We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    989

    :O I think I found my perfect melee LI...


    Is there a better leg group possible for moors than this melee??? lol when i reforged it and found stealth detection I went nuts lol.... and the bow is decent.

    .....just hope i get max aoe targets on final leg
    Last edited by sjmartin19; May 27 2010 at 09:13 PM.
    [b][color=green]Zekorr hnt-r9 (brandy)[/color] ~ [color=blue]Backstabzz burg-r8[/color] ~ [color=blue]Cashout grd-r7[/color]~ [color=blue]Arkorz warg-r7[/color] ~ [color=blue]Zekor ba-r6[/color] ~[color=blue]Bashr rvr-r7[/color]

    -Gladden[/b]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,855

    Re: :O I think I found my perfect melee LI...

    Quote Originally Posted by sjmartin19 View Post

    Is there a better leg group possible for moors than this melee??? lol when i reforged it and found stealth detection I went nuts lol.... and the bow is decent.

    .....just hope i get max aoe targets on final leg

    Eh, I guess I'll be the killjoy (although I don't want to be due to your enthusiasm!)


    First: I'm not suggesting you get rid of it.

    I used a 60 2A for PvE for a long time b/c it had Prec/NH/AoE/FtP/IC power and some blah for stats; I was jubilant it ID'd so nicely and it was everything I wanted in a PvE offhand. Except one thing.

    You're in the same boat, that's a great all around weapon and I totally suggest you keep it; ESPECIALLY since anything dealing w/ an LI is up in the air since I'd assume the system is changing (and even if it DOESN'T - good enough for now is the best philosophy anyway - you're not marrying it, you'll more than likely /toss @ the next expansion *or* some other change occurs - either way, don't sweat it and 'love the one you're with. You'll be happier.)

    PERSONALLY

    And I tossed it about 2 months after I got it b/c I finally got a 65 3A w/ NH/AoE/FtP on it. The crafted relic really is kinda nice. I'm happier w/ my 3A than I was w/ my 60 2A, even though it's last three 'legacies' made it the hunter version of a buffstick. I would have liked Prec Magnitude, but that's OK. I don't use Prec as much as other hunters, and I know that.

    ALSO

    There are great raid legs and there are great moors legs. But in many cases they ain't the same legs.

    THE FOLLOWING IS MY OPINION:
    NH is always great, AoE is always great, FtP is always great. Precision is great for raids, IC Power is handy, neither are worth much for Moors work. AR Heal, Detect, likewise, are nutterific for Moors, but if you're parrying much in raids you're either doing so purposefully for FUN, or b/c you're higher on the agro list than your tank. In either case: not for the group efficiency of it.

    Also, the STATS you put on your blah legacies are different. I don't need Fate for the Moors, I crave it for PVE.

    PERSONALLY:
    I have a 60FA I use in the Moors. I got it on watcher v1, and it was the first 'useful' 1A drop for our kin, and a topic of much jealousy. It was a 59 1A dagger - 1.5 speed at the time. ID'd w/ tier 6 NH. By the time I got it to level cap, it was all tier 6: NH/+Camo/Steal Detect/AR Heal/blah/blah. On SoM launch, I delving it, and stated blah/blah to VIT/AGI. It has a +10 VIT crafted. It's sick. I love it still. I'll keep it forever, you can't get +camo anymore.

    BUT THE 1st POINT!!!!!

    Consider splitting off a second LI for a Moors weapon if you Moors alot. Not only do I keep that 1A b/c it's freakin' the cats meow, but I *still* swap it contantly w/ my spear. My spear is the heavy hitter. The dagger is for stealth, AR. I can pop NH on both if I get jumped, and that's what matters.

    AND THE 2nd POINT!!!!

    Use multiple LI's to do stuff, and swap 'em. There's no cooldown on legacies affecting a skill, they just have to be equipped at the time of use. For example: BN cooldown can be on a LI and you equip it before you BN. Same w/ DF, etc, etc. These skills aren't combat oriented - they can be on LI's you never slot relics in.





    ANyway, hope that helps. And like I said: KEEP IT. It's good!!!
    Last edited by kerryak; May 28 2010 at 08:56 AM.
    [COLOR=CYAN][SIZE=3]Hat Beerbane, Former .xls Wizard and Hunter Blogger[/SIZE]
    [/color]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    9,844

    Re: :O I think I found my perfect melee LI...

    Yeah, unfortunately, not using a level 65 will limit you in a few ways. You can't use crafted relics or T9s.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000019caef/signature.png]Nerves[/charsig]

  4. #4

    Re: :O I think I found my perfect melee LI...

    The precision isnt all that great for moors.

    I would say by least to most importance of useful legacies (for moors)

    Melee skills crit
    Melee skills crit mult
    Blindisde crit
    Beneath notice
    Stealth detection
    Aoe Targets
    Desp flight cooldown
    Find the path
    Neeful haste

    Raiding the only useful legs are

    Targets
    Beneath notice
    Needful haste


    Everything else isnt needed unless your a precision hunter and you want the pres crit as well (Up to you )

    Here's what I'm using atm for raiding havent found a moors on yet, the P:S was for testing only, need a setting and stuff.

    Last edited by YesMaam; May 28 2010 at 01:09 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In the Rez Circle
    Posts
    144

    Re: :O I think I found my perfect melee LI...

    Must haves for "perfect" Moors weapon IMO

    Melee

    Needful Haste
    AOE Targets
    Find the Path
    Stealth Detection

    Bow

    Barbed Arrow
    - focus power
    - induction power
    + quick shot slow

    Both must be lvl 65 for the dps/rune slot

    That's my opinion of course, your mileage will vary and I'm still looking too as neither of mine are "perfect"
    ____________________________
    Third Marshal Uiphor Piehole The BATTLEMASTER Stalker Slayer~Reavers Enemy~Black Arrows Enemy~War Leaders Enemy~Weavers Enemy~Foe To All
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203000000032965/01008/signature.png]Uiphor[/charsig]

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,074

    Re: :O I think I found my perfect melee LI...

    Quote Originally Posted by ring3r View Post
    Must haves for "perfect" Moors weapon IMO

    Melee

    Needful Haste
    AOE Targets
    Find the Path
    Stealth Detection

    Bow

    Barbed Arrow
    - focus power
    - induction power
    + quick shot slow



    Both must be lvl 65 for the dps/rune slot

    That's my opinion of course, your mileage will vary and I'm still looking too as neither of mine are "perfect"


    lol wut

    None of the crits for a moors bow?
    Ughidontknow rnk 14 hunter...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,855

    Re: :O I think I found my perfect melee LI...

    for a moors bow, I'd probably want BA bleed, -block, -evade, MS cooldown, QS slow, both crits.

    In a perfect world, anyway.



    (Yes, I know that has more tier A's than you get on ID).
    [COLOR=CYAN][SIZE=3]Hat Beerbane, Former .xls Wizard and Hunter Blogger[/SIZE]
    [/color]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    4,740

    Re: :O I think I found my perfect melee LI...

    Choice Ranged Weapon:



    NOTE: Buddy of mine's wife was downrange with him in this pic and a few others. She isnt holding the M16 right but Oo Rah anyways!

    Here is my Main Hand Weapon.



    Pariah Amistacia - Nimrodel - Leader of the Devils of Angmar

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,855

    Re: :O I think I found my perfect melee LI...

    I can only assume the desert eagle is a .50
    [COLOR=CYAN][SIZE=3]Hat Beerbane, Former .xls Wizard and Hunter Blogger[/SIZE]
    [/color]

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In the Rez Circle
    Posts
    144

    Re: :O I think I found my perfect melee LI...

    Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post
    lol wut

    None of the crits for a moors bow?
    nope I'd rather have more power all the time than +2 or +3% damage 1 in 30 shots

    But like I said your mileage will vary
    ____________________________
    Third Marshal Uiphor Piehole The BATTLEMASTER Stalker Slayer~Reavers Enemy~Black Arrows Enemy~War Leaders Enemy~Weavers Enemy~Foe To All
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203000000032965/01008/signature.png]Uiphor[/charsig]

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    145

    Re: :O I think I found my perfect melee LI...

    Good god, that desert eagle might need to be registered as a cannon. WMD indeed.

    Very nice sir.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New England. Clam Chowdah!
    Posts
    588

    Re: :O I think I found my perfect melee LI...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kannos1600 View Post
    Choice Ranged Weapon:



    NOTE: Buddy of mine's wife was downrange with him in this pic and a few others. She isnt holding the M16 right but Oo Rah anyways!
    That's how ya hurt yourself! I can just see the scope going into the eye from the kick back.

    Here you go. No kickback on this gun, but at least I'm holding it right! ...I think.
    Last edited by pocoemme; May 28 2010 at 06:02 PM.
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/user-1001408/2010/10/21/i-can-haz-well-formulated-sentence-and-so-can-u/][b][u][size=4]i can haz well formulated sentence and so can u![/size][/b][/u][/url]

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,855

    Re: :O I think I found my perfect melee LI...

    Quote Originally Posted by KrisXerxes View Post
    Good god, that desert eagle might need to be registered as a cannon. WMD indeed.

    Very nice sir.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdkpaP2Z7fg
    [COLOR=CYAN][SIZE=3]Hat Beerbane, Former .xls Wizard and Hunter Blogger[/SIZE]
    [/color]

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    4,223

    Re: :O I think I found my perfect melee LI...

    Quote Originally Posted by pocoemme View Post
    Here you go. No kickback on this gun, but at least I'm holding it right! ...I think.
    Hawt!!!!!!
    [center]Landy: [b]Alphanova 3.0[/b] - R10 RK [b][i]Hitman for Mother Nature[/i][/b]
    Brandy: [b]Rotoreaver[/b] - R9 Reaver [b][i]Chop-N-Cleaver[/i][/b]
    Firefoot-Retired: [b]Alphazen[/b] - R9 Hunt*rd (MoM); [b]Spankdush[/b] - R6 Warg (SoA)
    [/center]

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Irvine
    Posts
    3,559

    Re: :O I think I found my perfect melee LI...

    Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post
    lol wut

    None of the crits for a moors bow?
    Don't crit much in the moors. I'd rather have the evade and block stuff.
    [CENTER][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=pink]S[SIZE=1]TROZZAPRETI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 10/X6|[COLOR=olive]R[SIZE=1]IGATONI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 8|[COLOR=red]G[SIZE=1]NOCCHI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 7|[COLOR=blue]M[SIZE=1]ACCHERONI[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS] 7|[COLOR=yellow]R[SIZE=1]AVIOLI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 6|[COLOR=orange]F[SIZE=1]USILLI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 6
    A[SIZE=1]STERIX[/SIZE]|C[SIZE=1]HARAKHA[/SIZE]|K[SIZE=1]HAGATAI[/SIZE]|V[SIZE=1]ORO[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Playing on JQ in GW2
    [/CENTER]

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    989

    Re: :O I think I found my perfect melee LI...

    Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post
    lol wut

    None of the crits for a moors bow?
    U check the hnt forums ugh?

    On topic....
    1st off I know precision isn't good for moors, and 2nd I don't have the ixp to go with a 65 3A.... If I did the bow would be maxed. But I'm satisfied lol....
    [b][color=green]Zekorr hnt-r9 (brandy)[/color] ~ [color=blue]Backstabzz burg-r8[/color] ~ [color=blue]Cashout grd-r7[/color]~ [color=blue]Arkorz warg-r7[/color] ~ [color=blue]Zekor ba-r6[/color] ~[color=blue]Bashr rvr-r7[/color]

    -Gladden[/b]

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    4,740

    Re: :O I think I found my perfect melee LI...

    Quote Originally Posted by pocoemme View Post
    That's how ya hurt yourself! I can just see the scope going into the eye from the kick back.

    Here you go. No kickback on this gun, but at least I'm holding it right! ...I think.
    Not sure how tight you have that in your shoulder but yeah your holding it good.

    In the pic it looks like your holding it lightly but then again your in a standing firing position which is the most unstable position to fire in as to why I would suspect the rifle not stable for you but thats a nice rifle though.

    After a couple of rounds from the M16 she ended up dropping the rifle due to not holding it properly and my buddy and I set her straight. Mostly me since I was yelling at everyone else on the range too on that day but I was at least moderately nice to her lol.

    EDIT: Yes the Desert Eagle is a .50 cal Hand Cannon last I checked. It may again be classified as a Hand Gun but when I bought mine it was a Hand Cannon.
    Pariah Amistacia - Nimrodel - Leader of the Devils of Angmar

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    1,243

    Re: :O I think I found my perfect melee LI...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainyman View Post
    Don't crit much in the moors. I'd rather have the evade and block stuff.
    I crit a lot in the moors...

    I need
    Ranged:
    Focus crit
    Induction crit
    BA bleed
    HS dmg or Burn hot, either one

    Melee:
    Melee crit
    Blinside Crit
    AR heal
    Low cut bleed
    AOE target

    my melee doesn't have aoe atm but aside from that they're good

    excuse the unfinsihed melee and poor tiers
    [CENTER][I][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000dc2af/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/CENTER]

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New England. Clam Chowdah!
    Posts
    588

    Re: :O I think I found my perfect melee LI...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kannos1600 View Post
    Not sure how tight you have that in your shoulder but yeah your holding it good.

    In the pic it looks like your holding it lightly but then again your in a standing firing position which is the most unstable position to fire in as to why I would suspect the rifle not stable for you but thats a nice rifle though.
    I hit the target (and no passerbys) and that's all that counts to me!
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/user-1001408/2010/10/21/i-can-haz-well-formulated-sentence-and-so-can-u/][b][u][size=4]i can haz well formulated sentence and so can u![/size][/b][/u][/url]

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    4,740

    Re: :O I think I found my perfect melee LI...

    Quote Originally Posted by pocoemme View Post
    I hit the target (and no passerbys) and that's all that counts to me!
    Hitting the target is always win. You dont have to hit black to do good IMO

    After all you are shooting an inanimate object.

    I used to have fun shooting beer cans with my dad when I was a kid. ( They were empty. ) We would get our Air Rifles out and pop shot the can over and over again from max range. Course being in the city you could only do this in the basement of your house so. ./shrug
    Pariah Amistacia - Nimrodel - Leader of the Devils of Angmar

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,855

    Re: :O I think I found my perfect melee LI...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kannos1600 View Post

    I used to have fun shooting beer cans with my dad when I was a kid. ( They were empty. ) We would get our Air Rifles out and pop shot the can over and over again from max range. Course being in the city you could only do this in the basement of your house so. ./shrug

    Oh yeah.


    I have (my dad's) Savage model 50A .22, that has a parallel mag that accepts short, long, long rifle (I don't think mag, this was my dad's gun when he was a bean). we'd go out and find a berm some place w/ a bag of empties and a 6 pack of warm RC cola. At the end, shake up the 6 pack o cola and shoot it.

    bang, wphiierw-ppppfffffssssssh.

    awesome times.

    One time he was looking for a good berm near where they were digging up for a landfill (hey, big holes, right? should be automatic berm win), and found an indian graveyard, no kidding. that's weird, what's that? oh look a skull. jerks were just diggin through it! my pops called the cops; they moved the landfill someplace else.

    I hope you were wanting me to share 'the joys of hat's youth: from bean to pew pew' cause you got it.
    [COLOR=CYAN][SIZE=3]Hat Beerbane, Former .xls Wizard and Hunter Blogger[/SIZE]
    [/color]

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    4,740

    Re: :O I think I found my perfect melee LI...

    Quote Originally Posted by kerryak View Post
    Oh yeah.


    I have (my dad's) Savage model 50A .22, that has a parallel mag that accepts short, long, long rifle (I don't think mag, this was my dad's gun when he was a bean). we'd go out and find a berm some place w/ a bag of empties and a 6 pack of warm RC cola. At the end, shake up the 6 pack o cola and shoot it.

    bang, wphiierw-ppppfffffssssssh.

    awesome times.

    One time he was looking for a good berm near where they were digging up for a landfill (hey, big holes, right? should be automatic berm win), and found an indian graveyard, no kidding. that's weird, what's that? oh look a skull. jerks were just diggin through it! my pops called the cops; they moved the landfill someplace else.

    I hope you were wanting me to share 'the joys of hat's youth: from bean to pew pew' cause you got it.
    desecrating holy ground isnt my idea of a good time. those jackasses should of been tossed in a hole. just saying.

    what a waste of soda though man! i woulda at least drank the soda first lol. course that would of ruined the point of fizzing the soda into the air
    Pariah Amistacia - Nimrodel - Leader of the Devils of Angmar

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Kannagi <mine>
    Posts
    3,809

    Re: :O I think I found my perfect melee LI...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kannos1600 View Post
    You know, I got to play around with one of those at a gun show, and I pretty much couldn't shoot one without breaking my thumb off. My hands are too small to hold it correctly. If I were going to get a big gun, it'd have to be something like this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kannos1600 View Post
    what a waste of soda though man! i woulda at least drank the soda first lol.
    Please note:

    Quote Originally Posted by kerryak View Post
    ...warm RC cola.
    RC is neither drinkable nor does it qualify as soda. Double that sentiment if it's warm.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=dimgray]::: [SIZE=3][URL="http://waywatchersofcardolan.guildportal.com"][COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=4]T[/SIZE]he [SIZE=4]W[/SIZE]aywatchers of [SIZE=4]C[/SIZE]ardolan[/COLOR][/URL] [SIZE=2]:[/SIZE] [URL="http://palantiri.guildportal.com"][COLOR=LightBlue][SIZE=4]T[/SIZE]he [SIZE=4]P[/SIZE]alantiri[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE] :::[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Garamond][COLOR=DimGray][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/balgr/"][COLOR=LemonChiffon]Balgr Snowmantle[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=Silver]: Curmudgeon[/COLOR] :[SIZE=4][COLOR=#303030].[/COLOR][/SIZE][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/saladoc/"][COLOR=LemonChiffon]Saladoc Willowleaf[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=Silver]: Stick-in-the-mud[/COLOR]
    [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/ciruth/"][COLOR=LemonChiffon]Ciruth of Gondor[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=Silver]: Itinerant Scholar[/COLOR] : [COLOR=LemonChiffon][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/halvr/"][COLOR=LemonChiffon]Halvr[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/khasi/"][COLOR=LemonChiffon]Khasi Flamebrow[/COLOR][/URL], and [COLOR=LemonChiffon]Kholi[/COLOR][COLOR=Silver]: At your service![/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray][URL="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a346/MrPinstripes/FFXI%20Stuff/AustrevenMH21409.jpg"][COLOR=dimgray]Austreven[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray][SIZE=3][COLOR=#303030].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]of Cobalt (Bismarck)[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    4,740

    Re: :O I think I found my perfect melee LI...

    Quote Originally Posted by CWood View Post
    You know, I got to play around with one of those at a gun show, and I pretty much couldn't shoot one without breaking my thumb off. My hands are too small to hold it correctly. If I were going to get a big gun, it'd have to be something like this.



    Please note:



    RC is neither drinkable nor does it qualify as soda. Double that sentiment if it's warm.
    Touche on the RC Cola part. All I read was soda so. You know. My brain shuts off from that point on

    As for the snubnosed 454 handgun. It might be smaller than the Desert Eagle but it still packs one hell of a punch.

    Buddy of mine was looking at the pic of the gun as I loaded it and laughed. I reminded him of the old saying. Big Bullets move things. Little Bullets kill things.

    Yeah the D. Eagle is something to get used to. If not held right your going to hurt yourself much like that of a Shotgun if not held right.
    Pariah Amistacia - Nimrodel - Leader of the Devils of Angmar

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload