We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lions of Judah CHRISTIAN Kinship - Family Friendly, Casual - Active Since Launch 2007

LIONS OF JUDAH
    Christian Kinship

www.LionsOfJudah.us

SERVER: BRANDYWINE
    Guild: Lions Of Judah
    Member Count (in LOTRO): 150+
    Member Count (in Community): 500+
    Guild Type: Active/Casual
    Recruitment: Open

WHO ARE WE?
    The Lions of Judah is a Christian Gaming Community spanning multiple MMORPG's (LOTRO, WoW, WAR, EVE, etc.). The LoJ community started at the Launch of LOTRO in April 2007. Our Kinship was found on the day or day after of LOTRO's launch.

We exist to foster a positive, clean and encouraging environment for Christians within the MMORPG world. We also desire to create an environment that is casual, non-pressuring and fun. We are definitely family-safe, and promote positive family & Christian values! We are big into helping each other out, and helping all other LOTRO players in anyway possible (i.e. Helping anyone who needs help!).

We also actively promote Christian values, and our Christian beliefs, WITHIN THE LIONS OF JUDAH COMMUNITY & the KINSHIP (This means we won't be running around preaching in the game - we keep it within our Kinship & Community).

NOTE:
    We are a casual gaming community, meaning we will NOT be a hardcore gaming group that does events, or raids, or PvP (MP) groups every day of the week. We will do them when we can get the people together, and just go for it. We are primarily here to enjoy the game in the clean environment we can provide within the context of LOTRO, without the pressure of "raiding all the time". We obviously will group within the Kinship, and do everything we can to play together at all times, and accomplish things together as well.

FAQ:
    Where do you play?
    BRANDYWINE

Will you engage in PvP/Monster Play?
    Absolutely! While we primarily engage in PvE - PvP/MP is still a fun part of the game. We even have a small "tribe" setup on that side for people who want to do that. Talk to the officers in game if you wish to join the Tribe.

Are you a raiding kinship?
    We will only raid when we can get enough people interested, and committed to doing it. But again, they will NOT be regular events or mandatory events. Only purely casual. Whenever it happens, it happens.

Do you run events on a regular basis?
    Again, this is dependent on people interested, and commitment. We will run events whenever someone decides to put it together and run it. Nothing regular, just random.

Can non-Christians join?
    Yes of course, we won't exclude anyone to join (we have many within our community already). But it must be demonstrated that they are willing to abide by our Code & Constituation. Deviation from the Code, or a display of ill intent from initial interest to join, will be grounds for dismissal from the Kinship. Do be aware, if you are in the Kinship, you will be subject to talk about our Christian beliefs on a regular basis.

How can I join?
    Just fill out an application on our website, we'll review it and let you know if you're in or not (via email). Once accepted, you are then able to join on our community forums for further discussion and fun!

If you want to join the Lions of Judah within the LOTRO gaming world, please APPLY on our website!

If you don't want to join now, be sure to stop by our Forums and check us out on our website!
    www.LionsOfJudah.us

----------------------------------------

NOTE TO ALL - PLEASE READ:

Please be respectful to our desire to create a "themed" Kinship (i.e. Christian or otherwise), and keep this post clear of "thread-crapping" and "flame" posts that do not positively relate to recruitment for our Kinship. Any thread-crapping or flaming will be reported for removal. If you wish to debate our beliefs, or make fun of them, please take it the one-million-and-one other boards out there on the internet that exist for that -- don't do it here. Thank you for your respect ahead of time!
    Last edited by FatMagic; Jan 05 2015 at 08:37 AM.
    [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?336224-Lions-of-Judah-CHRISTIAN-Kinship-Family-Friendly-Casual-Active-Since-Launch-2007"][B][SIZE=3]LIONS of JUDAH[/SIZE][/B][/URL] :: Christian Kinship :: Founded March 2007
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=red]Tane[/COLOR].CAPTAIN - [COLOR=red]Woodchuck[/COLOR].WARDEN[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][FONT=courier]LIFETIME FOUNDER[/FONT][/SIZE]

Re: Lions of Judah CHRISTIAN Kinship - Family Friendly, Casual - Active Since Launch

p.s. Our old thread from pre-Launch got deleted in the 90-day purge, so here's the new one
    [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?336224-Lions-of-Judah-CHRISTIAN-Kinship-Family-Friendly-Casual-Active-Since-Launch-2007"][B][SIZE=3]LIONS of JUDAH[/SIZE][/B][/URL] :: Christian Kinship :: Founded March 2007
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=red]Tane[/COLOR].CAPTAIN - [COLOR=red]Woodchuck[/COLOR].WARDEN[/SIZE]

Thumbs up Re: Lions of Judah CHRISTIAN Kinship - Family Friendly, Casual - Active Since Launch

Thanks for starting (renewing!) the thread, Thane
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000002a56a3/signature.png]Greybourne[/charsig]

[B][I]"Certainty of death, *small* chance of success... What are we waiting for?!" - [I]Gimli[/I][/I][/B]

Talking Re: Lions of Judah CHRISTIAN Kinship - Family Friendly, Casual - Active Since Launch

Fun, very easy-going crew and always have peeps on. Come check us out! A great place to call "home".
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000002a56a3/signature.png]Greybourne[/charsig]

[B][I]"Certainty of death, *small* chance of success... What are we waiting for?!" - [I]Gimli[/I][/I][/B]

Re: Lions of Judah CHRISTIAN Kinship - Family Friendly, Casual - Active Since Launch

Happy Friday, Lions!

Best kin out there - hi all!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320b00000012804e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Talking Re: Lions of Judah CHRISTIAN Kinship - Family Friendly, Casual - Active Since Launch

hi Neuraen!

Been wondering where you doinks have been. Good to see you still around Tane!

/hugs
    Murdernickle tells you, "You are the herka to my dur, buddy..." :D

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000000bc8/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I really love this kin. I came over from the Gladden server a couple of years ago and it has been the best thing I have ever done since playing LOTRO. It is great to play along side people of like mind and being in a safe environment. If you see me in game feel free to send me a tell.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520300000000a660/signature.png]Texrocks[/charsig]

Hey all, the Kin is doing great! Looking forward to getting some new members with the opportunity of Free To Play kicking in! Come check us out and join us!

www.LionsOfJudah.us

First off, id like to say that i have grouped with a couple of LoJ members before and enjoyed their playstyle in the particular group. HOWEVA! today/tonight, i was griefed by a LoJ officer and his 'tag along friend' while hunting wargs in MM.

Now, yea there are a ton of wargs in misty mountains, no doubt about it. BUT....when you see someone running toward a mob to attack, having your ranging buddy tap it first is just rude by anyones standards.

send me a tell in-game or a private message here if any admin or officer of loj would like to talk about this further.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000002781a9/01008/signature.png]Lestaht[/charsig]

[URL="http://forums.lotro.com/name/nm0000093/"][B][COLOR=#003399]Achilles[/COLOR][/B][/URL]: At night I see their faces. All the men I've killed. They're standing there on the far bank of the river Styx. They're waiting for me. They say, 'Welcome, brother'.

Quote Originally Posted by LeStaht View Post
    First off, id like to say that i have grouped with a couple of LoJ members before and enjoyed their playstyle in the particular group. HOWEVA! today/tonight, i was griefed by a LoJ officer and his 'tag along friend' while hunting wargs in MM.

Now, yea there are a ton of wargs in misty mountains, no doubt about it. BUT....when you see someone running toward a mob to attack, having your ranging buddy tap it first is just rude by anyones standards.

send me a tell in-game or a private message here if any admin or officer of loj would like to talk about this further.
    Hi, I am not admin or officer - but I saw your post just now and wanted to make sure you knew someone saw your note. I have passed on your message to the kin. We care sincerely about our reputation and am truly sorry you had this experience. We are very proud of our play-style but we are known to make mistakes too

Thank you for your honesty and the respect portayed in your post (seriously).

Thank you for the concern LeStaht, as the Lions of Judah Community Founder I will follow up with this personally. I apologize for any trouble on behalf of my fellow kin-mate. I will private message you about the matter.

3 Harrow Road, Clapfoot Homestead, The Shire

I've known a number of the members of LoJ over the years, and they've always been a class act. They put on the BEST Christmas concerts every year (hopefully, "dynamic layering" won't be an issue with future events), and they comport themselves with dignity, honor and integrity.

And as an aside, I think they should be allowed to have their old name back. I've seen kinship names and personal names that would curl your hair, and find the rationale for having to change their name to be a load of malarkey. Just my 2 coppers on the issue.

Mad props to you, LoJ...may you continue to roll and roar for many years to come! /salute
    Weeeeeeee're baaaaaaack! :)

I second Moncey's motion! Give them their original name back, sheesh!

Some guy passed me yesterday with the kin tag "The Choosen". CHOOSEN? REALLY??? Spell/grammar check?

If we can have kinships named Riders of Lohan (don't get me wrong...I think that one is hysterically funny), then what's wrong with Lions of Judah?

I'm glad to see y'all are still going strong.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000000bc8/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Amon & Toidy - two diehards of the days gone by, thank you for stopping by and putting in your support for us. You have NO IDEA how badly I want our Kinship name back. I was devastated when the Lead GM contacted me a few weeks after launch and said our name was "illegal" because someone reported it for being an overly religious name (seriously!?). I have written to the Community Mods a bunch of times, and they tell me they can't do anything about it. (Clover specifically said she can't do anything about it, I still have the PM).

But if the community got behind it, maybe we could get our name back. I don't know. I know that Turbine does listen to it's players, so maybe it would help.

Thanks guys. It still seems like an impossible feat to me, but who knows!

One possible "end-run" on this issue might be to put in an official name change request. People I know in game on Brandywine have requested and obtained a kinship name change (for a nominal fee). I'd be willing to bet the Lead GM probably isn't even there anymore, and it was a trumped-up allegation to begin with.

If you still get nowhere, I can provide a nice list of Kinship/Tribe names that are apparently allowed that would make me blush to even reproduce in a public thread. Perhaps if they see their inconsistency and apparent hypocrisy, they'll have a change of heart.

Might even make better progress by calling their Customer Support line, and talking to an individual person rather than filing online tickets.

EDIT: BTW, looking forward to this year's Christmas Concert! Haven't seen any announcement yet, but will be looking for it!
    Last edited by Amonceleb; Nov 08 2010 at 12:12 PM.

Amon,

Great idea. I will try it. The only thing I do "know" that might be a problem... is that I think they've banned the name "Judah" from being used in any instance. But I might try and call to appeal it. It's probably the best way to get it taken care of.

And I would really really like to see that list of names you can come up with for Kinship names that are currently on Brandywine - I would like to have it with me when I call them up. If you could PM me that list, that would be great.

Thanks so much for rallying behind the effort... I would love to see this happen.

p.s. We WILL be having the Christmas Concert as usual! You should see the announcement soon!

IM sent.

Yeah, I looked up the name Judah and found ONLY Biblical references...that might be a problem as well. There's no alternate meaning...and it does specifically say in the rules that there are no blatant historical OR religious names allowed.

Hopefully Moncey's got a good list. PM it to me, sweetie..I wanna see!

Yah that's my concern as well. But I would imagine there are many other names out there that have similar religious connotations, yet still exist. But that most likely has to do with the fact that nobody is reporting them. I wonder who originally reported our name in the first place..... probably doesn't even play anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Toidy View Post
    Yeah, I looked up the name Judah and found ONLY Biblical references...

Jump a friendly bump for our Lions of Judah thread! We are still very active in the game, and continue to prep for Isengard! New members joining every week

Join us for good clean fun!

Posting just to say that I've met some LoJ's guys ingame and they seemed pretty nice.

Thanks for the kind words CrazySquid

is this kin still active?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast