We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Epic

Epic

After three days of being handed humiliating loss after humiliating loss I finally had a bit of luck and was involved in a totally epic 3v7. This battle probably represents the most thrilling claw-biter I've had to date and I hope I get more of this action again real soon. Part of what makes this battle special for me is that I expected to lose - the win came as a total surprise.

The teams were myself, Zaxluk, and a Greenie Defiler (name escapes me) against Vorrtex, Kristaa, a Burglar (name escapes me) and at least four bears. I include the bears in the count because they were a key part of the battle.

I ended up fighting Kristaa as she ran through bear, after bear, after bear and the both of us spent the last half of the battle with less than 700 morale. She was running around a rock, alternately chasing and being chased as our morale would bounce from less than a thread back up to 500 and then back down again. I don't know how many times I thought I'd land a killing blow - or she thought she'd land a killing blow - only to have a 300-500 morale heal come in a second before the attack landed.

I'd get hit with a light attack and be down to a thread of morale when a bear would go down and I'd pop warg heal. In fact, I don't know if we would have won without the bears - I healed at least 3 times thanks to the death of a bear at key moments. I'd get back up to 500-600 morale and get blasted with another spell only to have to run around a rock hoping a food heal would kick in - my morale was down to an undectable green line so many times that I'd brace for death only to get a 500-600 boost a second before another bear hit me.

When the battle was over we had 3 dead Freeps and a field of dead bears. My nerves were totally shot - thanks Vorrtex, Kristaa, and burg for an excellent battle. It totally rocked.

Re: Epic

lol thats awesome. Pretty cool that you guys were able to pull that off.

SS or it didnt happen

Quote Originally Posted by Regero View Post
    lol thats awesome. Pretty cool that you guys were able to pull that off.
    BTW, you are a beast.

Anytime I run into you on the battlefield I fold my ears back, grit my fangs, and pray that giving you a wedgie causes 3 other wargs to step out of stealth and help out because if they don't it's a trip back to the resurrection point for 'ole Wargfoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerboa View Post
    BTW, you are a beast.

Anytime I run into you on the battlefield I fold my ears back, grit my fangs, and pray that giving you a wedgie causes 3 other wargs to step out of stealth and help out because if they don't it's a trip back to the resurrection point for 'ole Wargfoot.
    Lol thanks! fighting in the moors at 65 is really different than fighting at 55 lol.

I know I usually win our fights, but there have been several times when you have really made me feel the heat. Good luck out there! Death to the weavers!