We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 177 of 274 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 187 227 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,425 of 6835

Thread: Ettenmoors

Take Care Stoners, enjoy our beloved playground for me while I check in for AWOL

Evidently some young chick thought that I didn't want the use of my right hand for 6-8 weeks (or that I didn't want to live) when she pulled out onto the highway infront of cars moving at 60 mph. So, alas, I'm short a car and a right hand for awhile! (kinda funny typing this up with a single finger on my left hand though). Thankfully though (other than stitches, bruises and such) and that hand, I got to walk away from the crash.

Take care of our playground for me, and I hope to be back out there winning friends (yeah right) soon enough.

Sorry to fill the board with personal drama - might be awhile before I can sign into the client to tell tribe/kin that MIA I will be.

Enjoy your July 4ths and our PvP - because regardless of how bad it is, we do still keep coming back! I'll see ya peeps!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070100001109d4/signature.png]Biglebowskii[/charsig]

The Immortals Lebowski clan
    Forum's Cupcake

Take care lebowski, let's hope for a speedy recovery man. That idiot driver better have payed up for your medical and car expenses. Is amazing how easy people get driver licenses these days...

Anyways, best luck to you and, yeah, though our PvP sucks a lot, we do definitely keep coming back, like it's an old habit ingrained in us.

Good luck brother. Wishing you a speedy recovery, and glad you came out of the incident alive and well.
    (signature removed due to poor data management)

Blacktoegash, Blackspeak, Stenchofdeath, Blacktoes, etc ELENDILMIR

Quote Originally Posted by phuffdaddy View Post
    Take Care Stoners, enjoy our beloved playground for me while I check in for AWOL

Evidently some young chick thought that I didn't want the use of my right hand for 6-8 weeks (or that I didn't want to live) when she pulled out onto the highway infront of cars moving at 60 mph. So, alas, I'm short a car and a right hand for awhile! (kinda funny typing this up with a single finger on my left hand though). Thankfully though (other than stitches, bruises and such) and that hand, I got to walk away from the crash.
    Holy &&&& Lebowski, that's awful. Take care of yourself and get better soon.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000108297/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    R10 Waden Dirtdiver || R7 Hunter Eleon || R5 RK Hybridd || R4 Champ Ubermorgan

Do I understand this correctly??? THe infamous warg is running around on 3 paws? I hope this slows his sprint just enough that I can catch him as he runs from my guard alone :P

Nah wishing you a speedy recovery man... will miss your pounce in the moors.

aww Bigle! Glad youre safe and mostly sound. Take care of yourself!
    [URL="http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php"][IMG]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/6/2/0/3/5/5562035EsfXx.png[/IMG][/URL]

Here's to a speedy recovery for ya, Big, hope all is well for you soon
    [center][color=#CC3300]Lieutenant Sersi Niflhel[/color] [color=#666699]· [i]Retired[/i][/color]
    [color=#993333]"I will give you no quarter, and I will take none."[/color][/center]

Fear not Biggie, even though I'm bored of this game again already, I'll hold down the fort and try to keep the three active players we have left in tribe from leaving. I wish your right hand a speedy recovery from that masturbating incident -I mean car accident.

Also this "young chick" that pretty much tried to kill you and everyone else with her superb driving skills. How young we talking? Your wife - is she open to a threesome? Milk your injury for all it's worth.

All joking aside, glad you're alright and look forward to your return. You and that one other guy make tribe chat interesting.
    [B][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2]The spider formerly known as Morthil[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#e6e6fa][SIZE=2]
    Arkenstone[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2] - Grishlath [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#e6e6fa][SIZE=2]Landroval[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2] - Xenisthis, Raivotar, Skarsgoth, Shaplash
    Primordial Darkness - The One Man Solo Tribe
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#B22222][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Fun fights tonight I am finally catching on to the logic of just logging off with most of the other creeps when the pve raid starts to form and makes people log from boredom so they can flip the map blue without any fighting.
    ~Cazper~

Women drivers, am I right Dude.
    Chieftain Akart, Servant of [B]Fernando the Benevolent[/B] and [B]Chester the Sleepy Squirrel[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by ronald20736 View Post
    Fun fights tonight I am finally catching on to the logic of just logging off with most of the other creeps when the pve raid starts to form and makes people log from boredom so they can flip the map blue without any fighting.
    If a raid attacks a place and you don't come to defend it, that's your choice. You are, by your inaction, choosing to make it a non-PvMP event. Don't blame the raid just because it's not doing what you think it should be doing. Sorry, but you don't always get to choose when and where the battles will take place. It doesn't work that way.

This goes for those on Freep side too, who refuse invites to a raid but then think its cool to make snarky comments in OOC about what the raid should or should not be doing. If you want to play solo, that's fine. I would never deny anyone the right to play how they want. But by the same token, you don't get to tell the raid how it should be playing either. You play how you want, but we're going to play how we want as well. As for me personally, I enjoy the comraderie within the raid as much as the battles with the other side. And I'm sure that's true for the others as well. So type in OOC all you want, but you're wasting your time. We're not going to stop playing how we want just to suit you. All you're accomplishing is making yourself look whiney & self-centered.

I have to say, coming back after being out of the game for over a year, the biggest change I've noticed is the self-indulgent QQ-ing by certain individuals on both sides. There's always been complaining in the Moors, it comes with the territory. Sometimes people just need to vent, I got that. But I'm talking about the nature of it these days. "Wah wah, why can't the Moors be my personal sandbox where everyone plays the way I think they should? I'll call them PvEers and the 'fRaid' in OOC, that'll show them!"

If the above applies to you (you know who you are) then your problem lies with you and not with other players. And if you can't get over it and decide to log out or change servers, then don't let the logout screen hit you in the backside on the way out. Good riddance... I'm happy play with (and against) a smaller group of players who always bring it, no matter what, and say goodbye to the self-centered narcissists who somewhere along the way got the idea that the Moors is all about them.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082050000000024c4/01003/signature.png]Nelbon[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by MrFrump View Post
    If a raid attacks a place and you don't come to defend it, that's your choice. You are, by your inaction, choosing to make it a non-PvMP event. Don't blame the raid just because it's not doing what you think it should be doing. Sorry, but you don't always get to choose when and where the battles will take place. It doesn't work that way.
    Not sure who you are dont care who you are my problem with the so called pve raid is this. There main strat intentionally or not is to kill whatever action is going on so most creeps just get bored and log like last night when the freep raid that had numbers over the creep's and had just wiped most of the pugs in a open field fight just sat in front of tr spam tracking for over 30 minutes then rode around doing nothing for 15 minutes then they procede to try and flip the map blue because most of the creeps got bored and them being real life people that are playing a video game to relax and spend some time having fun came to the conclusion that there were other ways to spend there time and logged.

I will agree that taking keeps is a integral part of our pvp system and a good keep defense or keep take can be some really good fights that can be loads of fun for both sides sadly though it appears that some players have gottten it in there head that flipping a keep is the pvp I have no problem with people taking a keep but when you avoid fighting or leave a place where there is already a equal or outnumbered force defending a keep just to go to another location that is not defended to flip a keep it becomes pve.
    ~Cazper~

I suppose I can see pve to promote pvp. the current flipballers I dont believe to be doing that though. They dont flip one keep and stay looking for creeps to come attack from what Ive seen when I have either been in the raid or been in the moors watching ooc and watching the keeps go blue one after the other. They flip one keep then leave immediately for the next then the next then the next. All this going on while there have been a decent number of creeps to fight. My understanding of a PvP area is that you go there to fight other players. there are npc's elsewhere to fight. if people enjoy fighting pve I just dont understand why come to the only pvp area to do it? One could say that the keep flipping for comms or in order to control the battlefield is self centered as well as the people questioning the flipball intent in OOC. Lets flip the map blue so we force them to fight where we want them to fight isnt going to help Ark pvp in my opinion. It only has proven to annoy some veteran creeps enough that they log and annoy some veteran freeps enough that they either log or question it in the OOC. Neither of which is fun for anybody and I surely dont see how flipping undefended keeps for the thousandth time can be considered fun either.

Puvii led a group the other day against either an equal number of creeps or even slightly more creeps than freeps and he kept moving from place to place to fight. That was a fun group I thought and makes the entire place more fun on both sides. It actually reminded me of fighting way back when that sometimes moved around the map constantly for hours. Its recollection of pvp like that that has made me one of the biggest supporters of Ark PvP that there has been. I have always questioned the whiners and complainers and stood up for Ark over other servers and questioned those who have left us for greener pastures. Sadly these days I am starting to become one of the whiners and complainers and to understand the mass exodus.

When I, for one, question the logistics of the keep flipping in OOC I am certainly not trying to be disrespectful to anybody I am trying to understand the motivation behind the keep flips. If the reason is to make fights better, I dont think its working. If the reason is to control the map and collect comms, then congrats on the great success. So basicly in this wall of text...All of us who dig pvp are self centered in a way...thats why we're out there. We all want to win! So if flipping keeps is your thing, do it. If soloing is your thing, do it. If roaming in a small group is your thing, do it. and, in the immortal words of Kevin Hart....do you boo boo cause ima do me
    [URL="http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php"][IMG]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/6/2/0/3/5/5562035EsfXx.png[/IMG][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Armarieth View Post
    I suppose I can see pve to promote pvp. the current flipballers I dont believe to be doing that though. They dont flip one keep and stay looking for creeps to come attack from what Ive seen when I have either been in the raid or been in the moors watching ooc and watching the keeps go blue one after the other. They flip one keep then leave immediately for the next then the next then the next. All this going on while there have been a decent number of creeps to fight. My understanding of a PvP area is that you go there to fight other players. there are npc's elsewhere to fight. if people enjoy fighting pve I just dont understand why come to the only pvp area to do it? One could say that the keep flipping for comms or in order to control the battlefield is self centered as well as the people questioning the flipball intent in OOC. Lets flip the map blue so we force them to fight where we want them to fight isnt going to help Ark pvp in my opinion. It only has proven to annoy some veteran creeps enough that they log and annoy some veteran freeps enough that they either log or question it in the OOC. Neither of which is fun for anybody and I surely dont see how flipping undefended keeps for the thousandth time can be considered fun either.

Puvii led a group the other day against either an equal number of creeps or even slightly more creeps than freeps and he kept moving from place to place to fight. That was a fun group I thought and makes the entire place more fun on both sides. It actually reminded me of fighting way back when that sometimes moved around the map constantly for hours. Its recollection of pvp like that that has made me one of the biggest supporters of Ark PvP that there has been. I have always questioned the whiners and complainers and stood up for Ark over other servers and questioned those who have left us for greener pastures. Sadly these days I am starting to become one of the whiners and complainers and to understand the mass exodus.

When I, for one, question the logistics of the keep flipping in OOC I am certainly not trying to be disrespectful to anybody I am trying to understand the motivation behind the keep flips. If the reason is to make fights better, I dont think its working. If the reason is to control the map and collect comms, then congrats on the great success. So basicly in this wall of text...All of us who dig pvp are self centered in a way...thats why we're out there. We all want to win! So if flipping keeps is your thing, do it. If soloing is your thing, do it. If roaming in a small group is your thing, do it. and, in the immortal words of Kevin Hart....do you boo boo cause ima do me
    I agree with all this. Things definitely aren't the way they used to be, and there's a whole lot more to the Moors than just flipping the keeps, but that seems to be all some people are concerned about. Do they feel like they're 'winning' because they just happened to get a big enough group to turn the map blue without encountering a single major group of creeps? Maybe it's because a lot of the newer people in the Moors don't quite understand the mechanics of it yet? I'm not sure, but it just needs to stop. More often than not when I show up, the whole map is blue and I immediately leave because I know what it's going to be like. Yesterday, the whole map was red and I stayed because I knew there was actually going to be some action to get into, or at least I hoped so. Frankly, I'd rather be getting ran over by a zergball of creeps and be able to pick up some straggler kills than to have to sit and stare at them all sitting inside of a keep because they don't want to lose it.

Plus, I think it's easy to tell where a specific few people's priorities are when they stay mounted up on their horses even when flipping the keeps PvE, lol.
    [center]RIP Character signature generator, June 2013.[/center]
    [center]Theiol, Fervar, Turthonn, and Vanka, [i]retired LOTRO[/i]|Croue, Folter, [i]Rift - Shatterbone shard[/i][/center]

PVe has always been a bone of contention between sides and players on both sides. This new style of raid up and flip everything blue is a bit stupid. Thats my opinion I am entitled to it. What I cant figure out is why a vet minnie like you Gellour would come on here and defend this nonsense. People say what they feel like in ooc thats why we have ignore. Your entitled to your opinion on this Gellour, but calling someone a narcissist because they want to solo and question raids doing silly things is in my opinion a bit idiotic. We all pay to play this game the raiders and the soloers. When its blatantly obvious the raid is killing the action that we are paying to hopefully have, I think people have a right to question it. Creeps of course do the same thing and its questioned just as often in creep ooc, however they have a few more reason to flip keeps then to just harvest an easy 100 comms and Infamy.
    Formerly Derlan of Arkenstone, Thistlebeard of Crickhollow, Thistlehair of Brandywine. Once again Derlan of Arkenstone. Your Welcome for the $75 WB.

Auzue, Number (Arkenstone)

If a raid attacks a place and you don't come to defend it, that's your choice. You are, by your inaction, choosing to make it a non-PvMP event.
    When flip keep PvE time starts, creeps are generally outnumbered. Hard to defend TR against superior numbers and Goldie.

This goes for those on Freep side too, who refuse invites to a raid but then think its cool to make snarky comments in OOC about what the raid should or should not be doing. If you want to play solo, that's fine.
    Blind raid invites are generally frowned upon. Thanks I'm a Burg, I prefer to solo, if I want into your raid I will ask you instead but til then I will always refuse your blind invites.

I have to say, coming back after being out of the game for over a year, the biggest change I've noticed is the self-indulgent QQ-ing by certain individuals on both sides. I'll call them PvEers and the 'fRaid' in OOC, that'll show them!"
    The biggest change is actually PvP gear no longer requires rank which is why there is an influx of lower ranked freeps trying to farm comms. The sad thing is they are taught to flip keeps as the only viable way to get them. So yes they will be called PvEers however fraids refers to freep raid. F for freep, raid, put em together and you get fraid. Care to guess what a creep raid is called?

I'm one of those soloers that declines raid invites. My actions as a solo player effect nobody but me. Your actions by flipping the map effect everyone else. That's what I have a problem with.

For example last night. While the map was red the action was great. The fraid comes along and starts flipping the map. With every keep that was taken more and more creeps log off. Once Lugz was the only red keep the creeps were gone. Then the fraid logs off since no creeps are left. That leaves me in the moors with nobody to fight.

Can you understand why that upsets some people?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001edac2/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

We raid and ruin the action and don't care what anyone says
    And you have the nerve to call everyone else self-centered?
    Rank 14 Minstrel, Rank 10 Rune-keeper, Rank 7 Champion
    Rank 11 Weaver, Rank 11 Blackarrow, Rank 10 Reaver, Rank 10 Stalker, Rank 9 Defiler, Rank 7 Warleader

Quote Originally Posted by Daec View Post
    And you have the nerve to call everyone else self-centered?
    That's a fake quote Daec. What happened man, you used to be cool.

Cazper, I have only one question for you: If Freeps flipping a red Keep blue is PvE, then what is it when Creeps flip a blue Keep red? Really, that's all I want to know from the Creep point of view.

To others, I read your responses to my earlier post but saw nothing that really counters what I originally said. Here's the deal:

No one owns the Moors. If things happen that don't fit into your worldview, then tough. Deal with it.

If you're not in a particular raid, then you have no idea what that freep raid is thinking, discussing, planning etc. Believe me, everyone that's out there is there to PvP. The raid does what it does because it seems right at the time. But what makes perfect sense everyone in the raid might apprear ridiculous to someone else outside it. That's just the nature of the beast. No one player knows, no one CAN know, everything that's going on in the Moors. You can't control the Moors, so stop trying. Stop worrying so much about what other people are doing and focus more on what you yourself are doing. You'll be a lot happier. If a Raid isn't doing what you think it should be doing, then adjust. Offer to join the raid and lead it. Or form your own. Regardless, events aren't always going to conform to your pre-conceived notions of how they should play out. Typing snarky comments in OOC or coming on here and making hypocritical posts isn't going to change anything.

I've been back in the game for a couple of months now, and I'm calling out a mindset that needs calling out. Maybe what I have to say offends some of you. Truth hurts sometimes. Go ahead and flame, I don't care. Single out my toon and burn it down in the Moors, I don't care. I just got home after spending almost a year in Afghanistan, nothing that happens here is going to phase me.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082050000000024c4/01003/signature.png]Nelbon[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Axeborn View Post
    With every keep that was taken more and more creeps log off.
    If Creeps log off because the map is getting flipped blue then that's their problem, not ours.

Almost every evening when I first log in, the map is red. Do I turn around and log back out? No, I wait for more Freeps to log in and get a raid going, then we ride out to fight and try to take it back.

What's wrong with expecting Creeps to do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Lutheran View Post
    F for freep, raid, put em together and you get fraid. Care to guess what a creep raid is called?
    Yeah, I'm aware of all that, thanks though.

My point is, I've seen the term "fraid" used as a double-entendre. As in, the Raid is supposedly too "fraid" to fight the Creeps, and is instead doing PvE.

That's a fake quote Daec. What happened man, you used to be cool.

Cazper, I have only one question for you: If Freeps flipping a red Keep blue is PvE, then what is it when Creeps flip a blue Keep red? Really, that's all I want to know from the Creep point of view.

To others, I read your responses to my earlier post but saw nothing that really counters what I originally said. Here's the deal:

No one owns the Moors. If things happen that don't fit into your worldview, then tough. Deal with it.

If you're not in a particular raid, then you have no idea what that freep raid is thinking, discussing, planning etc. Believe me, everyone that's out there is there to PvP. The raid does what it does because it seems right at the time. But what makes perfect sense everyone in the raid might apprear ridiculous to someone else outside it. That's just the nature of the beast. No one player knows, no one CAN know, everything that's going on in the Moors. You can't control the Moors, so stop trying. Stop worrying so much about what other people are doing and focus more on what you yourself are doing. You'll be a lot happier. If a Raid isn't doing what you think it should be doing, then adjust. Offer to join the raid and lead it. Or form your own. Regardless, events aren't always going to conform to your pre-conceived notions of how they should play out. Typing snarky comments in OOC or coming on here and making hypocritical posts isn't going to change anything.

I've been back in the game for a couple of months now, and I'm calling out a mindset that needs calling out. Maybe what I have to say offends some of you. Truth hurts sometimes. Go ahead and flame, I don't care. Single out my toon and burn it down in the Moors, I don't care. I just got home after spending almost a year in Afghanistan, nothing that happens here is going to phase me.
    I just quoted what i got out of your post, i meant no harm really, just poking a little fun.

But It's pretty plain to see when freeps get in a huge raid and start flipping everything blue with no opposition there is no "PvP in mind", the only thing you're doing successfully then is destroying whatever small bits of action there is to be had.

Don't get me wrong, i like to raid, and i do enjoy leading them. But when the time comes and the opposing side can't put up a fight, i'll generally leave myself, or if i am leading i will disband the raid, thats something freeps recently can't seem to grasp.
    Rank 14 Minstrel, Rank 10 Rune-keeper, Rank 7 Champion
    Rank 11 Weaver, Rank 11 Blackarrow, Rank 10 Reaver, Rank 10 Stalker, Rank 9 Defiler, Rank 7 Warleader

If Creeps log off because the map is getting flipped blue then that's their problem, not ours.

Almost every evening when I first log in, the map is red. Do I turn around and log back out? No, I wait for more Freeps to log in and get a raid going, then we ride out to fight and try to take it back.

What's wrong with expecting Creeps to do the same?
    Yes most of those creep keep takes are not in prime time they are done when no action is out. If its not prime time who cares, I say flip the whole map as many times as you want. I think the part most creeps have an issue with is that you are waiting for more freeps to log on and then you raid up going out to "try and take it back". There is almost no raid leaders left on ark hence almost no craids, freeps on the other hand come out and just raid up without finding out what action is like. If there is a creep raid out, by all means raid up, if not then don't raid up. We also don't log out out the second keeps start getting taken, we try to fight but as we find out that 12 randoms vs. 15 raided up is not working we log to go do something fun. I think the point most creeps are trying to make is that if there is no organized resistance out raiding up will only suffice to make most creeps log as they cannot get any kills. If you really want to take a keep just small group and take it, 6 is more then enough to take a keep or get some good fights during prime time without overwhelming the creeps.
    Freeps live so they can die to me.
    Baglun-Leader of The Bloodhand-Ark (On extended Hiatus)
    Flanes- Founder of Revolution-Brandy

The way I see this is, I'm glad someone is after the keeps. I've played on a different lower pop server, and everything stays Red.... FOREVER. It's so boring to never have the opportunity to attack/defend a keep. Secondly.. on the big PvP servers, E.. BW.. what have you.. Having a specific group of people more inclined in PvE isn't uncommon. It's just on those servers, there are more than 1 raid out, and the other raid or raids are more inclined to PvP. End result, nobody is upset at the PvE raid, so what I'm getting at here is, I think we are all getting on Gellours case because there simply isn't anything else to do.... which isn't his fault. But it would be nice if that specific group would mix things up a bit more than they do, from time to time.
    [img]http://file3.guildlaunch.net/314797/BloodloafNewSig.png[/img]

Some Uruks rank so slow it would impress the Ents themselves.

Cool

Ninja Hobbit Strike Force!
    [img]http://www.videogamesigs.com/generate/sigs/temp/VideoGameSigs5201327c00863.png[/img]

Page 177 of 274 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 187 227 ... LastLast