We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Vitality and Will bonus to Morale and Power

I couldn't sleep this morning so I decided to try work on my calculating spreadsheet for LOTRO characters. Yes, I know how that sounds. When I went to figure the grand totals on morale and power I put in Vitality x 3 for morale and Will x 3 for power. Which is what the lorebook says and I've assumed was correct.

My results were a little disappointing. Morale only receives a 2.628151261 bonus and power only gets 2.266055046 from their respective stat bonuses. I'm not a power poster but I couldn't find anything that says that captains were special and didn't need as much morale and power as other classes. I am going to go work on this for a few other classes. I arrived at those numbers by stripping off all my equipment, subtracting out my virtues and then input all my equipment and virtues back in, got a total and then added the stat bonus.

Can anyone help me explain why my bonus is lower?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000002439/01008/signature.png]Halbourn[/charsig]

Re: Vitality and Will bonus to Morale and Power

its not supposed to be,have you consider that at the beginning you start with an amount of morale and power not related with your will and vitality??
    Too lazy to figure why my signature stop working :(

is this what you did?

(Full morale - Gear morale - base morale - virtue morale - any other morale)/vitality = 3

I see you mentioned stripping of all your gear, but Its unclear how you factored base morale into your calculations.

You aren't alone, I love spreadsheets too
    Stry, Captain

at level 65 with no gear, and no traits equipped, your captain should have 1883 morale. A portion of that morale is due to the base 59 vitality you have also, so your base morale is actually 1883-59*3 = 1706. use that value + 3*vitality + morale from gear + morale from traits and you should get to your current morale.

you can do the same thing for will.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000005f597/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [b][color=cyan]Chroner[/color][/b] - R5 Champion * [b][color=cyan]Cronor[/color][/b] - R7 Lore-master
    [b][color=cyan]Qroner[/color][/b] - R5 Minstrel * [b][color=cyan]Qronir[/color][/b] - R5 Rune-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Chroner View Post
    at level 65 with no gear, and no traits equipped, your captain should have 1883 morale. A portion of that morale is due to the base 59 vitality you have also, so your base morale is actually 1883-59*3 = 1706. use that value + 3*vitality + morale from gear + morale from traits and you should get to your current morale.

you can do the same thing for will.

That's what my mistake was, thanks for the info!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000002439/01008/signature.png]Halbourn[/charsig]