We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Level 100 armor set

So i'm a returning player after a few years away. I have recently reach 100 just in time for Minas Tirith update.

I'm just curious in your opinions which is the best armor set to go for really? Obviosuly i'm still lingering in reward armor from questing so I have nothing to lose.

Many thanks in advance
    Rhiddyn - Captain - Evernight
    Saviors of Arnor - Leader

Quote Originally Posted by D-4-Y-v-V View Post
    So i'm a returning player after a few years away. I have recently reach 100 just in time for Minas Tirith update.

I'm just curious in your opinions which is the best armor set to go for really? Obviosuly i'm still lingering in reward armor from questing so I have nothing to lose.

Many thanks in advance
    imho we got lot of sets, but they are all like same junk... it warries just in facts, how many essences u can afford

i will say Nahdin is basicaly best in stats, amount of slots and how quick u can afford it.... Osgi set is more rather for nerds, tanks and will eat more essences - so if u are grinder...

non slotted armours are falling behind, but they can be still enough except for t2cm

if u have something else to do for week, wait for crafted 3slots (but i dont remember, do they come out with mean Fate stat?) - those will be cheapest and not so many essences needed for start... then there are probably better ones from Smith daily in MT

- but your choice, i would also say if u can do lot of BBs, use cheap crafted 3slot ones with Greater essences and trash them later
    overally i will still recommand Nadhin and in case of Cpt, i like Gold BB jewelry costing merrit (Set bonuses are nice, stats decent, essences saving...) - later can go for cheap crafted 3slots again for some tweaking - but remember, nadhin is 6x4 essences... and its not small number

Maybe this link might be helpful - Level 100 Gear Updated for U17.
    The post gives an overview of the different sources of level 100 gear so you know what the options are and how to get them, but it doesn't tell you which sets are best for your class. Thanks NickSlaughter, your advice was interesting - you've made me want to look more indepth at comparing the sets and report my findings.
    [CENTER][COLOR="#ADD8E6"]My LOTRO fansite: [URL="http://myndariel.blogspot.com.au/"]Myndariel's Middle Earth[/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]

The new Armour from Minas Tirith look nice, because they had 800+ Moral on them.
    On my Server Moral essences are quiet expensive, so i think this would be good way to get some moral on an easier way.

The Set Armour from Osgiliath are phenomenal, if you can get them from the instances.

The Healersetbonus with 2 Parts increase you Outgoing Heal by 10% and
    The Red one with 4 Parts resets the OB at half CD.

I own and like both, keep in mind, that % Values increase over cap.
    From 50% up to 60% Increase Outgoing Heal is a difference around 30.000 Mastery (50%=36.834 / 60%=66.584 (CAP))

For a fast start go to Sambrog and take one or both leg Armour, parts. They a nice and easy to get. (if you on Maiar, tell me our Character Name, i will send you both)
    The new Jewels are very nice, with 3 slots and a lot moral on them. Save your Stars of Merit for Starlit Cristalls. The Benefits now not so well, with the new Jewels.
    Run some 12man Skimirsches and take the Armour Loot. (Remember Hunter not to roll on Heavy Armour)
    Take some Epic Battles, here you get very good jewels in compare to questloot. The Teal will help you well.

But more important as equipment is knowledge about the class. Do not do to much Epic Battles, you we lose Wisdom :-)

@Nick we like to be Nerds :-)
    Min/Maxing is a part on the Way to have a lot of fun in Raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubgaenger View Post
    The new Armour from Minas Tirith look nice, because they had 800+ Moral on them.
    On my Server Moral essences are quiet expensive, so i think this would be good way to get some moral on an easier way.
    as it seems, morale ess. should go down with price... many ppl got them pass u16, dont need more in u17 after all and more ppl run MT BBs and they are dropping more now (overally more of essences) - but i understand to u and your server economy

The Set Armour from Osgiliath are phenomenal, if you can get them from the instances.
    i am unsure about cpts this time... for RK and 2pulses, i agree

The Healersetbonus with 2 Parts increase you Outgoing Heal by 10% and
    The Red one with 4 Parts resets the OB at half CD.
    god bless me i am not blue cpt and 4parts for half OB seems too much for me (but it has probably some point for sure)

The new Jewels are very nice, with 3 slots and a lot moral on them. Save your Stars of Merit for Starlit Cristalls. The Benefits now not so well, with the new Jewels.
    still cant help myself, but i run 2 BB sets in red and another 2 in yellow - just love set bonues (thats why i am not so hyped since more and more essences everywhere.......)
    indeed 750merrit stars per each is now expensive, as many ppl go rather for Empo scrolls

@Nick we like to be Nerds :-)
    Min/Maxing is a part on the Way to have a lot of fun in Raids.
    sure sure, also i will say, 5slots osgi set - worthy only for Tanks, rest dont need them anymore and i mean it 2x since u17 = herp derp nerds
    (i think i did RC t2cm only once, cant enjoy it, dislike how its mainly exploiters grind with all those flopping)

---------------------------------------------
    normaly i would say, go for Nadhin, go for 3slot jewelry, fullfill with Greater essences and u are cheap t2cm ready superman - rest is about coop, tank+healer - and dont forget: all times blame healer (for anything!)
    ---------------------------------------------

p.s. oh yeah raids, still x ppl are imho crazy, did t3 skraid (tuco) yesterday and those mini wannabes... 9,5k morale mini with hell lot of will essences - u can only cry, and then laugh, as we did... indeed squishy was dying a lot, we didnt bother to ress him after some period - so we finished like my fs without healer, but with our only tank... second fs with 40k+ rk healer, basicaly healing all of us with my Inspire and aoe heals (from red)
    - thats only reason to do skraids, and differences in gear, love inspecting those fools - only bad part was, our dps was so ###### with those crazy ppl

I still like the 4-piece command set from the ettenmoors. If you're traited red it gives an extra 10% incoming damage debuff when you use sure strike. (The tooltip says 5%, but if you read the tooltip on the debuff after you apply it, you'll see that it's 10% when telling mark is 10%) You give up some personal dps from lower stats, but the larger your group is the more this set pulls out ahead of the rest of them, at least when everyone is hitting the same target. If there are two captains in your group, you'll probably only want one of them to have this set, because the debuffs don't stack. For dps races you can combine it with 2 pieces of the ToO armor to get your oathbreakers reset too. Or for more of a hybrid build you can combine it with 2 pieces of the osgiliath healer set.

Quote Originally Posted by NickSlaughter View Post

god bless me i am not blue cpt and 4parts for half OB seems too much for me (but it has probably some point for sure)

fwiw, the 4 part oathie set is AWESOME for group content. Dome, Pelagir, Fornost Shadow, in fact anywhere there are bosses - or even annoying mobs. With the new set I drop my oathie all the time now.

Although not stated the proc rate must be around 25% chance for Shadow's Lament to reset Oathbreakers Shame.

The price you pay, on an optimised build is around 6K Physical Mastery. I take the head/shoulders/gloves and breastplate. I haven't used my Might Armour Set in weeks now - even for solo stuff.

The 2 part +10% heal set is fantastic for blue cappys.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlosh View Post
    fwiw, the 4 part oathie set is AWESOME for group content. Dome, Pelagir, Fornost Shadow, in fact anywhere there are bosses - or even annoying mobs. With the new set I drop my oathie all the time now.

Although not stated the proc rate must be around 25% chance for Shadow's Lament to reset Oathbreakers Shame.

The 2 part +10% heal set is fantastic for blue cappys.
    Pirlo is still not impressed

for content like Pelargir etc., i dont spam OB, except bosses... i did already few FS Pela bbs without Vangs and with one lowbie (ie lvl66 beo) - sure, rest of us were with supreme essences, with imbued gear.

same its with those 25% chance to trigger? i dont think its worthy as SL has xx secs CD, so it wouldnt be triggering so often etc.

the last part, about gear, i use most of my nadhin as swap gear (as i am all times running with 2 BB sets of jewelries just for set bonuses... so dont having stats so high as i can with 3slot jewelries) - so here, i would feel it more, than just 4pieces or 6k psy mastery
    and i surely wouldnt go like that for landscape, even i dont do landscape except 400trolls in Anorien (i imagine one dew per each troll's head slayed there with my cpt... such stupid and sadistic slayer deed)