We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

So, how much will Turbine points costs?

If this has already been asked, I apoligize in advance. The flood of info about the new F2P model is a bit overwhelming, and I must have missed it.

First, I gather that DDO already has a store, and as such uses Turbine points already. I'm assuming that TP will cost the same in both games. (This doesnt have to be the case, since the points dont tranfer, Turbine could, in fact, have a differant costs per point for each game) So, how much do they cost in DDO?

Also, for you DDO players, How much do consumables such as potions cost, point wise, in DDO? I realize that is dangerous to assume that the price levels will be similar, but I'm trying to wrap my head around what the real costs will be for things such as potions, extra shared storage, and that sort of thing.

Re: So, how much will Turbine points costs?

Heres the list from the DDO store:
    POINT BUNDLE DESCRIPTION PRICE (USD)*
    420 Points 400 Turbine Points (+ 20 Bonus Points) to use in the DDO Store $6.50
    1,550 Points 1,200 Turbine Points (+ 350 Bonus Points) to use in the DDO Store $19.50
    2,500 Points 1,820 Turbine Points (+ 680 Bonus Points) to use in the DDO Store $29.50
    5,000 Points 3,100 Turbine Points (+ 1,900 Bonus Points) to use in the DDO Store $49.99

Heres the link to the page including a chart containing basic tp prices:
    http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/DDO_Store_Guide
    [B][I]Back after a long hiatus[/I][/B]
    Founding Lifetime Member/LotRO Beta Tester - Still love the game

They also have sales on a regular basis so you can get points at a reduced rate.
    [I]LOTRO has drink and smoke, this kill people. Eat corn is healthy. If you are Nobgobbler you can be most healthy too.[/I] - WNxNomos
    [I]You just made me punch my own face! That's how angry ganking makes me. I punch myself in my own face![/I] - hex2323

Quote Originally Posted by elosefast View Post
    They also have sales on a regular basis so you can get points at a reduced rate.
    Yep - along with in game store sales where you can get some crazy "deals" on items like quest packs (I know I got one adventure pack for ~70% off at one point)

Quote Originally Posted by carlosjuero View Post
    Heres the list from the DDO store:
    POINT BUNDLE DESCRIPTION PRICE (USD)*
    420 Points 400 Turbine Points (+ 20 Bonus Points) to use in the DDO Store $6.50
    1,550 Points 1,200 Turbine Points (+ 350 Bonus Points) to use in the DDO Store $19.50
    2,500 Points 1,820 Turbine Points (+ 680 Bonus Points) to use in the DDO Store $29.50
    5,000 Points 3,100 Turbine Points (+ 1,900 Bonus Points) to use in the DDO Store $49.99

Heres the link to the page including a chart containing basic tp prices:
    http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/DDO_Store_Guide
    That gives me some idea. Thank you for the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiyaisnolia View Post
    That gives me some idea. Thank you for the reply!
    No problem, just remember that we have to wait for the Beta to start and then the NDA to be lifted before we know 100% what the LotRO model will be.

The interesting thing about the beta, if it's like the DDO Unlimited beta, you'll be able to purchase points and spend points during beta. I found that kinda odd paying money while I was in the DDO Unlimited beta, and my bank account didn't like me too much either!
    [I]LOTRO has drink and smoke, this kill people. Eat corn is healthy. If you are Nobgobbler you can be most healthy too.[/I] - WNxNomos
    [I]You just made me punch my own face! That's how angry ganking makes me. I punch myself in my own face![/I] - hex2323

Lord knows I love this game. However, you will not see me spending money on a character that will be deleted and/or obsolete in 6 months. It sounds like a brilliant move by Turbine though. Offer a beta for a game, then sell the points they require to do anything at all in that beta, while knowing the characters won't last the year. Bloody brilliant from a business strategy point of view. Man I wish I could think of ways to screw customers out of more money!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000000dccb/01007/signature.png]Rodwensael[/charsig]

Some people are like slinkies. Useless, but still entertaining to push down stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by rocco81b View Post
    Lord knows I love this game. However, you will not see me spending money on a character that will be deleted and/or obsolete in 6 months. It sounds like a brilliant move by Turbine though. Offer a beta for a game, then sell the points they require to do anything at all in that beta, while knowing the characters won't last the year. Bloody brilliant from a business strategy point of view. Man I wish I could think of ways to screw customers out of more money!
    That's not very fair, since it was entirely optional to purchase points (not required to participate in the beta) and all of those points were credited to people when DDO Unlimited launched.
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrchid]“Behold the Chinchillas! They ride to war!”[/COLOR][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    That's not very fair, since it was entirely optional to purchase points (not required to participate in the beta) and all of those points were credited to people when DDO Unlimited launched.
    Quick question. If I were a monthly subscriber in the beta, would I get the option to have the money spent on beta points go against my subscription fee instead?
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042030000000004b6/01007/signature.png]Dhor[/charsig][/CENTER]

[CENTER][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?354626-Plugin-Travel-Window&p=4957038#post4957038"]Travel Window Plugin[/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?401438-Plugin-HunterFocus"]Hunter Focus Plugin[/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by rocco81b View Post
    Research before posting next time please. DDO Unlimited provided free points on a regular basis to all its beta participants so they could use them in the store to buy whatever they wanted as part of the beta process. If you so chose, you could then buy more points at your own cost, but everyone in beta knew that the toons would be wiped at the end of beta, it was stated numerous times as such.

Quote Originally Posted by D.H1cks View Post
    Quick question. If I were a monthly subscriber in the beta, would I get the option to have the money spent on beta points go against my subscription fee instead?
    Because of the way the Store and account system are handled, it's not possible to have it work that way. Subscriptions are handled by our billing system and point purchases and transactions are handled through an outside vendor that's integrated via the in-game Store. Sorry.

Meghan

Edited to add: When I say "outside vendor" I actually mean a company we've specifically contracted to handle the transactions. They're not selling you the points, we are, but they are handling the actual tech side of it.
    Last edited by Patience; Jun 05 2010 at 09:17 PM.

Because of the way the Store and account system are handled, it's not possible to have it work that way. Subscriptions are handled by our billing system and point purchases and transactions are handled through an outside vendor that's integrated via the in-game Store. Sorry.

Meghan

Thanks Patience,

I figured as much, but thought I would ask anyways to make it clear. If I get into beta I will make sure to think about it before buying any additional points.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042030000000004b6/01007/signature.png]Dhor[/charsig][/CENTER]

[CENTER][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?354626-Plugin-Travel-Window&p=4957038#post4957038"]Travel Window Plugin[/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?401438-Plugin-HunterFocus"]Hunter Focus Plugin[/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by elosefast View Post
    Research before posting next time please. DDO Unlimited provided free points on a regular basis to all its beta participants so they could use them in the store to buy whatever they wanted as part of the beta process. If you so chose, you could then buy more points at your own cost, but everyone in beta knew that the toons would be wiped at the end of beta, it was stated numerous times as such.
    ...and us beta players who bought points during beta also got our purchased points credited to our 'live' account when it rolled out. We lost nothing and scored a super deal on the points package for our 'real' toons.

Meghan

Interesting...

Cool Re: So, how much will Turbine points costs?

What bothers me is that on DDO one can actually PURCHASE "32 Point Build characters." If something similar were offered within LotRO, every subscriber and life account character would be at an instant base build disadvantage. You'd be making everyone of those toons obsolete with one money-driven decision.

If you're even considering selling "premium character builds" in a LotRO store, I'm begging you NOT to do so. You'll lose subscribers and life account players in droves.
    [B][COLOR="#FFFF00"][I]I had to suspend knowledge in order to make room for faith...[/I][/COLOR][/B]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001d7e14/01008/signature.png]Tinuveril[/charsig]
    [B][I][COLOR="#FF0000"]"What, my dear Lady Disdain! are you yet living?"[/COLOR][/I][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhrval View Post
    What bothers me is that on DDO one can actually PURCHASE "32 Point Build characters." If something similar were offered within LotRO, every subscriber and life account character would be at an instant base build disadvantage. You'd be making everyone of those toons obsolete with one money-driven decision.

If you're even considering selling "premium character builds" in a LotRO store, I'm begging you NOT to do so. You'll lose subscribers and life account players in droves.
    That doesn't work in LotRO though. In DDO your character build points are your stats (STR, CON, CHA, WIS, DEX, INT) - LotRO has nothing like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhrval View Post

I'm guessing you aren't familiar with DDO gameplay?

The upgraded 32-point builds had already been in the game for a long time BEFORE F2P. They were an unlockable feature that required reaching a certain total favor level (total reputation among the different in-game factions). Adding the 32-point builds to the store didn't make anything obsolete, it just made it possible for newer players to start off with those builds. Also, the 32-point builds were not much better than the 28-point ones. In LotRO terms it's like allowing traits to go from 10 tiers to 11. Yes it's better, but not by much and certainly not overpowering.
    New Player? Check out this chart for Quest Pack access for different accounts/purchases. [URL]http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?427692-LotRO-Account-Quest-Pack-Access-Chart&p=5778210#post5778210[/URL]

German version here: [URL]http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?429055-HdRO-chart[/URL]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000179b7/signature.png]Kualo[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by KualaBangoDango View Post
    The upgraded 32-point builds had already been in the game for a long time BEFORE F2P. They were an unlockable feature that required reaching a certain total favor level (total reputation among the different in-game factions). Adding the 32-point builds to the store didn't make anything obsolete, it just made it possible for newer players to start off with those builds. Also, the 32-point builds were not much better than the 28-point ones. In LotRO terms it's like allowing traits to go from 10 tiers to 11. Yes it's better, but not by much and certainly not overpowering.
    Just wanted to highlight this for emphasis. You can still unlock 32-point builds without buying them from the DDO Store, but the fact that you can spend points to unlock them from the outset was received very positively by most players, especially since it's an account-wide unlock so they wouldn't have to grind for favor again if they played on multiple servers.

Just wanted to highlight this for emphasis. You can still unlock 32-point builds without buying them from the DDO Store, but the fact that you can spend points to unlock them from the outset was received very positively by most players, especially since it's an account-wide unlock so they wouldn't have to grind for favor again if they played on multiple servers.
    Sounds like something similar would be possible here for, as the quoted response says, virtues? If so, WIN!
    Arda Shrugged:Elendilstone

Quote Originally Posted by gildhur View Post
    Sounds like something similar would be possible here for, as the quoted response says, virtues? If so, WIN!
    If this could somehow remove the grinding of the advanced deeds for traits on alts (when our main has already done it), I think that alone may be justification to accept this move.

Quote Originally Posted by gildhur View Post
    It will be good to see an account-wide unlock for virtues but I am against the selling of virtues.

Enhance Your Gaming Experience, try LOTRO FlashBoost - LOTRO DefragSuite!