We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Please read and comment.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=333452

The original thread is above. I think I'm the first to bother with this set. And I think it's important that we try to present a unified front to the devs in expressing our expectations for what is quite undeinably the most difficult and time consuming to get gear in the game.
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Re: Please read and comment.

its wierd how all the freeps rushed to get the SoA moors gear, but for some reason no freeps waste their time getting the gear now. Turbine...anyone...what changed?

^ This is sarcasm BTW!
    Last edited by lotrsam; May 24 2010 at 12:56 AM.

freeps got smarter and raised their standards? <rhetorical>
    [SIZE="2"][COLOR="Yellow"]I guarantee your level 65 r0 greenie BA will contribute more to your Creep raid than my level 2 Minstrel will contribute to my Freep raid. After all, both took about 5 seconds to create.[/COLOR][/size]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000085aec/signature.png]Chea[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by lotrsam View Post
    its wierd how all the freeps rushed to get the SoA moors gear, but for some reason no freeps waste their time getting the gear now. Turbine...anyone...what changed?
    I think I've made it clear in my post.

This gear is 100X's more effort to achieve as the old gear and it's FAR worse than what most players are using just through small instance barterable gear.

Much higher cost + much lower benefit = no one wants. Wasted itemization.
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

The gears ****, many-many people commented on this before SoM was released, but they wouldnt'/couldn't improve the gear for whatever reason.

What until next expansion, ive got a hunch things will change for the better very soon.

Wow, hopefully they buff the gear in the next patch.

All I've been able to get of the moors gear since SOM is one bracelet...
    Spam deleted by Administrators

Devs, just make the gear better than the best pve sets in the game, but only usable in the Moors. Simple solution.
    [LEFT]-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    [B]Paperclip[/B] (R10 RVR) | [B]Scenic[/B] (R9 HNT) | [B]Fauve[/B] (R8 BRG)

[/LEFT]

Quote Originally Posted by Dasein View Post
    Devs, just make the gear better than the best pve sets in the game, but only usable in the Moors. Simple solution.
    Even simpler?

Just make it nearly as good as the best in the game and lower the PvE costs.

The no radiance will be enough to not devalue any of the PvE sets. But it'd give the PvMP'ers a chance to not have to feel compelled to grind PvE endlessly just to be competative in the moors.

Don't get me wrong I'd love a whole HUGE revamp to the freepside reward structure. But I think a basic fix is certainly well past due.
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Luc is probably the only person on all of the servers who didn't just take one look at the "new" armor sets and promptly forget about them entirely.

The man is insane, but as players we should be thankful that the voices in his head instructed him to actually carry out the monumental effort to acquire the pieces, for he is now the one individual in Middle-earth with the credibility to argue for something more realistic for the rest of us.
    Not all those who wander are lost. They might be working on one of their exploration deeds.
    The new forums stink on ice. Let others follow them who can.

I wouldnt bother continuing your rant about moors gear, since multiple threads were made before SoM was launched. Paper and myself argued many valid points in getting something changed/reduced, and others made good points resulting in the requirement reduction. But even with all that great feedback nothing was done, my bet is they didnt have sufficient resources at the time to implement such things, but they are aware of it.

Just wait until the next expansion and be involved in Beta, and im sure we'll see some great improvements to PvMP in the future due to Turbines newly acquired business situation.

The heavy robe looks amazing as a cosmetic though.

This is clearly worth the insane amount of grind required to get the set. So that you can have a cosmetic robe while you are PvEing!
    [URL="http://catalyst.guildlaunch.com"][/URL][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][SIZE=1]Votan | Xeyila | Grisburnakh
    Retired - Thanks for the fun and the fights[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by apocatequil View Post
    the Heavy Robe Looks Amazing As A Cosmetic Though.

This Is Clearly Worth The Insane Amount Of Grind Required To Get The Set. So That You Can Have A Cosmetic Robe While You Are Pveing!
    Qft

I don't think you should have included the cloak in the comparisson however. The cloaks have always been effectively cosmetic pieces and I'd feel quite comfortable with them being actually changed into cosmetic-type items.
    Last edited by Grusk; May 24 2010 at 10:34 PM.
    [center][IMG]http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx73/Aerdred/AerdredSig4_zps1cd36e1b.png[/IMG][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Grusk View Post
    Qft

I don't think you should have included the cloak in the comparisson however. The cloaks have always been effectively cosmetic pieces and I'd feel quite comfortable with them being actually changed into cosmetic-type items.
    I could be compelled to agree with you IF the devs enabled cosmetic cloaks in the ettenmoors.

Currently the ONE reward per rank we can aquire is unwearable in the moors without taking a significant hit to our stats.

The SOLE gear marker of our rank NEEDS to be wearable in the zone in which we rank. One way or the other.

So either make the stats valid or make cosmetic cloaks wearable.

But to just keep it junky and meaningless...not acceptable IMHO.

------

To the comments re: the devs dont have the bandwidth. For the sake of this conversation I am throwing out ALL considerations and suggestions for a revamp to the freepside rewards as a whole.

I'm ONLY suggesting they lower the costs, and bump the raw stats.

AFAIK that's just database changes and would require no code, and minimal QA to implement.

If that's not the case I'd LOVE for a dev to comment on
    a> was this intentional?,
    b> why?,
    c> why not change it now that it's clearly underpowered and overcosted?

But in lieu of official comments, which I imagine any dev/community rep is loathe to do on such a topic as this, I think it should be reasonable to ask and expect that this gear is treated and fixed as any other itemization bug in the next book.
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

I've got 4/6 and am pretty close to getting the 5th piece of the champion set, it's so terrible. The boots root duration doesn't even work, the set needs more morale.

40s hamstring is pretty lol though.
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.

Turbine looked at our plea for incentive and made these ****** Armour sets and said "There! Now Shutup!"