We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Make house port a fellowship port?

would make it easier to get people together in a specific neighborhood, at a specific address. instead of having to have everyone in the kin get an address in the same neighborhood, for example. or instead of everyone having to physically take all the stables to get to the housing neighborhood.

i was showing a friend my house tonight, as matter of fact, and it would have been much more convenient for both us if the self port could have taken both of us there. she wanted to see the elf housing, and i happened to own an elf deluxe house, so it just made sense.

then we had to port to bree, take the stable horse to celondim, and then ride over to falathlorn homesteads. Not too much of a hassle for hunters, i suppose. but what about non-hunters? i can't imagine havin to ride across all those stables everytime i wanted to see someone else's house, say in MD or breeland.

hopefully all it takes is a copy-paste of code from the hunter ports to the housing port, (or better yet, and yes i'm prolly dreaming, simply changing an x=1 to an x=6 kind of thing) and considering that the housing port is not linked to the racial port/rep ports, (i think), it shouldn't affect those other solo-ports at all.

i think it would encourage more people to use housing instances as another social area. and with other tweaks to the housing system, could really revive housing in LOTRO.
    Forgotten_Legend, The Baconnaire
    Malinon - 75 Champion | JAZRAIEL - 100 HUNTER | Taeran - 75 RuneKeeper

2 Long Street, Pickgrove, Bree-Land Homesteads

Red face Re: Make house port a fellowship port?

That's a good idea. Another possibility is put a summoning horn in the housing area's so you can summon people to your neighborhood! I love the idea of the game arena's in Bree-land (freeze tag, whatever the soccer field looking thing is.) Putting crafting area, event buildings, & game arena's in Housing Areas would greatly improve housing overall. I've seen it said that if you put crafting hall in housing it would make areas like Thorin's become ghost towns, but Thorin's would still be a major quest/travel point. As it sits now Housing is a ghost town with no real reason to go there...can't quick travel from there, and even the discounted vendors are in competition with Rep Vendors. As it sits, Housing in LoTRO is Dead! Please, Please, Please Turbine...before you go adding so much content you can't remember where you put anything, fix the things you have out now that need fixing!!
    Last edited by ebmusicman38; May 17 2010 at 12:04 PM.
    [COLOR="#ADD8E6"]Barmin - lv 85 Guard[/COLOR], [COLOR="#F0FFF0"]Brahm - lv 85 Guard[/COLOR], [COLOR="#DAA520"]Bremlin - lv 85 Burglar[/COLOR], [COLOR="#EE82EE"]Glenduil - lv 85 RK[/COLOR], [COLOR="#FFFF00"]Glenduin - lv 85 Hunter[/COLOR], [COLOR="#FF0000"]Paxlen - lv 85 Warden[/COLOR], [COLOR="#00FF00"]Paxdan - lv 85 Champ[/COLOR], [COLOR="#008080"]Salazaar - lv 85 LM[/COLOR], [COLOR="#FFA07A"]Tumeni - lv 85 Mini[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#8B4513"]Shanesse - lv 65 Cappy[/COLOR]

Re: Make house port a fellowship port?

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten_Legend View Post

then we had to port to bree, take the stable horse to celondim, and then ride over to falathlorn homesteads. Not too much of a hassle for hunters, i suppose. but what about non-hunters? i can't imagine havin to ride across all those stables everytime i wanted to see someone else's house, say in MD or breeland.
    Over the river and through the woods....
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/user-1001408/2010/10/21/i-can-haz-well-formulated-sentence-and-so-can-u/][b][u][size=4]i can haz well formulated sentence and so can u![/size][/b][/u][/url]

Re: Make house port a fellowship port?

Quote Originally Posted by ebmusicman38 View Post
    That's a good idea. Another possibility is put a summoning horn in the housing area's so you can summon people to your neighborhood! I love the idea of the game arena's in Bree-land (freeze tag, whatever the soccer field looking thing is.) Putting crafting area, event buildings, & game arena's in Housing Areas would greatly improve housing overall. I've seen it said that if you put crafting hall in housing it would make areas like Thorin's become ghost towns, but Thorin's would still be a major quest/travel point. As it sits now Housing is a ghost town with no real reason to go there...can't quick travel from there, and even the discounted vendors are in competition with Rep Vendors. As it sits, Housing in LoTRO is Dead! Please, Please, Please Turbine...before you go adding so much content you can't remember where you put anything, fix the things you have out now that need fixing!!
    Summoning horns, too! of course! helps to get a whole raid to your house! would make player run events easier methinks, as they could choose to have them in housing instances much more often...

Quote Originally Posted by pocoemme View Post
    Over the river and through the woods....
    to Jazraiel's house we go...
    Forgotten_Legend, The Baconnaire
    Malinon - 75 Champion | JAZRAIEL - 100 HUNTER | Taeran - 75 RuneKeeper