We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 153 of 274 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 163 203 253 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 6835

Thread: Ettenmoors

Re: Ettenmoors

Quote Originally Posted by xxforcardassia View Post
    Had an absolute blast in the 'Moors last night. And the kills(/points) comin in certain made up for the deaths. Loved that my small group was able to scatter and wipe some of the freep groups from time to time
    Yeah was pretty good last night, Lots of points on both sides.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042070000000cbc65/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Just wanted to say hi to everyone.. feels good to be back in the moors, even though u guys keep killin me lol.

/cheers to everyone old and new..

see yah in the moors my friends...

Quote Originally Posted by phuffdaddy View Post
    ...The last 2 days I have been hit for over 3k by ever freep class (except warden)....

...especially when bloody every class can pop us for 3k (except wardens, they at 2k)....
    Glorno scored a devastating hit with Wages of Fear - Light on Killafornia for 3,306 Light damage to Morale.

I agree with what you're saying for the most part, but then again you are (admittedly) coming from possibly the worst Creep class in terms of balance right now. I think Koltan is right, pretty much any other Creep doesn't have it that bad besides Spiders. Heck, when it's late night action if there's even 1 WL out it becomes extremely difficult for me to get a kill. I burn my whole power pool plus a pot and still have to get some lucky crits to kill a WL. Most Creep classes got nice buffs, but Wargs/Spiders got kind of screwed.

Again I do agree with the gist of what you're saying, and I know most will disregard this because I primarily play a Freep, but I can't help but think your viewpoint would be a little bit different if you didn't play a Warg full time (unless it was a Spider). No one can deny the balance is in favor of the Freeps right now, but I don't think it's that bad. It's also interesting you mention the Turbine Store... I've seen far more Creeps using store brands, bandages, etc than I have Freeps. I can't really blame you though about your Warg, and as a Warden I can definitely feel your pain regarding mitigations.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdude101 View Post
    I know big that I rarely play my warg since I hit rank 5..because really, wargs who dont have hips up and sprint at least EXPLODE when seen. Idk if its the armour value or freeps just have a passive ability to smush wargs when they see em, but I can only take so much of it. As to you Kolt, you mention BAs and defiler/WL can hold thier own..but reavers arent bad off either you know. Since RoI I can still beat some of the tougher peeps out there from time to time.
    Yeah Grush don't get too down on yourself, you can beat almost anyone out there. I always enjoy fighting you because it's impossible to predict the outcome. You're a beast.
    [center]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tY1055I.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=green][b]Gloarn[/b][/color] 80 Burglar [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glorn[/b][/color] 75 Champion [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Gloirn[/b][/color] 75 Rune-keeper [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glourn[/b][/color] 75 Captain
    [color=brown][b]Glarnakh[/b][/color] R7 Warleader [color=grey]|[/color] [color=brown][b]Glarno[/b][/color] R6 Reaver
    [/center]

I dunno Glorno, went to the Moors for the 1st time today in 2 months, I got 24 kb's and almost 2k reknown in less than an hour. Myself and another burg had the 5 piece aim dev and we were 2 shotting dogs, spiders, BA's. Freeps are way op and creeps are way hurting. The only person who held his own was Uklutz, everything else just melted. Things are definitely not balanced out there. Creeps complain all you want about it, you have a right to in this case.

Glorno, I think you are the exception to the "warden rule" that Bigle mentioned, lol. You're a flippin beast out there, dude, and still classy (my warg thanks you for the kind salute in spite of jumping you mid-troll fight ).

The situations for creeps really isn't that pleasant right now, though. If I catch any creep off guard on my hunter, I'm usually able to blow them up before they get within melee range of me (before they turn around if it's a greenie). That's not pleasant from the other end, I've experienced it myself (though it's the sad truth about solo hunters right now - ambush and blow up first or you don't stand as much of a chance of walking away from the fight).
    [center][color=#CC3300]Lieutenant Sersi Niflhel[/color] [color=#666699]· [i]Retired[/i][/color]
    [color=#993333]"I will give you no quarter, and I will take none."[/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Lutheran View Post
    I dunno Glorno, went to the Moors for the 1st time today in 2 months, I got 24 kb's and almost 2k reknown in less than an hour. Myself and another burg had the 5 piece aim dev and we were 2 shotting dogs, spiders, BA's. Freeps are way op and creeps are way hurting. The only person who held his own was Uklutz, everything else just melted. Things are definitely not balanced out there. Creeps complain all you want about it, you have a right to in this case.
    So you base your opinion just off of one - one hour session, in which you played a Burg (Burgs have always been OP) with elite gear, while killing greenies/low ranked ungrouped creeps at oc. I was on at that time too, Freeps had numbers and besides Ukluz and Ishotu, it was all low ranked creeps bro.

When the Bloodhand gets their group rolling with the rank 8, 9, 10's its much more balanced out there... Creeps aren't hurting as bad as a lot of people seem to think (besides maybe Wargs and Spiders). Don't get me wrong, Freeps have it great right now, I just don't think Creeps are hurting THAT bad.
    Cullin R10, Adyson R10, Praethir R9, Liggins R9, Cilliann R9, Koltan R8, Kolton R8, Zevin R7, Aernon R7

@Luth - I don't really have much to add to what Koltan said he summed it up well, especially since I wasn't out there at the time you mention. Two Burgs against anything has always been free points (as far back as I can remember), that has never changed.

Quote Originally Posted by xxforcardassia View Post
    Glorno, I think you are the exception to the "warden rule" that Bigle mentioned, lol. You're a flippin beast out there, dude, and still classy (my warg thanks you for the kind salute in spite of jumping you mid-troll fight ).

The situations for creeps really isn't that pleasant right now, though. If I catch any creep off guard on my hunter, I'm usually able to blow them up before they get within melee range of me (before they turn around if it's a greenie). That's not pleasant from the other end, I've experienced it myself (though it's the sad truth about solo hunters right now - ambush and blow up first or you don't stand as much of a chance of walking away from the fight).
    Thank you, I always have respect for Wargs that don't run away from PvP (especially PvP that they instigate). Good on you.

Today I learned that Warg + Grothum Troll = nearly dead Glorno
    [center]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tY1055I.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=green][b]Gloarn[/b][/color] 80 Burglar [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glorn[/b][/color] 75 Champion [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Gloirn[/b][/color] 75 Rune-keeper [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glourn[/b][/color] 75 Captain
    [color=brown][b]Glarnakh[/b][/color] R7 Warleader [color=grey]|[/color] [color=brown][b]Glarno[/b][/color] R6 Reaver
    [/center]

So my theory is that a slight advantage either way turns the game from a freep faceroll to a creep faceroll. There's not really anything in between. Usually that advantage is in the form of creeps with heals or freeps with many tactical classes. Put creeps without heals against a fraid with minnies and creeps go boom. Put creeps without heals against a fraid with minnies and some weird leadership decisions and apparently you get a freep Sunday picnic inside OC, but whatever.

2 burgs = full lockdown and my ~13k morale is burned in 2-3 seconds. 1 burg when my brand, stun pot, health pot and MT are up = slow death for me. 1 burg when my stun pot, health pot and MT are up and I have a defiler and warleader on me and Tatanko using me as an ungrouped raid target assist = infamy for me.

5 of you should have fallen to Clarrow last night. You know who you are.
    You didn't die like you were supposed to. Why not? BECAUSE SOMEONE FREAKIN' HEALED YOU. Stop that, right now!

It was interesting to see freeps getting heals for once. Someone must have made a mistake.
    Clarrow PeopleEater - R12 (resting) BA
    Clarysta
    - Lvl 105 Captain - Wannabe Freep R4
    Twitter - @clarystainsun

Yeah Kolt I think I can base if off one hour out there especially when I use to spend many many many hours out there. I dont just play freepside, but have dabbled in creepside as well. Its not just Burgs that are op, RK's are still op, Minstrels are unbeatable as well. Creep mitigations are way off, it's a well known fact and a major complaint not just from this server but across all servers. Agree that 2 Burgs is free points, but it was never to the point where 2 dev SS was instant death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lutheran View Post
    Yeah Kolt I think I can base if off one hour out there especially when I use to spend many many many hours out there. I dont just play freepside, but have dabbled in creepside as well. Its not just Burgs that are op, RK's are still op, Minstrels are unbeatable as well. Creep mitigations are way off, it's a well known fact and a major complaint not just from this server but across all servers. Agree that 2 Burgs is free points, but it was never to the point where 2 dev SS was instant death.
    Minstrels are over the top, agreed there. Mits are BROKEN, it was an unfortunate bug to other fixes... it will be fixed. To say 2 Dev SS wouldn't have been an instant kill in the past is an ignorant statement.

Number 1, Burgs were never able to control Dev Crits, now they can. Number 2, creep health used to be much lower than it is now, especially greenies (which is what you were one shotting yesterday). If a Burg duo could have gotten lucky, and they both dev'd SS on a greenie in the past, I would bet it would have killed them (or at least very close, to the point where your subsequent auto atacks would have finished the job).

As strong as Burgs are now, and as much dps as they can dish out, its nothing compared to how OP pre moria Burgs were... Or pre Moria, pre diminishing returns LM's - lmao. Most of the new creeps wouldn't have lasted a month fighting against that. My point is that creeps have always had it tough, and in my opinion (minus the mitigation bug) they have NEVER been stronger especially in a group. Its like everyone has forgotten that the Immortals just transferred off the server not too long ago - don't you think that the departure of 15-20 mid-high ranked creeps has turned the tide out there a bit?

Freeps are powerful, yes. Mits are broken Creepside, yes. With all that, the Bloodhand still puts up great fights on a regular basis - so apparently its not too bad out there. You were fighting greenies yesterday dude, someone who's spent many many many hours in the past out there should know the difference .
    Last edited by vodpraetor; Jan 30 2012 at 02:10 PM.
    Cullin R10, Adyson R10, Praethir R9, Liggins R9, Cilliann R9, Koltan R8, Kolton R8, Zevin R7, Aernon R7

I think once mits are fixed it wont be to bad i tend to agree with Kolt. It wont be balanced but it won't be to bad. :P
    Derlan of Arkenstone(Champ R10), Wilantuk of Arkenstone(LM R6), Adgor of Arkenstone,
    Urukder Lan (Defiler Rank 6) of Ark
    Auzue Windstalker (Warg Rank 9) of Ark

Props to praethir for almost beating me for a SECOND time on a hunter. No one else to my knowledge can make that claim. Keep it up dude
    [IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/2ypcay0.jpg[/IMG]

Grushmun-1 - Rank 13 Reaver, Bayoneta-1 Rank 10 LM, Bayoneta-2 Rank 9 Hunt, Halindale-2 Rank 9 Capt.

Ok I'd like to point out to the people who say that Creep's don't have it THAT bad (besides wargs and spiders), that 2 out of 6 of creep classes is a BIG deal. I mean thats one third of our class makeup. If you've ever raided PvE you know that if 1/3 of your raid is poopy, you're not going to down the boss. Some classes don't have it that bad creepside, I agree, (but two of them DO) and thats a really big deal. I mean how can we be so easily dismiss this?

Also Minstrels being god in the moors is also a BIG deal. I mean if we had two poopy classes and freeps were at a solid point it would be bad, but freeps having a god class, makes it aweful.
    Loki - Voodoo - Cheezy

Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet_yo View Post
    Ok I'd like to point out to the people who say that Creep's don't have it THAT bad (besides wargs and spiders), that 2 out of 6 of creep classes is a BIG deal. I mean thats one third of our class makeup. If you've ever raided PvE you know that if 1/3 of your raid is poopy, you're not going to down the boss. Some classes don't have it that bad creepside, I agree, (but two of them DO) and thats a really big deal. I mean how can we be so easily dismiss this?

Also Minstrels being god in the moors is also a BIG deal. I mean if we had two poopy classes and freeps were at a solid point it would be bad, but freeps having a god class, makes it aweful.
    Voodoo just hit it spot on. The only way to counter a freep raid is to load up on BAs, and then it just becomes pewpew fest. no fun for anyone. Also, thanks for the 1v1 mumonkan and kiladoc, and also to rahb and another who i didnt catch the name for letting it happen. Big thumbs down to the mini who bubbled and swam across the river to TA and the cappy who ran to EC. Why you out there?
    Last edited by bruun; Jan 30 2012 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruun View Post
    Also, thanks for the 1v1 mumonkan and kiladoc, and also to rahb and another who i didnt catch the name for letting it happen. Big thumbs down to the mini who bubbled and swam across the river to TA and the cappy who ran to EC. Why you out there?
    I do believe we had a few 1v1s also... Good stuff, it was slow tonight but still found fights.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000101940/signature.png]Lexaar[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet_yo View Post

I'm still not even sure if those two classes have it that bad... I still think it goes back to the mitigation thing, and it's affecting those classes a bit more. I watched a Spider beat the freep "god mode" class last night. I've seen Derlan on his warg take out some really good players, that were playing classes many consider OP. I've never, not even once, said that creeps > freeps. I totally agree that most freep classes have it absolutely great right now, I just don't think creeps are hurting THAT bad lol. It's a combination of the mitigation bug, the Immortals transferring, and their being an influx of greenie creeps... thats my opinion, its fine if you don't agree.

And to Grush... I'm not sure if you're trying to be cute or what, but it was a good fight... just not sure you needed to brag to creep ooc afterward. You're on a R10 Reaver, you got charge off - you should beat a Hunter. I'd also like to give you props for almost beating my Captain the other day when you found me at half health, good try... keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by tonzor View Post
    I do believe we had a few 1v1s also... Good stuff, it was slow tonight but still found fights.
    Definitely some fun fights lexaar. I typed my first message prior to fighting you,so i didnt get ya props. Thanks for kicking my butt a few times. I cant believe how much damage essay of fire can put on you in such a short period of time.

So I discovered today that almost more annoying than being pounced by a warg pack is trying to 2v1 two defilers... oy vey, lol. Was fun at first, but after a while I found myself trying less
    [center][color=#CC3300]Lieutenant Sersi Niflhel[/color] [color=#666699]· [i]Retired[/i][/color]
    [color=#993333]"I will give you no quarter, and I will take none."[/color][/center]

lol sounds like one of those "alright this'll be awesome!" <5 minutes later> "ok .. i have things to do..." fights. =) I recall the longest fight I've ever seen was a defiler vs a warden pre roi. An essay in player stamina.

Also I enjoyed our fight Gilg the other night as well. Was kind of distressed that the burg who I won't name didn't finish the fight with ya after I came back by. I gotta learn to watch my power against spiders. =D I'm a relatively fragile mini but a fragile mini on purpose until things are balanced a bit more. =)
    (Retired from Freepside)
    Freeps: [color=#9999ff]Elerene[/color], Ikaelus, Graedus, Ziebold, Saracia, Zandiran, Erunir, Jaenda, Derwisch, Gwendilas
    Creeps: [color=#ff9999]Ishtiluk[/color], Sranakh, Fangborn, Tolorath, Oroknash, Logarat

It was me, you can say it.

Had him down to 2k then he burrowed and fully healed. We start fighting again, I got down to 2k so I hips to heal. Fair right? Problem is I stayed to close to him. His DOTs knocked me out of stealth and he was on me again. I tried to move off and stealth but by the time I did I lost track of him. Should I have stayed and took the death? Probably. My intention was not to run away. But if he gets to heal then I should as well. No?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001edac2/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Axeborn View Post

Had him down to 2k then he burrowed and fully healed. We start fighting again, I got down to 2k so I hips to heal. Fair right? Problem is I stayed to close to him. His DOTs knocked me out of stealth and he was on me again. I tried to move off and stealth but by the time I did I lost track of him. Should I have stayed and took the death? Probably. My intention was not to run away. But if he gets to heal then I should as well. No?
    Hrm. Yeah you have a good point. From my perspective honestly it looked like you just hips and left the scene completely so my apologies for the mis-analysis. =) What is it that allows a spider to heal that much when burrowed btw? Mine ends up at nearly the same morale as I went down at. Perhaps I am not seeing an obvious skill? =D I didn't see anyone around to throw heals his way.
    (Retired from Freepside)
    Freeps: [color=#9999ff]Elerene[/color], Ikaelus, Graedus, Ziebold, Saracia, Zandiran, Erunir, Jaenda, Derwisch, Gwendilas
    Creeps: [color=#ff9999]Ishtiluk[/color], Sranakh, Fangborn, Tolorath, Oroknash, Logarat

Quote Originally Posted by thejadestorm View Post
    What is it that allows a spider to heal that much when burrowed btw? Mine ends up at nearly the same morale as I went down at. Perhaps I am not seeing an obvious skill? =D I didn't see anyone around to throw heals his way.
    There is a trait - I'm not completely sure what rank you can get it at, but I suspect most low rank spiders buy it from the store.

Quote Originally Posted by thejadestorm
    I recall the longest fight I've ever seen was a defiler vs a warden pre roi. An essay in player stamina.
    Warden must have been heal fighting what a nightmare, lol. I had a few decent 1v1s against Gassy just before isen on my warden (spear traited), they weren't epic long fights but we pretty evenly matched.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000032bbf/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Axeborn View Post

I dont blame you for hipsing and not coming back, though to be fair i did attack you when i was only at 8k, otherwise i would not have used it for so long, and i only healed back up to about 8500, because i was not about to let you drop combat. We'll meet again.

Quote Originally Posted by bruun View Post
    I dont blame you for hipsing and not coming back, though to be fair i did attack you when i was only at 8k, otherwise i would not have used it for so long, and i only healed back up to about 8500, because i was not about to let you drop combat. We'll meet again.
    Look foward to it Gil. Ill be there till the bitter end next time
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001edac2/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

You guys that say its not that bad are on crack. The fact that one class is so way over the top op makes it so unbalanced its stupid.

Page 153 of 274 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 163 203 253 ... LastLast