We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Creep traits

Creep traits

Could creeps have one more class and racial slot, so they have the same number of traits as freeps? And also, what are people's thoughts on some form of legendary traits for creeps, aside from these "appearance" traits?

Also, I think certain traits need to be adjusted for the sake of balance. For example, I'm going to compare hunter tracking with warg tracking.

Hunters gain the ability to track different types of enemies as they level. When they are about halfway to the level cap, they can track any type of enemy, with 3 different skills that share a 30s CD. They can also slot a trait which increases their tracking range and allows them to track stealthed enemies.

Wargs gain their ability to track at R9. It is a single skill on a 2m CD and can track any type of enemy. They can't track stealthed enemies until R15, and that trait reduces their tracking range.

It's things like this that I think should be changed. Hunters can track anything, stealthed or otherwise, at maximum range when they are halfway leveled up. I think wargs should be able to do the same when they are halfway through the ranks. Make the warg tracking a lower rank skill (maybe 6 or 7), and make the trait for it R9 or 10. Also, no need to reduce the range.

P.S. No, this is not warg QQ. God forbid something like that, rofl. And yes, I do think wargs should be nerfed in other ways
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000be8eb/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [color=yellow][I]There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too wierd to live, but too rare to die.[/I][/color] ~Hunter S. Thompson

Re: Creep traits

If it was BA's that got tracking I would agree with you. But it's wargs, who are already a very mobile stealth class. Giving that kind of class equal tracking would actually be anotehr step away from balance not towards it.

-Morrdan/Weaver/Pre
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/nimrodel/bizladan/]Bizladan[/url] Hunter
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/nimrodel/bizldore/]Bizldore[/url] Burglar
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/nimrodel/bizldur/]Bizldur[/url] Lore-Master
    Nimrodel - Vinyara, Officer

Do Warg run faster in stealthy mode than Burg? I have not tried Warg but I've tried Burg a bit and when my Burg is in stealth mode, he is REALLY slow. I've seen stealthy Wargs running just as fast as my Spider.

Quote Originally Posted by jibikao View Post
    Do Warg run faster in stealthy mode than Burg? I have not tried Warg but I've tried Burg a bit and when my Burg is in stealth mode, he is REALLY slow. I've seen stealthy Wargs running just as fast as my Spider.
    there are traits/legacies to speed them up in stealth on both sides. And regarding the warg tracking thing, no. Like BIZL said, doing something like that just makes the gap between balance and unbalanced that much more.

That is true... I hadn't thought of the classes' functionalities and roles before, I was only thinking of them as "trackers." As for BA's having tracking, I think their stealth detection is a decent substitute for that, but some creep class should have decent tracking abilities IMO, so probably BA just to keep it simple. Maybe wargs should then be the ones with stealth detection instead? I'm just throwin out ideas here, so don't take me too seriously
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000be8eb/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [color=yellow][I]There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too wierd to live, but too rare to die.[/I][/color] ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by head0nfire View Post
    That is true... I hadn't thought of the classes' functionalities and roles before, I was only thinking of them as "trackers." As for BA's having tracking, I think their stealth detection is a decent substitute for that, but some creep class should have decent tracking abilities IMO, so probably BA just to keep it simple. Maybe wargs should then be the ones with stealth detection instead? I'm just throwin out ideas here, so don't take me too seriously
    Every creep can already track a different race in stealth. Of course, some are more useful than others (i.e. barely any dwarves in the moors), but it's there already.
    [CENTER][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=pink]S[SIZE=1]TROZZAPRETI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 10/X6|[COLOR=olive]R[SIZE=1]IGATONI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 8|[COLOR=red]G[SIZE=1]NOCCHI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 7|[COLOR=blue]M[SIZE=1]ACCHERONI[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS] 7|[COLOR=yellow]R[SIZE=1]AVIOLI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 6|[COLOR=orange]F[SIZE=1]USILLI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 6
    A[SIZE=1]STERIX[/SIZE]|C[SIZE=1]HARAKHA[/SIZE]|K[SIZE=1]HAGATAI[/SIZE]|V[SIZE=1]ORO[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Playing on JQ in GW2
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by jibikao View Post
    Wargs can trait pretty early on for improved stealth which lets them move at normal speed while stealth. Burgs on the other hand, move at 50% speed up until they get the Leaf Walker trait. They then can move slightly faster. I believe with legacies and the Leaf Walker trait the fastest a burg can move while stealthed(not included the iHiPs) is 88% normal. So, yes Wargs can move faster then Burgs while stealthed.
    BW toons: Keero Rank 6 Burg, Muzsnap Rank 6 Warg, Jerrkface R.2 Weaver
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000001a27/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by head0nfire View Post
    Could creeps have one more class and racial slot, so they have the same number of traits as freeps? And also, what are people's thoughts on some form of legendary traits for creeps, aside from these "appearance" traits?

Also, I think certain traits need to be adjusted for the sake of balance. For example, I'm going to compare hunter tracking with warg tracking.

Hunters gain the ability to track different types of enemies as they level. When they are about halfway to the level cap, they can track any type of enemy, with 3 different skills that share a 30s CD. They can also slot a trait which increases their tracking range and allows them to track stealthed enemies.

Wargs gain their ability to track at R9. It is a single skill on a 2m CD and can track any type of enemy. They can't track stealthed enemies until R15, and that trait reduces their tracking range.

It's things like this that I think should be changed. Hunters can track anything, stealthed or otherwise, at maximum range when they are halfway leveled up. I think wargs should be able to do the same when they are halfway through the ranks. Make the warg tracking a lower rank skill (maybe 6 or 7), and make the trait for it R9 or 10. Also, no need to reduce the range.

P.S. No, this is not warg QQ. God forbid something like that, rofl. And yes, I do think wargs should be nerfed in other ways
    Only 1 out of 9 freep classes can track. I don't think creeps need a boost in this area

Wargs do run faster. Add the plus 20% speed pot and they are like racecarts
    [url=http://postimg.org/image/l3zh8so1j/][img]http://s7.postimg.org/l3zh8so1j/cheeky_fox.jpg[/img][/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Keeroe View Post
    Wargs can trait pretty early on for improved stealth which lets them move at normal speed while stealth. Burgs on the other hand, move at 50% speed up until they get the Leaf Walker trait. They then can move slightly faster. I believe with legacies and the Leaf Walker trait the fastest a burg can move while stealthed(not included the iHiPs) is 88% normal. So, yes Wargs can move faster then Burgs while stealthed.
    since when a warg can move at normal speed in stealth ?

Quote Originally Posted by Keeroe View Post
    Wargs in stealth start at 50% speed just like Burgs. At r0, they can buy Enhanced Skill: Stealth which raises speed by 20% as well as Long Strides which raises speed by 5%. Then at r5, they can purchase Four-legged Foe which increases speed by another 5%. So, based your numbers Wargs in stealth run 8% slower than Burgs without the use of speed pots.
    Last edited by jeedai; Jun 02 2010 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeedai View Post
    Wargs start at 50% speed just like Burgs. At r0, they can buy Enhanced Skill: Stealth which raises speed by 20% as well as Long Strides which raises speed by 5%. Then at r5, they can purchase Four-legged Foe which increases speed by another 5%. So, based your numbers Wargs in stealth run 8% slower than Burgs without the use of speed pots.
    + 1 rep

Quote Originally Posted by jeedai View Post
    Wargs in stealth start at 50% speed just like Burgs. At r0, they can buy Enhanced Skill: Stealth which raises speed by 20% as well as Long Strides which raises speed by 5%. Then at r5, they can purchase Four-legged Foe which increases speed by another 5%. So, based your numbers Wargs in stealth run 8% slower than Burgs without the use of speed pots.
    I am almost sure my warg has 100% normal speed at rank5. slower than Burg? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by irkel View Post
    since when a warg can move at normal speed in stealth ?
    Rank 0

10chars