We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 15 of 274 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Thread: Ettenmoors

Re: Ettenmoors

Quote Originally Posted by mrwoo View Post
    Yeah earlier in the day when you werent on, is what i was referring to, holmes. After that I left and came back and the TR rez camp was still going strong and thats when the freeps had numbers and yes it was good points all around. I was referring the group earlier on in the day.
    Ah okay, fair enough Sounded eerily similar to when I was on heh.

Quote Originally Posted by elderlygamer View Post
    As for people (burgs, wargs, hunters) camping the rez looking for stragglers making their way back to the fight, yes they're annoying and need to die slowly and painfully.
    ^^ THIS. I think some people should separate rez fights and rez camping. I have no problem with rez fights (no matter which side is in the rez) and sometimes prefer it so we don't spend more than half the time looking for each other and staging for the next fight. Those bigger open field fights are more epic and awesome, but rez fights are a nice flow of points for both sides

Rez campers however are something I can't stand. If I get rez camped it sucks for obvious reasons, but if my side is camping it sucks as well because they won't let the food get back to the fight. Boo.
    [center]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tY1055I.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=green][b]Gloarn[/b][/color] 80 Burglar [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glorn[/b][/color] 75 Champion [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Gloirn[/b][/color] 75 Rune-keeper [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glourn[/b][/color] 75 Captain
    [color=brown][b]Glarnakh[/b][/color] R7 Warleader [color=grey]|[/color] [color=brown][b]Glarno[/b][/color] R6 Reaver
    [/center]

Quote Originally Posted by elderlygamer View Post

As for people (burgs, wargs, hunters) camping the rez looking for stragglers making their way back to the fight, yes they're annoying and need to die slowly and painfully.
    I don't mind if it is a 1v1, but the little gank groups are just ball-less. If you really think it takes 3+ of you to take me out, then it really doesn't say much for your skills. lol

But it happens, and will continue to happen. Such is PvP. There will always be ez-moders, and I don't blame them one bit. That's just not how I choose to roll.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000f6847/signature.png]Balawise[/charsig]
    Baladin - 65 Dwarf Rune-keeper, Balabo - 65 Hobbit Burglar, Balaroc - 62 Hobbit Guardian, Baladonna - 54 Hobbit Hunter, Balagrim - 41 Dwarf Champion

Ark PvMP in general could use a big dose of balls and less peckers.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000007e90/signature.png]Esthero[/charsig]

Vertigo - 65 Captain - Pariah
    Escyndir - 65 Champion - Pariah
    Dartsk - Murder Herd

Sorry, all I can offer is slime balls at this point
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420701000011e83e/signature.png]Fiendishly-1[/charsig]
    'Stoner- Devilishly Handsome (BA) [COLOR=white]R7[/COLOR], Howlingly Mad (Warg) [COLOR=white]R6[/COLOR], Devastatingly Goodlooking (RVR) [COLOR=white]R6[/COLOR], Venomously Retorted (WVR) [COLOR=white]R6[/COLOR], Raising Cain (WL) R6
    Now on E/Brandywine-Nightmarishly Garish (Def) [COLOR=#ffffff]R8[/COLOR], Fiendishly Evil (WVR) R5, Cadmean Victory (WL), Dementedly Clever

Quote Originally Posted by Raowyn View Post
    Ark PvMP in general could use a big dose of balls and less peckers.
    /agreed

but when there are so many LM's and RK's running around out there there's not much you can do for it...

Honestly, it really needs a huge dose of melee classes in general...
    The Noldor of Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Ivaed View Post
    /agreed

but when there are so many LM's and RK's running around out there there's not much you can do for it...

Honestly, it really needs a huge dose of melee classes in general...
    /agreed !!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042070000000cbc65/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

lol We creeps were saying a few nights ago, "there are so many melee freeps on." It seemed like it was a raid of melee classes that night. The squishy classes stayed in the back and zapped and pewpewed, but the melee folks pushed up and made the battle more interesting. And damn they were hard to take down.
    Ijustpassedgas Excuseme
    Yeasty Infection

I'm tellin' you. Creeps need to ROLL MORE REAVERS. Nothing scares the urine outta me like three or more Charging Reavers. They're one of the few classes that can really muck things up and cause some chaos, and that's what makes fights interesting. Go on, put down your flaming arrows for just two seconds and try running with some Reavers for like, a week. I predict the outcome to be nothing but a blitz of fun and adrenaline rushes for everyone, and isn't that what it's about? Pacing the fight on your feet is what will start causing ruckus, every single time. And Reavers are probably the best class that can do that for both Freeps and Creeps.

Champs, Guards, Reavers... Melee is where it's at. 4 lyfe, yo.
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/arkenstone/bobion/][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000021d81/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/url][URL="http://www.themeaningofhaste.net"]www.themeaningofhaste.net/[/URL]
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/arkenstone/lorthag/]Lorthag, R6 Uruk Warleader[/url] - The Meaning of Hate
    "The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die." -- Graalx2

Quote Originally Posted by Feybobiam View Post
    Champs, Guards, Reavers... Melee is where it's at. 4 lyfe, yo.
    No love for the Warden charging in with 50% run speed buff all the way through to the back of the creep pack making the healers run away?

Quote Originally Posted by vodspeedkills View Post
    No love for the Warden charging in with 50% run speed buff all the way through to the back of the creep pack making the healers run away?
    We love wardens....skewer them on their own spears and you got warden shikabobs! I hear Emeril Laorc has a great recipe for them...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420701000011e83e/signature.png]Fiendishly-1[/charsig]
    'Stoner- Devilishly Handsome (BA) [COLOR=white]R7[/COLOR], Howlingly Mad (Warg) [COLOR=white]R6[/COLOR], Devastatingly Goodlooking (RVR) [COLOR=white]R6[/COLOR], Venomously Retorted (WVR) [COLOR=white]R6[/COLOR], Raising Cain (WL) R6
    Now on E/Brandywine-Nightmarishly Garish (Def) [COLOR=#ffffff]R8[/COLOR], Fiendishly Evil (WVR) R5, Cadmean Victory (WL), Dementedly Clever

99.9% of the time complaining in the forums about anything, including the morons you have as opponents is pointless.

But I have to say, over the past month or two, the creep side has progressively appeared and fought in dirty, desperate, sad, stupid and a pathologically pitiful manner, about 90% of the time I am out in the moors.

Yesterday you actually pushed tr with about 18 v 5, for a good hour, 2 minstrels, tam me and a Easy's burg fought you in the halls, both sides died, both sides fought relatively well.

But the other 90% of the time your exploit reaver training or warg sprinting through tr or ec to get 1 kill, zerging every little single target you can find. Running around always with a WL to bubble, camping gv, camping rez. Wargs burning every cd they have to kill one target, when its 3v1 with 3 wargs. I can go on.

Sure you enjoy killing me, and sure I'm easy to hate. But atleast I run around solo 90% of the time, you don't see me using the classless tactics you execute on a daily basis. You know who you are. The Bigdaddy Droggo tactics do work, but they are beyond classless.

Enjoy the 10-15 infamy you get by raiding up a group of 12 creeps and zerging ec for a single kill. You'll never get any of the high ranks, because the freeps on this server can't fight you unless they use MEW zerg tactics, because you refuse to play by some set of basic fairplay.

Obviously there is no fairplay in the moors, this server has been an exemplary example of this, for 2/3 years I've been playing on it.

MEW tactics hurt the moors, Bigdaddy tactics hurt the moors. You can think otherwise, but look at your wartabs, your not going anywhere. The burden is on the creep side to play with some sense of this. No one enjoys being zerged over and over again, and that is basically what I see 90% of the time. The freeps continue to have no incentive to play, and you give less and less of a reason every day you continue to play this game.

@Tib, your a waste, @WLs in general, who bubble run Reavers through keeps, think of something else, your garbage and you know it. I'm amazed you can stand the pitiful methods you resort to and your wartabs are the results of this.

2nd/3rd class and always will be, enjoy being pitiful, you excel at it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000033b63/01007/signature.png]Relo[/charsig][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000007b03c/signature.png]Renameddk[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Lexmark View Post
    We love wardens....skewer them on their own spears and you got warden shikabobs! I hear Emeril Laorc has a great recipe for them...
    I love that it is "we love wardens," since too often it is a gank squad of "we's" against a warden. Don't see too many willing to go it alone against a warden. Except for dogs who can stealth-pounce first. :P
    Last edited by ppinkham; Jun 19 2010 at 03:10 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000f6847/signature.png]Balawise[/charsig]
    Baladin - 65 Dwarf Rune-keeper, Balabo - 65 Hobbit Burglar, Balaroc - 62 Hobbit Guardian, Baladonna - 54 Hobbit Hunter, Balagrim - 41 Dwarf Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Relo_Windwalker View Post
    99.9% of the time complaining in the forums about anything, including the morons you have as opponents is pointless.

But I have to say, over the past month or two, the creep side has progressively appeared and fought in dirty, desperate, sad, stupid and a pathologically pitiful manner, about 90% of the time I am out in the moors.

Yesterday you actually pushed tr with about 18 v 5, for a good hour, 2 minstrels, tam me and a Easy's burg fought you in the halls, both sides died, both sides fought relatively well.

But the other 90% of the time your exploit reaver training or warg sprinting through tr or ec to get 1 kill, zerging every little single target you can find. Running around always with a WL to bubble, camping gv, camping rez. Wargs burning every cd they have to kill one target, when its 3v1 with 3 wargs. I can go on.

Sure you enjoy killing me, and sure I'm easy to hate. But atleast I run around solo 90% of the time, you don't see me using the classless tactics you execute on a daily basis. You know who you are. The Bigdaddy Droggo tactics do work, but they are beyond classless.

Enjoy the 10-15 infamy you get by raiding up a group of 12 creeps and zerging ec for a single kill. You'll never get any of the high ranks, because the freeps on this server can't fight you unless they use MEW zerg tactics, because you refuse to play by some set of basic fairplay.

Obviously there is no fairplay in the moors, this server has been an exemplary example of this, for 2/3 years I've been playing on it.

MEW tactics hurt the moors, Bigdaddy tactics hurt the moors. You can think otherwise, but look at your wartabs, your not going anywhere. The burden is on the creep side to play with some sense of this. No one enjoys being zerged over and over again, and that is basically what I see 90% of the time. The freeps continue to have no incentive to play, and you give less and less of a reason every day you continue to play this game.

@Tib, your a waste, @WLs in general, who bubble run Reavers through keeps, think of something else, your garbage and you know it. I'm amazed you can stand the pitiful methods you resort to and your wartabs are the results of this.

I don't think i've seen such a river of tears in quite some time.
    Rank 14 Minstrel, Rank 10 Rune-keeper, Rank 7 Champion
    Rank 11 Weaver, Rank 11 Blackarrow, Rank 10 Reaver, Rank 10 Stalker, Rank 9 Defiler, Rank 7 Warleader

Quote Originally Posted by Daec View Post
    I don't think i've seen such a river of tears in quite some time.
    *glug glug glug* HELP! *glug glug* I'M DROWNING *glug glug*
    Chieftain Akart, Servant of [B]Fernando the Benevolent[/B] and [B]Chester the Sleepy Squirrel[/B]

Dr. Phil Fiendishly Evil here...so how does this really make you feel? I think we need to get in touch with your inner freep, and explore what may be the cause of this anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by ppinkham View Post
    I love that it is "we love wardens," since too often it is a gank squad of "we's" against a warden. Don't see too many willing to go it alone against a warden. Except for dogs who can stealth-pounce first. :P
    I will on take any warden solo on my reaver. I know its going to be a close fight but its way more fun than fighting a champ for example.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032070000000c1c0f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Its ok, Mew has brought there tactics to brandywine now
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042070000000cbc65/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by nolins12 View Post
    Its ok, Mew has brought there tactics to brandywine now
    Yeah our tactics bring us more renown than you could hope for.
    Rank 14 Minstrel, Rank 10 Rune-keeper, Rank 7 Champion
    Rank 11 Weaver, Rank 11 Blackarrow, Rank 10 Reaver, Rank 10 Stalker, Rank 9 Defiler, Rank 7 Warleader

Relo is just mad because all that clipping his mic does when he yells did either one of two things.
    1. Broke his sound card
    or
    2. Made people mute him

Either way i'm flattered i'm the only one who got mentioned by name in that river of tears!
    Brandywine - Shock and Awe
    Swagslash R12 Champ - Tibulent R10 LM - Swagshot R11 Hunter - Tibulant R6 Guard

TheCommie - RolePlaying Master ~ TVT
    TVT ~ Swaggasm R10 WL - GloryofTib R6 Reaver - Swagstain R5 Spider ~ TVT

Quote Originally Posted by Daec View Post
    Yeah our tactics bring us more renown than you could hope for.
    Yes and we all know how much better we get with rank.....

On another note, @Twosocks

That was straight dirty in south outpost, i laughed my *** off, but it was dirty.

Edit***

Great Fights out tonight guys, we need more of those open field battle's eh?
    Last edited by SirSidhartan; Jun 20 2010 at 02:30 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000015b30b/01003/signature.png]Ataladir[/charsig]
    [color=green] Ataanis, Ataladan, Ataldion, Atranis of Arkenstone [/color]
    [color=red] Shneaksie, Muzlagedush, Mordisel, Urgnraw, Wartz [/color]

This part in particular is pretty funny because Freeps are by far the majority of exploiters out there. The Devs haven't figured out a way to fix horses getting them places Creeps can't get to, but it's a conscious choice every time a Freep chooses to exploit. It's also hard to side with you when many of your Kin are the ones exploiting rocks, exploiting the entirety of TA, exploiting walls, etc. Not that Insurrection are all exploiters, but most exploiters that I notice are from Insurrection. That's no attack on you or your Kin, just those that choose to exploit. I'm only pointing out that some of your own Kin mates exploit out in the Moors (and I'm not naming names) so it's hard to feel sympathy for you when you say Creeps are exploiting/playing dirty/whatever.

I also didn't really get the part about a Warg using every skill to kill someone. Isn't that what skills are there for? And what's wrong with using a WL Bubble? Minnies/RKs/Cappies use their bubbles all the time and hunters will DF if a bunch of Creeps show up on top of them. Burgs HIPS to avoid dying all the time, even when it would be considered by some "classless". I'm always confused when some players don't use every skill their class has to their advantage. Case in point when I first got my WL Banner of Terror I was surprised that I could get it at such a low rank but hardly any WLs use it. Judging by how often I see it thrown out when I'm on Freeps I would have thought it was like R8, but it's only R3. If it's in my arsenal, I'm going to use it to help me in battle and I don't see any reason why I shouldn't. I haven't noticed you to be a hunter that doesn't use Rain of Thorns from the top of keeps, or doesn't try to root/fear/HS a greenie. And why should you? Those are skills that you have at your disposal I don't see why you shouldn't be able to use them to your full advantage.

P.S. For the record I'm also against Warg packs pouncing those coming back from rez and I hate that it happens no matter which side I happen to be playing. But it happens and there's nothing that I can do about it unfortunately
    Last edited by thunderchickn; Jun 20 2010 at 04:46 AM.
    [center]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tY1055I.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=green][b]Gloarn[/b][/color] 80 Burglar [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glorn[/b][/color] 75 Champion [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Gloirn[/b][/color] 75 Rune-keeper [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glourn[/b][/color] 75 Captain
    [color=brown][b]Glarnakh[/b][/color] R7 Warleader [color=grey]|[/color] [color=brown][b]Glarno[/b][/color] R6 Reaver
    [/center]

Thanks for clearing out SOP for us freepies. That was super swell of you.
    Chieftain Akart, Servant of [B]Fernando the Benevolent[/B] and [B]Chester the Sleepy Squirrel[/B]

People are gonna play how they're gonna play, and coming on here (or anywhere for that matter) complaining about it doesn't really help anything... Just do what you can to have fun, and if your not having fun then you should just leave cause there really isn't any other reason to be here honestly...

There is plenty of blame to go around on both sides for lameness in the moors, but making an argument out of it doesn't do anything but fuel the fires.
    Last edited by Ivaed; Jun 20 2010 at 01:22 PM.
    The Noldor of Arkenstone

Relo, I suppose you want all the creeps to go back to rank 4 so you can have your way them. Now that you actually have to fight to get points you are unhappy. Maybe your thoughts would carry more weight if they didn't come from someone who opens up with Bard's arrow on every single encounter and then runs in the opposite direction.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070100000cd6f1/signature.png]Loronweb[/charsig]

Page 15 of 274 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 115 ... LastLast