We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Minor Pet Naming Question

Greetings to all:

Just wanted to ask:

How can I revert my first Herald name back to the default "Commoner Herald" name once I've made a different name for it? I tried typing "Commoner Herald" back in the dialogue box, but it wasn't accepted. If an LM can name his Raven "Raven" once more, why not the captain's herald? (unless I'm missing something)? I'd rather use the default description for the heralds as I get familiar with the new pets as I rise in level as a captain before worrying about RP'ing with any other name.

Thanks for any insights you can offer.

Re: Minor Pet Naming Question

Quote Originally Posted by Arborius View Post
    Greetings to all:

Just wanted to ask:

How can I revert my first Herald name back to the default "Commoner Herald" name once I've made a different name for it? I tried typing "Commoner Herald" back in the dialogue box, but it wasn't accepted. If an LM can name his Raven "Raven" once more, why not the captain's herald? (unless I'm missing something)? I'd rather use the default description for the heralds as I get familiar with the new pets as I rise in level as a captain before worrying about RP'ing with any other name.

Thanks for any insights you can offer.
    I haven't tried this, but how about just deleting the name in the rename box and leaving it blank?
    [url="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?506048-Talent-trees-class-roles-and-player-choice"]Talent trees, class roles, and player choice[/url]
    Crafting crit chance analysis: [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?410893-Sample-size-THREE-THOUSAND"]3000 sample size[/URL], [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?420198-Sample-size-ONE-THOUSAND"]1000 sample size[/URL]

Trilwych:

I just tried your suggestion (using both delete and backspace key) to no avail. There doesn't seem to be any way to revert the herald's name back to the default so far.

Even though RP and naming your herald is encouraged, it seems strange that once you name it something "There's no turning back" to the original description even if you wanted it.

I am pretty new to the captain class and I wanted to leave the heralds/banners at their original description for a while so I could know when I get new and improved Heralds/Banners and what they are called without the name I gave being transferred onto them. (Please don't tell me what they are here, thanks...I checked off the "Show Trainable Skills Only" with class trainers to minimize spoilers along the way.)

The reason that you can't rename your pet it's original name is because the game won't accept any entries containing the SPACE character. The same way works for character names.

That really don't seem to be a big issue, since I believe it's the first time I saw someone asking bout that. Although I'd really like to be able to use not only spaces, as well being able to use stress character that are extensively used by Tolkien and most of the Latin languages.

Anyway, I can't say that affects my gameplay experience at all.
    Lokifrid, Lokidred, Lokirond, Lokiriel and Flinti!
    (yeah... Flinti! Doesn't match but it's there!)

Enjoying Turbine's Middle Earth since November, 2007

As TrueLokaster points out, you just can't use spaces. So, just use WarHerald or some such.
    [CENTER]

[/CENTER]