We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Critical Chance Legacies or Stats?

Are the two legacies that give Devastating Blow and Pressing Attack critical chance +416 actually worth it? What percentage is + 416 and is it enough to make a big difference? Should I keep these two legacies or go ahead and put stats on my weapon.

Re: Critical Chance Legacies or Stats?

Some people LOVE them, I think they are just... meh. The problem is stats are lame too... I'd probably stick with the ratings but not spend any points on them (unless for a very specific weapon for a very specific build for a very specific role, e.g. pressing attack rating + PA targets + DN set to get a lot of rallying cries in heavy aoe instances).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000001307b6/01003/signature.png]Turimborn[/charsig]
    [i]If you found this post useful, please add rep to the poster by clicking on the star icon in the bottom left corner of this message (you have to be logged in to do so).[/i]

They "Meh" because the percentages are so low, if thats the case id just swap for will and fate stats to help with healing?

Both present diminishing returns:

% = (0.25*(Rtg / Lvl) - 0.0005*(Rtg / Lvl)^2) / 100

So, if you have good critical ratings or stats, it won't make much of a difference - nothing close to, let's say, extra 5% on telling mark for dps, extra 15 seconds/minute of 25% dps buff on your group's main dps, extra targets for a chance of critical on PA, etc.

Just throw some numbers on the formula and see what happens. Get your current stats/critical rating into it to check the % (or just hover your mouse over you character sheet), increase the rating to match what you'd get with the legacy and see how it changes.

Also, you can get a lot of critical rating on DB/PA with expert attacks (over the cap for "normal" crits) or, if it doesn't fit your build, from jewelry, weapons and relics. Stats, on the other hand, are easily obtained - to *decent* levels - by gear (e.g. Moria set for some will) and jewelry. Some extra points from a legacy won't make much of a difference. Of course, if you have a legacy you consider *useless*, then it's worth the swapping.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000001307b6/01003/signature.png]Turimborn[/charsig]
    [i]If you found this post useful, please add rep to the poster by clicking on the star icon in the bottom left corner of this message (you have to be logged in to do so).[/i]

The base the legacy starts at is something like 300ish, which is nice to leave unranked if you have other legacies you want to focus on. Its a nice bonus to crit chance and reactionaries, and allows for other legacies to be improved. I like to have the dev blow crit chance on my main wep.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000007e90/signature.png]Esthero[/charsig]

Vertigo - 65 Captain - Pariah
    Escyndir - 65 Champion - Pariah
    Dartsk - Murder Herd

If you can get your crit rating to 3300 on its own, then there's no need for these legacies. If you don't mind keeping your class trait for +1300 to each of these, then you can have your crit rating at only 2000. If your crit rating is around 3100 on its own, then I would eschew the class trait, take the legacies (without leveling them), and get another class trait out of the mix.

I love putting Will +8 on my weapon and emblem.. sure it's only +16 will total, but after you fully level the weapon and have extra points lying around, you can get that one up above +8 if you want... and you'll get some extra healing output...

If it's the Pressing Attack crit legacy, I'd leave that on the weapon. I would (and did) replace the Devastating Blow crit legacy with a stat.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000003071/01008/signature.png]Kalbarad[/charsig]