We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What you're most looking forward to in LotRO

Obviously in terms of the books, we've still got a hell of a lot of content to go through. When I ask people what they want to see in Middle Earth, usually they say Minas Tirith. My answer is slightly different.

The part in LotRO I'm looking forward to the most is the Scouring of the Shire. I don't know how they're going to do it or if we'll ever get that far in the game, but I think it'd be brilliant to be a part of. I also really want to see some more stuff from the Hobbit. The lonely mountain! To see Bard the bowman take his shot at the Smaug, to be a part in the battle of the 5 armies, or in Thranduil's palace, barrel rolling and drunk elves! Those are the bits that get the lore geek in my giddy with pleasure.

What floats your boat? What bits of the storyline do you want to be a part of most?
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][B][I][COLOR=YellowGreen][U][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000028da/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/U][/COLOR][/I][/B][/SIZE]
    [I][COLOR=YellowGreen]Elendilmir[/COLOR] - Palanwyn ~ Figgy ~ Eochael ~ Lamath ~ Bobble ~ Poppet ~ Rachie
    [COLOR=YellowGreen]Eldar[/COLOR] - Figgi ~ Figglez
    [COLOR=YellowGreen]Co-creator of [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/www.thefatlute.com"]The Fat Lute[/URL][/COLOR][/I]
    [/CENTER]

Re: What you're most looking forward to in LotRO

I want to see a helms deep PVMP skirmish repeatable as part of an epic book quest line or maybe pve with pvp option
    [CENTER][COLOR=lightblue]Iinferno - r12 LM[/COLOR][COLOR=red] IVillKillU - r8 Reaver[/COLOR][COLOR=orange] Dongramorthil - Warden[/COLOR] [COLOR=Magenta]Doalin - Hunter [/COLOR][COLOR=#696969]​Defaelearin - RK [/COLOR][COLOR=#8b4513]Dongrailin - Captain [/COLOR][COLOR=#add8e6](Officer of Preying Mantis)[/COLOR]
    [SIZE=1][SIZE=2][COLOR=#00ff00]Author of[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=#4b0082][SIZE=2] [URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info745-Lore-MasterDebuffHelper.html"]DebuffHelper[/URL][/SIZE]

[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

Smile Re: What you're most looking forward to in LotRO

Pelennor Fields, with some epic massive raid (and hopes for 24 player requirement)!
    [IMG]http://lotro-wiki.com/images/7/77/Burglar-icon.png[/IMG]

Second star to the right and straight until morning... til you reach Neverland...

Thumbs up Re: What you're most looking forward to in LotRO

Y'know, I've heard it mentioned a lot, and I know very little on lotr/hobbit, but I'm gonna agree, that I'm interested in the Scouring of the Shire. (I do enjoy the Trouble in Tuckborough skirmish and relate that to the scouring I guess.) Of course the Riders of Rohan (y'know the horse lover in me Figgy, ) and the Ents.. and then ya bring up The Hobbit... Smaug... /nod nod nods
    Nothing sticks out the most, but just a lot of the obvious ones.
    !<3?!Wargs Rule!!?<3! But only because we have no playable feline races.
    ???s6u!?? 3?!?o?@? ?w ?o m3? @ 3?@ 3s3??
    *s6u!s* ¡?w ?o ?s3!6?@M pu@ 's3ss3??s!w-3?ol 's3s?l3?

Founder & Altoholic: playing wargies and loremistresses since 2006 SoA beta.*Jingle Jangle!*
    A "lifetime" of play on: Elendilmir (RIP), Crick, Landy, & more.

Isengard & Helm's Deep. I hope beyond hope that the devs make them both epic.
    [CENTER][FONT=Garamond][B][COLOR=#424242]« [COLOR=#FF0000]S[/COLOR]eyz [COLOR=#FF0000]V[/COLOR]anguard - R14 »[/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042040000000a4551/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

Hard to specify it too much, since I want to see it all, but Minas Morgul, Dagorlad, and Mordor have to be at the top of the list.
    solien
    armor-plated since SoA alpha 3
    arkenstone: hall of fire & into the west

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    I also really want to see some more stuff from the Hobbit. The lonely mountain! To see Bard the bowman take his shot at the Smaug, to be a part in the battle of the 5 armies, or in Thranduil's palace, barrel rolling and drunk elves! Those are the bits that get the lore geek in my giddy with pleasure.

What floats your boat? What bits of the storyline do you want to be a part of most?
    Are you thinking Instances / Flashbacks (a la Books 14/15 and We Cannot Get Out)? If so, then I agree as that would be about the only way to have Smaug and Battle of 5 Armies in the game.

That being said, I'd still like some of the LOTR timeline events in Dale and Lonely Mountain.

As for LOTR things I'd like to see - Pelannor Fields where we happen to be near Eowyn when she takes on the Witch King.
    Krysfaerun (100 Minstrel), Wyrana (100 Guardian), Krysfrune (100 Rune-Keeper), Voxmoney (32 Warden), Merrykrysmas (38 Burglar) - Vox Immortalis
    Krysbruin (61 Beorning) - Hammer of Wrath
    Manlyman (41 Captain) - Tappa Kegga Dae

I would really like to see more obscure places that are mentioned in passing in the books ala Forochel. Places like the southern coast of Gondor, Rhun, Khand, Umbar, Harad, the Iron Hills, etc.
    MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority

Shelob.
    [CENTER] [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001029cf/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/CENTER]
    [B][COLOR=darkorange]

Purposely using proper grammar and punctuation since 1998![/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=red]Commodore64 + 8B RAM + 7MB HD + 286 + Gravis Ultrasound Midi [/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

believe it or not, Im looking forward to learning what LI's are all about in game. From the chat Ive read, to the posts Ive seen on the forums, its confusing as all hell, but I really want to experience it for myself.

That and doing any instance for the first time. 47 levels and I still havent set foot inside anything.
    ...holding aggro, and living to tell about it.
    This used to be a signature picture before Turbine "fixed" the forums.
    Your sword's grown old and rusty - Burnt beneath the rising sun
    It's locked up like a trophy - Forgetting all the things it's done

At this point: any new landmass.
    [center][b][color=gray]Dedoric[/color] || [color=royalblue]Rocso[/color][/b] of [url=http://guild-sanctuary.com/lotro]Sanctuary[/url]
    [size=1][[url=http://lotroplayers.com]LOTROPlayers[/url]]
    [[url=http://greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com]The Grey Company Podcast[/url]]
    [[url=http://masteroflore.wordpress.com]Master of Lore blog[/url]][/size]
    [/center]

Any of the following would be nice:

24 man creep raid into Minis Tirith (ok just a dream i know)

New pvp zone, black gate or Isengard. With session play again like in SOA. Freeps get an Ent, creeps get a baby ballrog Neither one being to powerful but could help greatly in keep taking. I miss trolls and rangers.

I do have a funny feeling Ost Giliath will be the new pvp zone if we ever get one. One big ruined city with no keeps in it just put a lot of hotspots in the zone. Would get people moving around a lot.

24 man Helms Deep raid. 6 levels of defence, 6 bosses with waves of mobs attacking. Hmm that would be brilliant.

I hope the devs spend as much time on Minis Tirith as they did designing Moria. Moria felt like a prison after a while but it sure was pretty.

Suppose I would like to spit in Saurons eye someday. So a Mount Doom/Barad-Dur raid be nice as well.

Minis Morgul for another raid
    Seanie

Fangorn forest

There have been references in book that there is some evil in that forest that the ents can't control, i would love to be lost in that forest. I just hope they dont provide map like they did for old forest...

But i do think the game is long over due for one more 24 man raid.

Quote Originally Posted by witchking782 View Post
    Fangorn forest

There have been references in book that there is some evil in that forest that the ents can't control, i would love to be lost in that forest. I just hope they dont provide map like they did for old forest...

But i do think the game is long over due for one more 24 man raid.
    Or make it shift around! Oh, awesomeness.

I'd like mirkwood forest just like the Hobbit, if you go off the path, you end up at the rez circle.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000019caef/signature.png]Nerves[/charsig]

Wide open southlands
    Minas Tirith
    Minas Morgul
    New gear that's actually a significant upgrade
    Thranduil's underground Mirkwood realm
    New armour models
    Arda Shrugged:Elendilstone

Sitting on the Seat of Seeing at the falls of Rauros and being able to see all over the world through little vignettes.....or even just looking out across the plains of the Entwash from on top of Amon Hen.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000002748d/01001/signature.png]Belgard[/charsig]

Dadorin Level 65 Dwarf Runekeeper / Dombald Level 53 Minstrel

I'm looking forward to G's and Ayr's kid rolling a toon.
    [CENTER] [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001029cf/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/CENTER]
    [B][COLOR=darkorange]

Purposely using proper grammar and punctuation since 1998![/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=red]Commodore64 + 8B RAM + 7MB HD + 286 + Gravis Ultrasound Midi [/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie08 View Post
    I'm looking forward to G's and Ayr's kid rolling a toon.
    lol. She's pretty good at facerolling already, so the clear choice is Champ. I'll get her set up with a F2P account.
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

I want to raid Minas Morgul, aside from that..

this new business model opens things up, the increased revenue and the fact that they'll be trying to sell us this content piece by piece forces them to try and make it higher quality.

I'm also all for premium cosmetics, I'll pay for vanity, call me dumb, but I will, if the premium cosmetics are very well done.

I'd pay for the ability as a weaponsmith to choose what skin I give a weapon I craft.

It's something that can set aside 1 weaponsmith from others, yes, money and willingness to spend it on a game "unlevels" the playing field in this instance, but in a way that is only skin deep, it's all vanity, yet, if I can pay a few bucks worth of Turbine points to make 2h legendary swords with the skin of Hill-Defender I'd do it, and there'd be other WS' that wouldn't, and I'm sure that people would pay me some extra gold to make them a weapon with that skin. I know I'd pay a weaponsmith extra gold if he could make me a 2nd age 2h sword that had a different skin than the one I have currently (which I find pretty ugly)

new good content?

For me it's still Minas Tirith.

Mounted Combat is another one...

Oh. And of course. The Grey Havens. :P

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Quote Originally Posted by Laire View Post
    For me it's still Minas Tirith.

Mounted Combat is another one...

Oh. And of course. The Grey Havens. :P
    Would somebody please toss Larry a bone and code up the Grey Havens!!!!

I guess everybody else could have access to it as well.....

Theodhelm - Captain | Falawine - Hunter | Coquet - Warden | Junkyard - Stalker
    ~Elendilmir Server~ the [Jewelled Bell] of servers
    ~Misadventurers~

Quote Originally Posted by Thalifea View Post
    Would somebody please toss Larry a bone and code up the Grey Havens!!!!
    That's 15,000 points in the store.
    Arda Shrugged:Elendilstone

I too would love to have the grey havens, Mithlond, Emyn Beraid (tower Hills). I have wanted it since beta...GIVE IT TO US

:P

Dior-
    Dioradan lvl 65 hntr | Dioraranel lvl 65 mini | Allodyr lvl 49 burg

The MiddleEarth content I most want to see is Fangorn Forest - to hear the deep rumbling speech of Ents and the rustle of their passing. To feel the deep roots of the forest about the feet of the tall mountains.

I'd also love to see the path up to Harrowdale and to enter into the Paths of the Dead.

And definitely the dawn upon which Rohan (us!) rides to Gondor's aid.

Content I'd like to see:

A 3-man skirmish quest across the plains of Rohan that involves finding clues in order to chase down warbands of goblins and/or Uruk-hai (difficulty rating?). Bonus SMs if you can find them before they reach a border.

A 24-man mounted Eored skirmish patrol across Rohan, resulting in a battle.

And perhaps an instance quest that you play as a Wose/Druedain/Drughu - having to sneak through forested mountain paths on some errand. No, not pie delivery - it could perhaps finish with the assassination of some Mordor-ish messenger?
    [B]Vulfen cpt 100[/b]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast