We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What interrupts do you use?

Well I have yet to figure out if our class has any interrupts available. Many times I get interrupted unless I use NH but when it comes to me being able to pay them back in kind nothing ever seems to work. What do you guys use?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000171545/01008/signature.png]Tubruk[/charsig]

Re: What interrupts do you use?

Bard's Arrow will effectively act as an interrupt against anything you can fear with that skill. The same holds true for Cry of the Predator. Distracting Shot will also interrupt anything you can mez by putting them to sleep before they can finish their induction.

You have to be able to get the skill finished before they do though, so for Bard's and Distracting it can be difficult to get them to fire in time. If you're in the middle of an induction you're doomed, and if you aren't traited 4 Huntsman you might not be fast enough even if you're ready for their induction. It all depends on how long they take vs. your induction times. Needful Haste obviously helps you get those skills off faster. You pretty much have to be sitting on your trigger, knowing that an induction is coming soon, and be ready to fear/mez as fast as possible. Learning mob behavior goes a long way here so you can predict what they will do and be ready to interrupt.

TL;DR Version - We don't have a proper interrupt. Wing it with fears/mez.
    [LEFT][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]7 Level 65s: Champ, Hunter, Guardian, Captain, RK, LM, Burglar[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=YellowGreen] [B]All of them are sick of grinding Scrolls of Empowerment[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=Red][B]Awaiting change...[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/LEFT]

We have no real interrupt skills. The only things we can do are:

1) Cry of the Predator: for beasts and other foes fearable with that. It's nice because it doesn't have an induction, but of course you are limited in what you can use it on and it has a longish CD.

2) Bard's Arrow: works on any foe that can be feared, but since it has it's own induction and isn't an immediate skill it's hard to get it off in time.

3) Distracting Shot: works on mezzable targets, but also has an induction and a long cool-down.

Other than that, hunters (and anyone else) can avoid certain induction skills by getting out of range (particularly if it's a melee mob inducting), or get behind the enemy (if the skill is a frontal AoE).

Most of the time, we just have to eat it.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Sonsy 85 Hunter[/COLOR];[COLOR="#008000"] Lodellee 85 Minstrel[/COLOR]; [COLOR="#B22222"]Bellamee 85 Guardian[/COLOR]; [COLOR="#006400"]Tennac 84 Champion[/COLOR]; [COLOR="#DAA520"]Sunnwyn 78 Captain[/COLOR]; [COLOR="#cccccc"]Missgrey 76 Lore-master[/COLOR]; [COLOR="#0000FF"]Pwnie 55 Burglar[/COLOR]; [COLOR="#996633"]Meowzen 48 Warden[/COLOR];[COLOR="#EE82EE"] Elsbetha 12 Rune-keeper[/COLOR]
    [B]Leader[/B] - Protectors of the Free [I]and [/I]Free of the Protectors - Firefoot

FOROCHEL BATTLE HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /dies

--
    and what everyone else already said.
    [COLOR=CYAN][SIZE=3]Hat Beerbane, Former .xls Wizard and Hunter Blogger[/SIZE]
    [/color]

I use the following:

Pariah's Halatosis Attack (Cry of the Predator)
    Pariah's Glitter Arrow (Bard's Arrow)
    Pariah's No Shirt Display (Distracting Shot)
    Pariah's Shouryuken (Race of Man UPPERCUT racial trait attack)

If I still had Forochel Horns I would use them to but alas I do not. I used the quests to give me Summoning Horns to pretend I was a captain back in the day.

I thinkt hey should add those as items to barter as well. That be hella sweet
    Pariah Amistacia - Nimrodel - Leader of the Devils of Angmar

Just a thought: If you are fighting a mob that you know usually pulls a move that you will want to interrupt - try using Bards Arrow and Distracting shot during your battle to prevent them from going into such a move....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000040366/signature.png]Evad[/charsig]
    [color=silver][i]"Intelligence is my bow, cunning are my arrows, and wisdom is my armor"[/i][/color]
    [color=lightgreen][b]If you experience a lag spike in real life, would you notice?[/b][/color]

There are some orcs in Moria that have a self healing move. Specifically the task masters in the training hall instance, but there are others.
    The best thing I have found is exactly what others have said, save bards arrow for when the induction starts. On those guys it's easy to pick as they will stop moving, standing completely still. Kill any other induction and hit bards. Works great.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001aad21/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Interrupt 7 (and definitely 5) ever since printers moved to USB.
    [LEFT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][I][SIZE=1]Ardent Defender against the Order of Fanatical [/SIZE][/I][I][SIZE=1]Anti-N[/SIZE][SIZE=1]eophyte [/SIZE][SIZE=1]Braggadocios [/SIZE][/I][/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Ordaining Illogicality[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/COLOR][FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/FONT][/LEFT]

Quote Originally Posted by Duredhel View Post

What, not IRQ 13 - the unluckiest of IRQs?
    [COLOR=CYAN][SIZE=3]Hat Beerbane, Former .xls Wizard and Hunter Blogger[/SIZE]
    [/color]

That's some quality geek humor there sir.
    [LEFT][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]7 Level 65s: Champ, Hunter, Guardian, Captain, RK, LM, Burglar[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=YellowGreen] [B]All of them are sick of grinding Scrolls of Empowerment[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=Red][B]Awaiting change...[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/LEFT]

also on a little note for those moria orcs that heal.

fear them if they get the induction off then ignore them like you would a red headed step child.

the fear will keep them from healing but the healing buff still runs. luckily your fear should last just as long as the heal.

so as stated before if you can get your fear off before the induction completes thats great but if you can still hit him with it your good to go.

Thumbs up Re: What interrupts do you use?

Heh, good one.

I think they pop that heal induction as soon as they get below half morale. So, use your Bard's Arrow then, and you won't have to worry about starting your induction too late.
    [CENTER][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=pink]S[SIZE=1]TROZZAPRETI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 10/X6|[COLOR=olive]R[SIZE=1]IGATONI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 8|[COLOR=red]G[SIZE=1]NOCCHI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 7|[COLOR=blue]M[SIZE=1]ACCHERONI[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS] 7|[COLOR=yellow]R[SIZE=1]AVIOLI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 6|[COLOR=orange]F[SIZE=1]USILLI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 6
    A[SIZE=1]STERIX[/SIZE]|C[SIZE=1]HARAKHA[/SIZE]|K[SIZE=1]HAGATAI[/SIZE]|V[SIZE=1]ORO[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Playing on JQ in GW2
    [/CENTER]

i think so to Rainy. been a bit since my hnt had to face off against some of them but I know the ones in Mirkwood do in certain areas if i recall right now. prob wrong but who knows.

the only time i hate this healing orc in the game is typically in Forges. thats just plain annoying. course its only annoying because we will have more than 1 enemy in the area and aoe free so fearing them off and not breaking the fear is just bleh.