We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Decoration and Furniture Guide

The Decoration and Furniture Guide is the perfect reference for all your housing needs. Covering every decoration item available to LOTRO players; this Guide is also currently the most comprehensive, accurate and up to date listing of housing items available online.

You will find here all the information you need to plan the decoration of your home, from the description and picture of the item to its price, required components for crafting and, of course, where to buy it. This Guide regroups all crafted, reputation, skirmish and regular vendor items, sorted by type. Festival Items will be covered in Annex I and Taxidermist Items in Annex II, which should be released later this summer.

6/26/10 Update: Festival Items have been added to the guide!
    6/30/10 Update: Trophy Items have been added to the guide!
    Last edited by Goldenstar; Jul 01 2010 at 09:33 AM.
    Goldenstar Lhim
    Minstrel of Landroval
    Co-Founder of A Casual Stroll to Mordor
    Follow me: Twitter or Facebook

Re: Decoration and Furniture Guide

+rep

This is epic, thanks for putting this together.
    [img]http://s24.postimg.org/q0qzzx2j9/sig_lotro.jpg[/img]

+ Rep indeed.

Thank you for assembling this guide, it's very well done. I've already seen things I didn't know were available! First thing I'll do tonight is log in with my weaponsmith and start grinding rep for that Leaf-Blade Chandelier recipe! Thank you very much!

Festival Items had been added to the guide!
    Goldenstar Lhim
    Minstrel of Landroval

Awesome guide so far. I don't see the Lossoth rep furniture though.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000002846/01004/signature.png]Oleandra[/charsig]

Hello!
    The Lossoth furniture is actually only yard decorations and can be found in Small and Large Yard sections of the guide.
    [CENTER][COLOR="YellowGreen"]Kiarane, Hunter[/COLOR] & [COLOR="Yellow"]Cassyan Lilywell, Minstrel[/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Writer, cook and decorator for[url=http://www.casualstrolltomordor.com/] A Casual Stroll to Mordor![/url][/CENTER]

Kia has added Taxidermy Trophy items to the guide!
    Goldenstar Lhim
    Minstrel of Landroval

One of the most complete visual guides out there. This needs to be stickied.

+Rep

This is awesome and as one put it, should be stickied. Great job!
    [CENTER][COLOR="Orange"][I][SIZE="1"]This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between searches. Please try again in 55 seconds.[/SIZE][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

This is the business! Awesome reference guide, and one I use often. Add my vote for a stickie!

There is one thing I couldn't find in there and it made me sad. It is the "Basket of eggs" that the lorebook says is a "thin furniture."
    (see http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Item:Basket_Of_Eggs)

Does anyone have any idea at all where to find that? Or is it just in the lorebook to make me crazy?

wow this is really nice, thank you for all ur time an hardwork.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820701000008d812/signature.png]Boneylegs[/charsig]

Thank you!

As for the basket of eggs: Unfortunately, the lorebook refers to several decoration items that are not available in the game. Maybe it is one of those!
    [CENTER][COLOR="YellowGreen"]Kiarane, Hunter[/COLOR] & [COLOR="Yellow"]Cassyan Lilywell, Minstrel[/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Writer, cook and decorator for[url=http://www.casualstrolltomordor.com/] A Casual Stroll to Mordor![/url][/CENTER]

Last night as I was flipping through my alts and organizing my storage I made a trip to our kin house to replenish some items in kin storage. It was about a million o'clock and I should have been in bed, maybe that's why the dark green multicolored floor tile clashing with the black painted Summerfest wall surface really got on my last nerve. So I wondered, what would Kiarane do??? I changed the flooring to a dark green interlocking wood with a gold paint for the Summerfest wall. The whole thing looks so much warmer and made me feel so much better that I went to bed. ;-D
    Also, why is this Decorating Guide not stickied yet?????

Does anyone know where to trade for the ornate Lorien fireplace/table /weapons rack/chandelier? I can't seem to find the proper rep vendor anywhere in Lorien. Do they exist in game? The recent update notes refer to a fix for the Lorien fireplace which was the first I had ever heard of that item!

Ornate Lorien Table is in the Store - 150 TP.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C2C2A3][B]ArcticAurora [/B][COLOR=#999966]95 S/B Guard[/COLOR] [COLOR=#ffffff][B]//[/B][/COLOR] [B]Pavello[/B] [COLOR=#999966]95 OP Guard[/COLOR] [COLOR=#ffffff][B]//[/B][/COLOR] [B]Canadian[/B] [COLOR=#999966]95 Capt[/COLOR] ... [SIZE=1]et alts[/SIZE] [/COLOR]
    [B][SIZE=2][COLOR=#C2C2A3]2013 Player Councillor[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B]//[/B] [SIZE=2][COLOR=#C2C2A3]Rich people would rebuild the Bridge of Khazad-Dûm. Wealthy players fill the great chasm with gold.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [IMG]http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq163/dsrtfx207/rich_zps70199bf0.jpg[/IMG]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenstar View Post
    The Decoration and Furniture Guide is the perfect reference for all your housing needs. Covering every decoration item available to LOTRO players; this Guide is also currently the most comprehensive, accurate and up to date listing of housing items available online.

You will find here all the information you need to plan the decoration of your home, from the description and picture of the item to its price, required components for crafting and, of course, where to buy it. This Guide regroups all crafted, reputation, skirmish and regular vendor items, sorted by type. Festival Items will be covered in Annex I and Taxidermist Items in Annex II, which should be released later this summer.

6/26/10 Update: Festival Items have been added to the guide!
    6/30/10 Update: Trophy Items have been added to the guide!

Great guide, thanks for putting the time to put it together +Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus View Post
    Does anyone know where to trade for the ornate Lorien fireplace/table /weapons rack/chandelier? I can't seem to find the proper rep vendor anywhere in Lorien. Do they exist in game? The recent update notes refer to a fix for the Lorien fireplace which was the first I had ever heard of that item!
    I haven't heard of any of these housing items either. My go-to link for barterers is
    http://chordian.net/lotro/lothlorien.htm
    Good luck and let us know if you find any of these items

Quote Originally Posted by darkhavenchay View Post
    I haven't heard of any of these housing items either. My go-to link for barterers is
    http://chordian.net/lotro/lothlorien.htm
    Good luck and let us know if you find any of these items
    The Lorien Table is actually a store item only. You cannot find in in-game. The Lorien furniture collection has actually been announced on the Lorebook since the Mirkwood expansion, but we never heard of them before now. You can except to see some interesting pieces like a fireplace, a weapon rack and a fancy chair in the near future as well.

You can have a look at the Ornate Lorien Table in the Large Furniture section of the guide, here.

Note that you can also preview the most of new furniture of Enedwaith in the Small Yard section of the guide as well, here!

Have a nice day!

Kia xxx
    Last edited by Kiarane; Oct 03 2010 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarane View Post
    -snip-

Note that you can also preview the most of new furniture of Enedwaith in the Small Yard section of the guide as well, here!

Have a nice day!

Kia xxx
    I have to say, I find most of those new banners fugly. But happy to see them up in the guide already!

Do the music selections you can put in your house not count towards the decorating? I would think they would, but I couldn't find them in your guide. After all, whats the fun of decorating without a little music to tap your toes to?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000088751/01003/signature.png]Slapwerd[/charsig]

Just saw the Ambient Music Guide was added to the Decoration and Furniture list...thanks, Kia! I'm off to the Mathom Society to buy Bombadil's Theme!

Loved the music previews on this guide most!!

Just wanted to reply to this and say thanks for posting this, Kia and Goldenstar! Great guide. Wonder if Kia will still want to keep it up to day with some of the newer housing items.