We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 216 of 274 FirstFirst ... 116 166 206 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 226 266 ... LastLast
Results 5,376 to 5,400 of 6835

Thread: Ettenmoors

Quote Originally Posted by nidan007 View Post
    I dont post often, so thisll probably get ignored or dismissed as just a noob commenting.
    Not a single post here shall be ignored!

IMO, the main freep problem is the majority of them play scared. If the groups are anywhere near even, they run or will only fight with NPC help.
    This is true of both sides. If I could only clone myself 11 times...Though I'm sure a lot of creeps are very appreciative of the fact that most freeps don't play their classes to their fullest or anywhere near it.

The creep problem is lack of grouping OUTSIDE of their tribes.
    This is way worse on freepside. If you don't believe me, join one of those, OPEN RAID PST on freepside. L. O. L.

Turbines problem is giving the rewards to the side thats dominating at the time.
    ROR pre u10 creepside anyone? But agreed, these buffs are dumb since the dominating side will always have them.

See! Your post was not ignored!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilantuk View Post
    Sersi where you been? I look for you on the battlefield to heal but I never ever see you on creepside anymore.......
    My warg is hibernating for spring And besides, Sersi always told me somethin' 'bout your healing slime smelled funky, she's expressed she's tired of bathing and would want to avoid such odd smells. Plus I've been passing the time swinging a glowing stick around in one of those Other Games. Though we appreciate that you're missing us soo badly out there that you'd kindly ask!
    Lieutenant Sersi Niflhel · Retired
    "I will give you no quarter, and I will take none."

Quote Originally Posted by radspakr View Post
    You can't accuse Freeps of hugging NPCs because both sides to do it all the time.
    The only time there's no hugging is when there's spars.
    Personally I really hope Turbine does something to cut back on the hugging like removing the 1 shotters or making them melee so they aren't as abusable by both sides.
    I hear what youre saying... but to me it just seems like freeps do it more. Maybe its because im solo 80% of the time. As far as cutting back on that, I dont think changing the 1-shotters is the way to go. If creeps or freeps are at the 1-shotters, then the numbers are very uneven. The -shotters are needed. The NPC hugging at the keeps is the issue.

Runfred - I dont PvMP on my freeps so i didnt realize it was worse on that side Hmm, what do you think about taking away the option to make 12 or 24 person raids? making it only 6 in the moors?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070100001483f0/signature.png]Kaiba[/charsig]
    Orici - Level 85 Minstrel
    Beatrixx - Level 85 Guardian

I hear what youre saying... but to me it just seems like freeps do it more. Maybe its because im solo 80% of the time. As far as cutting back on that, I dont think changing the 1-shotters is the way to go. If creeps or freeps are at the 1-shotters, then the numbers are very uneven. The -shotters are needed. The NPC hugging at the keeps is the issue.

Runfred - I dont PvMP on my freeps so i didnt realize it was worse on that side Hmm, what do you think about taking away the option to make 12 or 24 person raids? making it only 6 in the moors?
    Restricting raid size won't do a thing. People still cluster together, be they solo, small group, or raid.
    Lieutenant Sersi Niflhel · Retired
    "I will give you no quarter, and I will take none."

Quote Originally Posted by xxforcardassia View Post
    Restricting raid size won't do a thing. People still cluster together, be they solo, small group, or raid.
    Yes but the focus-fire wouldnt be the same... or would take much more coordination. But in the end youre right. Any suggestions?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070100001483f0/signature.png]Kaiba[/charsig]

Fighting a side that runs/hugs is not ideal, but there are things you can do. Changing the attitude of a faction takes strong leadership and time.

In the short run,

Set up for open field fights, if the other side wants points they will come. If they begin to run while engaged, it is a nice opportunity to get some easy kills then disengage when the running group has shifted the odds, don't get greedy, rinse, repeat.

Keep your group moving around the battle field, don't be predictable and use scouts. Use your downtime between engagements to take a delving boss and an OP or two. Nothing gets people moving like the other side owning all the buffs. Don't "play fair" by leaving it 2 and 2. If the other side wants the OPs they should have to move and expose themselves to retake them.

Creepside (since that's all I play atm), flay + blight is your friend when fighting heal/tactical biased freep groups. Reavers and BAs need to coordinate VT and DS for quick spikes. Target switching needs to be fast to stay ahead of heals and (depending on the freep group composition) split your focus to put more pressure on their healers, combine focus periodically to quickly drop priority targets.

Just a few thoughts from having success on Elendilmir fighting very powerful freep groups.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208010000259748/signature.png]Huntemup[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by FlyPhish View Post
    Fighting a side that runs/hugs is not ideal, but there are things you can do. Changing the attitude of a faction takes strong leadership and time.

In the short run,

Set up for open field fights, if the other side wants points they will come. If they begin to run while engaged, it is a nice opportunity to get some easy kills then disengage when the running group has shifted the odds, don't get greedy, rinse, repeat.

Keep your group moving around the battle field, don't be predictable and use scouts.

^^^THIS A THOUSAND TIMES
    I don't know or care how things happen on a different server. I just know that when MB groups up and does what Flyphish says here, we have a good time. And not in raid-size groups, because honestly I hate to run more than 6. Our small groups have a good time even when the freeps are raided up. It seems like if we run a small group, eventually we'll find a small group of freeps wanting to play. We DON'T, however, find that small group of freeps by standing at a keep or a rez circle.

When we're not grouped up, I do this all on my own. It doen werk so gud. On the other hand, you know I always find the freeps this way and get a free ride to Grams or a rez circle so it's all ok.

Use your downtime between engagements to take a delving boss and an OP or two. Nothing gets people moving like the other side owning all the buffs. Don't "play fair" by leaving it 2 and 2. If the other side wants the OPs they should have to move and expose themselves to retake them.
    ^^^THIS NOT SO MUCH
    Our dear freeps tend to log or flip if things aren't in their favor. I don't know why, and I don't know any individuals specifically, I just know that if we (creepside) start dominating, that's it. End of playtime. Over. Might as well log because in a few minutes we'll outnumber freeps 20:1. If you can find a fix for that, that would be great. Thanks.

STAND BACK! I'M GOING TO ATTEMPT AN EDIT HERE. BUT THE FORUMS MAY JUST EXPLODE WHEN I HIT SAVE CHANGES.

Maybe grab the Delving buffs on downtime, but honestly anything except 2/2 OPs seems to scare off the freeps.
    Last edited by Lurkerinthemist; Apr 09 2013 at 04:04 PM.
    Clarrow PeopleEater - R12 (resting) BA
    Clarysta
    - Lvl 105 Captain - Wannabe Freep R4
    Twitter - @clarystainsun

8. A key problem I think with the whole hugging issue is the current layout of the moors Lugz,EC,Rez and ROP are far too close together and the same for Rez,OC,TR and IOP which leads to the endless shuffle just like the old days around TA except now there's 2 shuffles and both have 1 shotters.
    This not only encourages hugging and shuffling but has made TA completely useless, I actually miss the TA shuffle sometimes since it was less abusable than the current set up.
    Creeps do it as much as Freeps because usually (somehow people forget this) but it's often the same group of people playing either side and they aren't going to modify their habits for no reason.
    It's half behaviour half design and by Turbine's talk lately we won't be getting any changes to the Moors for a long time to come outside of class changes.
    I also suspect that the class changes aren't just going to be for Freeps, I'd wager Creeps will get a tweak too just not likely as severe.

Factions are just people switching sides does not change the player as much as you might think it does.
    The Lone Wolf
    Radspakr 85 Guardian,Haluilas 82 LM, Varri 65 Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkerinthemist View Post

^^^THIS NOT SO MUCH
    Our dear freeps tend to log or flip if things aren't in their favor. I don't know why, and I don't know any individuals specifically, I just know that if we (creepside) start dominating, that's it. End of playtime. Over. Might as well log because in a few minutes we'll outnumber freeps 20:1. If you can find a fix for that, that would be great. Thanks.

STAND BACK! I'M GOING TO ATTEMPT AN EDIT HERE. BUT THE FORUMS MAY JUST EXPLODE WHEN I HIT SAVE CHANGES.

Maybe grab the Delving buffs on downtime, but honestly anything except 2/2 OPs seems to scare off the freeps.
    And of course the freeps that do this are generally the new ezmoders. But I disagree with keeping it 2/2, use em to your advantage. If theres any decent freeps out they won't log over outpost flipping.

I believe the main problem with freeps atm is just the hording up, its hilarious seeing people post in ooc about starting a raid when they're camping the 3 creeps in lug rez. But oh well, it would be much more interesting if there was a random auto disband out there lol.
    Jag

I dont post often, so thisll probably get ignored or dismissed as just a noob commenting.

IMO, the main freep problem is the majority of them play scared. If the groups are anywhere near even, they run or will only fight with NPC help. If they have a huge advantage and lose a skirmish, they take a 3rd and sometimes a 4th OP.

The creep problem is lack of grouping OUTSIDE of their tribes. Their are times when someone will start an open group, but these groups would be more effective if theyre run by an experienced creep.

Turbines problem is giving the rewards to the side thats dominating at the time. If their are 30 freeps and 10 creeps in the moors, of course theyre going to flip the keeps so they get more renown. of course theyll give themselves the OP advantage. Wanna fix it? Here's an idea (probably flawed) if freeps have TR and Lugs, and creeps flip TR... lugs gets a 25% NPC bonus for 2 hours. Same with LC and TA.
    Woops, double posting ftw.

And its true freeps play scared now, they got the most OP update since RoI and they'll still raid up and gank solos and then log when creeps get more out.

The infamy/renown gain will always go to the dominating side, just gotta deal with it cuz all you'll hear is you need to adapt too it. But turbine won't be changing it anytime soon since they introduced the +100% renown/infamy gain to the store. The keep idea sounds pretty nice, but like all the other nice ideas it won't ever get implemented in.
    Jag

Quote Originally Posted by elderlygamer View Post
    hah I like, I like. I'd do the same type of thing but kinda hard to do that when I don't play a healer.

to the rest of you who ignored me, I hate you all, even more than I hate falling from a really tall leaf in the super adventure box!
    Who is this golden girl. Seriously O_O
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

The problem is that there is no true safety on either side when outnumbered. I once told turbine a few years back to give each npc a bleed when they get agroed so that someone zerging would die about the fifth npc in. How about a 50% healing/dps debuff when you are on the side with the most and outnumber 2 to 1. Take away all of the stupid buffs....just letting the side with most people get ezmode points. Keep auto flips can go too.
    Last edited by puvi; Apr 10 2013 at 07:19 AM.

13. Improving on the Autoflips is a good answer because they seem to autoflip more often towards the dominate side.
    The Lone Wolf

Hats off to all the creeps out last night, especially all those greenies with &&&&&& audacity that repeatedly fought to the death. My warden is so incredibly OP now, even in a pure dps build with less than 800 vit... this is defo worse than RoI. :<
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820701000021f21e/signature.png]Vyturack[/charsig]
    ''Scissors are OP, rock is fine.'' - Paper

Puvii is not in right now he is off killing bugs and mutants...please leave a message and he will get back to you when the next update comes out.....beep

Its never seems to work out when I happen to run into 20v1 at TA lawn, or behind TR rock but, I had a big time blast with the fights tonight. Kept us looking for ya guys and finding a few solo'ers here an there was, well.....

Tks freeps for keeping OP's 2n2.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207010000207a82/signature.png]Anthraxious[/charsig] Reaver-Killanation r10, Black Arrow-Muzeygash-r10, Warleader-Grishski-r10, Defiler-Anthraxious-r12
    "People should not be unfamiliar with strategy, Those who understand it will survive, Those who do not understand it will perish"

17. There was a lotta lotta creep heals yesterday.
    Mums was probably right it was about 3 for every DPS.
    The Lone Wolf

Actually our group only had 2 healers.... thats 2 for 10 of us.

19. So imagined the mass of Defilers and Warleaders?
    The Lone Wolf

There were at least five healers most of the time, six occasionally. I don't know about actually being grouped up in the same group/raid, though, but they were definitely there healing stuff. There was a blob of about 10+ nature running around so I was tracking that and not bipeds, but I can pretty much recall all the defilers and WLs by name if I had to. There were two defilers and two WLs for most the time and towards the end of the time I was there another defiler and WL showed up, bringing it to six healers. But there were only 5-6 of us for most the night and we were getting through the heals and killing plenty of stuff, so they kinda needed it I guess.
    [center]RIP Character signature generator, June 2013.[/center]
    [center]Theiol, Fervar, Turthonn, and Vanka, [i]retired LOTRO[/i]|Croue, Folter, [i]Rift - Shatterbone shard[/i][/center]

Come on now Theiol, We only had the 2 healers in our 10 man grp. But hey, If ya need to clean your goggles, then do so but plz, don't get on here and try and show us that you can name all the healers that were out lastnight. Besides, if there were soloers around, then call them gold taggers, not healers. Or is it that ya just thought the 2 diff grp's out were just one?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207010000207a82/signature.png]Anthraxious[/charsig] Reaver-Killanation r10, Black Arrow-Muzeygash-r10, Warleader-Grishski-r10, Defiler-Anthraxious-r12
    "People should not be unfamiliar with strategy, Those who understand it will survive, Those who do not understand it will perish"

Heh, I remember a bit more than 2 healers.
    Jag

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterSledge View Post
    Come on now Theiol, We only had the 2 healers in our 10 man grp. But hey, If ya need to clean your goggles, then do so but plz, don't get on here and try and show us that you can name all the healers that were out lastnight. Besides, if there were soloers around, then call them gold taggers, not healers. Or is it that ya just thought the 2 diff grp's out were just one?
    I didn't see you out there unless you were on a creep I'm unaware of. I recall quite clearly Ieatleaves (getting pretty good on that WL, btw elves), some other WL with one of those garbled names (started with an R, Ramshakasomething), Darkrapt, Pustule, and Kolthrok. There was another WL who is completely slipping my mind at this point, but he wasn't there for every run in we had either. I'm pretty sure I can count and I was on target assist for picking out healers, so it wasn't hard to see who was with that group. And you're the one with goggles if you're just going to QQ that you had less healers than you really had. I wasn't out there all night, but for the 30-45 minutes or so I was it was the same group every single time we got a fight (the blob of wargs/spiders running around GTR/TR, which btw was easily a 10+ nature group on its own, I had a full page and some extra on my tracking dialogue).

Like I said, may not have been in the same group, but they were focus healing the same targets. But, who cares if you stack healers or not, it's whatever. No one's mad at anyone over it, just at least try not to pad the story if you get rolled repeatedly anyways (thanks U10).
    Last edited by Kajil; Apr 15 2013 at 01:19 AM.
    [center]RIP Character signature generator, June 2013.[/center]
    [center]Theiol, Fervar, Turthonn, and Vanka, [i]retired LOTRO[/i]|Croue, Folter, [i]Rift - Shatterbone shard[/i][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by colefire2 View Post
    Heh, I remember a bit more than 2 healers.
    was 6-8 healers most of the time I was out that I saw.

guess my screen is buggy cuz there was only 2 or maybe my goggles are to fogged up from watching a creep go from 1k health to 27k health in half a sec.. who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by yourmumsbf View Post
    was 6-8 healers most of the time I was out that I saw.

guess my screen is buggy cuz there was only 2 or maybe my goggles are to fogged up from watching a creep go from 1k health to 27k health in half a sec.. who knows?
    I haven't healed less than 26 k in one shot ever. so stay calm - your screen works fine.
    ladies gets heals x 2

Page 216 of 274 FirstFirst ... 116 166 206 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 226 266 ... LastLast