We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Hunter...

Arrow Hunter...

So i have a Hunter at 24 playing him time to time my main is my capt at 33 but My hunter seems really boring when do they get fun and i never died once with any of my toons at weather top i died 4 time with my hunter sometimes by 2 enemies whats up with that?? So when do they get fun and some survbillity Reply to this post with some helpful stuff about hunters Ty.

Re: Hunter...

Quote Originally Posted by Young22 View Post
    So i have a Hunter at 24 playing him time to time my main is my capt at 33 but My hunter seems really boring when do they get fun and i never died once with any of my toons at weather top i died 4 time with my hunter sometimes by 2 enemies whats up with that?? So when do they get fun and some survbillity Reply to this post with some helpful stuff about hunters Ty.
    you give poor info here. tell me how you deal with solo, duo and trio mob fights (each planed ahead of agro) and remind me what skills you have at that lvl because at 65 hunters can take on 3 and know they can win.

Well i set my trap and i kill 1 before the y reach the other reaches my trap i back up and blast him take him out no prob i only died once with 2 people attacking me. The trio i do same thing except i use blindside penatrating shot but then there will be a higher mob that attacks me and the one i was fighting i forget about and start to kill the other higher one so know i am getting jump by two i now have used rain of arrows and tooken out the other one i was fighting but now i have lower life and the other guy kills me but i have horrid gear which can be the problem. My moves r blind side and 2 basic melee skills, then u got pentrating shot swift arrow quick shot barbed arrow rain of arrows and i think something else?

The idea of soloing is the optimal situation of engaging one mob at a time (beggining with full focus). There should be no need for CC unless there is more then 2 targets. Generally speaking depending on what type of mobs you are engaging if it is 1 mob: The target dies before or shortly after reaching you. 2 mobs: The first target dies before or shortly after reaching you and then you should easily have the survivability to finish him off. 3 Mobs: You are going to be very low health while engaging the second mob, without CC there is a high chance of death.

You will get good skills at 30-34 like merciful shot (a powerful attack used on a mob under 50% health) and needful haste (makes you attack faster). Generally speaking there isnt many more skills after that level to even 65. Enjoying hunter is using your 4-10 skills effectivley, and solo survivability is sound pre-judgment when dealing with more than 1 mob.

If you are currently dying from engaging 2 mobs. (At your level)
    1) Make sure you have an up to level bow
    2) Lay a trap and kill the one you put the slow on (that one won't get trapped)

Unfortunatley at that level there really are no other skills/recommendations to be made other than to say you are probably not using the optimal skill rotation of max solo DPS output.
    Last edited by YesMaam; May 16 2010 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Young22 View Post
    You knows what funny? I have played a warden and I found it was way too easy and thought it was boring. With a hunter, there's more skill involved than a run in and slay class. You have to plan ahead. I soloed weathertop and never died with my hunter. Actually found it quite easy.
    With a hunter you have to plan ahead, know what to pull, know how to pull, know what stance to be in, know when to focus, know when to set traps, and after all that, then you could do well.
    Whereas a class like a warden, I find that no matter what, if I'm the same level as the enemies, I'm going to win. Only because it's a goof proof class. You could have absolutely no idea what skills to use and still succeed.
    A hunter is a challenge and that's why I play one. Once I hit level 40, I really started to understand how to use my skills properly. It takes some time, but it's worth it.

And group up as much as you can! When you're in a group, you learn a lot of what works and what doesn't without dying all the time, because you have the safety net of a tank and/or healer.
    Last edited by pocoemme; May 16 2010 at 07:20 PM.
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/user-1001408/2010/10/21/i-can-haz-well-formulated-sentence-and-so-can-u/][b][u][size=4]i can haz well formulated sentence and so can u![/size][/b][/u][/url]

pew pew pew

hunter can handle single and double mobs pretty well, but multiple mobs can be rough.

the most important part, is that if you get too upset to try again, stop. take two of these, and then proceed.

[EDIT:] and no, i'm not pushing any agenda, real or imagined... ;-) just tryin to make the world a better place.
    Forgotten_Legend, The Baconnaire
    Malinon - 75 Champion | JAZRAIEL - 100 HUNTER | Taeran - 75 RuneKeeper

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten_Legend View Post
    the most important part, is that if you get too upset to try again, stop. take two of these, and then proceed.

[EDIT:] and no, i'm not pushing any agenda, real or imagined... ;-) just tryin to make the world a better place.
    Better yet, don't take two. I'll keep it all to myself!
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/user-1001408/2010/10/21/i-can-haz-well-formulated-sentence-and-so-can-u/][b][u][size=4]i can haz well formulated sentence and so can u![/size][/b][/u][/url]

Quote Originally Posted by pocoemme View Post
    Better yet, don't take two. I'll keep it all to myself!
    oh great... first you steal my cat... then you steal my hat... then you steal my bacon! what is this world coming to?! looks like i need better protection around here...
    Forgotten_Legend, The Baconnaire
    Malinon - 75 Champion | JAZRAIEL - 100 HUNTER | Taeran - 75 RuneKeeper

Well ill see how it goes if any other advice post it. Ill be grateful ty.

Post Re: Hunter...

Here i am gonna out Three Characters out here Guard,and Hunter and other. Which best fits, I want Good-epic damage, Medium to Heavy Armour. They also gotta be fun Good and needed in moors and end game. Sick looking gear. And Needed in group threw the game. Post on what u think and read the next part

Besides from that part. I want the best damage for my hunter. How Would i build him to be max damage, What trait lines would it be a mixture of the trait lines?? Also what legendary traits would be good to use Please help with this. Ty

Quote Originally Posted by pocoemme View Post
    You knows what funny? I have played a warden and I found it was way too easy and thought it was boring. With a hunter, there's more skill involved than a run in and slay class. You have to plan ahead. I soloed weathertop and never died with my hunter. Actually found it quite easy.
    With a hunter you have to plan ahead, know what to pull, know how to pull, know what stance to be in, know when to focus, know when to set traps, and after all that, then you could do well.
    Whereas a class like a warden, I find that no matter what, if I'm the same level as the enemies, I'm going to win. Only because it's a goof proof class. You could have absolutely no idea what skills to use and still succeed.
    A hunter is a challenge and that's why I play one. Once I hit level 40, I really started to understand how to use my skills properly. It takes some time, but it's worth it.

And group up as much as you can! When you're in a group, you learn a lot of what works and what doesn't without dying all the time, because you have the safety net of a tank and/or healer.
    on the warden comment, try fighting red mobs, makes thing a little more interesting but still fairly easy.

to OP as others have said, lay trap before, and hit the first mob with a slow. kill the mob that you slowed first as it will not be caught in the trap.

one other tip is to start the fight at 40m as much as you can , as this gives you much more time to burn mobs down before they reach you.

Any tips on the traits?

at that level, you really only have a few traits, so just trait what seems best at the time.

its best not to worry about trait lines until low-mid 40's as that is when you have quite a few traits completed as well as having 4-5 trait slots open

Alright Thank you for that info Post any other advice

After reading into most of this thread from the OP I noticed one thing.

The primary play of your other characters all stem from the Tanking Class to Heavy Armor use. Which is probably why the Hunter is harder to play vs the others as Heavy Armor you dont feel the pain like the Medium to Light classes as quickly.

Even a Warden doesnt with those snazzy Gambits and nice Shield . Alas I digress on that.

Playing the Hunter is going to be a whole other ballpark play for you in this case. As the Hunter your going to have to watch what you pull before you pull. Maximizing distance from the enemy to send them packing to the world beyond.

We do have some very helpful links in the Hunter Resources Link at the top of the Hunter Forum if you want to check them out for some good reading. Alot of your questions and issues will be answered in those links.

Hope they help you. Still good luck on the Hunter. Once your able to use Crafted Traps it gets alot more fun since you can take on alot more enemies than you could before.

Another small tip. You should already have SWIFT STROKE. When in Melee use this when available. It increases your Parry Rating. Which in turn lowers the damage you take. Just make sure your not trying to use it when an enemy is flanking you. That parry % wont be helping much.
    Pariah Amistacia - Nimrodel - Leader of the Devils of Angmar

Well thank your for the info, I have another Post saying burg r guardian and hunter Guard is out so gonna be trying hunter i have 24, and burg i had a 15, dont know what to try first

1) Make sure that you have enough power to go along with your damage. Hunter books and traits help with this.

2) Earn class traits that give more damage by using your skills a certian amount of times. You can 'track' them and can look up the traits by class and name in the lorebook.

3) Take advantage of your range.

4) Know yourself. Sometimes you just have to run away to heal and come back and try again. I like soloing against elites for practice because enemies have different attacks and amounts of moral.

5) If you are doing swermishes, don't do the level that you currantly are unless you know what you are doing or have some good allies with you. When I do weathertop, I usually try and keep all or most of the fires going because this helps my warrior and the ranger kill things faster.

As far as choosing a different character goes, you may want to try a champion. Think massive short range damage. If you roll one, you'll have to mess around with weapon combos and chose between one handed or two handed items due to their power cost vs dps.

Rune-keepers are fun. I like mine because I can defend myself with fire, frost, etc and can heal myself and others. Even though they have light armour, they are harder to play than other classes I've tried...including hunter.