We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Cappy Troubles = Heartbroken

Quote Originally Posted by Gremus View Post
    I'm actually enjoying warden more than captain; ever since the weapon speed change, capn has felt like he's swinging a wet noodle, not a halberd. Warden can kill a mob considerably faster than capn with archer, and there isn't the constant buffs maintainance to deal with. [...]

I have a second lowbie captain as well, and even twinked he's still effectively wielding a wet noodle; as opposed to the hunter I started recently, who with only quest/drop gear goes through content faster and more easily. (Admittedly, I keep wanting to Ambush mobs.)
    Captain just really needs more damage output IMO, and red traitline doesn't cut it, and neither does the archer who with full pet traits/top armament is roughly an equal match for a normal mob around 10 levels below me (grey con) on his own.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one with this mentality. Maybe I'm just feeling dissatisfied with all the changes. I haven't really liked him since Mirkwood. Perhaps that's why.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000a5dc0/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Gremus View Post
    I'm actually enjoying warden more than captain; ever since the weapon speed change, capn has felt like he's swinging a wet noodle, not a halberd. Warden can kill a mob considerably faster than capn with archer, and there isn't the constant buffs maintainance to deal with.

What 1 buff is barely a maintenance..

With warden, you can change up what you are doing to a fair degree; I usually do dps (spear spec), but will pull aggro if needed, either single target, aoe, or threat xfer.
    When not tanking, positioning matters for Wages of Fear. Jav skills allow more of a ranged option than captain has (especially with legacies: 36m skills, 2s ambush). Some stealthing - two choices since warden is an elf.
    Still working on a shout-dot rotation for those pesky Moving Targets.

I dont' know my Wadden still in Lone-Land and will stay there until some other toons are maxed.

I have a second lowbie captain as well, and even twinked he's still effectively wielding a wet noodle; as opposed to the hunter I started recently, who with only quest/drop gear goes through content faster and more easily. (Admittedly, I keep wanting to Ambush mobs.)
    Captain just really needs more damage output IMO, and red traitline doesn't cut it, and neither does the archer who with full pet traits/top armament is roughly an equal match for a normal mob around 10 levels below me (grey con) on his own.

Well, i guess it depends on waffle. I would not say that my 2nd cappy isn't really tweaked though i never had problem about questing speed.. I guess its a question of perspective..
    Now with more waffle..
    [COLOR=#008080]If it isn't about FlameThrower, Grenade and Rocket Launcher, you're playing the wrong classes, race and game..
    [/COLOR]

Captain players who complain about IDOME having to be refreshed...

Play a hunter, you'll get REALLY tired of focusing all the time.

Play a minstrel in a group, you'll get REALLY tired of playing tunes that give buffs that last seconds.

IDOME needing to be rebuffed will seem like a peaceful respite after those classes.

Back on subject, our damage *does* need to be looked at. The weapon speed normalization without some adjustments to the captain's skills (which were built on being few and slow but big hitters) just isn't logical. I don't want a stance, I just want the damage skills fixed in relation to weapon speed normalization.
    [CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Lupini View Post

Play a minstrel in a group, you'll get REALLY tired of playing tunes that give buffs that last seconds.
    I've made and deleted 2 hunters. I finally have worked a 3rd up to level 21, a dwarf this time, and I might keep him. Mostly I find it boring. 2 skills - dead mob, 2 skills - dead mob, 2 skills - dead mob, etc., ad infinitum. If I ever work this toon up to max level I'll spec him Trapper of Foes and play as a CC class. It's much more interesting.

My mini is only level 11 and I already can't stand the monotony.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000003071/01008/signature.png]Kalbarad[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Lupini View Post
    Captain players who complain about IDOME having to be refreshed...

I never complained, i complain about people who say its uber-awesome, where its not anymore..

In group I would mind, solo i can take the time to do it.. Though i would say it is natural

But, but, i dps with my minstrel.. even in group, captain are healing..

IDOME needing to be rebuffed will seem like a peaceful respite after those classes.

I don't consider it a maintenance.. ..and i'm even teaching people about why i don't use it and they shouldn't expect it when i'm there..

Back on subject, our damage *does* need to be looked at. The weapon speed normalization without some adjustments to the captain's skills (which were built on being few and slow but big hitters) just isn't logical. I don't want a stance, I just want the damage skills fixed in relation to weapon speed normalization.

I'll trust you there, sadly i always took games as they were. They could give me a waffle-sword and i would still be happy and kick some arses
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWB View Post
    My mini is only level 11 and I already can't stand the monotony.

Sacrilege !!!

Even more extra waffle..
    [COLOR=#008080]If it isn't about FlameThrower, Grenade and Rocket Launcher, you're playing the wrong classes, race and game..
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Pyropax View Post
    Unfortunately, as you reach a higher level you will likely have all the gambits memorized by heart (as well as how to form them with your masteries). When this happens, a lot of the novelty of the class wears off. Your builders just seem like an obstacle in between you and your gambits, and you start realizing, "Hey, it's cool that I have to press 5 buttons in the right order for this skill, but it is just a basic heal-over-time."

True, but shortly after that, you get to relearn all your gambits while using masteries - completely changes the play style and makes it much faster and a bit less power intensive.

OTOH, I just started a captain a few days ago (18 now) and I'm finding that he kills enemies soooo much faster than either of my wardens.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000021e2c5/01007/signature.png]Aerethin
    [/charsig]
    [COLOR=Red]Shorfast[/COLOR]: [COLOR=SandyBrown]Hobbit warden - He is a small fellowship.
    [/COLOR]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2