We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 207 of 274 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 217 257 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,175 of 6835

Thread: Ettenmoors

Quote Originally Posted by burzumaz View Post
    Most freeps come to the moors to have a break from the rather boring pve-ing, not to start taking keeps and killing trees etc.
    Turbine should never have introduced this new system, it doesn't make sense that pve-ing in a PVP zone is rewarding and influences PVP.
    Burz, I have to disagree with you here. The waY I see it, you have 3 types of freeps:

1. PvPers (majority of freep population) These freeps play this game to PvP,and most play both sides. They may raid a bit freep side, but its ultimately to get something to enhance their PvP play.
    2. Freeps bored with Pve (the minority of freep population), come out to PvP because there inst anything else to do freep side.
    3. PvErs that are only there to collect comms for gear (less than 5% of freeps...you will usually find these more often on creepside).

The new systems is a objective based system that provides rewards for objectives. (i.e. ren/inf boost for keeps, and mastery for OPs). The point of this was to get people moving around the map, and less static fights at the same place (i.e. EC to TA shuffle pre-update).

Now, until now, this has seem folly as most fighting has occurred between GV and TR, with most at GV. As of lately though, freeps are moving a lot more, and we are getting fights all across the map. With the additive of the objectives, this gives something to fight over, and does create PvP by one side defending what they have and one side pushing. This can become extremely effective at creating PvP when numbers are imbalanced. You will always have groups that will not push into NPCs, or Zerg out a place to get 2 or 3, but we have an opportunity to do better. We have to opportunity to use these map as the Devs intended and actually fight over the objectives.

I just dont think the excuse of "I dont come out here to PvE is going to cut it anymore as you dont have to PvE, per say, to get your gear out here anymore.

Anyways, we make the moors what it is, that is, the players do. I just dont want to see complaining on here about a mechanic that swings both ways, but one side doesnt do it because "they dont feel like it". Does not make much sense to me.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070100001685d8/signature.png]Shaknasty[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet_yo View Post
    That's a pretty ignorant statement. Rank never has and never will equate to a person's skill however, simply stating that creep rank no longer represents an achievement, while inferring that freep rank does, is well stupid.

Flipping keeps, killing delving bosses, and holding outposts is now a part of the new Ettenmoors. I hate PvE in the moors as much as you do, and yet I am constantly going down to the delving to secure a buff, because I evolved along with the changes. You still try and hold that "More holy than thou" attitude, where we chastised those that PvE flipped keeps to obtain commendations. If you don't want to get 5 points a kill when you are out there put the effort in and do something that will give you more, don't expect others to do if for you so that you may reap the benefits of the buff.

Sometimes Fred, I think you still live a home with mommy. You want clean underwear but you don't want to have to go through the hassle of washing it yourself so you ask others to do it for you.
    ^ what he said

werds and rep
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070100001685d8/signature.png]Shaknasty[/charsig]

Rank never has and never will equate to a person's skill...
    ^ That.

Take a look at our highest ranked freep. Ahem. Enough said.

Or people who farm their way to high ranks.

Rank =/= skill.
    [center][IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/dc62au.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=#FF00FF]Creeps: Highly Unimpressed, Babyasparagus, Schleichend | Blood Hand[/color]
    [color=#FF00FF]Freeps: Euphonious-1, Enthralling/-1/-2/-3, Mellifluous-1, Tantalizing-1, Xiexieni | Revolution[/color]
    [/center]

Quote Originally Posted by QueenArleth View Post
    Take a look at our highest ranked freep. Ahem. Enough said.

Rank =/= skill.
    ^Well said. But maybe Uncle Al feels differently. After all. It might take a lot of skill to do the following when attacked. *Low cut. Dazing Blow. Cry of the Hunter. Fleetness. Run away. DF!!!*...... Ahhh victory... lol

That said. In relation to the topic. I like freepside. But there's no point complaining about the inf/renown buffs when they can be changed. Not many people like PvE but if you really wanna get points you'll do it.

(Retired) Arkenstone: Immanitas R12 Burg, Gorbat R12 Reaver, Sueahpro R11 Mini, Falsified R9 RK, -The Blood Hand
    Crickhollow: Orphluk R9 Warg, Orphelun-1 R8 RK. -The Blood Hand.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Moneyforever View Post
    ^Well said. But maybe Uncle Al feels differently. After all. It might take a lot of skill to do the following when attacked. *Low cut. Dazing Blow. Cry of the Hunter. Fleetness. Run away. DF!!!*...... Ahhh victory... lol
    * please note that you must be out of combat to DF, and in order to do so, one must survive, which is the problem with hunters

Bah, but that conversation belongs in the hunter forum lol

I kind of wish the delving bosses were for quests, as in like you get a nice amount of renown/infamy and comms which are quite appealing but don't apply a buff. I don't mind keeps as much, but creeps having the delving boss buffs all the time is slightly irritating, unless I'm on my creep, heh. I'm not one to PvE in the moors, I do enough of that outside of the moors flipping keeps for the rezzes or to deny creeps the chance to turn in quests is alright though if I'm on my freep :P
    [center][IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/dc62au.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=#FF00FF]Creeps: Highly Unimpressed, Babyasparagus, Schleichend | Blood Hand[/color]
    [color=#FF00FF]Freeps: Euphonious-1, Enthralling/-1/-2/-3, Mellifluous-1, Tantalizing-1, Xiexieni | Revolution[/color]
    [/center]

Quote Originally Posted by QueenArleth View Post
    I kind of wish the delving bosses were for quests, as in like you get a nice amount of renown/infamy and comms which are quite appealing but don't apply a buff.
    No, just no

[FYMF squad] Killabees

That's a pretty ignorant statement. Rank never has and never will equate to a person's skill however, simply stating that creep rank no longer represents an achievement, while inferring that freep rank does, is well stupid.

Flipping keeps, killing delving bosses, and holding outposts is now a part of the new Ettenmoors. I hate PvE in the moors as much as you do, and yet I am constantly going down to the delving to secure a buff, because I evolved along with the changes. You still try and hold that "More holy than thou" attitude, where we chastised those that PvE flipped keeps to obtain commendations. If you don't want to get 5 points a kill when you are out there put the effort in and do something that will give you more, don't expect others to do if for you so that you may reap the benefits of the buff.

Sometimes Fred, I think you still live a home with mommy. You want clean underwear but you don't want to have to go through the hassle of washing it yourself so you ask others to do it for you.
    I fail to see the correlation between an objection to pvp-based rewards for pve-based actions and being too lazy to wash your own underwear, even less so why you chose to drag his underwear into the discussion in the first place. You might as well say "well since rank farming is not illegal, it is part of the 'new moors', and you should not chastise people for putting in the effort to create multiple accounts and reaping the benefits if you are too lazy to wash your own underwear, which you should do as often as possible, so as to reap the benefits there-of"

Please sir, I implore you to think things over a bit before parading around with random people's underwear inside this the discussion.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820701000021f21e/signature.png]Vyturack[/charsig]
    ''Scissors are OP, rock is fine.'' - Paper

Quote Originally Posted by Vyturack View Post
    I fail to see the correlation between an objection to pvp-based rewards for pve-based actions and being too lazy to wash your own underwear, even less so why you chose to drag his underwear into the discussion in the first place. You might as well say "well since rank farming is not illegal, it is part of the 'new moors', and you should not chastise people for putting in the effort to create multiple accounts and reaping the benefits if you are too lazy to wash your own underwear, which you should do as often as possible, so as to reap the benefits there-of"

Please sir, I implore you to think things over a bit before parading around with random people's underwear inside this the discussion.

You really don't even think or filter before you spew words out, do you?
    [center][color=#CC3300]Lieutenant Sersi Niflhel[/color] [color=#666699]· [i]Retired[/i][/color]
    [color=#993333]"I will give you no quarter, and I will take none."[/color][/center]

9. I had fun today in the moors I spent longer in their than I usually do, I think I even managed a couple KBs.
    The creeps were tough to beat with all the Defilers and the way they were being guarded it made it really hard to kill anything.
    Everytime I'd go after a healer a warg or 2 would pounce so we ended up having to hug TR and pick off Reavers who were too slow at retreating.

Am I the only one tired of rez camping wargs?
    The Lone Wolf
    Radspakr 85 Guardian,Haluilas 82 LM, Varri 65 Champ

Quote Originally Posted by radspakr View Post
    Am I the only one tired of rez camping wargs?
    Lol. This is not a new concept and has been a complaint for years. Tip: don't leave the rez the same way every time. Us wargs love it when the food is predictable so you combat that by being unpredictable
    [center][color=#CC3300]Lieutenant Sersi Niflhel[/color] [color=#666699]· [i]Retired[/i][/color]
    [color=#993333]"I will give you no quarter, and I will take none."[/color][/center]

How about we leave it at this?
    New moors allows one side to completely dominate the point bonus buffs due to a more active and competitive player base.

It can be safely said that creeps have most of the buffs majority of the time. So props to any of those that have "evolved" to the new system of gaining 3x as much as the other side does.
    Jag

Quote Originally Posted by colefire2 View Post
    How about we leave it at this?
    New moors allows one side to completely dominate the point bonus buffs due to a more active and competitive player base.

It can be safely said that creeps have most of the buffs majority of the time. So props to any of those that have "evolved" to the new system of gaining 3x as much as the other side does.
    This is pretty much it. Most of the creeps that are active and good are, for the most part, full-time creeps and they spend all their time in the moors. They have more down time to flip keeps and get Delving buffs. Freeps PVE out of the moors and do other stuff that doesn't allow them as much time or as many resources to get them, rather than focusing on the moors like people who play only creeps can.
    [center]RIP Character signature generator, June 2013.[/center]
    [center]Theiol, Fervar, Turthonn, and Vanka, [i]retired LOTRO[/i]|Croue, Folter, [i]Rift - Shatterbone shard[/i][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Vyturack View Post
    They say 'Perception is reality'... and as such I suppose you cannot blame someone for the ridiculous amounts of hypocrisy and delusions spewed forth from a twisted reality... if it weren't for the lack of terrible grammar I'd have suspected Sersi is anthraxious, or a close relative...

Just pity them and move on Theiol, you might as well try reasoning with a tree stump, for all the good it will do you.
    After 2 wks off, I come back to see this... Vyt get over yourself and if ya knew how to look up OTHER players toons via the forums, It wouldnt make you to look such the dumbazz half the time. What is it with you? Ya have a Man crush on me or what? I might have to lock my doors now to keep my kids safe from you. Your creeping me out... Ya get it, creeping haha. Now move on fool.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207010000207a82/signature.png]Anthraxious[/charsig] Reaver-Killanation r10, Black Arrow-Muzeygash-r10, Warleader-Grishski-r10, Defiler-Anthraxious-r12
    "People should not be unfamiliar with strategy, Those who understand it will survive, Those who do not understand it will perish"

P0wned!

[FYMF squad] Killabees

Quote Originally Posted by Kajil View Post
    This is pretty much it. Most of the creeps that are active and good are, for the most part, full-time creeps and they spend all their time in the moors. They have more down time to flip keeps and get Delving buffs.
    How hard is it to make a group of 6 freeps and spend the 20 minutes it takes to run down and kill a delving boss? If you grab one or two, then all of a sudden you won't have ole Jaggy-boy over here on the forums crying about his renown gains compared to creeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kajil View Post
    Freeps PVE out of the moors and do other stuff that doesn't allow them as much time or as many resources to get them, rather than focusing on the moors like people who play only creeps can.
    I'm a full time creep but I also PVE on my freep out of the moors. So how is the 20 minutes I spend on my creep killing a delving boss any different to the 20 minutes you could spend killing a delving boss?

I understand where you're coming from though, I do. A good chunk of people come out to the moors to break the monotony of PVE, so they just jump on in and start killing creeps. After a couple of minutes they realize: "hey in the past hour I've made only 100 points." Turbine incentivized the capture and defense of keeps/bosses to break the stab/ec/TA fights. Did you all not get the Memo?
    Last edited by skeetskeet_yo; Jan 30 2013 at 02:57 AM.
    Loki - Voodoo - Cheezy

I think trying to explain to them, Voodoo, is an effort in futility. They want what they want, but don't want to put in the time nor the effort to get it.

It would probably take freeps less time (at least half the time, I'm sure) to blow through all three bosses in the Delving if they took the few minutes to run down there and blow it up. And personally, I think there have been some really fun Delving fights recently, which is a nice change of pace. If freeps would head down there more, they might even -gasp- find some PvP.

No.

They don't want the buffs without the work, they don't want the pve-rewards around at all, or at the very least as an alternative they don't want it to have such a massive impact as it currently has.

I don't really care about the point bonus buffs, although it does slow down freep development a lot, which is bad if we want more new freeps around in this time of general UP-p2p and OP-f2p, there are exceptions to the rule, as with everything, but in general that is the current state of affairs.

The OP buffs need to go though, I hate having to always waste 10-20mins on flipping OP's when I enter the moors just to bring about balanced buffs, I don't want either side to have the edge with OP's, since it either lessens the action or leads to a pve-off. I'd even hate it more if I had to form a raid and waste and hour or 2 everyday to retrieve the freep relic, flip some keeps and pve down a delving boss or 2 before I start, which freeps don't seem to have 90% of the time anyway. Throw into that equation that the creeps can do all this everyday within a large chunk of relatively freep-free time-frame, and the freeps will generally have to so under attack all the while, usually with inferior numbers.

As for saying the freeps should start hugging the delving buff-bosses and OP's for pvp as opposed to just finding it normally, lolwut? get stuffed, , our pvp population is small enough as it is without having to send 2-4 people to every buff point, I'd rather have the stab/ec/TA fights again.

The side with the numbers advantage will inherently also win the pve-off, which brings us back to our server population imbalance, worsened still by easy-moders who'd rather just log/stay on their creep than help out on the freepside when things are one-sided.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820701000021f21e/signature.png]Vyturack[/charsig]

Voodoo and Sersis perhaps you need a little time freeping since pre U9 to realise how stupid most of that talk your saying is. Sure freeps can pve for more buffs in theory, in reality thats a bullcrap statements that you both know isn't doable. Theres wargs everywhere these days watching just about anything that can be taken to lessen creep infamy gain. Creepside has a higher population that plays throughout the day. A group of 6 isnt flipping anything freepside and you both know it. Very easy to be full timing creepside easy moding and complain at freeps that really do have it &&&&&& atm. Sure creeps have had it &&&&&& in the past but they have never ever had it easy mode 3times the renown gain that creeps do now. Throw in the fact that you can mordy brand and run away from that 6 man group of freeps pretty much whenever ya want and renown gain have gotten even worse. I understand the draw to be on the side thats OP all of us have it, but condemning the side that isnt OP when they ask for changes is a bit filthy imo. After all creeps wouldnt be as they are now with out a ton of complaining now would they?
    Formerly Derlan of Arkenstone, Thistlebeard of Crickhollow, Thistlehair of Brandywine. Once again Derlan of Arkenstone. Your Welcome for the $75 WB.

Auzue, Number (Arkenstone)

Derlan, as you have said in the past there is no place for logic here, so stop being logical.

The OP buffs don't bother me as much as the gain buffs. The op's can move the fight around sometimes. As for the Delving bosses loki you know you are just spouting there brother. The few times we have tried to go down there and flip a delving boss with a group of six the creeps have sat back and waited till we pulled then come in with half a raid.

The bottom line is this, creeps have only the moors to pve in, where as freep side has an entire world to pve in which is also a very real part of our LOTRO experience. Defend it all you want, the gain buffs are silly to the point of stupidity. One needs only to browse through the black appendage to see why creeps are defending them so much. The inf to ren gain across the 'majority' of servers is way out of skew.

On the bright side turbine can see this with their metrics and will adjust accordingly so keep getting your ezmode rank ups while you can.

If Speedy Boots is being logical, I'm a green-skinned Orion slave girl.

Personally I really don't want to be PvEing while I'm in the Moors (freep or creep), but I do it anyway to get the gain buffs. So talk all you want, but the fact of the matter is freeps are "lazy" and want the reward without the effort.

Only thing I think that needs to go at this point is the GD auto-flipping &&&&. And OP buffs could use some tweaking; either toned down or capped with 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilantuk View Post
    Voodoo and Sersis perhaps you need a little time freeping since pre U9 to realise how stupid most of that talk your saying is.
    I freep plenty since pre U9 (please see signature below).

Sure freeps can pve for more buffs in theory, in reality thats a bullcrap statements that you both know isn't doable.
    It is do-able in reality, I'm pretty sure I've seen freeps have the buffs before. Therefore do-able.

A group of 6 isnt flipping anything freepside and you both know it.
    Well that's my issue why isn't there? How many fellowships a day are thrown together to run SG, do we not have 6 freeps on our underpopulated server that like to get more points for their pvp?

Very easy to be full timing creepside easy moding and complain at freeps that really do have it &&&&&& atm.
    Freeps have it bad only in regards to renown gains, not balanced pvp. Yes the current set up favors the creeps in acquisition of points, I agree. My ORIGINAL point did not complain at freeps it merely defended the idea that creep rank is not an achievement like freep rank is because of this disparity. While the set up favors us, its not something out of player control.

I understand the draw to be on the side thats OP all of us have it, but condemning the side that isnt OP when they ask for changes is a bit filthy imo.
    I think there should be changes too, please quote one of my posts where it says I don't believe there should be? Where have I condemned the other side? If you want to place my name in your post place please do not misrepresent the things I am saying. I don't condemn anyone for wanting changes, but I'm asking why some are fighting the changes so heavily?

I understand that sometimes wargs will see a group trying to take a delving buff and creeps will show and try to stop you. I think that's called pvp right?
    Loki - Voodoo - Cheezy

Well that's my issue why isn't there? How many fellowships a day are thrown together to run SG, do we not have 6 freeps on our underpopulated server that like to get more points for their pvp?

LOL Loki, this statement right here shows how much time you spend freepside these days. Peace though my friend, change is coming, that's the only thing that is ever certain about LOTRO.

i know how to fix the moors.

1. get rid of every keep and every outpost
    2. cut the map in half
    3. place 1 Keep/outpost in the middle of the map
    4. place an outnumbered buff 5 tiers
    5. fight

there

6. add roaming 1 shots, for giggles

[FYMF squad] Killabees

My goodness, you guys are getting all over Voodoo, but your are not thinking. You guys are still living pre-update where all you had to do was ride to TA (avoid Vulfen and Akart....lol) and stand among various other freeps on TA lawn and faceroll some points for a while.

Here is what you are not understanding: the only thing keeping the points gains the way they are is freeps. Voodoo is saying he doesn't agree with the new system, and I don't really either, but you have to learn to live with what you got. I know Daec goes to the Delving and knocks off a boss or 2 to increase the gains, this isn't hard at all people. Stop sniveling about points if you are not willing to put in the work to get them.

Someone said that freeps pve out of the moors, well so do a lot of creeps. It is ultimately YOUR decision. That is the beauty of this game. If you do not like it, do something about it. If you choose to not come to the moors to flip a keep or knock of a delving boss, so be it, just don't complain about points when you know how to change it. I believe this is what Voodoo is saying.

Now get back to killing.

You're right, we all know what we have to do to 'evolve' with the new moors.

kk, gunna roll a warg tomorow and afk invis camp GV, and pick off the few sorry stragglers I find when I tab over to lotro, during the 2-3mins waiting time while I queue for BG's and arenas in WoW.

Page 207 of 274 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 217 257 ... LastLast