We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Firefoot Role Players Unite!

The dasterdly zombies and player haters at Turbine have gone ahead and heaped credit on Landroval for being some kind of role-player's paradise. Actually, they aren't giving the server credit as much as the boys over at massively.com.

See: http://www.massively.com/2010/05/14/...les-and-tales/

I hate to see that kind of renown go unchallenged because:
    1) I hate the idea of someone else having fun.
    2) I think Firefoot is the bestest server in the whole LOTRO constellation.
    3) I like to think of people on Landroval as being weak-minded.

Since we excel at fighting I'd like to propose that the Firefoot community fight for the title "Unofficial NA RP Server". It's like any other title you can get such as "Norbog Slayer", "The Undying" or "Noob" except that this one will require a community effort.

With that in mind I'd like to propose Firefoot's First Role Playing Event:

******* SPECIAL FIREFOOT ROLE PLAYING EVENT *********
    22 May 2010: Drunk and Lost In the Woods Event
    Have you ever wanted to role-play a terribly irresponsible elf, hobbit, human, or dwarf who blows all of his pay on Hoarhollow Ale and then stumbles drunk and naked onto the Ettenmoores?

If so, this coming weekend is your chance.

Bank your legendary weapon and put that armor away. Down a pint of ale and stumble your way out onto the Ettenmoores!
    Imagine the challenge of trying to out run a warg pack!
    Imagine the bone chilling fear of reaching for a sword that you left a home!
    Imagine what your screams sound like to others who are lost in the darkness but have yet to meet their fate!

This is an opportunity to take role-playing to the next level:

"Forsooth, I've misplaced yon sword methinks!"

"We art naked and with much wine - let's destroy foul warg
    beasts with our bare fists, thou brave friends"

"Hullo my good friend, it that thou in the great darkness?"

"Yon wench has eight legs - and she dances wonderfully"

I've already lined up several Creep volunteers for this event. Freeps who are interested in furthering the server should respond to this post. I'll need your name, weight, BMI, and address so I can send you BBQ sauce to wear to the event.
    Last edited by Jerboa; May 17 2010 at 04:08 PM.

Re: Firefoot Role Players Unite!

You need to experience it on Landy to truly understand why they're called the unofficial RP server. It's borderline hysterical/Scary.

Good luck with the event ...
    [center][color=white] Caek [/center][/color][center][color=pink]I throw my hands up in the air sometimes[/center][/color][center][color=grey] I'm like cupid but with some death thrown in there[/center][/color]

i actually want to go over there and see it for myself
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000009cef/signature.png]Unknown[/charsig]

If only my hunter was 40, this would be the perfect opportunity for them. Instead, I suppose I shall have to join in on the terrible warg pack, if that is all right.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100001b1130/signature.png]Akgron[/charsig]
    [i][color=#FFB90B]"Morals require thought!"[/i][/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Notaforumguy007 View Post
    i actually want to go over there and see it for myself
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=331252

They take this so seriously. Read the comments ... you'd think think it was a real battle of the bands!!

Part of the reason I started playing on Landy was to be able to drop into the pony (or anywhere really, I found ppl RP'ing on Evendim) and get a good giggle.
    [center][color=white] Caek [/center][/color][center][color=pink]I throw my hands up in the air sometimes[/center][/color][center][color=grey] I'm like cupid but with some death thrown in there[/center][/color]

Yes, Mania speaks truth. This is not your run-of-the-mill RP that happens once or twice a week... I've been scared of some of these people...
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][FONT=Palatino Linotype][COLOR=Darkgreen]Karathyn Thrace[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Darkred]Psycho Mania[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0000cd]Omnia illa et ante fiebant, omnia illa et ante fient
    Ita dicimus omnes[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

*laughs* It's so easy to point and giggle at what you don't understand.

But come on, if you're going to get a gathering going you can't limit it by skill level, that's an 'arrow in the back' of your event even before it's started. You never know though, your drunken **** might turn out to be a success. This dwarf won't be holding his breath though. You should realise that rallying folk based on negativity hardly ever works (Re: Two of your three reasons outlined in the OP's post for holding your event).

Keep trying Firefoot, you'll get there. But thank you for praising Landroval, and Ales and Tales so highly! After all imitation is the highest form of flattery.
    [center][I]"No, you are right. There is strength in these hobbits yet,
    and if they need to repel dangers from outside, they will do so."[/I]
    -Ranger Halros[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthelia View Post
    *laughs* It's so easy to point and giggle at what you don't understand.

But come on, if you're going to get a gathering going you can't limit it by skill level, that's an 'arrow in the back' of your event even before it's started. You never know though, your drunken **** might turn out to be a success. This dwarf won't be holding his breath though. You should realise that rallying folk based on negativity hardly ever works (Re: Two of your three reasons outlined in the OP's post for holding your event).

Keep trying Firefoot, you'll get there. But thank you for praising Landroval, and Ales and Tales so highly! After all imitation is the highest form of flattery.
    Do you really think this thread was serious or are you role-playing a dope?

yeah I think landy can keep the RP title personaly I never really got into the RP thing so they can keep it over there lol

PS. hi Soora
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000110252/01003/signature.png]Alrabor[/charsig]
    Sorry creepies my burg is back!, Alrador rank 5 Capt, Alradorn rank 4 RK,
    Aluk rank 6 Reaver, Alnor rank 5 Weaver,

Quote Originally Posted by Jerboa View Post
    Do you really think this thread was serious or are you role-playing a dope?
    The OP was obviously for fun, but some of the responses are a little abrasive.

I propose a pie cook-off to settle the score.
    [CENTER][COLOR="YellowGreen"]Alditha, residing at 6 Harrow Road, Undervale.
    Temporary overseer of the Library of the Randirim, 2 Chalk Road, Ewefields.[/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR="Yellow"][I]Behold the Chinchillas! They ride to War![/I][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

wait.... i cant tell if this is real or not...

Forsooth! My brethren of Firefoot! Landroval hath spoken. The picture of the monument of the great server wars has been posted. This means...

I will be sending the OP an in game mail with my info. I expect BBQ sauce at the week ending. I'm going to grill out this weekend. It would be useful.

Roleplayers scare me.......

Quote Originally Posted by Alditha View Post

I love hobbit nibblet pie.
    Get me one of those and I'll declare you the winner.

I'll need your name, weight, BMI, and address so I can send you BBQ sauce to wear to the event.
    Name: Dreagon
    BMI: 87.4
    Weight: About 700 lbs in heavy rad gear
    Address: Behind you

Honey Mus****, please.
    [B][SIZE=1][COLOR=#999999][SIZE=1]Revelations Kin of Firefoot[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#3366ff]
    R9 Captain | R9 Champ | R9 LM[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#800000]R9 Reaver | R8 Warg[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Alditha View Post

After how the last cook-off ended (with half the Bounders asleep and/or with tummy aches thanks to some bad berries) we might need to call in the troops to help with this one.

Shall we rally the Chinchillas?
    Kymli Dwarf Mini ~ MamaCass Defiler

Quote Originally Posted by Danaca View Post
    After how the last cook-off ended (with half the Bounders asleep and/or with tummy aches thanks to some bad berries) we might need to call in the troops to help with this one.
    Berry stuffed Bounders asleep all over the place?
    Sounds like heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Danaca View Post
    Shall we rally the Chinchillas?
    The weak-minded RP crowd has to call in the OP Chinchillas to save their butts.
    How typical.

/RP ON

*chitter* *chitter* *chitter* *chitter* (drool) /naughtydance1 *chitter* *chitter*

/RP OFF

Wow... this stuff really sucks.

"You will hate me in the end... I promise"

Quote Originally Posted by sinn_fatale View Post
    I think you're doing it wrong.
    Maybe you should start a warg worshipping spider cult on Firefoot.
    I can help you practice.

Quote Originally Posted by sinn_fatale View Post
    /RP ON

*chitter* *chitter* *chitter* *chitter* (drool) /naughtydance1 *chitter* *chitter*

/RP OFF

I think you just won the award for best RP ever ... in a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Alrador View Post
    PS. hi Soora

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by soora View Post
    I think you just won the award for best RP ever ... in a forum.
    Hotsauce!

I never win anything.

"You will hate me in the end... I promise"

The weak-minded RP crowd has to call in the OP Chinchillas to save their butts.
    How typical.
    uhoh.. you called the wrong person weak minded. She is not one to be trifled with.
    [CENTER][SIZE=2][COLOR=Magenta][I][B]Rhyssa Niena[/B], [/I][I][B]Rhyowen,[/B] [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=Magenta][I] [B]Ryona[/B] [B]Briarthorne,[/B][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=Magenta][I][B] Rosaleen Dhu[/B][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=Magenta] [B][URL="http://pillagers.ayakis.com/site"]Pillagers of Pipeweed[/URL][/B]
    [/COLOR] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Magenta][I][B] Kaska[/B], [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=Magenta][I][B]Theodora[/B][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Cyan][SIZE=2][URL="http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=9281448977"][B] The Order of the Leaf and Bean[/B][/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000000f253/01000/signature.png]Rhyssa[/charsig]
    [/COLOR] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Magenta][I][B][FONT=Trebuchet MS][URL="http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=276563&TabID=2321176"]The Leaf & Bean Tavern [/URL]5 Long Rd Eaton, Bree Homesteads [/FONT][/B][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [B]"Among the numerous luxuries of the table…coffee may be considered as one of the most valuable. It excites cheerfulness without intoxication; and the pleasing flow of spirits which it occasions…is never followed by sadness, languor or debility.” – Benjamin Franklin[/B]

[/CENTER]

Regarding RPing....
    If there's a wizard's hat involved.....I'm totally there.

xoxoxoxo
    G
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff00ff][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420d0100001401a7/signature.png]Trixsy[/charsig]
    [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff00ff]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=Pink]∞[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1] [COLOR=Plum]Taintedluv[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=Cyan][SIZE=1] [COLOR=Pink]∞[/COLOR] Zeroskillz [/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=Lime] [COLOR=Pink]∞[/COLOR] Bonquisha[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=1][COLOR=Pink] ∞[/COLOR] Scoobysnack [COLOR=Pink]∞[/COLOR]
    [/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red][COLOR=Pink]∞[/COLOR] Hunnie [COLOR=Pink]∞[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=Pink] Commander Guage[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1] [COLOR=Pink]∞[/COLOR] [/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=Yellow]Flirty[/COLOR] [COLOR=Pink]∞[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/B][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff00ff][COLOR=DarkOrchid][COLOR=Cyan][COLOR=DarkOrange]
    [/COLOR][/COLOR] [/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]

Our Trolls are better than your trolls you ain't got nothing on Vanrana.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast