We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 144 of 274 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 154 194 244 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 6835

Thread: Ettenmoors

Re: Ettenmoors

Quote Originally Posted by MinTazCos View Post
    Even on Immortals Night we don't get 24 man raids. That is just crazy. And the reason the Immortals get so much infamy is less due to size than it is the fact that many of the most experienced creeps are in the Immortals and we fight hard. Check the leaderboards from yesterday, a large percentage of the Immortals total infamy came from just a handful of players. Most of the creep players are NOT Immortals.

And as for hitting hard, it's not your fault, but that kind of damage is out of balance, and you and I both know it. I don't even have a single skill that hits for 1k. And I have a minstrel and I KNOW the damage output/healing ability is also out of balance. I can hit almost as hard as an RK AND heal myself the next instant.
    Pets count :P ok seriously though you guys do the biggest raids by far creep side, even on non-immortals nights.

Freeps aren't the only ones hitting hard. Generally creeps do a bit less damage than freeps but have a higher morale pool.. BAs do hit pretty hard tho.
    And a semi-ranked spider with CDs should be able to take on any champ with almost no problems, even post RoI.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000032bbf/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Even on Immortals Night we don't get 24 man raids. That is just crazy. And the reason the Immortals get so much infamy is less due to size than it is the fact that many of the most experienced creeps are in the Immortals and we fight hard. Check the leaderboards from yesterday, a large percentage of the Immortals total infamy came from just a handful of players. Most of the creep players are NOT Immortals.
    It's also due to the fact that you guys not only work so well together, but actually listen to the leader (and have a leader take charge at all). I've been in a number of raids both freep and creepside (creep also includes one or two on Riddermark) where they all just fall flat because everyone still does there own thing and one person is too timid to simply take charge and direct everyone (or, on some occasions, those in tribe/kin together work together but leave everyone else high and dry). On Ark, the best leader I've seen (and had the pleasure to raid with) freepside is Aamani. And it's a shame that she really doesn't go out much anymore, but C'est la vie.

Also, @Azanull. I think I've decided about that TR spar we had with my defiler... and I think it says a lot about you. I still respect you, as a player, for that fight (and that you didn't try to bring me into the NPCs just a few feet away), but the fact that you couldn't blow up a rank 2 defiler in under 30s is astounding.

I also want to re-iterate this point that Cos made:
    And Derlan, I have played freepside on this server. And it was sad watching the timidity of the players around me, hesitant to engage in fights they would have won easily. That's why I never group freepside - I'm in the Moors to fight, and I don't care about dying. I'll charge a whole raid by myself or through an entire keep full of NPCs to try and get kills.
    I feel the exact same way and I've seen the same thing. I, or even the tiny group with my kin, will push all the way into, say, TA and get maybe 1 or 2 kills. But at the same time we'll wipe and watch as the rest of the freeps (the large group of them) sit on the lawn picking their noses and watching us. I see this happen time and time again. I've played both sides now, and the most aggressive (and the most fun) players on this server all play creep. There's a certain kinship (that I shall not name, yet I'm sure everyone will know to which I am referring) that seems to have destroyed any ability to feel like you can charge into a group (or more or less) of creeps and be okay with dying. There are too many players either afraid to run back from the rez, or afraid of losing their precious rating. I've seen (since RoI) level 40s with more balls than 90% of the 75s out there.
    [center][color=#CC3300]Lieutenant Sersi Niflhel[/color] [color=#666699]· [i]Retired[/i][/color]
    [color=#993333]"I will give you no quarter, and I will take none."[/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Sathim View Post
    Pets count :P ok seriously though you guys do the biggest raids by far creep side, even on non-immortals nights.

Freeps aren't the only ones hitting hard. Generally creeps do a bit less damage than freeps but have a higher morale pool.. BAs do hit pretty hard tho.
    And a semi-ranked spider with CDs should be able to take on any champ with almost no problems, even post RoI.
    We don't have many 'big raids' at all.

And I was doing just fine in that duel until the 5k crit, thank you very much. Good champ/spider duels were close affairs prior to ROI all things being equal. But when a champ can hit for over 5k in one attack and a spider tops out at less than 1k there is an imbalance.
    Founder of Baruk Khazad of Arkenstone - going strong since Beta
    Minardi DarkKhazad - Card carrying member of the Solo Minstrel Zerg Team
    Tazio Nuvolari - Aesir
    Cosworth Power - Legion - Cry havoc! And let slip the spider of war!

Special thanks to the Immortals and all my friends on Ark creepside; I'm gonna miss you all!

My night didn't start off so well - logging in at the TR rock to a load full of freeps pounding me to the dust. Talk about stupidness - what was I thinking logging off there anyway.

Had a really fun time in the keep 5v12 and both sides kept swinging for an hour. Thanks to the freeps that hung in there with us.

Just want to give a shout out to Evilspinner and Bluduk for really bringing it last night. With Gor dying trying to keep my silly butt alive, and no warleader in sight, there weren't rezzes for anyone. Those two kept coming back time and again on their own.

Good luck to all of you that are transferring.
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#ffa500]Clarrow PeopleEater - R12 (finally!) BA[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ee82ee]Clarysta [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#ee82ee]- Lvl 100 Captain - Wannabe Freep R4[/COLOR]
    [I]Twitter - @clarystainsun[/I]
    [/CENTER]

and the other tribes have even smaller raids..

and trust me when I say there is a much easier way for spiders to take out champs.. but I'll let you figure that one out yourself.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000032bbf/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkerinthemist View Post
    Had a really fun time in the keep 5v12 and both sides kept swinging for an hour. Thanks to the freeps that hung in there with us.

Just want to give a shout out to Evilspinner and Bluduk for really bringing it last night. With Gor dying trying to keep my silly butt alive, and no warleader in sight, there weren't rezzes for anyone. Those two kept coming back time and again on their own.
    creeps were outnumbered so we were just trying to find somewhere that we could hang out at where you felt comfortable enough to come out and fight us.. and that you did. I think for the most part your efforts weren't really being rewarded by kills, but you did half wipe the group a few times

and the other tribes have even smaller raids..

and trust me when I say there is a much easier way for spiders to take out champs.. but I'll let you figure that one out yourself.
    Sure there is, especially if I have the advantage of surprise and terrain to use it's not hard at all. I've killed multiple champs 1 v 1 since ROI. And I was very comfortable in that fight until the 5k crit. Still had my pet up and several tricks up my sleeve. That was negated by 1 hit. Please don't pretend that it was skill that won you that duel. Not saying you aren't skilled, but 5k+ crits have nothing to do at all with skill.
    Tazio Nuvolari - Aesir

Special thanks to the Immortals and all my friends on Ark creepside; I'm gonna miss you all!

creeps were outnumbered so we were just trying to find somewhere that we could hang out at where you felt comfortable enough to come out and fight us.. and that you did. I think for the most part your efforts weren't really being rewarded by kills, but you did half wipe the group a few times
    And therein lies the difference. I can't recall a single time a vastly outnumbered group of freeps (and 2 of the 5 of creeps there weren't even grouped) fought so hard to defend a keep from creeps. A couple deaths and that would have been the end of the fight.
    Tazio Nuvolari - Aesir

and its the first time in many months I've seen creeps do it too, so its not saying much. Normally creeps have 1 attempt at stopping the freeps, then they give up and log. Not the ones who were here tho.. Gorg and Clarrow and others.

I also had many tricks up my sleeves and.. oh nm I give up.

I think for the most part your efforts weren't really being rewarded by kills
    But the kills we got were really rewarding!
    [COLOR=#ee82ee]Clarysta [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#ee82ee]- Lvl 100 Captain - Wannabe Freep R4[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

and its the first time in many months I've seen creeps do it too, so its not saying much. Normally creeps have 1 attempt at stopping the freeps, then they give up and log. Not the ones who were here tho.. Gorg and Clarrow and others.

I also had many tricks up my sleeves and.. oh nm I give up.
    We did the same at Dar shortly thereafter though the numbers were a bit closer and have done the same repeatedly in the past week alone. Really not sure what creeps you're observing.

And like I said, it was a good duel. I just don't have any 'I win' crit attacks. Gladly fight you again any time though; I still enjoyed it, and don't mind losing if I do.
    Last edited by MinTazCos; Nov 15 2011 at 10:52 AM.
    Tazio Nuvolari - Aesir

We did the same at Dar shortly thereafter though the numbers were a bit closer and have done the same repeatedly in the past week alone. Really not sure what creeps you're observing.
    I think Elrond sells Freep Goggles - required before any venture out to the Ettenmoors on a freep. They squeeze the brain almost to the point of non-function and ensure that everything they view is a slightly blurred perception on reality.

Get yours today. Only 20g a pair. All donations collected will go to the Flippers Anonymous Fund.
    Last edited by xxforcardassia; Nov 15 2011 at 11:09 AM.
    [center][color=#CC3300]Lieutenant Sersi Niflhel[/color] [color=#666699]· [i]Retired[/i][/color]
    [color=#993333]"I will give you no quarter, and I will take none."[/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by xxforcardassia View Post

Also, @Azanull. I think I've decided about that TR spar we had with my defiler... and I think it says a lot about you. I still respect you, as a player, for that fight (and that you didn't try to bring me into the NPCs just a few feet away), but the fact that you couldn't blow up a rank 2 defiler in under 30s is astounding.
    oh man, trying to kill a defiler with out a fear pots is like going in circle, now just to clear some stuff: it doesnt matter if you are rank 0 or rank 15 now, you can buy your skills, i saw a rank 3 who killed a r14 champ in Vanyar and the champ known as the best in 1vs1 but the defiler killed him with the Blight lol

Quote Originally Posted by Azanull View Post
    oh man, trying to kill a defiler with out a fear pots is like going in circle, now just to clear some stuff: it doesnt matter if you are rank 0 or rank 15 now, you can buy your skills, i saw a rank 3 who killed a r14 champ in Vanyar and the champ known as the best in 1vs1 but the defiler killed him with the Blight lol
    I think my fear was only up twice for the duration of that fight, lol. And I get that, but my defiler also has zero purchased skills (and I'm minimally traited). Though perhaps part of the difference is also the whole caster/induction-based class thing. Easier for both of us to get skills off if we're both dorking around with inductions

Quote Originally Posted by searingskitso View Post
    Not any freep, just the ones who camp npcs, and run to the nearest npc camp/keep when the fights goes south.

For instance, I called out derlan and puvi today at gta, puvi ran to ec and mapped while in stealth, and derlan sprinted used all of his bubbles, heals and even his hour long for some reason at the end. I look down on players who play in this manner. i consider you one of these players daec and hence i will not offer you any fair fights.
    I fight any and every creep i come across, i don't know what server you're playing on, but we must be on different ones.
    Rank 14 Minstrel, Rank 10 Rune-keeper, Rank 7 Champion
    Rank 11 Weaver, Rank 11 Blackarrow, Rank 10 Reaver, Rank 10 Stalker, Rank 9 Defiler, Rank 7 Warleader

Smile Re: Ettenmoors

But the kills we got were really rewarding!
    Indeed, they sure were. In spite of my many deaths, I had loads of fun harassing those hunters and mini's

@ Sathim: Dude. You hit me like a train, nearly every time i appeared LoL ... Don't think my poor hide will ever be the same ^.^

~Bludluk~
    Last edited by EbonDemon; Nov 15 2011 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daec View Post
    I fight any and every creep i come across, i don't know what server you're playing on, but we must be on different ones.
    Ah yes like the time we met at lugs xroads, I got down a fire trap(somehow) and you ran and hid behind a rock... This gets you called out coward. Do you really justify this kind of pathetic play style? Your joke kid, why anyone would ever follow you into a fight is beyond me.
    Garamburn
    burtnakh of Elendilmir"Freeps I hate you all, your very presence in the Moors sickens me."

Ah yes like the time we met at lugs xroads, I got down a fire trap(somehow) and you ran and hid behind a rock... This gets you called out coward. Do you really justify this kind of pathetic play style? Your joke kid, why anyone would ever follow you into a fight is beyond me.
    Do you think before you type? Why would i stand in your fire trap? Why would i try and have a ranged stand off with a BA? That's just silly. If i'm not mistaken, you ran into OC. so....who's the coward?
    Last edited by Daec; Nov 15 2011 at 04:44 PM.
    Rank 11 Weaver, Rank 11 Blackarrow, Rank 10 Reaver, Rank 10 Stalker, Rank 9 Defiler, Rank 7 Warleader

To all the creeps complaining about the freeps, sorry that we only come out about once a week I think we should schedule a big kin vs tribe night before you guys transfer.

The problem with freepside is that everyone hates eachother where on creepside there seems to be more of a team effort. But lets face it pvp has been slowly degrading on this server for the past several years, we have seen the best on both sides slowly leave,quit, etc. and with new games on the horizon plus server transfers I am not sure how our server is going to hold up.

What you creeps have to realize though is that while you say the freeps don't push, don't fight, etc. Its not as if you are all plunging to your deaths just to have a good fight. When my kin is out there we have to constantly take into account what will and will not make you guys log off, it seems half the time when we get enough numbers to make it a fair fight half the immortals log making it a tr/ta turtle again. While I am sure there are perfectly reasonable excuses for this, you have to understand how it looks to us freeps who seem to be meeting your needs.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042070000000cbc65/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Daec View Post
    Do you think before you type? Why would i stand in your fire trap? Why would i try and have a ranged stand off with a BA? That's just silly. If i'm not mistaken, you ran into OC. so....who's the coward?
    Gallmir beat me with a fire trap down after my damage +... No los, no breaking combat. You may want to contact him for some tips on how to beast mode black arrows with their op fire traps down... Or you can just run and hide while you get called out.
    Garamburn
    burtnakh of Elendilmir"Freeps I hate you all, your very presence in the Moors sickens me."

Elrond sells freep goggles just as much as Lord Sauron forces his minions to wear his own. I have experienced it both sides. Without direct communication at that instant it is easy to make judgements on the other players choices or the situation etc etc. So dont think for one minute, Aktai, that you are completely free of the goggle curse.

Bludluk - sorry dude, wargs are pretty much my #1 target (especially if you are on the minstrel ). Wargs also seem especially squishy since Isen. It is my opinion that they are the weakest creep class out there at the moment, so good on you for sticking it out

Cosworth - You are right - I apologise. I didn't count numbers but you did come back. And I always enjoy a fight with a skilled player, doesn't matter if I win or lose. You are one of those people. (a fight where we both die is the best result imo when fighting someone who has any shred of respect for other players who they do not actually know - great fight Gorgurth loved the double kill )

To all those leaving - I'm not really sure why you are leaving, but best of luck to where-ever you go. Have fun, cos in a game thats the most important thing.

Quote Originally Posted by nolins12 View Post
    Its not as if you are all plunging to your deaths just to have a good fight.
    That's because Miltok won't get off the pot.

there's a joke there - if you weren't creepside this afternoon you probably won't get it
    [/CENTER]

Gallmir beat me with a fire trap down after my damage +... No los, no breaking combat. You may want to contact him for some tips on how to beast mode black arrows with their op fire traps down... Or you can just run and hide while you get called out.
    Yet again....who's the coward?

Nothing stopped you from running behind the rock and attacking me, instead you ran off into OC.

That's because Miltok won't get off the pot.

there's a joke there - if you weren't creepside this afternoon you probably won't get it
    lol i get it clarrow that's all that matters seems nearly every freep i see i have to use a stun pot anymore (with the exception of 1 burg who i know is gonna stun and run) so guess where i'm off to now? Yep back to feed my addiction lol
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070100001dacfe/signature.png]Miltok[/charsig]

Freep CC is a joke atm

Page 144 of 274 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 154 194 244 ... LastLast