We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    2 Long Street, Pickgrove, Bree-Land Homesteads

'Installation' housing idea!

I was just getting on my mount the other day and had an epiphany! I'm not a huge forumite so not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but why not do the same thing to decorations that they did to mounts. Make them a usable item that 'install' to your house. They could keep the hook system if they needed to, and just make each hook a pull down menu that lists each decoration currently installed of that hook type. That would eliminate TONS of bag space and you could still trade them before they are 'installed'. It would also make decorating way less irritating and quick.
    [COLOR="#ADD8E6"]Barmin - lv 85 Guard[/COLOR], [COLOR="#F0FFF0"]Brahm - lv 85 Guard[/COLOR], [COLOR="#DAA520"]Bremlin - lv 85 Burglar[/COLOR], [COLOR="#EE82EE"]Glenduil - lv 85 RK[/COLOR], [COLOR="#FFFF00"]Glenduin - lv 85 Hunter[/COLOR], [COLOR="#FF0000"]Paxlen - lv 85 Warden[/COLOR], [COLOR="#00FF00"]Paxdan - lv 85 Champ[/COLOR], [COLOR="#008080"]Salazaar - lv 85 LM[/COLOR], [COLOR="#FFA07A"]Tumeni - lv 85 Mini[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#8B4513"]Shanesse - lv 65 Cappy[/COLOR]

Re: 'Installation' housing idea!

Great idea, I have heard some others with the same idea. I don't know why this hasn't been done yet. Would solve many housing/storage issues. Please Turbine, show the housing system some love on the next update.
    [LEFT][CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000001c8c16/01003/signature.png]Suridine[/charsig][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR="Cyan"][SIZE="2"]1 Waterbank Rd. Talaf Aewin, Falathlorn Homesteads[/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/LEFT]

I concur. Some love here would be most welcome.

Things I'd like to see:
    -Add in workbenches/forges/ovens
    -Add wardrobes (only holds cosmetic items)
    -Add a "trophy room"
    -Add in "servants/retainers" these could be vendors/repair folks.
    -Add in Vaults (basically more housing storage)
    -Allow floorplan flexibility. Allow the addition of cellars/towers/extra rooms.

Make each and every one of the above add in an upkeep cost if necessary. I think most players would be willing to pay more gold to have more flexibility in housing.

I'd also like to see some more housing locales available. There are many unused doors in Bree for example which could open to a private dwelling.
    Good locales would be Bree, Rivendell, Moria, Lothlorien.

Housing has the unique ability to be a constant drain on the game economy which can help fight inflation with it. In addition it can and will add flavor and immersiveness, and will thus increase the likelyhood of players staying with Lotro.

/swordsalute
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000116834/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000160bc4/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I hate the new Edit Signature functionality

2 Long Street, Pickgrove, Bree-Land Homesteads

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbrow View Post
    I concur. Some love here would be most welcome.

Things I'd like to see:
    -Add in workbenches/forges/ovens
    -Add wardrobes (only holds cosmetic items)
    -Add a "trophy room"
    -Add in "servants/retainers" these could be vendors/repair folks.
    -Add in Vaults (basically more housing storage)
    -Allow floorplan flexibility. Allow the addition of cellars/towers/extra rooms.

Make each and every one of the above add in an upkeep cost if necessary. I think most players would be willing to pay more gold to have more flexibility in housing.

I'd also like to see some more housing locales available. There are many unused doors in Bree for example which could open to a private dwelling.
    Good locales would be Bree, Rivendell, Moria, Lothlorien.

Housing has the unique ability to be a constant drain on the game economy which can help fight inflation with it. In addition it can and will add flavor and immersiveness, and will thus increase the likelyhood of players staying with Lotro.
    Could not agree more...great ideas!
    [COLOR="#ADD8E6"]Barmin - lv 85 Guard[/COLOR], [COLOR="#F0FFF0"]Brahm - lv 85 Guard[/COLOR], [COLOR="#DAA520"]Bremlin - lv 85 Burglar[/COLOR], [COLOR="#EE82EE"]Glenduil - lv 85 RK[/COLOR], [COLOR="#FFFF00"]Glenduin - lv 85 Hunter[/COLOR], [COLOR="#FF0000"]Paxlen - lv 85 Warden[/COLOR], [COLOR="#00FF00"]Paxdan - lv 85 Champ[/COLOR], [COLOR="#008080"]Salazaar - lv 85 LM[/COLOR], [COLOR="#FFA07A"]Tumeni - lv 85 Mini[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#8B4513"]Shanesse - lv 65 Cappy[/COLOR]