We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 202 of 274 FirstFirst ... 102 152 192 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 212 252 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,050 of 6835

Thread: Ettenmoors

Quote Originally Posted by Kajil View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, hunters don't have omnipotent x-ray vision, if a warg burns sprint from 100 meters away to reach a hunter that had just tracked them, the warg probably won't even have appeared on the mini-map as a dot yet, much less became visible. Hunter track has a massive delay thanks to a lot of nerfing.
    Ignoring the attempt at a condescending "lecture"... this (quoted) is more of a personal issue than one based on your class. That is, your graphics settings, computer's capacity, and any latency or lag. This is a "nerf" created by your own settings and connection speed. Rendering any argument on that "tactic" invalid.

(assuming the hunter doesn't have or doesn't use their own brand, which are far less common freep side with no way to buy them)
    There are these things called NPCs in GV. I know they smell funky, but they actually do sell Insignias that are equivalent to (standard) creep brands. Same commendation cost, same effects, CDs, etc as their mirror brand counterparts on creepside. Freeps can also buy store brands, creeps can buy store brands (albeit they were altered in a recent update). There are two differences between freep and creepside with brands... first (and most obvious) would be the Mordirith's Brands, and contrary to popular belief, not ever single creep has one of these and they are quite rare. Second are the Phials of Akúlhun's Fury. These are on a 2m CD, must be used outside of combat, and a 10s duration (that affords the same benefits of a brand). As a hunter, you should be well aware that 10s can breeze by as if it's nothing, making these pots really not worth the time for most creeps to put the comms into (300 for a stack of 5).

So, sure, just another 'tool' to use, but no one said anything about it being balanced at all. Not saying that the long cooldown brands that are earned are bad either, it's just the non-rank required 5 min cooldown brands that can severely throw some things off kilter. Facing a creep solo that brands every single time you run into them can become extremely frustrating.
    Again, they earned, it why should they not use it? It's really no different from the same freeps we see repeatedly popping store items (pots, brands, etc) over and over until they can escape.

Side note: you really should look into gaining more knowledge about a topic before you try to talk about it. I'd have thought you learned that from the last thread
    [center][color=#CC3300]Lieutenant Sersi Niflhel[/color] [color=#666699]· [i]Retired[/i][/color]
    [color=#993333]"I will give you no quarter, and I will take none."[/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdude101 View Post
    You do realize that creeps can buy the exact same pots in the store right Kilok....? For example I see that defiler Anthraxious popping em like candy as well as Faeluk whatever the warg. Dont give some condescending speech about freeps using store pots when creeps do just as often. And creeps in fact do have a one up on freeps as there IS no freep equivelent to a mords brand..you can get your ranked brand and that is it freep side. And as for your "they are rare" speech, there are many creeps that now posses one. In my tribe alone there are a good amount of people with them.
    Since you love to namedrop my tribe, I want to clarify that the wargs i was bitchn about were from BH, tootles

[FYMF squad] Killabees

Quote Originally Posted by xxforcardassia View Post
    Ignoring the attempt at a condescending "lecture"... this (quoted) is more of a personal issue than one based on your class. That is, your graphics settings, computer's capacity, and any latency or lag. This is a "nerf" created by your own settings and connection speed. Rendering any argument on that "tactic" invalid.

There are these things called NPCs in GV. I know they smell funky, but they actually do sell Insignias that are equivalent to (standard) creep brands. Same commendation cost, same effects, CDs, etc as their mirror brand counterparts on creepside. Freeps can also buy store brands, creeps can buy store brands (albeit they were altered in a recent update). There are two differences between freep and creepside with brands... first (and most obvious) would be the Mordirith's Brands, and contrary to popular belief, not ever single creep has one of these and they are quite rare. Second are the Phials of Akúlhun's Fury. These are on a 2m CD, must be used outside of combat, and a 10s duration (that affords the same benefits of a brand). As a hunter, you should be well aware that 10s can breeze by as if it's nothing, making these pots really not worth the time for most creeps to put the comms into (300 for a stack of 5).

Again, they earned, it why should they not use it? It's really no different from the same freeps we see repeatedly popping store items (pots, brands, etc) over and over until they can escape.

Side note: you really should look into gaining more knowledge about a topic before you try to talk about it. I'd have thought you learned that from the last thread
    Can't tell if trolling, or...

All I'm going to say is, firstly, hunter tracked is moors nerfed. Since you're such an expert on hunters and also my computer (somehow?), I figured you'd know that hunter track doesn't appear for roughly 5~ seconds after you select a target. This ONLY occurs in the moors. Computer settings have absolutely no bearing on this, unless it only happens when you run max settings on DX 11 with 60+ frames per second, since that's obviously terrible.

And Grush already said it, but there's no freep equivalent of the loot box brand, it is extremely common for how much freeps would have to work to get one, which would be rank 15.
    [center]RIP Character signature generator, June 2013.[/center]
    [center]Theiol, Fervar, Turthonn, and Vanka, [i]retired LOTRO[/i]|Croue, Folter, [i]Rift - Shatterbone shard[/i][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Frankj45 View Post
    Since you love to namedrop my tribe, I want to clarify that the wargs i was bitchn about were from BH, tootles
    I don't think he's trying to namedrop anyone specific, just giving examples. He did say that many people in his tribe possess them as well, on top of that. Chill. They're used by pretty much anyone that has one, regardless of tribe, but it doesn't make it any less irritating.

Basically they can't be countered by anything freeps have 1v1 and that's the problem. Until we finally get access to 1st age LIs and our real endgame gear, anyways.
    Last edited by Kajil; Jan 10 2013 at 01:44 PM.
    [center]Theiol, Fervar, Turthonn, and Vanka, [i]retired LOTRO[/i]|Croue, Folter, [i]Rift - Shatterbone shard[/i][/center]

I don't think he's trying to namedrop anyone specific, just giving examples. He did say that many people in his tribe possess them as well, on top of that. Chill. They're used by pretty much anyone that has one, regardless of tribe, but it doesn't make it any less irritating.

Basically they can't be countered by anything freeps have 1v1 and that's the problem. Until we finally get access to 1st age LIs and our real endgame gear, anyways.
    This is a creep matter, stay on your side.

[FYMF squad] Killabees

Too much anger. In the wise words of a friend. "I'mma need yall to calm down"
    2 points I'd like to make

1. I understand freep frustration with mordy brands. They were instituted in a time past where creeps were ridiculously underpowered. If you think they weren't you're simply ignorant plain and simple. However, the reality has changed and now creeps R6ish (depending on the skill of the player) always have a fighting chance against solo freeps. So obviously yes the mordy brand makes it an uneven fight. That's just the way it is. It's part of the game right now. Just like a turtling warden is part of the game. Life goes on. Taking a death isn't the end of the world. If it bothers you too much. Group to find and kill them or put a bounty on them. Whatever floats your boat.

2. Creepside. Let's not get too busy fighting each other. The nerf will come someday and we'll need each other again Obviously there's no need for us to trash talk each other's tribe for real or imagined offenses. And Killa. I'm one of those BH wargs. And I absolutely acknowledge I use an infuriating play style. However I neither have a mordy brand nor rank brand. I do not use store items. And I do not run from a 1v1 if I initiated it. That's not really relevant. Just wanted to clear the air. Just no reason for BH and MB to dislike each other. We're on the same side. It's friendly competition for how many freeps we can kill

In summary... Let's chill out and kill each other.

(Retired) Arkenstone: Immanitas R12 Burg, Gorbat R12 Reaver, Sueahpro R11 Mini, Falsified R9 RK, -The Blood Hand
    Crickhollow: Orphluk R9 Warg, Orphelun-1 R8 RK. -The Blood Hand.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Moneyforever View Post

2. Creepside. Let's not get too busy fighting each other. The nerf will come someday and we'll need each other again Obviously there's no need for us to trash talk each other's tribe for real or imagined offenses. And Killa. I'm one of those BH wargs. And I absolutely acknowledge I use an infuriating play style. However I neither have a mordy brand nor rank brand. I do not use store items. And I do not run from a 1v1 if I initiated it. That's not really relevant. Just wanted to clear the air. Just no reason for BH and MB to dislike each other. We're on the same side. It's friendly competition for how many freeps we can kill

In summary... Let's chill out and kill each other.
    Oh you didnt like me mentioning your tribe in my post? interesting

Enough of this jibber jabber, time to kill freeps, I have ran out of hope.

[FYMF squad] Killabees

8. Guuuuys Nerrun beat me up.
    The Lone Wolf
    Radspakr 85 Guardian,Haluilas 82 LM, Varri 65 Champ

lol few days ago I saw 3 rank 8+ wargs brand to take down 1 RK... sad

they should shorten brand times to 10-20 sec
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820701000021f21e/signature.png]Vyturack[/charsig]
    ''Scissors are OP, rock is fine.'' - Paper

Quote Originally Posted by Vyturack View Post

^this. Just like they did to store brands for freeps.

Have you ever fought a rk that has that stun armour (or whatever the hell that is - I don't actively play my rk, I am therefore out of touch with new gear, skills, etc, but it is a recent thing) as a warg? You basically get perma-mezzed and it is *not* fun to be reminded of the old days as we helplessly watch ourselves get blown to bits because of it.

And just because multiple wargs pounce something doesn't mean they're grouped and 'planning' any of it. More often than not lately its coincidence and simply due to a(n unfortunate) high population of wargs on Ark.

Also I disagree that normal brand durations need to be decreased. That would leave creeps at a sore disadvantage. The majority of CC in this game really are stuns/mezzes (even knockdowns) and any freep that is or is packing a lm has a permanent immunity to these things (or anywhere from 30s - 1m30s depending on their setup and if its not spammed). So you're really going to sit there and tell me it's fair to allow freeps a perma-immunity and 1m to 'too OP' for creeps? Please.
    Last edited by xxforcardassia; Jan 11 2013 at 11:43 AM.
    [center][color=#CC3300]Lieutenant Sersi Niflhel[/color] [color=#666699]· [i]Retired[/i][/color]
    [color=#993333]"I will give you no quarter, and I will take none."[/color][/center]

So you're really going to sit there and tell me it's fair to allow freeps a perma-immunity and 1m to 'too OP' for creeps?
    I do indeed. I consider myself a creep, just playing freepside atm to help with the population imbalance that's occurred since RoR, and I have no problem with freeps having ONE stun immune from an LM. My biggest problem with brands is that it also make people immune to slows, essentially making them unkillable if they run away should they pop a sprint, or aoe slow, or just have an inherently faster move speed than most classes (spiders especially... and they can combat burrow for a full heal and pop regular brand everytime, and CC like mad).

If people were using their brands to kill instead of running away it also wouldn't bother me as much, but a lot of people seem to be crazy scared of dying these days, and pop their mord brands and run as soon as they take 2-3 hits, even in group-vs-group action.

On that note I also agree with what's been said earlier, that the mordirith brand is by far too common than it should be... and I reckon that such a major combat buff should either burn out after 20-50 uses or something, or they should give it the same cooldown as regular brand of that player's rank, but still allow it to be used in combat. Reward people for pvp as well, not just luck or hours of pve'ing for lootboxes.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820701000021f21e/signature.png]Vyturack[/charsig]

I don't know why I even post in this thread I defend myself from a lamer who thinks to call me out and my post gets banned. Turbine work on fixing your game more then policing your forums and you may have happier clients who don't post trash that needs policing.
    Formerly Derlan of Arkenstone, Thistlebeard of Crickhollow, Thistlehair of Brandywine. Once again Derlan of Arkenstone. Your Welcome for the $75 WB.

Auzue, Number (Arkenstone)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilantuk View Post
    I don't know why I even post in this thread I defend myself from a lamer who thinks to call me out and my post gets banned. Turbine work on fixing your game more then policing your forums and you may have happier clients who don't post trash that needs policing.
    HAH! Take that! All hail the GW2!!!!!

Silly Derlan, forum policing and in-game profanity policing come before game play, you know this! It's because this is where all the good pvp takes place, if you can bring yourself to read the walls of broken English text.
    [B][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2]The spider formerly known as Morthil[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#e6e6fa][SIZE=2]
    Arkenstone[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2] - Grishlath [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#e6e6fa][SIZE=2]Landroval[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2] - Xenisthis, Raivotar, Skarsgoth, Shaplash
    Primordial Darkness - The One Man Solo Tribe
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#B22222][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

I do indeed. I consider myself a creep, just playing freepside atm to help with the population imbalance that's occurred since RoR, and I have no problem with freeps having ONE stun immune from an LM. My biggest problem with brands is that it also make people immune to slows, essentially making them unkillable if they run away should they pop a sprint, or aoe slow, or just have an inherently faster move speed than most classes (spiders especially... and they can combat burrow for a full heal and pop regular brand everytime, and CC like mad).
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if someone pops a sprint when slowed (or someone tries to slow one who has popped a sprint), the sprint effect will always override the slow. I know for wargs, this is the case (and why I trait for the lowered CD on sprint, as I use it offensively more than defensively) and from experience trying to catch a sprinting champ, know that slows do not effect their sprint either.

As reasonable an idea as that is for the Mord Brand, it probably involves too much coding to really be put into place (though perhaps not, I am not a coder and not aware of any limitations, or not, that the devs may have on such a feature in the game). At the very least, I don't disagree that it could share a CD with normal brands and still be just as potent an item for the creeps that do have it to utilize.

Unrelated:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilantuk View Post
    So don't post trash for them to police and maybe they can put less resources into watching the forums

Quote Originally Posted by xxforcardassia View Post
    Have you ever fought a rk that has that stun armour (or whatever the hell that is - I don't actively play my rk, I am therefore out of touch with new gear, skills, etc, but it is a recent thing) as a warg? You basically get perma-mezzed and it is *not* fun to be reminded of the old days as we helplessly watch ourselves get blown to bits because of it.

And just because multiple wargs pounce something doesn't mean they're grouped and 'planning' any of it. More often than not lately its coincidence and simply due to a(n unfortunate) high population of wargs on Ark.

Also I disagree that normal brand durations need to be decreased. That would leave creeps at a sore disadvantage. The majority of CC in this game really are stuns/mezzes (even knockdowns) and any freep that is or is packing a lm has a permanent immunity to these things (or anywhere from 30s - 1m30s depending on their setup and if its not spammed). So you're really going to sit there and tell me it's fair to allow freeps a perma-immunity and 1m to 'too OP' for creeps? Please.
    Armour of Storm, 'stun armour', has been around for a long time, and skilled wargs have nailed me without brands even when I've used it. There are counter-move to it, as there are to other types of CC, without using brands. Armour of Storm last 20 seconds. It has a 30% chance of putting a 5 second daze on your opponent when you take melee damage. This daze is always broken after 2 seconds on damage. This can certainly slow your opponent down, but it's cetainly not going to come close to perma-mezzing them, either. There are several ways it can be countered by a warg easily enough.

I'm not a fan of brands at all, but what would be so bad about at least decreasing their duration to about 20 seconds? RK's are a kiting class, and their CC skills play a key part of their ability to kite effectively and survive in various situations. Most of the to-the-death fights I have with wargs last a minute or less before someone dies...... sometimes them, sometimes me A brand giving a warg full immunity to CC for the duration of the fight is going to give them a really Big advantage againts a kitng class that relies on CC to survive. So sure, branding up before the fight can significantly improve someone's chances of winning the fight, or being able to bail out of the fight if someone wants to.That's a Very low Risk/Very high Success Potential proposition.... but is that good PvP?!?!?!
    Last edited by Nouri; Jan 11 2013 at 08:00 PM.

Casinoari - Rank 15 RK
    Malakorou - Rank 10 Defiler
    Casinari - Original Challenger of Saruman Minstrel

Don't feel bad Derlan, they delete half my posts as well, usually for some reason so unfathomable that I wonder if they don't pick them at random.

and yes, slows don't work on sprints, but you can hit them with a slow before they get out of range, and most slows are longer than most sprints (legacy'd champ sprint being the exception), I've caught a lot of guards/wargs after their sprint ran out thanks to slows.

Good to see you agree on some of the brand nerfs at least, not that it matters, Turbine won't do anything about it anytime soon. They might even give freepside a similar brand, screwing pvp further instead of getting to the root of the problem.

great 6v1 warg pack there.. its nice to know wile fighting 6 wargs they all need to hips and sprint and then call a creep raid.

good job guys keeping it real

did i just see a 9 ranked dog pack?
    Last edited by yourmumsbf; Jan 11 2013 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yourmumsbf View Post
    great 6v1 warg pack there.. its nice to know wile fighting 6 wargs they all need to hips and sprint and then call a creep raid.

good job guys keeping it real

did i just see a 9 ranked dog pack?
    Its almost as good as the repeated TR farming. New Moors sucks!
    Jag

Quote Originally Posted by colefire2 View Post
    Its almost as good as the repeated TR farming. New Moors sucks!
    its not so much the new moors is how people are playing in the new moors that makes it suck and till people stop playing like they are its gona stay that way.
    shout out to patme for being the only warg i have seen in ages not hipsing away even when you are outnumbered

Thumbs up Good fights

Long long long time since I have posted in this thread. Just wanted to give a shout out to the creeps today. It was pretty fun, you guys gave us some good fun. I hope to be out there more to bring a good change to the moors.

See ya in the moors.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000083fbc/01007/signature.png]Tyronetheone[/charsig]

'Chosen to Serve, Inspired to Lead'

So does turbine look at a post and decide "Hey I want to delete that". Ive had like 3 recent posts just go poof no explanation anything.
    [IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/2ypcay0.jpg[/IMG]

Grushmun-1 - Rank 13 Reaver, Bayoneta-1 Rank 10 LM, Bayoneta-2 Rank 9 Hunt, Halindale-2 Rank 9 Capt.

So does turbine look at a post and decide "Hey I want to delete that". Ive had like 3 recent posts just go poof no explanation anything.
    Stay Classy Turbine
    Jag

I don't think they like people singling others out or talking bad about certain people. If you have problems with others just talk to them about it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820701000020bce7/signature.png]Brolluk[/charsig]

Someone didn't like what you said and reported it, typically. Check your inbox, you might get notified. The butthurt is strong around here. I got a message from a community moderator when one of mine was deleted.

Page 202 of 274 FirstFirst ... 102 152 192 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 212 252 ... LastLast