We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: AE Stuns for Creeps?

Creeps are fine as it is, they just need some love at higher ranks skill/skin/trait-wise. Did someone say CJs?
    Last edited by Pasharu; May 16 2010 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorandril View Post
    Honestly asking for anything creepside now on the forums is sort of the benchmark for being laughed at.
    We are done with that, no, you didnt hear anything, no one asked for anything... you just heard wrong

/Silkdawn
    [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=301899]Silkdawn's movie collection[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Overtone View Post
    WotE is easily the best AOE slow in the game. Firstly, because the AOE range is borked and it actually reaches far beyond it's stated tooltip range. Secondly, because it has a post-webbing effect that slows the opponents even after they are out of the web.
    LM tar covers an area larger then its visual effect as well and lasts what 8x longer(15sec vs 2 min i think) i'll give u the slow lasting after u are out of the area as an advantage but since the timer starts after u first enter the area its not that much better then tar especially after u factor in tars debuff making all fire damage skills do so much more damage. personally i find the 2 are about even(have both a lm and a spider btw) and both have strengths and weaknesses

lawl@Weavers that poo offensively!! Everybody knows Weaver poo is the first thing to drop when making for the big getaway.
    lawl at weavers who only use it to run away.i'd be willing to bet i use my webs 9/10 times in an offensive situation(like when we first engage freeps i'll usually sneak behind the freeps and wte behind them making it harder for them to run away and also forcing them to stay in fire traps longer not like most freeps ever try to leave a fire trap anyways but that sounds like an offensive use of wte to me

lawl@CaptainAOERezIfTraited
    it may not be a great rez but they can trait for a 2 target AOE rez that has no induction. it might not be a great rez but its still an aoe rez available to freeps

No they don't. They have group heals.
    ok i misunderstood what u meant by aoe heal as a heal to any1 in the group over a certain aoe not just any random person in that aoe regardless of if they needed it or are grouped with the person who used it. i remember 1 fight in an outpost where i was not grouped with any1 and on the bottom floor fighting a freep while a larger freep and creep group were fighting on the top floor. the ba used his rank 9 heal and it healed me and my 3 hatchlings (none of us needed heals) and he didn't get the heal and died. so its not always as good as people think

Quote Originally Posted by FatherDamien View Post

Creeps arent supose to be as strong as freeps. They strength is supose to be in there numbers.

Your argument is an old and outdated one. The moors is not designed based on this type of thinking anymore. The current design philosophy is to create more of a balanced type of gameplay between the two factions out there and i think the moors as a whole is fairly close to this goal atm .
    Ridduk

Quote Originally Posted by dagorlad91806 View Post
    Your argument is an old and outdated one. The moors is not designed based on this type of thinking anymore. The current design philosophy is to create more of a balanced type of gameplay between the two factions out there and i think the moors as a whole is fairly close to this goal atm .
    Yet creeps still possess skills and have tools available to them as if this were still the "mindset"... maps, aoe rezzes, stealth classes moving at near 100% speed while in stealth...

Quote Originally Posted by KillGore81 View Post
    Yet creeps still possess skills and have tools available to them as if this were still the "mindset"... maps, aoe rezzes, stealth classes moving at near 100% speed while in stealth...
    Both sides have their advantages over the other in certain respects( as will always be the case, we are not mirrors of each other) but overall, imo of course, i think we are seeing a fairly balanced type of gameplay out there.
    Ridduk

Both sides have their advantages over the other in certain respects( as will always be the case,
    One side more than others, and more pvp-oriented than others.
    [SIZE="2"][COLOR="Yellow"]I guarantee your level 65 r0 greenie BA will contribute more to your Creep raid than my level 2 Minstrel will contribute to my Freep raid. After all, both took about 5 seconds to create.[/COLOR][/size]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000085aec/signature.png]Chea[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by olagaton View Post
    One side more than others, and more pvp-oriented than others.
    Phew. It's a good job one side that is exists entirely for PvP purposes isn't more PvE orientated than the other. Now that would be a problem....
    Wulfhram (Hunter), Boborrin (Champ), Garrth (Captain) assorted others

Lets tell you a story on our Server Belegear. We have a Freepraid that kills of an elite Monsterraid (most Rank 8+) in under 2 minutes. There are 6-8 Minis with 4 Campions and 3 or 4 Runis. You attack one Freep and what you get is running through a see of tar and a short stun. When you have him under 1000 heath he is healed to full heath.

Freeps are overpowered in large groups to 12 - 24. Monsters need a area slow effect thats better then the pity web and the monster need better AoE attacks with more then 4 targets. Freeps have AoE stuns, attacks and so on with more then 5 targets. Yes and an AoE stun too with more then 3 or 4 Targets!

Tar is overpowered too. I would say you can keep it but on a CD of 5 to 10 minutes.

All this would not change 1on1 or group fights but fighting in raids.

Thats are my 2 cents.

bye

Baglodush, Warg, Rang 13

Edit: Oh, our raid contains the following:

in every group we have 1 to 2 Warleaders Rank 6 to 11
    4 Wargs Rank 10 to 13 (we have a rank 14 but she is not playing any more)
    3 Defiler Rank 8 to 12
    some Reaver highest Rank is 12
    some Blackarrows highest Rank is most 10
    some Weavers highest Rank is 8 or 9
    Last edited by Baglodush; May 17 2010 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jilla View Post
    Like Scooby Doo snickering of course
    Except way louder and with a cool echo effect haha. That would almost make being stunned fun.
    Jeffaman-Guarding Hobbit Jeffro-Burgling Hobbit Tinulaurien-Elf Lore Master Cephus-Champion of Men Lilnooblet-Hunting Hobbit Jeffrandir-Snooty Elf Rune-keeper- All of Brandywine
    Long live the halflings! Praise them with great praise!
    RIP Nidor - Brandywine's bravest warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectlotus View Post
    I say Minis are the best healers. I think youre staring blindly towards the greater health of a Defiler here and forgets how many more survivability skills a Mini have compared, easily making up for the lack in health, which leaves us to compare heals and in that area a Minstrel is unrivaled.

...and if you didnt cut my quote you would see I continue on saying just that aswell and points to the RK healingstone, since I also figured he was limiting it to AoE healing to suit his agenda of trying to make it sound like Creeps have an advantage in so many areas, which of course I had to tune down for him to not make people confused about the truth.

/Silkdawn
    /Zelestia
    what? you must not have a high ranked defiler dude.

defiler heals > minny heals (by rank7)

not even debatable here.. anyone that has a 65minstrel and a defiler over rank6 can tell you
    I do it for the lulz. ~SnH~
    People @ turbine/WB are a huge tease, but dont worry they end up screwing you on every update/expansion.
    " When enough scrubs get together, they accomplish great things "

O btw this thread = FAIL

aoe stun for creeps would be overkill(as if creepside isnt overkill already)

spiders = root/stun/daze/CJ/AoE root
    wargs = CJ/stun

combine that with the creep population outnumbering free population 3 to 1 everyday, creeps having way higher resistance ratings then freeps and available skills to release them from CC along with pots.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajiga View Post

I believe Weavers should be given an AE poison attack that stuns up to 5 targets at once.

Personaly, I would have loved to have seen a True tank class added to the Creeps side; a playable Troll tank with parrying and blocking skills. The Troll tank would then have a Foot Stomp PBAE stun attack. The Warleader with it high morale and high armour values still lacks anything resembling the Freep Guardians defensive abilities and makes for a poor tank. For if the Warleader were to be a tank where is its incombat sprint skill?
    LOL thats funny how your comparing classes here. If you want a tank then ask turbine to give warleaders a force taunt since that is all it lacks to be just a good a tank as a gaurd, why your mentioning sprint for WL's is beyond me I thought you were speaking of tanking here

EVERY Freep class has CC and when a Full Freep Raid hits you no amount of Pots are going to help, unless of course they elminated cooldowns.
    so basically you expect to get away from a full freep raid? whether your freep or creep if the oposing raid hits you with focus fire CC or no CC your going to die. O but wait your kind of an exception cause you have dying rage so even though you die you can run out of renown range (but thats another story)

I haven't taken my Freeps out into the Moores since Mirkwood went live.
    OK!I GET IT NOW! ugh no wonder....yea sorry buddy but this is all i have to quote off this post to know that I no longer have to quote you. You are only seeing things from your perspective of how the pvp is at right now. Play freep side now for a month at most and your thinkng will change

Quote Originally Posted by thisisanewname View Post
    best aoe slow? i don't really consider wte to be better to my lm's tar i'd say they are pretty even. both have strengths and weakness. tar is probably better defensively vs wte is better used offensively.

defillers do have the best aoe fear since i can't think of any aoe fears freepside. though i do notice my defillers fear is resisted about 80% of the time including 16 times in a row yesterday.

best cc in game aka en masse cj's. LOL yeah cuz freeps have such a shortage of cj's(creeps have 3 total skills that can cause a cj vs freeps having 3 skills from burgs<resettable> 2 from guards, + kick from captains can cause cj's (if traited for it) and bog lurkers. not to mention all the aoe stuns on freepside that case insane damage(ents,lightning from lms)

only aoe rez -wrong again captains have a 2 target aoe rez if traited for it

only aoe heal -so captains and minis don't have any aoe heals anymore?
    ..............this post is....soo off that I ...well maybe this link can express what I want to tell you
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEhDZN0RFjw
    I do it for the lulz. ~SnH~
    People @ turbine/WB are a huge tease, but dont worry they end up screwing you on every update/expansion.
    " When enough scrubs get together, they accomplish great things "

Quote Originally Posted by sebo2yoface View Post
    what? you must not have a high ranked defiler dude.

defiler heals > minny heals (by rank7)

not even debatable here.. anyone that has a 65minstrel and a defiler over rank6 can tell you
    situational healing.

free to heal...a minny will win no problem. If being focus fired trying to heal a defiler will win.

Quote Originally Posted by timmyloo22546 View Post
    situational healing.

free to heal...a minny will win no problem. If being focus fired trying to heal a defiler will win.
    Since when are minstrels free to heal? Are you serious?
    Third Marshal Rubicon Guardian ~ Third Marshal Raae Minstrel
    Commander Danceswithwargs Reaver ~ Taskmaster Whiskeytangofoxtrot Spider
    Commander Verkaufsschlacker Lore-master ~ Lieutenant Rivaalan Hunter
    ~ No Mercy ~

Quote Originally Posted by RGilthanas View Post
    Since when are minstrels free to heal? Are you serious?
    When they use LoS to avoid taking damage (especially useful in keeps). Or when they simply outrange the creeps by correctly positioning other freeps between themselves and the creeps.
    If you do not even try to communicate using clear and concise English, I will ignore you.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000007db5e/signature.png]Akulz[/charsig]

the ba used his rank 9 heal and it healed me and my 3 hatchlings (none of us needed heals) and he didn't get the heal and died. so its not always as good as people think
    This made me laugh. It happens a lot more than people realise too...
    Wulfhram (Hunter), Boborrin (Champ), Garrth (Captain) assorted others

Quote Originally Posted by sebo2yoface View Post
    O btw this thread = FAIL

aoe stun for creeps would be overkill(as if creepside isnt overkill already)

spiders = root/stun/daze/CJ/AoE root[I](rank 9)[/I]
    LM= root(s)*/AOE stun(s)/daze/CJ(lurker)AOE roots* /ranged uncurable slow/massive aoe dps
    wargs = CJ/stun
    burgs 3 cj starters/stun/mez/root*/skill resets
    italics+bold is my comments
    *freep roots are stronger(less chance of breaking from damage) and wont break if a dot was on BEFORE the root vs spider root break almost always on any damage including dots that were on before the root

*freep roots are stronger(less chance of breaking from damage) and wont break if a dot was on BEFORE the root vs spider root break almost always on any damage including dots that were on before the root
    See why does the rank 9 aoe spider root get a disclaimer there but the absolutely garbage end-of-crit-chain burg root doesn't?
    [color=cyan]Ryswald[/color] - 75 Burglar - Revelations - Rank 9 (pre-book 12 rank 6)
    [color=orange]Ragluk[/color] - 75 Stalker - Rank 6
    [color=grey]65 Hunter R5, 61 Loremaster, 48 Champion, 33 WRD, 33 RK, Rank 4 Weaver, Rank 6 Reaver[/color]
    [i]Firefoot Server[/i]

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftstrike View Post
    See why does the rank 9 aoe spider root get a disclaimer there but the absolutely garbage end-of-crit-chain burg root doesn't?
    cuz every burg that steps out in the moors has that root vs how many rank 9+ spiders?theres 9 total rank 9 spiders on brandywine and of that 9 only 2 of them play on a daily basis and 2 more don't play at all. its not uncommon to see groups of 6-8 burgs together at a time so odds are far more likely to get rooted by a burg then get in the aoe root of a spider at least on brandywine.but that main reason i gave a disclaimer to the spider aoe root cuz its not something that every1 has.and fyi the burgs garbarge root is actually better then the spider root in several ways(and MUCH worse in others) so while it may not be the most usefull skill (much better then knives out imo) it still is a root and if i remember right all burgs who are over what 55 will have the skill and the legendary only increases the duration and strengthens the debuffs(don't play my burg that much at the moment so can't remember exactly what the differance between small snag and quite a snag is)

weird coz I get the exact opposite when spiders root me.
    [B][COLOR=cyan][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000039d09/signature.png]Viloxus[/charsig]
    8-time Grand Champion Guinness Drinker[/COLOR][/B]
    [SIZE=2][B][COLOR=silver]June 2008 model in "Failmasters of 2008" Calendar[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    [B][COLOR=green]Making the world a better place one less pair of pants at a time :p [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

cuz every burg that steps out in the moors has that root vs how many rank 9+ spiders?theres 9 total rank 9 spiders on brandywine and of that 9 only 2 of them play on a daily basis and 2 more don't play at all. its not uncommon to see groups of 6-8 burgs together at a time so odds are far more likely to get rooted by a burg then get in the aoe root of a spider at least on brandywine.but that main reason i gave a disclaimer to the spider aoe root cuz its not something that every1 has.and fyi the burgs garbarge root is actually better then the spider root in several ways(and MUCH worse in others) so while it may not be the most usefull skill (much better then knives out imo) it still is a root and if i remember right all burgs who are over what 55 will have the skill and the legendary only increases the duration and strengthens the debuffs(don't play my burg that much at the moment so can't remember exactly what the differance between small snag and quite a snag is)
    fyi, not all burgs in the 'moors have this skill. It does cost money to "train" the skill.
    [SIZE="2"][COLOR="Yellow"]I guarantee your level 65 r0 greenie BA will contribute more to your Creep raid than my level 2 Minstrel will contribute to my Freep raid. After all, both took about 5 seconds to create.[/COLOR][/size]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000085aec/signature.png]Chea[/charsig]

IMO creeps being weaker but having the numbers was the balance. Now that they are just as strong as freeps and have the numbers the balance is gone.

All the servers have threads complaining that the map is red 90% of the time and that the creeps outnumber the freeps 2,3, & 4 to 1.

Diehards will continue to go out there. But, its not balanced. If the numbers are even then yes Id agree then the balance is there. However, I only play during prime time on my server and during that time the creeps have a huge advantage.

The majority of players that say everything is fine and dandy are creeps. And of coarse everything is great from there point of view, there able to steamroll anything that gets in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by someenigma View Post
    When they use LoS to avoid taking damage (especially useful in keeps). Or when they simply outrange the creeps by correctly positioning other freeps between themselves and the creeps.
    How exactly can a minstrel LoS to heal better? Themselves maybe, very doubtful concerning teammates.

And.....running out of range? The second bit both bespeaks 0 experience as well as making no sense. You can't LoS DoT's.
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.

Quote Originally Posted by thorandril View Post
    how Exactly Can A Minstrel Los To Heal Better? Themselves Maybe, Very Doubtful Concerning Teammates.

And.....running Out Of Range? The Second Bit Both Bespeaks 0 Experience As Well As Making No Sense. You Can't Los Dot's.
    Looking top down in a keep, "h" is the hunter, "M" is the minstrel, "C" is the creep. The creep cannot hit the minstrel. The minstrel is free to spam heal without getting interrupted. That's how a minstrel can LoS to heal better.
    Code:
    |     M
    |h  ____
    |  |
    |  |
    |  |
    |c |
    The minstrel below is 70m from the creeps. He has outranged the creeps, but is still within range to heal the hunterball. That is how a minstrel can outrange creeps to heal better
    Code:
    Creeps <- 40m -> Hunterball <- 30m -> Minstrel
    Any other questions?
    If you do not even try to communicate using clear and concise English, I will ignore you.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000007db5e/signature.png]Akulz[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by someenigma View Post
    *snip*
    So, if a creep and freep force smash into eachother at CoT then all the minstrel has to do is run to TR so they can heal everyone from the top!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast