We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: The Miserable

The Miserable

Over the past couple of days my life has been miserable. Instead of the Ettenmoores being a wonderful buffet of clueless soon to be enslaved meat-sticks mindlessly stumbling around waiting to be devoured it has become a place that is decidedly dangerous for me.

In the past, the need to "map out" of a tight spot was something that would happen once every several weeks. Lately, the "map out" strategy has become a regular in my rotation through in an increasingly fragmented and distorted survival toolkit. At some point, someone decided to start using hunters as they were intended - which makes them the new danger.

FUN MOMENT: I was being chased by a 6 man group that had been wearing me down all evening. I was out of cool downs and out of time so I decided to try and map out even though the enemy was tracking me and much too close for me to get away with it. Thankfully, instead of shooting me the hunter pulled out Heart Seeker - the induction time of 5 seconds gave me the additional 3 seconds I needed to complete mapping. It's a mistake I'm guessing that hunter won't make again.

It seems like every time I wedgie some lone soon to be enslaved person a dozen or more hobbit burglars materialize. They are backed by a couple of Rune-Keepers, a couple of Minstrels, and the Pope. The "understanding" I had with some Freeps has been discarded and the Ettenmooeres has become populated with a new, impatient, blood-thirsty Freep that doesn't have time to be nice. I think the recent Freep advances have caused them to show their true colors - they must all die for this insolence.

Recent violence on the Ettenmoores has caused me to significantly revise my 'todo' list. I won't mention names *cough* Raithorn *cough* but I've a couple of people that I owe really big *cough* Bace *cough* and should I catch them alone I'll make a harp outta their *cough* StormSniper *cough* innards. The people on my secret 'todo' list should NOT wander out onto the Ettenmoores alone and they should continue to employ the pocket burglars their very lives have come to depend upon.
    Last edited by Jerboa; May 19 2010 at 08:23 AM.

Re: The Miserable

Twenty-Seven people have read this and nobody has responded.

I pour out my broken little wargy heart and cry tender little wargy tears and there isn't one word of sympathy, not one word of encouragement. At the very least a couple of you could get together and buy me a basket of BBQ elf ears for lunch.

Is a little kindness too much to ask?

I blame tater bandits... (Counting down to the tater flame posts)

If they were raiding like they should be during prime time hours on a week night, you wouldn't have any issues.
    [CENTER][COLOR=olive][COLOR=black][SIZE=1][COLOR=white]Linkith[/COLOR] [COLOR=lime]R6 Captain [/COLOR][COLOR=lime][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=white]Shiekk[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=lime]R4 Burglar[COLOR=white] Quinton [/COLOR][COLOR=lime]R8 Minstrel [/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][COLOR=white][COLOR=red]Ileechu[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=lime]R9 Weaver[COLOR=red] Ihe[/COLOR][COLOR=red]elu[/COLOR] R4 Defiler[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Never complain about to much action. Besides you picked the rock next to there rez not us.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000cece4/signature.png]Stayput[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNNYJDUB2 View Post
    Never complain about to much action. Besides you picked the rock next to there rez not us.
    I second this notion...
    [CENTER][COLOR=olive][COLOR=black][SIZE=1][COLOR=white]Linkith[/COLOR] [COLOR=lime]R6 Captain [/COLOR][COLOR=lime][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=white]Shiekk[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=lime]R4 Burglar[COLOR=white] Quinton [/COLOR][COLOR=lime]R8 Minstrel [/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][COLOR=white][COLOR=red]Ileechu[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=lime]R9 Weaver[COLOR=red] Ihe[/COLOR][COLOR=red]elu[/COLOR] R4 Defiler[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Get some other creeps and challenge them. I had some fun HH fights with mythic leading the freeps it started me soloing the mayor and mythic and filla killed me then I got a ba they won with the npcs I got another ba. they got a mini I got a bluey ba and a warg. it was a lot of fun. my only gripe is they were increasing their freeps faster then I was increasing creeps lol but we won the last fight

I had two options call them out in ooc and zerg them or get a group without telling them what its for and fighting them repeatedly.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000010afaf/01008/signature.png]Goneric[/charsig]

I'm not actually complaining.
    It's nice to see the Freeps putting up a fight for once.
    I've actually had to adjust the way I play because of the smack downs.

Usually, my CDs are up when a fight occurs but lately I've had trouble because I'm constantly burning them just to escape.

Good times.

i must concur, the freeps have been bringing some seriously upgraded game to the table.

aggressiveness: check.
    strategy: check.
    teamwork: check.
    heart: check.
    motivation: check.

last night was prime. we tried our darndest to push it right down the throats of the freeps that were on, but they were having none of it, keeps were taken, retaken, overthrows were stopped in the flag room, and neither side backed down from the fights.

good times all, and good fights.

/salute
    GK - "But whether he slept or not I dare not Say; he could have remembered many
    Things. Yet let him lie as he will, His adventure ringing In his ears."

Quote Originally Posted by Jerboa View Post

Recent violence on the Ettenmoores has caused me to significantly revise my 'todo' list. I won't mention names *cough* Raithorn *cough*
    He is a myth.
    Raithon-Captain-R13-Revelations-Firefoot
    Raithorn-Hunter-R9-Revelations-Firefoot
    Raithene-Burg-R7-Revelations- Firefoot
    Shadowraith-Warg-R9-Panty Raid-Firefoot

Quote Originally Posted by memphis-8899 View Post
    He is a myth.
    Orly? Well he's one hard hitting myth.

If i recall correctly you pounced me yesterday and gave me some major payback. Looking good brah
    Bace- R14 Suicidal Minstrel and Kamikaze Karaoke King, Firefoot

Quote Originally Posted by Baritone View Post
    If i recall correctly you pounced me yesterday and gave me some major payback. Looking good brah
    If you think one wedgie is payback for your series of sneaky, loathsome, and underhanded attacks where you killed me like 3 times in a row then you're sadly mistaken. In fact, someone at work recently asked me if I have a hobby. My reply: Bace.

In all seriousness, thanks for the compliment.
    Minstrels scare me pretty bad so back at you.

Both sides have been pretty beastly lately. Normally ganking kinda bothers me (just a little lol) but in exchange for the hot, firey action we've had going on lately i dont really care.

Regardless of exactly what is going on out in the moors its nice that freeps arent just "hard hitting NPC's" anymore. Its also nice that creeps are also finally starting to abandon the old hotspots and move around a bit. Used to be that there were only ever small skirmishes around EC, now I have gotten into some good 1v1's and 3v1's (F-ing wags popping out of nowhere) all around that map, from gramsfoot to HH.

PS: i want your rock wargfoot. From now on im gonna start hanging around up there and Im gonna make that rock a freep controlled location. Its just way too useful for farming the Rez point to leave it in creep (wargs mostly) control.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000019bd6e/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [size=-2]Ghost Bear see problem. Nice peoples looking at Horse mouth. Ghost bear look at Horse belly. Horse make good snack![/size]

raithoRn does not exist
    [color=orange]Spielberg Warfilm (Rank 4 Warleader)[/color][color=black]-[/color][color=lightblue]Eldecar Vinnitharya (lvl 63 Captain)[/color]
    [color=yellow]Founder of Krahjarn Warriors[/color][color=black]-[/color][color=lightgreen]Founder of Dunedain of the North[/color]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000d7631/01008/signature.png]Turgond[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Regero View Post
    PS: i want your rock wargfoot. From now on im gonna start hanging around up there and Im gonna make that rock a freep controlled location. Its just way too useful for farming the Rez point to leave it in creep (wargs mostly) control.
    Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by ozz1376 View Post
    last night was prime. we tried our darndest to push it right down the throats of the freeps that were on, but they were having none of it, keeps were taken, retaken, overthrows were stopped in the flag room, and neither side backed down from the fights.

good times all, and good fights.

/salute
    Whatever... i hid in dof.

Im not coming out till these freeps leave.
    Ouijja
    Worst Warg Ever-The Warg Formally Known As Coringoldtagger
    Taredrahil 100 champ- Elhereth 95 hunter- Erme 85 Burglar- Felwynd 100 Warden
    Lailath 98 minstrel-Quija 100 Lore-Master- Yrandir 31 Runekeeper- Derilect 100 Captain