We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Re: AE Stuns for Creeps?

Quote Originally Posted by someenigma View Post
    Looking top down in a keep, "h" is the hunter, "M" is the minstrel, "C" is the creep. The creep cannot hit the minstrel. The minstrel is free to spam heal without getting interrupted. That's how a minstrel can LoS to heal better.
    Code:
    |     M
    |h  ____
    |  |
    |  |
    |  |
    |c |
    Smart creeps will back up or move forward and force the minstrel and hunter to give up their position.

The minstrel below is 70m from the creeps. He has outranged the creeps, but is still within range to heal the hunterball. That is how a minstrel can outrange creeps to heal better
    Code:
    Creeps <- 40m -> Hunterball <- 30m -> Minstrel
    Smart Creeps will back up or push forward a bit to for the hunter and minstrel to reposition. If they reposition in sync, they can maintain their distance. If they move out of sync, one will be out of position while the other gets killed.

That is....against half-decent Creeps who know simple game mechanics. Then again, that is asking a lot, so maybe you do have a point.
    [SIZE="2"][COLOR="Yellow"]I guarantee your level 65 r0 greenie BA will contribute more to your Creep raid than my level 2 Minstrel will contribute to my Freep raid. After all, both took about 5 seconds to create.[/COLOR][/size]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000085aec/signature.png]Chea[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by thisisanewname View Post
    italics+bold is my comments
    *freep roots are stronger(less chance of breaking from damage) and wont break if a dot was on BEFORE the root vs spider root break almost always on any damage including dots that were on before the root
    you dont cease to amaze me with the stuff you come up with...

1st off.. The spider root is known to be the strongest root in game if the spider traits for it
    and mentioning that spider ranks as they are is no reason to worry about the aoe spider root is ridiculous.

2nd. For every 1 burg in the moores there is 5 wargs in the moores and those numbers are against burgs that know how to play the class well because let us not forget that now a days a warg can roll his face on a keyboard and come out in victory while a burg class takes time to learn to play well. A burg does have more Cj's on command but after those he is left in a chance of only 20% to get another while wargs can get a Cj 3/4 times after the on command Cj's he has so just about every time the stun immunity goes down the Cj goes off (I also hope you know that freep Cj's last 5 seconds while creep Cjs last 6 seconds)

Quote Originally Posted by FatherDamien View Post
    IMO creeps being weaker but having the numbers was the balance. Now that they are just as strong as freeps and have the numbers the balance is gone.

All the servers have threads complaining that the map is red 90% of the time and that the creeps outnumber the freeps 2,3, & 4 to 1.

Diehards will continue to go out there. But, its not balanced. If the numbers are even then yes Id agree then the balance is there. However, I only play during prime time on my server and during that time the creeps have a huge advantage.

The majority of players that say everything is fine and dandy are creeps. And of coarse everything is great from there point of view, there able to steamroll anything that gets in the way.
    +1.. you said it all man

Looking top down in a keep, "h" is the hunter, "M" is the minstrel, "C" is the creep. The creep cannot hit the minstrel. The minstrel is free to spam heal without getting interrupted. That's how a minstrel can LoS to heal better.
    Code:
    |     M
    |h  ____
    |  |
    |  |
    |  |
    |c |
    The minstrel below is 70m from the creeps. He has outranged the creeps, but is still within range to heal the hunterball. That is how a minstrel can outrange creeps to heal better
    Code:
    Any other questions?
    this theory is BS...do you really believe this will be the situation in the moores? Is the minstrel always going to have the benefit of breaking LoS, I doubt if they ever get that privelage.

Also a high ranked defiler will still out heal a minstrel with or without being under fire.

-just about every heal minstrels have are under inductions (when a fellow is under fire waiting for an induction there is chance where the heal wont go off in time, in between inductions become dangerous)

-defilers have 4 Hots(heals over time) along with a 2k+ heal. The 2k heal is at a 30 second cooldown so in between those 30 seconds the fellow creep is being healed by the applied Hots that heal over 240 each. All defiler heals are under 1 minute cooldown. Defiler's also give a +1300 crit defensive buff against all types of damage
    Last edited by sebo2yoface; May 25 2010 at 11:58 PM.
    I do it for the lulz. ~SnH~
    People @ turbine/WB are a huge tease, but dont worry they end up screwing you on every update/expansion.
    " When enough scrubs get together, they accomplish great things "

Quote Originally Posted by sebo2yoface View Post
    this theory is BS...do you really believe this will be the situation in the moores? Is the minstrel always going to have the benefit of breaking LoS, I doubt if they ever get that privelage.

Also a high ranked defiler will still out heal a minstrel with or without being under fire.

-just about every heal minstrels have are under inductions (when a fellow is under fire waiting for an induction there is chance where the heal wont go off in time, in between inductions become dangerous)

-defilers have 4 Hots(heals over time) along with a 2k+ heal. The 2k heal is at a 30 second cooldown so in between those 30 seconds the fellow creep is being healed by the applied Hots that heal over 240 each. All defiler heals are under 1 minute cooldown. Defiler's also give a +1300 crit defensive buff against all types of damage
    The theory happens. A healer that moves into position to make this situation happen is the key difference between a good healer and a bad healer.

A mini doesn't heal as much as I thought. I hopped on my 48 mini and was going see how many boulster courages I could do in ~30s. The delay between heals is horrible. Mini's should still be close to defiler's in terms of healing output when free to heal. And things like fellowships heart or triumphant spirit is going put them ahead of defilers.
    Last edited by timmyloo22546; May 26 2010 at 06:08 AM.

IMO creeps being weaker but having the numbers was the balance. Now that they are just as strong as freeps and have the numbers the balance is gone.
    One big flaw in your opinion, as this situation has happened many times over the years.

Say you get your "Balance" and creeps are nerfed, what happens? all the gotta win EZ moders switch over to freep and there you go totaly unbalanced again, then the creeps get a buff again... EZ moders switch again. Wash rinse repeat.

Diehards will continue to go out there. But, its not balanced. If the numbers are even then yes Id agree then the balance is there. However, I only play during prime time on my server and during that time the creeps have a huge advantage.
    I can agree with you on this, the population difference is an issue but the only way they can balance that is to bring in a system like Battle Grounds. In my opinion BGs are **** as I don't always have the time to wait in Que or I get baby aggro and hafta log for half an hour, which would boot you from the BG. Some people really enjoy BGs and some People spend most of their time at home with no RL obligations, so thay can afford the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by timmyloo22546 View Post
    The theory happens. A healer that moves into position to make this situation happen is the key difference between a good healer and a bad healer.
    -efflorescence = +500 initial heal, with a +360 heal every 5 seconds for 30 seconds
    -fertile slime = +100 initial heal, with a +100 heal every 10 seonds for 1 minute (no induction, can be done on the move)
    -fungal bloom = +642 initial heal, with + 156 heal every 5 seconds for 30 seconds
    -fungal spores = +273 initial heal, with +273 heal every 5 seconds for 30 seconds(no induction, can be done on the move)
    -fell restoration = 2000+ heal (cooldown 30 seconds)

i just dont see how minnyz top that but all im saying is mistrels need more heals that follow up with HoT's
    Last edited by sebo2yoface; May 26 2010 at 04:41 PM.
    I do it for the lulz. ~SnH~
    People @ turbine/WB are a huge tease, but dont worry they end up screwing you on every update/expansion.
    " When enough scrubs get together, they accomplish great things "

Killing a Boogan somm'ers, 'cause they remind me of Bogarts.

-efflorescence = +500 initial heal, with a +360 heal every 5 seconds for 30 seconds
    -fertile slime = +100 initial heal, with a +100 heal every 10 seonds for 1 minute (no induction, can be done on the move)
    -fungal bloom = +642 initial heal, with + 156 heal every 5 seconds for 30 seconds
    -fungal spores = +273 initial heal, with +273 heal every 5 seconds for 30 seconds(no induction, can be done on the move)
    -fell restoration = 2000+ heal (cooldown 30 seconds)

i just dont see how minnyz top that but all im saying is mistrels need more heals that follow up with HoT's
    -Bolster Courage = +770, no cool down
    -Raise the Spirit = +390, 1.5 sec cool down
    -Inspire Fellows = +385, 5s sec cool down
    -Chord of Salvation = +555, 30 sec cool down
    -Triumphant Spirit = +1160, 15 min cool down

And that's just what my level 38 Mini has. O_O

I wonder what a level 65 can do.... 'course they would have to leave War-Speech.
    ****Bogarts! We hates Bogarts!****

Occasionally, yes. Always, no. Never, no. Sometimes, yes. The person just asked "when" the minstrel would be able to freely heal, not "how can a minstrel always freely heal". Sorry if there was confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by olagaton View Post
    Smart creeps will back up or move forward and force the minstrel and hunter to give up their position.

Smart Creeps will back up or push forward a bit to for the hunter and minstrel to reposition. If they reposition in sync, they can maintain their distance. If they move out of sync, one will be out of position while the other gets killed.

That is....against half-decent Creeps who know simple game mechanics. Then again, that is asking a lot, so maybe you do have a point.
    I'm curious, are you assuming there are multiple creeps, and only the two freeps I listed? I could keep throwing hypotheticals back and forth all day, but it'd get boring. In the first situation, imagine that the room has NPCs in it. Or that champs might be around the corner from the hunters, protecting the hunters from any melee which might approach them. The minstrel(s) could heal both champs and hunters, without being attacked, the hunters could stay put and attack any ranged targets, and champs could pop any wargs or reavers which charge in.

Or maybe the creeps do back up. Congrats, you've pushed them backwards in the battle. That is something I consider to be a victory, albeit a minor one, even if the numbers in your wartab didn't change.

In the second situation, do the same thing. Champs in amongst the hunters, hunters stand still and keep shooting. If you let the creeps leave to circle around you, then you've been tactically outsmarted, the same mechanic works very well on creep raids where defilers are up out the back, rezzing the dead.
    Additionally, the minstrels don't need to be a whole 30m behind. Even 10m behind would work, they just need to be 40m away from the creep force.

And I suppose I should point out what I mentioned earlier in this post. These situations aren't guaranteed methods of minstrels being free to heal. They're just situations where minstrels are free to heal. They happen occasionally, I have seen them happen (and evidence, whether public or not, is still evidence).
    If you do not even try to communicate using clear and concise English, I will ignore you.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000007db5e/signature.png]Akulz[/charsig]

So it's a hunter and minstrel vs 1 creep, and the creep wants to take a keep? lol, ok. You go with that example....
    [SIZE="2"][COLOR="Yellow"]I guarantee your level 65 r0 greenie BA will contribute more to your Creep raid than my level 2 Minstrel will contribute to my Freep raid. After all, both took about 5 seconds to create.[/COLOR][/size]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000085aec/signature.png]Chea[/charsig]

So it's a hunter and minstrel vs 1 creep, and the creep wants to take a keep? lol, ok. You go with that example....
    I think you'll find that none of my examples had "only" 1 hunter, 1 minstrel, and one creep. I was only pointing out the 3 important "aspects". The hunter is in line of sight of both creeps and minstrels. Creeps are not in line of sight minstrel.
    If you do not even try to communicate using clear and concise English, I will ignore you.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000007db5e/signature.png]Akulz[/charsig]

I think you'll find that none of my examples had "only" 1 hunter, 1 minstrel, and one creep.
    You were the one that said that I assumed there was multiple creeps. Is there, or aren't there?

you dont cease to amaze me with the stuff you come up with...

1st off.. The spider root is known to be the strongest root in game if the spider traits for it
    and mentioning that spider ranks as they are is no reason to worry about the aoe spider root is ridiculous.
    strongest root in the game if traited LMFAO. i have that root traited and if i root something the root will break about 75% of the time if the freep hits me or another rank 6+ spider or even an orc with the reflect.

but to test your theory i tried to dot a npc with my spider ,hunter,and lm then root the mob and leave it alone and see how long the root took to break. tried them all 10 times as a small sample

SPIDER
    5/10 times broke on first tick
    3/10 broke on second
    1/10 broke on 3rd tick
    1/10 it lasted 4 ticks
    not a single time did the root last a full 30 secs without any damage being done besides that initial dot that was on before the root.

hunter/lm actually had same result
    all mobs stayed in root full time and never were broken out from the dots.

i also have had on several occasions been rooted with pots on cd and be killed before the root broke on my creeps and have never had a single freep (even a level 40) die before the root broke.

i have played every freep to at least level 40 with having every class but warden/champ over 57. and in my almost 3 1/2 years playing this game it seems to me that my freeps roots are MUCH stronger and take far more damage to break then my spiders root(at least since they have been made breakable) and remember freeps do have a unbreakable root from a hunters crafted trap even if it is a crafted item that not many freeps carry its still there.

as for the spider aoe root being mentioned as a rank 9 skill that almost nobody has is ridiculous how is that ridiculous? at any given time in the moors theres bound to be 10x as many freep aoe roots around as creep aoe roots. also the spider aoe root roots 3 targets max in a smaller aoe then rain of thorns which can hit what 8 or 9 targets with the legacy?

I think that it is true that if you make the creeps weaker some will switch back to freeps. And I dont want to see a forced balance with ques either.

However, I think that creeps would still have numbers. Its just way easier to get a creep Moors ready than a freep.

But, I think that a possble solution would be to leave creeps alone but, take away your maps and give the freeps a buff per rank. 1-2% moral and power buff per rank. With the increased combat speed and creeps having bigger moral pools and now that more and more creeps are getting higher ranks you guys are beasts to take down.

Take last night. We had 10-12 freeps and ran into 10-12 creeps. Normaly this would be awesome. However, the group we ran into last night were all high ranked. They had 2 defilers 2 wls and a mix of others. The problem we ran into was we would get a WL down a good amount and bubble appears. So we switch to other WL get him down a good bit and a magic bubble appears. Ok switch back to other WL get him almost down and Uruk heal. So we switch back to the other WL get him almost down and Uruk heal again. By this time there bubbles are off cooldown and we get to start the whole process over. They had 4 uruk heals avail to them.

Our healers go down in 1/4 of the time it takes to down your healers and thats if they dont get a bubble or full heal. You can raise 5 at a time in combat. We can get what 3 up using two classes if they specialy trait for it?
    You guys can teleport accross the map every what 5 mins? I have to run or ride.

All these little things when looked at one at a time dont seem to be a huge advantage. But, you add them all together and they become a big problem out there. This is of coarse all IMO.

Coarse another idea I had was that if minis, capts and rk's trait a full heal line that they would get a armor and moral buff. Something that would put us on par with a WL or Defiler. Leave our power alone. But, make us harder to take down so that we stand a chance of staying alive long enough to heal some more. Just some random thoughts.

You were the one that said that I assumed there was multiple creeps. Is there, or aren't there?
    Yes, you seemed to assume multiple creeps, yet you said they should charge into the hunter and minstrel, implying that those were the only two freeps.

The point being made is that if the creeps want to attack the healer, they have to push forward into a setup freep group. Since you seem to want one specific setup, put one burg and one champ next to the hunter, but around the corner. Champ is grouped with hunter, staying in combat and gaining 5 pips, popping cheap AoEs as often as he can to pop wargs. Burg stays in stealth.

Tada, everyone is well defended. Of course, I'm now expecting you to go on about something like how you'd never get this group of freeps together in the 'moors because freeps can't flip to other classes as easily. At least, that's where most of these arguments end up getting to with you. Either that, or I expect you'll say that there's bound to be way more creeps out, so therefore they outnumber freeps and can zerg them.

Take last night. We had 10-12 freeps and ran into 10-12 creeps. Normaly this would be awesome. However, the group we ran into last night were all high ranked. They had 2 defilers 2 wls and a mix of others. The problem we ran into was we would get a WL down a good amount and bubble appears. So we switch to other WL get him down a good bit and a magic bubble appears. Ok switch back to other WL get him almost down and Uruk heal. So we switch back to the other WL get him almost down and Uruk heal again. By this time there bubbles are off cooldown and we get to start the whole process over. They had 4 uruk heals avail to them.
    Just quickly looking at those 4 uruks that you were up against. For the first 5-6 ish ranks, they would've been weaker than their counterparts (WL v Minstrels, BA v Hunters). If we're going to adjust the balance so that creeps are never more powerful than freeps, then I think we should adjust the balance so that creeps of all ranks are equal to the average freep.

Coarse another idea I had was that if minis, capts and rk's trait a full heal line that they would get a armor and moral buff. Something that would put us on par with a WL or Defiler. Leave our power alone. But, make us harder to take down so that we stand a chance of staying alive long enough to heal some more. Just some random thoughts.
    Captains do have reasonable staying-alive skills. I'd say given the disparity between damage done by both sides, the 7-8k morale a captain can get is about equivalent.
    If we're trying to make minstrels more like warleaders by giving them higher armour/morale/resistances, I think we'd have to take away some emergency skills too. Warleaders can't self-bubble, so minstrels cannot use lay of the hammerhand, nor can they gift themselves. They also can't use Still as Death. Uruks get the r9 heal, so Triumphant Spirit is fine. The fear (Cry of the Valar) should be unusable too. Warleaders have no way to get a character away from them.
    Basically what I'm saying is that WL have high armour/morale/resistances, but not much more. They have no CC. They basically cannot heal with more than 1 NPC on them, or a guard/champ/warden/burg. They have one self-save skill, the r9 uruk heal which takes a lot of time to get, and is not even guaranteed to actually hit the WL. Warleaders are good for 2/3 things in roughly-even fights against good freeps. Bubble, aoe res and the r9 heal if they have it.

I'm not sure how runekeepers fare with emergency skills, defilers I believe only have one, that's the PBAoE fear.

Quote Originally Posted by thisisanewname View Post
    strongest root in the game if traited LMFAO. i have that root traited and if i root something the root will break about 75% of the time if the freep hits me or another rank 6+ spider or even an orc with the reflect.

but to test your theory i tried to dot a npc with my spider ,hunter,and lm then root the mob and leave it alone and see how long the root took to break. tried them all 10 times as a small sample

SPIDER
    5/10 times broke on first tick
    3/10 broke on second
    1/10 broke on 3rd tick
    1/10 it lasted 4 ticks
    not a single time did the root last a full 30 secs without any damage being done besides that initial dot that was on before the root.

hunter/lm actually had same result
    all mobs stayed in root full time and never were broken out from the dots.

i also have had on several occasions been rooted with pots on cd and be killed before the root broke on my creeps and have never had a single freep (even a level 40) die before the root broke.

i have played every freep to at least level 40 with having every class but warden/champ over 57. and in my almost 3 1/2 years playing this game it seems to me that my freeps roots are MUCH stronger and take far more damage to break then my spiders root(at least since they have been made breakable) and remember freeps do have a unbreakable root from a hunters crafted trap even if it is a crafted item that not many freeps carry its still there.

as for the spider aoe root being mentioned as a rank 9 skill that almost nobody has is ridiculous how is that ridiculous? at any given time in the moors theres bound to be 10x as many freep aoe roots around as creep aoe roots. also the spider aoe root roots 3 targets max in a smaller aoe then rain of thorns which can hit what 8 or 9 targets with the legacy?
    I am SO glad you posted this, I almost fell out of my chair laughing when he said spider roots are the strongest in the game. In terms of breaking they are actually the weakest.

-Morrdan/Weaver/Pre
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/nimrodel/bizladan/]Bizladan[/url] Hunter
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/nimrodel/bizldore/]Bizldore[/url] Burglar
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/nimrodel/bizldur/]Bizldur[/url] Lore-Master
    Nimrodel - Vinyara, Officer

Code:
    |     M
    |h  ____
    |  |
    |  |
    |  |
    |c |
    Code:
    Any other questions?
    Code:
    Creeps <- 40m -> Hunterball <- 30m -> Minstrel <-1M 2x Wargs
    Not that hard, two wargs would be able to burn down that min before he got out of the conj.
    *according to turbine I haz no chars* :(

The point being made is that if the creeps want to attack the healer, they have to push forward into a setup freep group.
    Most decent Creeps will recognize that situation, and will leave the keep until Freeps log off later that night, and take the keep then if that's really their goal. Especially if that hiding minstrel is making that big of a difference, and denying the Creeps any kills. If that's a victory to you, then great! One problem (among many others) is that there is no sense of urgency in the 'moors. The Creeps aren't forced to infiltrate the keep where that situation takes place. They can simply leave and come back when it's not being defended, or when Freeps are out of position.

Quote Originally Posted by Grymn View Post
    Code:
    Creeps <- 40m -> Hunterball <- 30m -> Minstrel <-1M 2x Wargs
    Not that hard, two wargs would be able to burn down that min before he got out of the conj.
    I'm sure they could. That's not the situation I posted though.

Most decent Creeps will recognize that situation, and will leave the keep until Freeps log off later that night, and take the keep then if that's really their goal. Especially if that hiding minstrel is making that big of a difference, and denying the Creeps any kills. If that's a victory to you, then great! One problem (among many others) is that there is no sense of urgency in the 'moors. The Creeps aren't forced to infiltrate the keep where that situation takes place. They can simply leave and come back when it's not being defended, or when Freeps are out of position.
    So ... we're agreeing then, that this situation is one when the minstrel is freely allowed to heal? And it's one which can force creeps to back off?

So ... we're agreeing then, that this situation is one when the minstrel is freely allowed to heal? And it's one which can force creeps to back off?
    It is certainly a situation where one minstrel might be freely allowed to heal, but it is by no means a situation that "forces" creeps to back off. They will typically choose to back off willingly.

It is certainly a situation where one minstrel might be freely allowed to heal, but it is by no means a situation that "forces" creeps to back off. They will typically choose to back off willingly.
    Well, no, it doesn't force them. All it means is they'll be shooting at a target that is getting heals, and they won't be able to target the healer.

Fair enough, you posted a situation. Now let's ponder over how often it occurs versus the typical "Minstrel dies in 2 seconds to focus fire without either a 10m CD bubble or shield wall" that seems much more common to me.
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4