We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

High Tier Rune Options

So what are you guys using (primarily in raiding applications)?

T9 - Subtle Rune of the Marshes
    +200 morale
    +150 power
    +250 ranged crit defense

T8 - Ancient Rune of the Storm
    +150 morale
    +150 power
    +600 ranged defense

T7 - Deep Rune of the Forest
    +150 morale
    +100 power
    -2.5% attack duration

I guess there are two basic questions.

1. Is 600 Ranged Defense worth +50 morale and +250 Ranged Crit Defense?

I suspect not, but I havent ranged tanked enough to know if that crit defense is substantially more valuable than the raw ranged defense.

2. Is -2.5% Attack Duration and the associated DPS worth +50 power and 600 Ranged Defense?

This seems close to me. The power is a rounding error. Ranged defense can be had by Virtues, but there seems to be very limited ways to get -Attack Duration. I know that most of a Hunter's overall attack speed is consumed by Inductions and not Animations, and that Attack Duration only effects the Animations, but do you think the Duration buff gives enough DPS (auto-attacks firing more frequently, etc) to justify the defense hit?

What it be?

Re: High Tier Rune Options

For PvE - I still use T6. The combination of -attack speed, *AND* ranged defense is nice. The higher tiers give you better values in one or the other, but not in combination.

(for my swapsies +camo dagger, I use a t8, but that's b/c it's a swapsies, so as soon as the slog starts, it's off.)
    Last edited by kerryak; May 23 2010 at 09:32 PM.
    [COLOR=CYAN][SIZE=3]Hat Beerbane, Former .xls Wizard and Hunter Blogger[/SIZE]
    [/color]

I use Profound Rune of Action, because I am in melee more than I like while solo and a little melee defense is nice. Also, since Hunters get an Ranged Evade passives, you're evading more ranged attacks than melee attacks, so it seemed I should beef up my weakness area, not my strength.
    Narlinde, level 100 Minstrel, Rank 11, Member of Trucido ~ Windfola

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudie-wan View Post
    I use Profound Rune of Action, because I am in melee more than I like while solo and a little melee defense is nice. Also, since Hunters get an Ranged Evade passives, you're evading more ranged attacks than melee attacks, so it seemed I should beef up my weakness area, not my strength.
    in MoM I had a melee set w/ Actions and a melee set w/ Swift Steps. I don't bother anymore, but you're definitely right that they're awesome for slogging. I clarified my initial response a bit.
    Last edited by kerryak; May 23 2010 at 09:32 PM.
    [COLOR=CYAN][SIZE=3]Hat Beerbane, Former .xls Wizard and Hunter Blogger[/SIZE]
    [/color]