We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

ACK! Level 45 overload!

Okay, I hit 45 last night and suddenly... too many things! Brain lock! I'll run down what I've got going and what I want to do and if any of you hunter savants can give me a little direction in my wayward pursuit of hunter greatness, I'd appreciate it.

Okay:

I have almost all of my book pages and I know where to get the rest and will have the last 3 out of all of them soon.

I have started my class quests and have turtle beaks, which seem to be the hardest to get. Are there any items that are bind on aquire and cannot be bought or traded?

I haven't gotten my quest for my LI because I got smoked tring to get to Eregion. Is there an easy way to get in, or should I wait until I can make the run in there?

Is there anything else I should be working on at 45?

Thank you for your support, and may all your wishes be rainbows etc etc yada yada yee...

Re: ACK! Level 45 overload!

Quote Originally Posted by hex2323 View Post
    I have started my class quests and have turtle beaks, which seem to be the hardest to get. Are there any items that are bind on aquire and cannot be bought or traded?
    The first tier of class quest items only drop for you, so you can't buy them. If you're up to dread turtle beaks you're already at the point where the drops are regular and you can farm them, buy them from the AH, or get them via skirmish marks.

I haven't gotten my quest for my LI because I got smoked tring to get to Eregion. Is there an easy way to get in, or should I wait until I can make the run in there?
    Sounds like you tried to run through Giant Valley. There's another way into Eregion, through the Trollshaws. Go to Echad Candelleth, head over the river and up the mountain path to the south. You'll come out near Gwingris. Head south and grab the stables at Echad Eregion and Echad Dunann, then start Volume 2 and get your LIs.

If you haven't gotten the armor of the woods set in the Trollshaws, grab it, it's great and will last you to 50 at least.
    Nemesis - Brandywine
    Jenith 100 Hunter || Gavigan 78 Guardian || Kazamir 76 Captain
    Gjorn 65 Champion || Anavel 65 Burglar || Thissis 100 Warden || Mezimus 70 Loremaster

45 is indeed when the game starts to expand exponentially in opportunity. You're halfway through Angmar and Misty Mountains, but Forochel starts then, and only a couple levels below Eregion. You're likely in the middle of or done with legendary books. Your big class quests open up. You can start Volume II at that level, including getting your first LIs. And with the TON of level 50 Volume I content now scalable, you can basically level 45-50 on that alone starting with Book 6.

I would head down to Echad Dunann first and try to get your LI started. That way you can work on leveling it 1-10 for that quest while you're doing other content.
    [COLOR=MediumTurquoise][/COLOR][B]Arda Shrugged[/B] [COLOR=MediumTurquoise][Arkenstone][/COLOR]

Level 45 is perfect to start Forochel. There is lots of XP up there and it's a pretty fun zone that get's overlooked because it's a little out of the way. I make sure to head up there around 45 when leveling a new alt.

Quote Originally Posted by gildhur View Post
    I would head down to Echad Dunann first and try to get your LI started. That way you can work on leveling it 1-10 for that quest while you're doing other content.
    This first. Go thru Echad Candellath.

If you dont have the Echad Candellath (Forestwalker?) armor or the Aughaire (Fem) Armor then do one of those quest sets. That armor will last until moria armor drops can replace it. Or if you have a crafter get crafted level 45 armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffor View Post
    Level 45 is perfect to start Forochel. There is lots of XP up there and it's a pretty fun zone that get's overlooked because it's a little out of the way.
    Except skip any quest that includes the words "pekko" and "cave". Soloing in caves with snowbeast rock lobbers and their AoE cold/blinding fog is not so fun.

Quote Originally Posted by dhatcher1 View Post
    This first. Go thru Echad Candellath.

If you dont have the Echad Candellath (Forestwalker?) armor or the Aughaire (Fem) Armor then do one of those quest sets. That armor will last until moria armor drops can replace it. Or if you have a crafter get crafted level 45 armor.
    I have the Fem gear. Looking for a helm to match up with it ATM.

Going to go get my LI tonight and start pounding out levels on that.

Quote Originally Posted by dhatcher1 View Post
    Except skip any quest that includes the words "pekko" and "cave". Soloing in caves with snowbeast rock lobbers and their AoE cold/blinding fog is not so fun.
    lol. Very true.
    [COLOR=MediumTurquoise][/COLOR][B]Arda Shrugged[/B] [COLOR=MediumTurquoise][Arkenstone][/COLOR]

Yeah there are some maddening aspects to Forochel. Maybe I shold have mentioned that. I find the cat lair and associated quests to be much more infuriating than the Pekko cave but not by much lol.

Quote Originally Posted by hex2323 View Post
    Okay, I hit 45 last night and suddenly... too many things! Brain lock! I'll run down what I've got going and what I want to do and if any of you hunter savants can give me a little direction in my wayward pursuit of hunter greatness, I'd appreciate it.

Okay:

I have almost all of my book pages and I know where to get the rest and will have the last 3 out of all of them soon.

Thank you for your support, and may all your wishes be rainbows etc etc yada yada yee...
    Calm down fellow Hunter! Take a breath and kill some lowbie Goblins/Orcs for a second.

Luckily for you your legendary pages will drop nicely from mobs in easy to aquire areas on mobs such as Misty Mountains and Angmar to gain your legendary Traits for a while.

I tend to grind these out to finish them off before moving onto other 45 stuff.

In your actual 45 Class Quest which I feel as a Hunter should be finished in full regardless you will have 3 tiers to work on. Typically on toons I do this second on my roster of gaming when I hit the required level and when I hit 40 I roll out my big gun to gather the goods that are obtainable outside of specific toon grind.

Tier 1 will have 2 quests to complete for bound items.
    Tier 2 will have 2 quets to complete for about 4 different items that are not bound to you so you can barter for them as Skirm Camps/ Auction House or Trade with others and what not.
    Tier 3 will send you to Carn Dum and/or Urugarth for 2 items for 2 quests that you will need to complete your 45 class quest. These 2 items can also now be bartered for in Skirm Marks as a reward for as a Hunter is the top notch expensive items.

At 45 you can easily get your Legendary Items by being one heck of a sneaky bugger. Through the Trollshaws and Giants Valley you will find a path that leads to Eregion with no enemies to fight on the actual path to Eregion. The enemies will be a pain in the rump a bit to avoid on the way to it at 45 but you shouldnt have many issues. If you must try asking someone to Port you to it OR guide you through the Shaws quick in Giants Valley to the entry point to Eregion.

Once you get on the map you wont have an issue getting to the Moria Entrance Intro Quest as long as you stick to the beaten path to the South Eastern Portion of the Map.

At 45 you dont have a whole heck of alot to do other than wanting to hit 50 to get nice gear for that level. A small subnote for 45 is a good time to start looking at your stats and tweeking it to your play style that will most likely flow through the gaming stages afterwards to your 65th level. By now you will have your style of Solo and possible Group Play n know where you want your stats to be focused on.
    Pariah Amistacia - Nimrodel - Leader of the Devils of Angmar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffor View Post
    Yeah there are some maddening aspects to Forochel. Maybe I shold have mentioned that. I find the cat lair and associated quests to be much more infuriating than the Pekko cave but not by much lol.
    Yeah, the sig+2 is just bananas. All frost damage, massive DoTs, and they all hit like trucks. Totally unsoloable for non-CC, imo.

Those cats in Forochel IMO are the most devastating beast out in the frozen tundra.

They are in larger groups in smaller areas so you ahve to be attentive of your pulls and placement.

The constant Frost Wounds get annoying. If your out in the cold to long the Wounds only get worse with the increased Cold Damage you take.

They pop in and out of stealth screwing inductions at times.

Just makes me want to Uppercut them all dang nab it. To bad I finished that deed and only have Grims to finish off.
    Pariah Amistacia - Nimrodel - Leader of the Devils of Angmar

Quote Originally Posted by Kannos1600 View Post
    Calm down fellow Hunter! Take a breath and kill some lowbie Goblins/Orcs for a second.

Luckily for you your legendary pages will drop nicely from mobs in easy to aquire areas on mobs such as Misty Mountains and Angmar to gain your legendary Traits for a while.

I tend to grind these out to finish them off before moving onto other 45 stuff.

In your actual 45 Class Quest which I feel as a Hunter should be finished in full regardless you will have 3 tiers to work on. Typically on toons I do this second on my roster of gaming when I hit the required level and when I hit 40 I roll out my big gun to gather the goods that are obtainable outside of specific toon grind.

Tier 1 will have 2 quests to complete for bound items.
    Tier 2 will have 2 quets to complete for about 4 different items that are not bound to you so you can barter for them as Skirm Camps/ Auction House or Trade with others and what not.
    Tier 3 will send you to Carn Dum and/or Urugarth for 2 items for 2 quests that you will need to complete your 45 class quest. These 2 items can also now be bartered for in Skirm Marks as a reward for as a Hunter is the top notch expensive items.

At 45 you can easily get your Legendary Items by being one heck of a sneaky bugger. Through the Trollshaws and Giants Valley you will find a path that leads to Eregion with no enemies to fight on the actual path to Eregion. The enemies will be a pain in the rump a bit to avoid on the way to it at 45 but you shouldnt have many issues. If you must try asking someone to Port you to it OR guide you through the Shaws quick in Giants Valley to the entry point to Eregion.

Once you get on the map you wont have an issue getting to the Moria Entrance Intro Quest as long as you stick to the beaten path to the South Eastern Portion of the Map.

At 45 you dont have a whole heck of alot to do other than wanting to hit 50 to get nice gear for that level. A small subnote for 45 is a good time to start looking at your stats and tweeking it to your play style that will most likely flow through the gaming stages afterwards to your 65th level. By now you will have your style of Solo and possible Group Play n know where you want your stats to be focused on.
    Awesome. Thanks.

I'll get the pages while I clear tier 1 quests. I only have 1 left for Way of the Hunter and 2 for Shot in the Dark left. Already have RoT.

I have enough skirm marks from lottos to buy the rest of the items.

Then, I'll sneak in an get the LI.

From there, onward and upward, virtues nd gear...