definition.

    Respectfully, even Turbine at times seems to be confused by the questions, thus some of the more cryptic replies.

    Since "Premium" as a new account and "Premium" as a downgraded account are two entirely different animals, why not a different classification? Perhaps something to the effect of:

    Lifetime
    VIP
    Silver Account (Must have been a paid subscriber)
    Premium
    F2P

    Just to separate the benefits and really clarify the meaning of the account. One can argue that you can find all the answers if you separate out the conditions of the account, but judging by both the questions and the responses, it's confusing to some degree.

    Imagine the possibilities of confusion later on in the game when it's released? Why not make it clear up front and easy to understand?
    I'm not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing with you, but can you provide examples of Turbine's "cryptic replies"? As well, since Lifetimers and VIPs will have the same benefits once it actually starts, I'm unclear why you would want to differentiate between the two.

    Side note, your next post will be number 666 for you, so if you're superstitious you may want to quickly follow it up.
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Lime]Have Questions? Get the Answers Here![/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][COLOR=Green][I]The Answers to Your Questions Thread![/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][URL]http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?335135-Answers-to-Your-Questions[/URL][/SIZE]
    [I]I'm the leader of [URL="http://haruelo.com"]The Haruchai and the Elohim[/URL], an Arkenstone kin which has been around since June 2007.
    Contact me if interested in a fun Arkenstone kin.[/I] :)
    [/CENTER]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,540

    Re: Why no "Premium Plus" Subscription?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eluros View Post
    I'm not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing with you, but can you provide examples of Turbine's "cryptic replies"? As well, since Lifetimers and VIPs will have the same benefits once it actually starts, I'm unclear why you would want to differentiate between the two.

    Side note, your next post will be number 666 for you, so if you're superstitious you may want to quickly follow it up.

    This question was asked in a thread:


    I've read too many posts and threads arguing about the vagueness of the FAQ with regards to the gold and bag cap.

    Could someone with a blue name please clearly state the differences between downgrading from VIP status to premium, or just regular premium.

    Is there a gold limit (with no escrow) for players who downgrade from VIP to premium?

    Please to not write in this thread if you are just going to start another discussion by bouncing different quotes from other threads back and forth.

    I just want a simple answer.
    Thank you

    It was answered with a link to: Answered by Turbine (Tarrant)


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by findorin-gilrain View Post
    Still a little confused, I'm sorry

    Question: The 5 gold limit for Premium players is EARNED money? So if I earn 5G as a premium player and then spend it, on a mount and house for example, do I get the escrow money available or do I just suffer no more money until I upgrade?

    Tarrant: If you earn 7G as a premium player, you have access to 5G and 2G goes into escrow. You will only get your escrow money if you subscribe or purchase the remove gold cap option. So if you then spend your 5G, you have 0G, and 2G in escrow. If you then earn another 6G, you have 5G, and 3G in escrow. If you spend 3G, you have 3G, and 3G in escrow.

    Make sense?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by john_anthony View Post
    Question: i understand that an active subscriber/VIP when the program launches who later downgrades will not be subject to these limits, but what happens to an inactive, former subscriber who returns after free-to-play launches?
    Tarrant: Good question, getting clarification on this.


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by corrakkas View Post
    Question: so if im doing a instances... say HOC with a pug of 5 guys that are premium and they are all caped at 5 gold, do i get all the money form the instance????
    Tarrant: They get their share but it goes into escrow (explained above).

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by findorin-gilrain View Post
    Question: Talking about new accounts here. I might be able to get my brother to start playing he's sometimes pretty tight fisted
    Tarrant: Yes you are correct but suppose you earned 10G and got 5G put in escrow. When you spend the first 5G do you get access to the previously earned escrow-stored money or have to earn anther 5G all over again?
    You have to earn another 5G all over again. But your 5G is awaiting you in escrow land.

    But the real answer is: from the FAQ:

    24. If you downgrade from VIP to Premium player, you will not lose any of the gold that you have earned through the game. Because you were a VIP, you will not be subject to the gold limit of Premium players.

    25. If you downgrade from VIP to Premium player, you will not lose any of the inventory bags that you had as a VIP. Because you were a VIP, you will not be subject to the inventory bag limit of Premium players.

    So you have one subscription model, treated entirely differently for the most part, depending on if your a VIP>Premium or Straight Premium. Same with access and content.

    The difference between "Premium" and "VIP>Premium" is vast enough to create confusion. One only needs to look at the threads in this section to see that many are confused with the issue and this is before we add in the new flock of F2P/Premium Accounts.
    Last edited by Zarador; Jun 22 2010 at 03:36 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001987d6/signature.png]Grifinor[/charsig]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,800

    Re: Why no "Premium Plus" Subscription?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarador View Post
    Since "Premium" as a new account and "Premium" as a downgraded account are two entirely different animals, why not a different classification? Perhaps something to the effect of:

    Lifetime
    VIP
    Silver Account (Must have been a paid subscriber)
    Premium
    F2P
    Rather, I would suggest the following:

    Copper account - Basic Free-to-Play account
    Iron account - F2P that has bough something from the store
    Silver account - Subscriber that dropped down to a Free account
    Gold account - Current subscribers and Lifetime subscribers, since they shouldn't be on different levels.

    That way, internally and unofficially Turbine could refer to Subscribers and Lifers that spend actual cash in the store - not just their free 500 points a month - as "Platinum accounts".

    Just a thought.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    941

    Talking Re: Why no "Premium Plus" Subscription?

    Quote Originally Posted by BellusDuFenna View Post
    Rather, I would suggest the following:

    Copper account - Basic Free-to-Play account
    Iron account - F2P that has bough something from the store
    Silver account - Subscriber that dropped down to a Free account
    Gold account - Current subscribers and Lifetime subscribers, since they shouldn't be on different levels.

    That way, internally and unofficially Turbine could refer to Subscribers and Lifers that spend actual cash in the store - not just their free 500 points a month - as "Platinum accounts".

    Just a thought.
    Lifetimers can be a Mithril account, that legendary and almost impossible to aquire metal :P
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000d6cff/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Depends on which game I'm in :)
    Posts
    6,708

    Re: Why no "Premium Plus" Subscription?

    You are trying to make things more complicated than they need to be. There is nothing confusing about how Turbine is going to classify an account. It's really simple.

    Free Player:
    Plays for free and has not paid Turbine any money. Think of this as an unlimited free trial account (instead of the 10-day trial).
    Premium Player:
    Has paid Turbine money. Buying Turbine Points for the LOTRO store, being a former subscriber, purchased a retail box but never subscribed, etc. They have more than the basic free account.
    VIP:
    Players who have an active subscription. Monthly, mulit-month, or lifetime. Includes accounts paid for with a GTC.
    These are described nicely in the F2P FAQ (see #9, 10 , and 11). I don't think it's confusing at all. What makes things confusing IMHO are people that don't want to read the available information and just start speculating on what's going to happen. Spreading misinformation as if it were gospel will make things confusing. The planned 3-tier account ranking is not confusing. Does not have to be made any more complex than that.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New England. Clam Chowdah!
    Posts
    588

    Re: Why no "Premium Plus" Subscription?

    I think if you add another different type of account that will only add to the confusion. Because then you won't only be specifying the differences between 3 account types, but rather 4 or 5 different types.
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/user-1001408/2010/10/21/i-can-haz-well-formulated-sentence-and-so-can-u/][b][u][size=4]i can haz well formulated sentence and so can u![/size][/b][/u][/url]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Location:
    Posts
    2,812

    Re: Why no "Premium Plus" Subscription?

    Quote Originally Posted by Penter-Kar View Post
    You are trying to make things more complicated than they need to be. There is nothing confusing about how Turbine is going to classify an account. It's really simple.
    But a free player who becomes premium is different than a VIP who becomes premium. Case in point, free players will have to purchase the bag and gold cap removal, while VIPs who downgrade do not.

    If they can't make a separate classification, they could at least clarify whether their answer pertains to former-VIP premium accounts, never-VIP premium accounts, or all premium accounts regardless of VIP status.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/N3QceR3.png[/IMG]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,540

    Re: Why no "Premium Plus" Subscription?

    Quote Originally Posted by pocoemme View Post
    I think if you add another different type of account that will only add to the confusion. Because then you won't only be specifying the differences between 3 account types, but rather 4 or 5 different types.
    Respectfully, have you read the questions here in the F2P discussion area by account holders? Perhaps the posters represent 25% of the player base and look at the confusion.

    Even Tarrant responded to a question about caps on VIP >>> Premium with a "I have to look into that" (sic).

    There is a definite confusing gray line drawn between a VIP>Premium and straight Premium account. Honestly, what's lifetime verses founder lifetime verses paid monthly? Could lump them all into "Paid Account" and not have confusion other than what status one has.

    Here were talking about previous purchases and subscription plans making some of the options that are locked open, restrictions removed, more access to content, more bags, more gold and other perks that are lumped into the same restricted account name.

    I can't be the only one believing that it will cause some confusion based on just what we see here and now.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001987d6/signature.png]Grifinor[/charsig]

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New England. Clam Chowdah!
    Posts
    588

    Re: Why no "Premium Plus" Subscription?

    Quote Originally Posted by StavroMuellerBeta View Post
    But a free player who becomes premium is different than a VIP who becomes premium. Case in point, free players will have to purchase the bag and gold cap removal, while VIPs who downgrade do not.
    VIPs who downgrade do have a gold cap.

    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=338650

    Just a whole thread on it.
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/user-1001408/2010/10/21/i-can-haz-well-formulated-sentence-and-so-can-u/][b][u][size=4]i can haz well formulated sentence and so can u![/size][/b][/u][/url]

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,540

    Re: Why no "Premium Plus" Subscription?

    Quote Originally Posted by StavroMuellerBeta View Post
    But a free player who becomes premium is different than a VIP who becomes premium. Case in point, free players will have to purchase the bag and gold cap removal, while VIPs who downgrade do not.

    If they can't make a separate classification, they could at least clarify whether their answer pertains to former-VIP premium accounts, never-VIP premium accounts, or all premium accounts regardless of VIP status.
    EXACTLY!

    Example:

    Question: Hi, I'm a premium user, will I have all the bags? Where can I go? Can I keep my gold? Do I get to do all the quests? Can I keep my house?

    Answer: Did you subscribe before? What expansions and adventure packs did you purchase?

    Question: My friend signed up for the game and we put in 15 support tickets now because we both have Premium subscriptions but his is bugged and no one will help him. He is thinking of quitting the game because he feels cheated not having the stuff that my premium account has, I told him to re-patch the game and see if that works.

    Answer: What type of account does he have, Premium or VIP Premium.

    Question: <Shrugs> Premium, like me?

    Sorry, I can actually see a lot of CS Time devoted to explaining what many here can't seem to grasp even without the influx of new players.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001987d6/signature.png]Grifinor[/charsig]

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,540

    Re: Why no "Premium Plus" Subscription?

    Quote Originally Posted by pocoemme View Post
    VIPs who downgrade do have a gold cap.

    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=338650

    Just a whole thread on it.
    That's sorta the point of my thread. We have threads explaining what everyone says should be easy to understand and common knowledge. One type of account (Premium); two types of memberships with different restrictions and access.

    Yet, at the same time, we differentiate between Lifetime/Founder/Lifetime-Founder/Monthly/Multi-Month. Yet all of them give the same access, just now different perks.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001987d6/signature.png]Grifinor[/charsig]

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Location:
    Posts
    2,812

    Re: Why no "Premium Plus" Subscription?

    Quote Originally Posted by pocoemme View Post
    VIPs who downgrade do have a gold cap.

    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=338650

    Just a whole thread on it.
    Since you missed the third post in that thread, here it is again:
    http://www.lotro.com/betasignup/faq.html
    24. If I decide to downgrade from VIP to Premium player, what will happen to the gold I have earned through gameplay? Will I lose the gold beyond the 5 gold cap that Premium players have by default?
    If you downgrade from VIP to Premium player, you will not lose any of the gold that you have earned through the game. Because you were a VIP, you will not be subject to the gold limit of Premium players.


    25. If I decide to downgrade from VIP to Premium player status, what will happen to my inventory bags?
    If you downgrade from VIP to Premium player, you will not lose any of the inventory bags that you had as a VIP. Because you were a VIP, you will not be subject to the inventory bag limit of Premium players.
    If the FAQ is wrong, so be it, but the fact remains that they do make a clear distinction between former-VIP premiums and never-VIP premiums.

    Edit: Just in case there's any argument over what the word "limit" means, here's FAQ #29.
    29. If I am a Free player, what will happen to my gold if I earn more than the 2 gold limit in game? If I am a Premium player, what will happen to my gold if I earn more than the 5 gold limit in game?
    Free and Premium players have a limit of 2 gold and 5 gold, respectively, that they can earn in game. Once the limit is reached you can still earn gold but it will be placed in escrow and you will not be able to access it unless you purchase a higher gold limit at any time in the LOTRO Store.
    Last edited by StavroMuellerBeta; Jun 22 2010 at 06:03 PM.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/N3QceR3.png[/IMG]

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Highlands of Scotland
    Posts
    5,409

    Re: Why no "Premium Plus" Subscription?

    As I observed in another similar thread, The definitons of Free and Premium are the base state of the two account levels. Since you can add to both by purchasing things like the removal of the gold and bag caps using Turbine Points, there will not be a simple comparison between 2 players of the same account type. It will depend on what options they have purchased. A VIP -> Premium downgrade just happens to come with a couple of important options pre-granted.

    Not a big issue, although I agree it could have been better explained. Rather similar to the comparison table which compares base state and caused all those will I be downgraded to level 50 questions.

    It seems this is a hard concept for some folk to grasp, but it is inherent in the mix-and-match model that is being adopted.
    [COLOR=Red][B]TANSTAAFL[/B][/COLOR]

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New England. Clam Chowdah!
    Posts
    588

    Re: Why no "Premium Plus" Subscription?

    Quote Originally Posted by StavroMuellerBeta View Post
    If the FAQ is wrong, so be it, but the fact remains that they do make a clear distinction between former-VIP premiums and never-VIP premiums.
    So the distinction is clear?

    So then no confusion?
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/user-1001408/2010/10/21/i-can-haz-well-formulated-sentence-and-so-can-u/][b][u][size=4]i can haz well formulated sentence and so can u![/size][/b][/u][/url]

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New England. Clam Chowdah!
    Posts
    588

    Re: Why no "Premium Plus" Subscription?

    Quote Originally Posted by mjk47 View Post
    As I observed in another similar thread, The definitons of Free and Premium are the base state of the two account levels. Since you can add to both by purchasing things like the removal of the gold and bag caps using Turbine Points, there will not be a simple comparison between 2 players of the same account type. It will depend on what options they have purchased. A VIP -> Premium downgrade just happens to come with a couple of important options pre-granted.
    Exactly. I like the way you explained this, basically how I see it too.
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/user-1001408/2010/10/21/i-can-haz-well-formulated-sentence-and-so-can-u/][b][u][size=4]i can haz well formulated sentence and so can u![/size][/b][/u][/url]

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Location:
    Posts
    2,812

    Re: Why no "Premium Plus" Subscription?

    Quote Originally Posted by pocoemme View Post
    So the distinction is clear?

    So then no confusion?
    If there's no confusion, then why are so many people (yourself included) arguing that former-VIPs are subject to the gold and bag cap?
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/N3QceR3.png[/IMG]

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,540

    Re: Why no "Premium Plus" Subscription?

    Quote Originally Posted by StavroMuellerBeta View Post
    Since you missed the third post in that thread, here it is again:
    http://www.lotro.com/betasignup/faq.htmlIf the FAQ is wrong, so be it, but the fact remains that they do make a clear distinction between former-VIP premiums and never-VIP premiums.
    It was quite a simple observation that I was making, since I DO UNDERSTAND THE DISTINCTION.



    It makes little sense to lump two different types of accounts into one account category. Obviously, not everyone gets it. That's because it is confusing when a company that makes it a point to make every classification of account status evident now decides lumping two together makes sense.

    Simply looking at the discussion threads PROVES that it is not clear and evident to all the posters. So if this many subscribers, a small portion of the community that visits the boards is uncertain (again, I am not) then it's not all that understood by everyone.

    This was a thread pointing out that maybe lumping them together is going to cause more confusion in the long run. It was not a flame, just an observation.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001987d6/signature.png]Grifinor[/charsig]

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New England. Clam Chowdah!
    Posts
    588

    Re: Why no "Premium Plus" Subscription?

    Quote Originally Posted by StavroMuellerBeta View Post
    If there's no confusion, then why are so many people (yourself included) arguing that former-VIPs are subject to the gold and bag cap?
    So you have something to do for 20 minutes?

    I think the only reason why it seems confusing now is that there is so much information floating around. Once the f2p stuff is implemented I think people will understand how everything works. (myself included)
    Last edited by pocoemme; Jun 22 2010 at 06:13 PM.
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/user-1001408/2010/10/21/i-can-haz-well-formulated-sentence-and-so-can-u/][b][u][size=4]i can haz well formulated sentence and so can u![/size][/b][/u][/url]

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Location:
    Posts
    2,812

    Re: Why no "Premium Plus" Subscription?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarador View Post
    It was quite a simple observation that I was making, since I DO UNDERSTAND THE DISTINCTION.
    I wasn't replying to you, I was replying to someone who was claiming that former-VIPs do have the gold and bag caps, despite the fact that the official FAQ says otherwise.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/N3QceR3.png[/IMG]

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,540

    Re: Why no "Premium Plus" Subscription?

    Quote Originally Posted by pocoemme View Post
    So you have something to do for 20 minutes?
    +Rep, great answer!

    I guess the short of what I was attempting to suggest is this:

    Someone asks what happens if they downgrade and they get directed to a chart that says: Silver Membership (or whatever) with the details of a VIP>Silver account. They got the answers that pertain to VIP>Silver, no confusion, no FAQ with option A & B.

    Someone asks what happens if they upgrade to Premium and they get the answers directly effecting F2P>Premium. No questions about why VIP gets Premium this and F2P gets premium that.

    Nothing to figure out, look up your plan, that's what you got, no exceptions and riders.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001987d6/signature.png]Grifinor[/charsig]

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,540

    Re: Why no "Premium Plus" Subscription?

    Quote Originally Posted by StavroMuellerBeta View Post
    I wasn't replying to you, I was replying to someone who was claiming that former-VIPs do have the gold and bag caps, despite the fact that the official FAQ says otherwise.
    In that case, I sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding.

    +Rep for making an error.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001987d6/signature.png]Grifinor[/charsig]

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,540

    Re: Why no "Premium Plus" Subscription?

    It's really amusing actually. I made this thread yesterday suggesting that just maybe, perhaps, it was not as clear cut to everyone out there as to a few of the distinctions between the accounts.

    Now there are even more threads and revived older ones asking the same questions about what happens when a VIP goes to Premium, as well as what happens when a VIP logs in after the fact on a previously subscribed but not current account.

    In all honesty, would it have been that much effort to have created a special VIP>Premium designation and provide a simple FAQ that addresses ONLY that sort of account?

    Yes, I like many others searched through and easily came up with the answers separating one situation from the other. That however is not the point of my suggestion. The point was that it takes far less effort for one party (Turbine) to clearly put the answers for one account situation in one area that answers only those questions. That seems far easier than going to a "mixed" FAQ and separating out what does not effect you. For arguments sake, lets say we have 5,000 VIP accounts that will change over to "Premium" and only 10% are confused. That's 500 people searching for answers that could easily get them off one FAQ only effecting them. Far better than reading through a whole list and figuring out which applies to your new status change.

    Lifetime Account - Here's your conditions that apply.
    "VIP Account" - Here's your conditions that apply.
    "Premium Plus Account" VIP changed over to "Premium Plus"; here's the conditions that apply.
    "Premium Account" Here's your conditions that apply.
    "Free to Play Account" - Here's your conditions that apply.

    Argue all you like about the merits of such a system, but the confusion expressed by some, not all, prove that there is a comprehension problem with the way they setup the premium account and FAQ for it.

    If nothing else, setup a stickie with a VIP converted to Premium FAQ that ONLY addresses that type of account.
    Last edited by Zarador; Jun 23 2010 at 01:29 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001987d6/signature.png]Grifinor[/charsig]

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Landroval
    Posts
    1,166

    Re: Why no "Premium Plus" Subscription?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarador View Post
    In all honesty, would it have been that much effort to have created a special VIP>Premium designation and provide a simple FAQ that addresses ONLY that sort of account?
    ....
    If nothing else, setup a stickie with a VIP converted to Premium FAQ that ONLY addresses that type of account.
    I'm waiting for the dust to settle (which probably won't happen until a month after F2P actually goes live ) and intend to try out VIP-to-premie to see how it works. And I agree, there's far too much confusion floating around due to the vast breadth of conditions and perk differences surrounding just the premium tier.

    The fact that the "FAQ" has well over 30 questions is proof positive that there's something fundamentally wrong. Hell, #29 contradicts itself within the first two sentences.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,540

    Re: Why no "Premium Plus" Subscription?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trilwych View Post
    I'm waiting for the dust to settle (which probably won't happen until a month after F2P actually goes live ) and intend to try out VIP-to-premie to see how it works. And I agree, there's far too much confusion floating around due to the vast breadth of conditions and perk differences surrounding just the premium tier.

    The fact that the "FAQ" has well over 30 questions is proof positive that there's something fundamentally wrong. Hell, #29 contradicts itself within the first two sentences.
    Exactly!

    If you go down the list of the other account benefits its quite clear.

    However, Premium, not so clear.

    Can I play a Rune Keeper? Of course! Just unlock that option at the store and start your character!

    ...or be a VIP subscriber that was active at the time of the F2P launch or a returning player that was VIP, but were not sure of that quite yet if you get the returning VIP benefit added back to your now VIP>Premium account of course that is providing that you purchased the expansion that included the Rune Keeper you won't have to unlock that feature!

    Yes, of course I am intentionally exaggerating the situation to make a point, but seriously, there are gray areas out there not yet defined. The biggest of which being what happens to a returning VIP being converted to a Premium that let their account lapse? That an how such things as collector packs are handled, yet to be determined.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001987d6/signature.png]Grifinor[/charsig]

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload