We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

AE Stuns for Creeps?

I think it's about time that Creeps be given an AE Stun. Freeps have four classes (Captains, Rk's, Champs & LM's) that can peform this extremely powerful attack yet Creeps do not have a single class that can do this. Creeps are constantly subjected to this assault leaving many helpless and at the mercy of Freeps. Pots offer little defense when multiple AE stuns are cast by the large number of Freep classes that can AE stun.

Freep constant Zergs and AE stuns kill Creep healers before any damage breaks the stuns. Freeps can delay the escape of many Creeps in one attack or hault advances single handedly. Nothing in the Creep arsenal comes close to this powerful effect.

I believe Weavers should be given an AE poison attack that stuns up to 5 targets at once. I would like to see Reavers be given a shout that after combat gives them an AE stun but I fear that too many Freeps would cry bloody murder if it came to be so at the very least I would hope we would gain it through our Weavers.

Personaly, I would have loved to have seen a True tank class added to the Creeps side; a playable Troll tank with parrying and blocking skills. The Troll tank would then have a Foot Stomp PBAE stun attack. The Warleader with it high morale and high armour values still lacks anything resembling the Freep Guardians defensive abilities and makes for a poor tank. For if the Warleader were to be a tank where is its incombat sprint skill?
    [COLOR=red][B]MAGGOTSTEW - EMISSARY OF THE EYE[/B][/COLOR] - [COLOR=red][B]LANDROVAL[/B][/COLOR] - [COLOR=red][B]RANK 10 ORC REAVER[/B] [B]LIEUTENANT[/B][/COLOR] - [COLOR=red][B]HARVESTOR OF SORROW[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=deepskyblue]??????????? - Landroval - Rank 7 Deflier/Warleader/Warg/Blackarrow/Weaver[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=yellow]??????????? - Landroval - 75 Level Rank 4 Captain, Rk and Hunter
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#00ff00]
    "OK, WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT TARGET FORWARDING MEANS?"[/COLOR][COLOR=yellow].[/COLOR]

Re: AE Stuns for Creeps?

Sure and my hunter should get 8.2k morale with the same mits and armor my blackarrow gets. If you would have stopped with the warleaders.... maybe, but come on, you want a an orc heal for 4k on a 3 minute cool down too? That way the reavers will only die when they burn their OP suicide skill.

I would like to someday go back to creepside and play a bit, but since the last few books have been all creep it doesn't look like I will be dusting off Rancor any time soon.

Tydalmir
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208010000043945/signature.png]Rancor[/charsig]

Vyxe said, "Cheer up it could be worse out here tonight." So we all cheered up, and wouldn't you know it.... things got worse!

Freep zergs?

Freeps can kill a creep healer before the first stun wears off?

What game are you playing?
    Third Marshal Rubicon Guardian ~ Third Marshal Raae Minstrel
    Commander Danceswithwargs Reaver ~ Taskmaster Whiskeytangofoxtrot Spider
    Commander Verkaufsschlacker Lore-master ~ Lieutenant Rivaalan Hunter
    ~ No Mercy ~

I doubt Creeps will ever get an AOE stun, considering how easy it is to log into a mass-raid of any specific class, and the relative ease/quickness it is to rank.
    [SIZE="2"][COLOR="Yellow"]I guarantee your level 65 r0 greenie BA will contribute more to your Creep raid than my level 2 Minstrel will contribute to my Freep raid. After all, both took about 5 seconds to create.[/COLOR][/size]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000085aec/signature.png]Chea[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by olagaton View Post
    I doubt Creeps will ever get an AOE stun, considering how easy it is to log into a mass-raid of any specific class, and the relative ease/quickness it is to rank.
    Exactly, any form of AOE stun on creepside could be easily abused due to this... would have to be obtained at a high rank of course, but even so, I'm not for creeps getting AOE stuns anyways.
    [center][size=1][B][color=red]Irezii[/color][/B][color=grey]~R10 Weaver [B][I]“[color=brown]The field of battle serves as a garden from which you reap the heads of the fallen. You are a true harvester of sorrow.[/color]” ~ Harvester of Sorrow[/B][/I] <The Black Blade> [/color][/size]
    [size=1][color=green][B]Linnleii[/color][/B][color=lightblue]~65 R5 Hunter[/color] [color=lightblue]<Order of the Phoenix>[/color] [color=lightblue]---Nimrodel---[/color][/size]
    [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=304451"][size=1]Highest Ranked Creep List [/size][/URL][/center]

Sorry, but I've seen RK's and Hunters hit for over 4K and Minni's hit for over 1K. Easy enough to drop a WL even with 10k morale using target forwarding before CC wears off.

Tonight was a prime example. I was on my Rank 6 Defiler and got hit so many times with CC that I watched the entire Creep raid wipe while starring at a grey skill bar before I was put down. The problem with Freep CC is that once Freep raids exceed a dozen Freeps the CC effects grow exponentially. Watching Champs sprint through the entire Creep raid and blowing their horns becomes quit annoying and there is no greater annoiance in the game then watching a grey skill bar while everyone dies around and the inability to recipricate.

I fully agree with ranking to get the effect. I don't expect rank 1 running around with it. It would need to be at least rank 7 or 8. My desire wasn't to have as many Creeps with AE stuns as Freeps. Having one would be great. The Reaver AE stun isn't an effect they could readily cast off like the Champs, it would be more like the Captains, something would have to die first.
    [COLOR=red][B]MAGGOTSTEW - EMISSARY OF THE EYE[/B][/COLOR] - [COLOR=red][B]LANDROVAL[/B][/COLOR] - [COLOR=red][B]RANK 10 ORC REAVER[/B] [B]LIEUTENANT[/B][/COLOR] - [COLOR=red][B]HARVESTOR OF SORROW[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=deepskyblue]??????????? - Landroval - Rank 7 Deflier/Warleader/Warg/Blackarrow/Weaver[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#00ff00]
    "OK, WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT TARGET FORWARDING MEANS?"[/COLOR][COLOR=yellow].[/COLOR]

well i am pretty sure that creeps do perfectly fine against freeps, if you know how to play that is.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100001bfa43/signature.png]Dryfire[/charsig]
    QQ threads make me laugh out loud.

I think that all creeps should get a 60m range 10k pure damage nuke. 2m CD to make it balanced. Any thoughts?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000002f84c/01008/signature.png]Uruviel[/charsig]

[COLOR=Yellow]You currently have 1337 reputation point(s).[/COLOR]

Defiler fears are much more effective than AoE stuns in a group situation. A AoE stun could be manipulated by a number of classes (specifically burgs/guards) whereas the AoE fear does not trigger these events. In addition SI does not affect fear (afaik) so fear > stun. Add to this most freeps don't have fear pots (their own fault i know) this is much more powerful CC (especially considering the duration) compared to an AoE stun.
    [URL="http://catalyst.guildlaunch.com"][/URL][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][SIZE=1]Votan | Xeyila | Grisburnakh
    Retired - Thanks for the fun and the fights[/SIZE]

I thought Creeps already had an Area Stun? We call them a wargpack

/Silkdawn
    [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=301899]Silkdawn's movie collection[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Cajiga View Post
    Tonight was a prime example. I was on my Rank 6 Defiler and got hit so many times with CC that I watched the entire Creep raid wipe while starring at a grey skill bar before I was put down.
    You know, there's those nifty green and red pots that can be bought from the vendor at grams and what they do is cure stun, mez and root effects AND you can buy fear cure pots with delving stones!

It's ok if that was new to you. I think they just put those in the game a couple days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectlotus View Post
    I thought Creeps already had an Area Stun? We call them a wargpack

/Silkdawn
    You sir, won the internet.
    [URL="http://catalyst.guildlaunch.com"][/URL][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][SIZE=1]Votan | Xeyila | Grisburnakh
    Retired - Thanks for the fun and the fights[/SIZE]

I think wargs should have a skill called Roflbark that has an AOE stun with a 30m range. It should also reset all cooldowns and gives the warg wings for 5 minutes. Roflbark would be on a 5 second cd.
    Jeffaman-Guarding Hobbit Jeffro-Burgling Hobbit Tinulaurien-Elf Lore Master Cephus-Champion of Men Lilnooblet-Hunting Hobbit Jeffrandir-Snooty Elf Rune-keeper- All of Brandywine
    Long live the halflings! Praise them with great praise!
    RIP Nidor - Brandywine's bravest warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffor View Post
    I think wargs should have a skill called Roflbark that has an AOE stun with a 30m range. It should also reset all cooldowns and gives the warg wings for 5 minutes. Roflbark would be on a 5 second cd.
    Gratz on the first post i thought worthy of this reputation **** ++

I think before any creep asks for any kind of buff for creep side they should go play their freep for a week or two first. Then decide if the creeps really need any kind of buff right now.

Also by the OP's post he is pretty much saying that their is too much CC on freep side. He is saying most of the time his skills are just greyed out. Do you really think the best way to solve this problem would be to make it so both sides are greyed out instead of just the one?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000002f5c/signature.png]Bambam[/charsig]

lol Jeff ^^
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000005ce4/signature.png]Gloinfastisback[/charsig]
    Gloinfast - rank 11 dwarf Paladin - Brandywine
    Gloinfastisback - rank 4 Ranger - Riddermark
    Cudspitter - Rank 5 Warlock
    Bowdowntogloinfast - Rank 4 Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by ring3r View Post
    Gratz on the first post i thought worthy of this reputation **** ++
    I wonder what Roflbark would sound like. Hmm...
    Jeffaman-Guarding Hobbit Jeffro-Burgling Hobbit Tinulaurien-Elf Lore Master Cephus-Champion of Men Lilnooblet-Hunting Hobbit Jeffrandir-Snooty Elf Rune-keeper- All of Brandywine
    Long live the halflings! Praise them with great praise!
    RIP Nidor - Brandywine's bravest warrior

Leave AOE to the champs so we can be good at something
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042070000000cbc65/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Killing a Boogan somm'ers, 'cause they remind me of Bogarts.

The only reason this is a bad idea is because it would cause AoEs to go the route of roots/stuns/mezes. Once creeps get it and start killing freeps, Turbine realizes how ridicules it is in PvMP and promptly decides to get rid of it. But then would not be able remove it from creeps because it would be hypocritical, so they would have to do it for both. Thus Nerfing AoEs on both sides. :/
    ****Bogarts! We hates Bogarts!****

Each side has some unique features to it. This is certainly one of them for freeps. Creeps don't need them- especially not right now.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000000d7e9/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

What AOE stun does an RK have?

I"m pretty sure this is the best post I've ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by ursinuspip73 View Post
    What AOE stun does an RK have?
    Perfect Imagery.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000002f84c/01008/signature.png]Uruviel[/charsig]

[COLOR=Yellow]You currently have 1337 reputation point(s).[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by cwswim03 View Post

Perfect Imagery.

That's a daze, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by mrgray28th View Post
    well i am pretty sure that creeps do perfectly fine against freeps, if you know how to play that is.
    Drytinman you found me out, yes I bought my Rank 9 Reaver and the other five rank 6's with three easy installsments of $3.98. By the way, the Reavers owners manual doesn't explain HARVESTOR OF SORROW, can anyone point me to where i can read what it does 8)

Quote Originally Posted by KillGore81 View Post
    You know, there's those nifty green and red pots that can be bought from the vendor at grams and what they do is cure stun, mez and root effects AND you can buy fear cure pots with delving stones!

It's ok if that was new to you. I think they just put those in the game a couple days ago.
    There must be alot of unemployed comedians who play Lotro because the forums are full of their postings. EVERY Freep class has CC and when a Full Freep Raid hits you no amount of Pots are going to help, unless of course they elminated cooldowns. But even without cooldowns theres always that 1-2 second delay where you still can't move or attack. And don't get me started on DIMINISHING RETURNS.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam21 View Post
    I think before any creep asks for any kind of buff for creep side they should go play their freep for a week or two first. Then decide if the creeps really need any kind of buff right now.

Also by the OP's post he is pretty much saying that their is too much CC on freep side. He is saying most of the time his skills are just greyed out. Do you really think the best way to solve this problem would be to make it so both sides are greyed out instead of just the one?
    I have played Freeps in the Moores. As a matter of fact I was a beta tester before launch 3 years ago, I was a tester on the Roheryn server and I was a beta tester for Moria. I've played all Freep classes with all legendary abilities, all Traits, all Deed and all Creep classes with all Racials up to Rank 15. Adding more CC to Freeps is a bad thing, more CC to Creeps is a good thing. I take distinct pleasure hitting Freeps with my Weavers CC

Quote Originally Posted by Toranoga View Post
    The only reason this is a bad idea is because it would cause AoEs to go the route of roots/stuns/mezes. Once creeps get it and start killing freeps, Turbine realizes how ridicules it is in PvMP and promptly decides to get rid of it. But then would not be able remove it from creeps because it would be hypocritical, so they would have to do it for both. Thus Nerfing AoEs on both sides. :/
    Interesting idea, removing AoE stuns all together, hmm ...
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#00ff00]

Quote Originally Posted by Cajiga View Post

I have played Freeps in the Moores. As a matter of fact I was a beta tester before launch 3 years ago, I was a tester on the Roheryn server and I was a beta tester for Moria. I've played all Freep classes with all legendary abilities, all Traits, all Deed and all Creep classes with all Racials up to Rank 15. Adding more CC to Freeps is a bad thing, more CC to Creeps is a good thing. I take distinct pleasure hitting Freeps with my Weavers CC
    Its great that you played a freep in the past. Have you been out there on a live server during SoM??

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast