We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 185 of 274 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 195 235 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,625 of 6835

Thread: Ettenmoors

Quote Originally Posted by Wilantuk View Post
    I acctually reported him today and got a reply to the tune of, multiboxing however unsportsmenlike it seems in the ettenmoors is not against turbines rules. Not exactly those words but that was the message. Turbine will do nothing against multiboxers because its not breaking any rules they have.
    I try and follow the code of conduct that I agree to in any game that I play to the best of my abilites I also follow my own set of personal ethics that have been shaped by all of the experinces in my life. That being said if turbine says its not breaking any of there rules then I will accept there judgment with the full understanding that they are after all a company thats main purpose is to make a profit for the owners / shareholders.

But just because I have to accept that it is not breaking any rules in no way makes me like it or have to support it I will not heal bubble group or otherwise enable another player who rank farms or multi boxes I have not seen this reaver train in the moors but if i do I will pull back to a keep and let the freeps deal with them with out any fear of me jumping in

Quote Originally Posted by ronald20736 View Post
    I also follow my own set of personal ethics that have been shaped by all of the experinces in my life.
    I think this explains a lot.

re: multi-boxing and rank farming, turbine doesn't care so don't bother reporting. i'm sure they like multi-boxers since it means more money. if you can get the multi-boxer or rank farmer to type a curse word in chat, then turbine might ban the person. glad they got their priorities straight!

/sigh

Sadly this multiboxing can only lose them money. He is on F2P accounts so no income for turbine, he stresses the resources of the load the ettenmoors can handle causing lag and play imbalance numbers like the outnumbered buff to happen when thats not really the case. Turbine will lose money by supporting multiboxing because it will encourage people that dislike it to going to spend money on different games.

There were some fun spars outside EC today. Multiboxer showed up and I was happy to see that creeps didn't help him at all as all parts of him were killed multiple times!

there were some cool fights, really lame that duin kept interrupting them. Apparently that joke is trying to be the most notorious rank farmer or some thing like that, pretty funny that he acts like he's accomplishing something

Multi-boxing shouldn't be allowed - here's why

I acctually reported him today and got a reply to the tune of, multiboxing however unsportsmenlike it seems in the ettenmoors is not against turbines rules. Not exactly those words but that was the message. Turbine will do nothing against multiboxers because its not breaking any rules they have.
    Here is some info that should be quoted when reporting the multi-boxer (and yes, I think he should continue to be reported and here is why.)

Turbine's Code of Conduct states the following:

1. While participating in the Game or on the Game Website you must respect the rights of others to play and enjoy the Game world as intended by Turbine.

4. While playing the Game or participating in related services, you may not exhibit or partake in behavior that is disruptive to the Game’s normal playability, causes grief or alarm to other players, or degrades the service performance or other players’ client software (for example, deliberately using game bugs or loopholes to disrupt the game or dropping excessive items).

18. You may not create, post, use or distribute any utilities, emulators or other third party software tools without the express written permission of Turbine (including, without limitation, macroing programs, botting programs, server emulators, client hacks, map hacks, and data gathering utilities).

Now having seen this multi-boxer once I can say that they must be using some kind of software or macroing program to make all of their toons execute the same skill at the same time. This person has violated the Code of Conduct, unless LotRO and WB want to come forward and change it and say that "anything goes".

Everyone can read the CoC at http://www.lotro.com/support/1033-coc
    [IMG]http://ttcdreams.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/lotrosig.jpg[/IMG]

Sadly this multiboxing can only lose them money. He is on F2P accounts so no income for turbine, he stresses the resources of the load the ettenmoors can handle causing lag and play imbalance numbers like the outnumbered buff to happen when thats not really the case. Turbine will lose money by supporting multiboxing because it will encourage people that dislike it to going to spend money on different games.
    If there are 5 people on each side fighting, there's still lag. I don't think a multi-boxer is gonna impact turbine's server that much when the servers/systems are already @*#& to begin with. As for people going elsewhere, that'll happen with or without multi-boxing. lol

and Peanuts is awesome!

PEANUTS!!!
    Last edited by elderlygamer; Jul 26 2012 at 01:42 AM.

I <3 Peanuts too Homer! I know Daec does sometimes too and good on him for admitting it!

Had a good time last night, thanks for the group

There has been some chatter in freep OOC over the last few days that people need to re-learn how to group up out there and I think its true. I am as guilty as some for soloing more than I group and goodness knows when I group with my LM I dont want to trait debuffs & mezzes :/ I'll have to rethink that one myself...however, when I group up with my mini or capn in the future I'll be sure to play the proper role with the heals and the support etc. As best I can tell from the Dev Diary and from what I hear from creepers is that creepside will be getting buffed A LOT. Add this to the reality that creepside leadership has its act together much, much better than freepside leadership and I worry my dear freeps will be stuck like deer in headlights once we all hit 85 and hit the moors again. It takes a different kind of person to be able to lead a pug raid whether its pvp or pve. If you're that guy or girl, take a chance and put together a raid or two...there is definitely room in Ark PVP for a couple solid leaders.

So a couple other comments I guess...when a freep asks a question in OOC dont ridicule them because you think they are stupid...answer to help not to be a smartash. We all asked goofball questions when we first started PVP-ing. When a freep asks if there is a raid out and there is, invite them to it! Give a new person a shot...if they dont listen or dont follow directions, give them a warning or ask them politely to do so(whichever is your style)...if they still dont, boot them! When a freep asks if theres a raid out and there is not, tell them no. If a freep asks for a raid invite and there is no need for a raid because of numbers, explain it. And also when a raid comes up on a soloer let them pick up their troll heads or sticks or ore and then kill them...much more civilized!
    [URL="http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php"][IMG]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/6/2/0/3/5/5562035EsfXx.png[/IMG][/URL]

i have been trying to get people to group up for weeks on freep side.. most of the time i cant even get a duo going... and what do i get for trying to make groups... HATE.... so why sould anyone else try. why try get people to group if all they are gona do is hate on you.. sigh i try my best

Quote Originally Posted by yourmumsbf View Post
    i have been trying to get people to group up for weeks on freep side.. most of the time i cant even get a duo going... and what do i get for trying to make groups... HATE.... so why sould anyone else try. why try get people to group if all they are gona do is hate on you.. sigh i try my best
    From what I've seen, most of the time when you make groups it's at not-so-peak hours early in the day (east coast time, anyway) when not many ranked creeps are on and it ends up becoming a TA turtle.

Shoot Mum, I'll duo with ya anytime. And yeah, I noticed some hate towards you last night... couldn't quite figure out why though. Can't we all just get along and kill creepies??
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000108297/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    R10 Waden Dirtdiver || R7 Hunter Eleon || R5 RK Hybridd || R4 Champ Ubermorgan

You still owe me 20g.

Quote Originally Posted by Kajil View Post
    You still owe me 20g.

ok have 50g since i forgot

multiboxing in lotro is a bit harder than WoW, and there are fewer scripts around that's designed for it.

He probably uses F1 and a key-bound /follow to move the bunch around with the main char, and then use the auto-face enemy feature.

I've run across his reavers before when they were still 8, as a warden he just kills himself on my reflects and leeches so I've never bothered kiting him, but I can almost guarantee that if you don't approach him and kite him at angles he won't be able to follow you farther than 10-20m without his reavers spreading out in a 180° arc, since there's no good way to chase a strafing target with melee classes, or keeping all your chars on the exact same course (since you can't /follow an enemy char), without using illegal auto-correcting/positioning software (which probably doesn't exist for a game as small as lotro).

What he needs to do is get ba's or spiders, then he'd be dangerous.

just kill the main reaver then range the rest....it would probably best not to tell people how to multibox...just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by puvi View Post
    just kill the main reaver then range the rest....it would probably best not to tell people how to multibox...just a thought
    ^ this

maybe, but if he is any good he'd have 1-2 back up leaders with movement keys bound to something like TFGH or IJKL

and I just outlined the basics so that people can understand how to counter the flaws :P

Quote Originally Posted by Vyturack View Post
    maybe, but if he is any good he'd have 1-2 back up leaders with movement keys bound to something like TFGH or IJKL

and I just outlined the basics so that people can understand how to counter the flaws :P
    My first exp with him was yesterday. I tried the whole kill the leader thing. It does not appear to work, another one just took his place.

Nice Daec! didnt know this, i feel like this is embarrasing he was telling everyone not to support rank farmer and look at this

Hahahaha, what a little &&&&&.

Did Lotro just take down your screenshot Daec? lol

Well i got about 5 screenshots of those two in the Hoardale river with the Reaver Train.

New Rk to add to the koS list

Annd welcome back Blodshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankj45 View Post
    Did Lotro just take down your screenshot Daec? lol

Well i got about 5 screenshots of those two in the Hoardale river with the Reaver Train.

New Rk to add to the koS list

Annd welcome back Blodshot.
    I will not discuss moderator actions

Btw Balin since my post quoting yours was removed, you had the wrong r11 rk.
    Last edited by Daec; Jul 28 2012 at 08:39 PM.

Last time I remember somebody posting on forums about a rank farmer they had the names up and everything, so it's somewhat understandable that mods took it down. But you had everything blanked out and all, so I really don't see the problem. Still, thanks for letting those of us who check forums several times a day know!

Quote Originally Posted by Fafoo View Post
    Last time I remember somebody posting on forums about a rank farmer they had the names up and everything, so it's somewhat understandable that mods took it down. But you had everything blanked out and all, so I really don't see the problem. Still, thanks for letting those of us who check forums several times a day know!

Exploiting is perfectly acceptable. Showing proof of exploiters is not.

One thing you can say about SWTOR, I have seen the most vile things posted in General chat and no one gets reported. Wish Turbine would grow thicker skin.
    Chieftain Akart, Servant of [B]Fernando the Benevolent[/B] and [B]Chester the Sleepy Squirrel[/B]

Page 185 of 274 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 195 235 ... LastLast