Hello, fellow Hunters!
I have been gone from the game for more than a year, though I play occasionally when there's a Welcome Back Weekend. This last weekend I was impressed enough with the Skirmish system and interested enough in general to decide to re-up my subscription - at least for another three months.
Of course, the day I do this is the day that I can't connect to the game, but that's another story.
The first thing I noticed when I came back is that there have been a LOT of changes since I was playing the game regularly (not just including the whole SoM expansion. ). So many changes, in fact, that I'm left speechless trying to figure out just where to go from here.
I've included my current stats, traits (as I can remember, since I can't login) and equipment below for reference. I have several questions, and I'm looking for recommendations in general based on my play style and time I'm willing to spend on the game.
I prefer to solo in most cases, although I'm not opposed to fellowing. I recently completed some of the Books that had been laying dormant in my quest log solo, thanks to the bonuses you get from doing that. I was pretty impressed when I took down 12-15k mobs by myself. I don't have a lot of time to play the game, usually a few hours a couple nights a week during the week and then five-six on the weekend.
I'm not a trapper/crowd-control hunter - I prefer to snipe from as far away as possible with as much damage as possible. I usually run in Strength stance when soloing, but move to Endurance when fellowing to allow champs or guardians to keep aggro. After all, a couple fire-oiled Penetrating Shots will pull just about anything. And yes, I know not to use AoE while fellowing.
1. What equipment would best fit this play style?
2. What traits would work best? I've been reading that slotting 5 traits of any one legendary type (bowmaster, huntsman, etc) is usually not worth the effort - especially in the case of Fleet Stance, which I must say, seemed excessively worthless on first read.
3. What should I be concentrating on, in terms of quest lines (e.g. Moria quests, Mirkwood) in order to maximize my chances of getting whatever equipment I need?
4. I always seem to be short on cash. I discovered the bounties in the Skirmish missions, but is there another good resource for building my current lack of funds into the stellar bank accounts I see from other people?
5. The entirety of the Legendary Item system confuses the bleeding blue hell out of me. I have to reforge my bow apparently since it leveled up (I got the notification the other day while playing), but I honestly have no idea which of the items/relics/whatever to slot where or... argh! I quite simply don't have the time and I'm not willing to spend the effort to learn the ins and outs of the system to the degree of a standard min/maxer. Help!
I'm also willing to consider any other suggestions or recommendations that you might have, and I look forward to rocking the lands of Eriador (and beyond) once more.
(Thanks to geoboy!)
- Barbed Fury
- Critical Eye
- True Shot
- Deadly Precision
- Hail of Arrows
- Fast Draw
- Strength of Morale
- Rain of Thorns
- Press Onward