We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 51 of 274 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 6835

Thread: Ettenmoors

Re: Ettenmoors

wargs need to stop pickin fights if they aren't gonna stick it through thats why hugrier was awsome thow
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000012c75d/01008/signature.png]Flaky[/charsig]
    [B][COLOR=#8b0000]Creeps that piss me off always die before the greenies standin in front of them.[/COLOR][/B]
    [I][COLOR=black] Pathfinder 65 hunt, Protectme 65 min, Flakefinderr 65 champ, Protectthemin 65 capt, Flakemeister 65 Lm, Pokcetkiller r9 reaver[/COLOR][/I]

Quote Originally Posted by 45Cal. View Post
    wargs need to stop pickin fights if they aren't gonna stick it through thats why hugrier was awsome thow
    Same with burgs (not you, Flaky). Most burgs that attack my defiler will hips and run away when they realize it's not going to be an easy fight. The better burgs will kill me although it may take them several minutes. Of course some of this will depend on traits.
    Last edited by elderlygamer; Nov 21 2010 at 12:40 PM.
    Ijustpassedgas Excuseme
    Yeasty Infection

Quote Originally Posted by elderlygamer View Post
    Same with burgs (not you, Flaky). Most burgs that attack my defiler will hips and run away when they realize it's not going to be an easy fight. The better burgs will kill me although it may take them several minutes. Of course some of this will depend on traits.
    I'd like to point out stickin a fight through dosen't count chasin through npcs or havin fun with the raid that mapped in. And curios ( spelt worng) what other burgs have beat you in a 1v1 gass, i know AZ has.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000012c75d/01008/signature.png]Flaky[/charsig]
    [B][COLOR=#8b0000]Creeps that piss me off always die before the greenies standin in front of them.[/COLOR][/B]
    [I][COLOR=black] Pathfinder 65 hunt, Protectme 65 min, Flakefinderr 65 champ, Protectthemin 65 capt, Flakemeister 65 Lm, Pokcetkiller r9 reaver[/COLOR][/I]

i love when burgs try to gank me and have to hips away. makes me feel all tingly
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070100000e4b72/signature.png]Lugbugdush[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by c00kie_monster View Post
    i love when burgs try to gank me and have to hips away. makes me feel all tingly
    Did you run to npcs or a raid, cause if not the burg should delete his toon, ow and to the 3 burgs that lost to him in the turny reroll now.

Did you run to npcs or a raid, cause if not the burg should delete his toon, ow and to the 3 burgs that lost to him in the turny reroll now.
    Oh listen to you Mr. Highandmighty. What's wrong, you need more attention?
    Bunnytail |Terminus Venatus Triumphus
    Mihiraa | Shock and Awe | Gladden

theres been several of em... always fun to see em hips then reappear with 1-2 more burgs. my fav burg fight was agianst bing.. i had the ec flag and ran into him in an all melle only fight. no arrows from me, no cc from him. came to a couple hundred hp, but he got me.

also, i havent seen that little zombor tryin to gank me around anymore ;-) been like 2 ranks since ive seen ya out. If i remember correctly, ive sent ya running a few times. we should do it agian sometime
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070100000e4b72/signature.png]Lugbugdush[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by jennirich View Post
    Oh listen to you Mr. Highandmighty. What's wrong, you need more attention?
    ? who let you back on this server

I'd like to point out stickin a fight through dosen't count chasin through npcs or havin fun with the raid that mapped in. And curios ( spelt worng) what other burgs have beat you in a 1v1 gass, i know AZ has.
    No, I wasn't saying I win by getting help or by running through NPCS. I prefer my 1v1s to be just that... nobody helping whether they be human or otherwise. But I will often use terrain to my advantage if possible.

I went through the pvmp list to see which burgs have beaten me besides you and Az but I don't remember the names. It may have been Bing, not sure. He was definitely not one to run away.

I used to get killed all the time by burgs but around rank 6-7 the tide started changing. It's only been a few that have won since then because they either stay and fight (kudos to those few who do, even if it ends up being a tie) or they hips and don't reappear. I could probably count on one hand the number of burgs who've stuck around for a 1v1 in my past 3 ranks or so.
    Ijustpassedgas Excuseme
    Yeasty Infection

Gas lets just agree that you love me when your freeping.
    Loki - Voodoo - Cheezy

Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet_yo View Post
    Gas lets just agree that you love me when your freeping.
    You thrusting your pelvic area into my beard indicates your fondness of me, not the other way around.
    Ijustpassedgas Excuseme
    Yeasty Infection

Wanted to take a moment to say hello to everyone... I'm back

/wave, /salute Arkenstoners

p.s. Nice to see you on Ark Heregwyn
    Last edited by vodpraetor; Dec 29 2010 at 04:27 AM.
    Cullin R10, Adyson R10, Praethir R9, Liggins R9, Cilliann R9, Koltan R8, Kolton R8, Zevin R7, Aernon R7

Ya, I think Marine sniper are wussies too, they sneak up on people, attack and kill something and melt away in the shadow. If they were real men, they'd stand in front of the whole army and take em on toe to toe.

Seriously, play your class. If I had a dime for every time a burg hips'ed on me when he got to 1k I'd be richer than Bill &^#%$ing Gates. And, I've seen a burg hips multiple times in the same fight, wargs can only do it once every 5 mins. qq

Quote Originally Posted by Krushbone View Post
    Ya, I think Marine sniper are wussies too, they sneak up on people, attack and kill something and melt away in the shadow. If they were real men, they'd stand in front of the whole army and take em on toe to toe.
    Wooooh Napoleonic warfare all the way. Get the men in line and march them into a hail of bullets and cannon shells.
    Chieftain Akart, Servant of [B]Fernando the Benevolent[/B] and [B]Chester the Sleepy Squirrel[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Krushbone View Post
    Marine snipers are the elite, the percent of snipers vs the entire armed forces is nowhere near to what hunters and bas are. If anything a marine sniper would be equivalent to a super buffed ranger type.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000087cd1/signature.png]Gnomili[/charsig]
    Arkenstone: Gnomili R9 Guardian - Noldor
    Urukagh R9 BA, Golg R7 Reaver, Freeptooth R5 Warg, Uglakh R4 WL, Lugabash R4 Defiler
    Landroval: Oggy R7 Reaver, Firetab R5 Blackarrow

Look you pathetic maggots. I'm in a pi--y mood. I had a pi--y day. I'm prolly gonna have to work over the holiday weekend. The bus was about a half hour late. The ride home will take an extra 20 mins or so due to traffic, which puts it at close to 90 minutes of just being on the bus, plus the 15-20 minute drive to go 5 miles after the bus ride. And I've had to fart since I got on the bus.

So I'm in a pi--y mood. You filthy maggots had better show up to the moors tonight so I can derive some pleasure from killing you.

Signed,

Ineedtopassgas
    Ijustpassedgas Excuseme
    Yeasty Infection

So I'm in a pi--y mood. You filthy maggots had better show up to the moors tonight so I can derive some pleasure from killing you.
    You're talking to the maggots right? You don't mean us right?
    Chieftain Akart, Servant of [B]Fernando the Benevolent[/B] and [B]Chester the Sleepy Squirrel[/B]

First I want to say I feel like I am a newb out there because I know very few names on either side. I guess the ones that used to roam the Moors are long gone. But I am having fun and that is all that counts.

But what I do not understand is why when something that everyone seems to be enjoying has to be ruined because of one creeps desire to do so. I am not going to call one out but I am sure some know who I am talking about. Last night we had some really good battles between STAB and the crossroads. As a freep we were really outnumbered and 1 creep group would charge in from STAB we would fight them and hold them off just in time for another group to come in from the crossroads. This continued for about 30 mins until one group decided to zerg EC and wipe all the freeps. The same group or individual that seems to be leading it I notice does this all the time. Myself and many others just logged or went back to PvE. I guess maybe they need to do so to raise their low self-esteem, or maybe they just always feel the need to demonstrate that they are unstoppable when they outnumber one side. I mean I do not mind dying and given points to the other side. If I had an issue with that I would not have run solo last night. But it is playstyle like that which ruins fun times in the Moors. But it is a creep I do remember from before and nothing has changed. I also agree that sometimes using EC/OC/ or a bridge is not that fun but when one side is way outnumberd like last night it is nice to regroup into the NPCs so we can bring the fight right back, but I guess some just want to wipe everyone and have that one quick slaughter and not a long battle that both sides can enjoy. Again my little rant which is very seldom in the forums.

I also want to apologize to Bava out in front of GV. I was solo and was trying to fight you 1v1 but that other freep jumped in right when you stuned me. Sorry about that because with the position I was at it was a pretty good fight for me. I have no problem fighting 1v1 if I get caught out there roaming around. And BTW most of the time I do die but it is fun. Also another puppy jumped me the other night when I was stealth and AFK near the bears outside of GV and when I got back I was half dead. I have no issue with it because it was my fault but that is why I ran into the bears because I foolish to leave the computer for the moment and really had no chance at that point.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000010b95/01007/signature.png]Jomo[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by SoccerMike View Post
    But what I do not understand is why when something that everyone seems to be enjoying has to be ruined because of one creeps desire to do so. I am not going to call one out but I am sure some know who I am talking about. Last night we had some really good battles between STAB and the crossroads. As a freep we were really outnumbered and 1 creep group would charge in from STAB we would fight them and hold them off just in time for another group to come in from the crossroads. This continued for about 30 mins until one group decided to zerg EC and wipe all the freeps. The same group or individual that seems to be leading it I notice does this all the time. Myself and many others just logged or went back to PvE. I guess maybe they need to do so to raise their low self-esteem, or maybe they just always feel the need to demonstrate that they are unstoppable when they outnumber one side. I mean I do not mind dying and given points to the other side. If I had an issue with that I would not have run solo last night. But it is playstyle like that which ruins fun times in the Moors. But it is a creep I do remember from before and nothing has changed. I also agree that sometimes using EC/OC/ or a bridge is not that fun but when one side is way outnumberd like last night it is nice to regroup into the NPCs so we can bring the fight right back, but I guess some just want to wipe everyone and have that one quick slaughter and not a long battle that both sides can enjoy. Again my little rant which is very seldom in the forums.
    First, I would be willing to bet freeps get a lot more renown from EC zergs than creeps do, but that would be hard to prove.

Saying you want to regroup there seems insincere. Creeps see it as a place where freeps retreat to where you are practically untouchable. I do not see a safe haven around STAB or the Xroads for creeps to retreat (um, regroup) that provides the same cover that freeps enjoy.

If you are concerned about being zerged in EC, get out of there. I know I would appreciate it. Unfortunately, it seems freeps love it in there because they know it is bugged to where NPCs can kill us before we can get a skill off. Also freeps know they can use a hack to get to places creeps can't. When the freeps stop using the bugs and hacks that persist in EC to farm creeps, then you might have a point.

Speaking for myself, if we have the numbers to zerg EC, we will. At times, we might even set up a camp in EC to farm money and materials. Trust me, we do not like going in that hellhole, but many times it is the only option to get freeps out of there.

I would suggest you look at your own side before you accuse others of making the Moors less fun for you.

Heck, in an effort to make the Moors more fun, the creeps hosted Charity Night for the freeps on Monday, Nov. 22. We let you take TR for free. We rolled out the welcome banner. Doled out cookies. Provided random snacks while you were allowed to kill the tyrant. What more could you want?

Jomo - I remember you from a few years ago, and I always thought you were deserving of respect. Perhaps using a less buggy spot for regrouping is a better option (ie. Ost, an OP, etc). Creeps only want to fight - not PvE. So don't hate us for trying to kill every freep we see.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070100000a20dc/signature.png]Pugga[/charsig]

With regards to the exploiting statement, someone runs in and bugs out the npcs is kind of the same thing. But I agree, invalid target and horse rock spots are bs, that's why I avoid the place like the plague. But it's never going to change so let's pretend this never happened.

The problem with it last night was the fight was either against one group of creeps at STAB or another group of creeps at the crossroads. The freeps were way out numbered and continued to fight back and forth. But once our numbers dwindled finally we jumped back into EC until the others could rejoin. I just want to keep the fight going. Could care less if I die or wiping a side. We had a good flow to the battle last night. But sometimes allowing one side to regroup to maintain a good fight does make it more enjoyable.

In the days pasts when I roamed the Moors both sides did that by giving the one TR or Lug so each have a Rez circle. I am also the last one that wants to fight in EC or a Keep. Sometimes when numbers are against you that is all you have and I would rather stay out there instead of sitting at GV not being able to leave.

See I also remeber when the only fight you could find in the Moors day after day was camping Grams and the creeps could not leave. One of the reasons I left freep side for a while. I have no joy fighting at the door of a keep or fort. I also remember the platforms in Isen when freeps would jump creeps or the creeps that would hang out on troll rock near Lug. It goes both ways. But last night the freeps kept coming out until the zerg and alot left. I can understand if the freeps are set on hiding inside EC or any keep and that goes for the creeps in OC or TA, but when the numbers are overwhelming it is nice to have a safety net.

Again I do not mind dying and I can not speak for other freeps out there. I have played both sides for a while and seen both do things that make the Moors unjoyable. Only what I see, but my understanding for PvPing is to fight and the enjoyment I get is when a good fight takes place. Not a zerg just to show you can do it and that is what it appeared like last night. I mean I see people complain all the time about the Moors and on the other servers I play on, but what is the point when the good fight does happen just to have it short lived.

Again everybody has their right to play how they want and I guess to allow them to feel success when so desired by the game. So be it and I understand that. I would hope that more people would want a good fight and one that lasts for a while then having to search out the enemy all over the map with no luck that results only into to flipping an outpost.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000010b95/01007/signature.png]Jomo[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Hootch View Post
    First, I would be willing to bet freeps get a lot more renown from EC zergs than creeps do, but that would be hard to prove.

Saying you want to regroup there seems insincere. Creeps see it as a place where freeps retreat to where you are practically untouchable. I do not see a safe haven around STAB or the Xroads for creeps to retreat (um, regroup) that provides the same cover that freeps enjoy.

If you are concerned about being zerged in EC, get out of there. I know I would appreciate it. Unfortunately, it seems freeps love it in there because they know it is bugged to where NPCs can kill us before we can get a skill off. Also freeps know they can use a hack to get to places creeps can't. When the freeps stop using the bugs and hacks that persist in EC to farm creeps, then you might have a point.

Speaking for myself, if we have the numbers to zerg EC, we will. At times, we might even set up a camp in EC to farm money and materials. Trust me, we do not like going in that hellhole, but many times it is the only option to get freeps out of there.

I would suggest you look at your own side before you accuse others of making the Moors less fun for you.

Heck, in an effort to make the Moors more fun, the creeps hosted Charity Night for the freeps on Monday, Nov. 22. We let you take TR for free. We rolled out the welcome banner. Doled out cookies. Provided random snacks while you were allowed to kill the tyrant. What more could you want?

Jomo - I remember you from a few years ago, and I always thought you were deserving of respect. Perhaps using a less buggy spot for regrouping is a better option (ie. Ost, an OP, etc). Creeps only want to fight - not PvE. So don't hate us for trying to kill every freep we see.
    I also agree about the buggy part of EC. The few times I have been in there lately I can not get my skills off either or for that matter can not target anything. I also have no hate for anyone and that goes for all the freeps that run when the creeps push and I get left behind but oh well and thats my fault for wanting to kill everything that moves, even if it means I die trying to still get the kill. I also only come out there for PvPing.

Again nothing personal just want good fights and when they do happen want them to keep going. I have no issue donating my reknown to the creeps.

EC isn't safe despite appearances and a lone high ranked defiler can run in, aggro most of the npcs, run out, and keep them at bay for probably close to a minute. Health isn't the issue. The problem is running out of power, else it would be a lot longer than a minute.

It's not a matter of being OP as I heard people say I am. lol A lot of freeps can kill me solo. It's just a matter of a lot of those npcs being melee npcs. I can train them around and keep them busy while other creeps go in for kills.

But... I pretty much stopped doing that a long time ago because when on freep side I didn't like when it was done to me. That's one of the benefits of playing both sides. You can see how if feels to be on the receiving end in various situations.

I don't know how any creeps OR freeps can think EC is a safe place for freeps. It only takes one person to run in and get aggro. As long as there is not a lot of focus fire on that one person, or as long as Aelvain isn't in there putting down his stupid traps and slows, the person can probably make it out just fine.

As for creeps not having a nearby place to retreat to, there's almost always a red TA.

As for "letting" the freeps take TR Monday, no that didn't happen. I was relaying Ross's bird's names to the creeps, letting them know that the freeps wanted a rez (not an unreasonable thing to want). It looked like freeps were short on numbers, and I was bored being on the side that had too many, so I flipped over. Then apparently a creep got on his freep and told Ross that creeps would let freeps kill the tyrant but that there would be a battle in the flag room. There were a few creeps who attacked before the tyrant was killed but for the most part it worked as agreed upon.

But in the flag room eventually freeps wiped due to numbers, and TR remained red. There were just too many creeps on. I don't care how much people want to deny that.

But did freeps log after that? No, we stayed and continued fighting.

I wish more people were willing to at least *try* to look at things from the other side's perspective. Doing so would make the game more enjoyable for both sides.
    Last edited by elderlygamer; Nov 24 2010 at 07:45 PM.
    Ijustpassedgas Excuseme
    Yeasty Infection

I wish more people were willing to at least *try* to look at things from the other side's perspective. Doing so would make the game more enjoyable for both sides.
    Well said. A good fight in which both sides are at least semi-close to even, and where the losing side is allowed to regroup once in awhile, can last a long time and be enjoyable for both sides. A one sided steamroll lasts only moments and is only enjoyed by one side, and if it happens enough times the side getting steamrolled will just leave anyway.

dont worry people. only 1 more year of complaining about ec to go till we get a new map!
    then we can find the NEW ec and complain about that!

Page 51 of 274 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 151 ... LastLast