We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 138 of 274 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 148 188 238 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 6835

Thread: Ettenmoors

Re: Ettenmoors

there's certain things I'll never do... store pots in a 1v1 are lame, and i feel if i need to pay to beat someone, then i don't deserve the points. I won't run from a fair 1v1. I won't call in friends for a fair 1v1. I'll try to let people finish fighting 1 on 1's if i see em in a random map spot (depends on my killing mood sometimes). And most importantly... I won't let my target get away till one of us is dead

Quote Originally Posted by c00kie_monster View Post
    the kicker is rast... i didn't die. i got out of ec with ~6k.
    So he got you down to like what, 10% health? Good job Rast!

Quote Originally Posted by TreborPar View Post
    So he got you down to like what, 10% health? Good job Rast!
    naw ranger did that heh. we did just have a nice fight though. stuck it out till the end and it was really close. a last second revenge was the deciding factor. might not get along, but gotta give props where due. was a good fight rast

Quote Originally Posted by jljohnson4 View Post
    I agree with this, there'll be no more complaining from me. I really dont care what anyone thinks anymore. Play dirty, and bring on the hate.
    He was kidding....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042070000000cbc65/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

2 OP rank 10+ bas vs 1 3/4th champ with npcs on him, you seriously cant let me 1v1 blodshot? Bloody pathetic. Still almost killed him. The creeps get more awful every day.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042070000000cbc65/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

xkillah is the new akart

Xkillah sounds like a really handsome, smart, and charming guy.
    Chieftain Akart, Servant of [B]Fernando the Benevolent[/B] and [B]Chester the Sleepy Squirrel[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by nolins12 View Post
    2 OP rank 10+ bas vs 1 3/4th champ with npcs on him, you seriously cant let me 1v1 blodshot? Bloody pathetic. Still almost killed him. The creeps get more awful every day.
    I was out earlier this afternon. It was very hectic out there. I know Milt and Blod have both called out spars with you before...so they wouldnt get interrupted. You have to remember too...if your attempted spar happens to be near a fight zone... especially if there have been burgs out, then the creeps arent likely to go along.

I would like to call your attention to what you just posted:

2 rank 10+ BAs vs 1 3/4 champ. (I assume 3/4 means not yet fully geared and traited?)

And yet you still almost killed one of them. Sounds to me like you won that fight even if you went to the rez circle.

Also, judging from those results in a 2v1 fight, dont you think the OP label might be in the wrong place? Those 2 BAs will not get one bit stronger unless a dev makes a change in a future update. You, however, are going to improve considerably once your LI and gear is maxxed. Once that happens, you will most likely kill at least one of them in a 2v1, and maybe both.

I know the expansion and the update are a big adjustment for everyone, and the freeps are not yet geared out. But, isnt it a lot more fun stepping off the GV steps and knowing the fight is going to be a lot harder than before?

The biggest problem I see for freeps so far is that you are usually outnumbered by a lot of very hungry creeps.

Props to all the freeps who come out and fight anyway. Soon you will all have new maxxed out LIs (using the store upgrades, just like you have since the last expansion, and just like creeps now must do to compete... welcome to Turbines new PayVPay).

I feel sure that in a few weeks, freeps will be dominating the moors as long as they group up and fight together.

But, it wont be quite as easy to just come out and farm as it used to be. For those who like to spar, that will be harder too for some classes.

Sounds like a challenge to me. Isnt that how it should be?
    Tzerion, 75 Hunter, Rank 9 (Forsaken) / Tzap 60 RK / Tzarg Rank 10 warg /Tzider Rank 8 spider / Tzerkai Rank 5 BA (Immortals)
    Arkenstone server

Quote Originally Posted by Tzer View Post
    I was out earlier this afternon. It was very hectic out there. I know Milt and Blod have both called out spars with you before...so they wouldnt get interrupted. You have to remember too...if your attempted spar happens to be near a fight zone... especially if there have been burgs out, then the creeps arent likely to go along.

I would like to call your attention to what you just posted:

2 rank 10+ BAs vs 1 3/4 champ. (I assume 3/4 means not yet fully geared and traited?)

And yet you still almost killed one of them. Sounds to me like you won that fight even if you went to the rez circle.

Also, judging from those results in a 2v1 fight, dont you think the OP label might be in the wrong place? Those 2 BAs will not get one bit stronger unless a dev makes a change in a future update. You, however, are going to improve considerably once your LI and gear is maxxed. Once that happens, you will most likely kill at least one of them in a 2v1, and maybe both.

I know the expansion and the update are a big adjustment for everyone, and the freeps are not yet geared out. But, isnt it a lot more fun stepping off the GV steps and knowing the fight is going to be a lot harder than before?

The biggest problem I see for freeps so far is that you are usually outnumbered by a lot of very hungry creeps.

Props to all the freeps who come out and fight anyway. Soon you will all have new maxxed out LIs (using the store upgrades, just like you have since the last expansion, and just like creeps now must do to compete... welcome to Turbines new PayVPay).

I feel sure that in a few weeks, freeps will be dominating the moors as long as they group up and fight together.

But, it wont be quite as easy to just come out and farm as it used to be. For those who like to spar, that will be harder too for some classes.

Sounds like a challenge to me. Isnt that how it should be?
    3/4th means I had 3/4ths of my max health, and I have a maxxed LI and gear right now. The thing that made this most surprising is just that it was two respectable people (blodshot, and especially Lugbugdush) who have 1v1d me and beat me before.

I agree with you that soon the tides will turn and freeps will most likely have the upper-hand, regardless a BA with 17k morale and monster dps/finesse can take anyone on 1v1.

Sorry Balin hes hugging his rating atm ..no hard feelings.

To Lug I just want you to know that when Koltan was 1v1 against that reaver near the norbogs and we started to fight I was not grouped nor called them in. We were just to close to EC to avoid it. The reason later when I saw you near the rock I stayed and fought. I also never attacked you after you were low health after a 1v1, though some others jumped in and rolled you. IO did however attack the other creeps that interferred with any of the 1v1s. I really have no chance to 1v1 out there but I will try it if I come up on a creep.

eh, it happens man, both sides. Near stab i was fighting a burg while an npc was on me, up rides a RK whom i wont name. I got the burg, don't recall if i finished the npc. The whole time the RK stood and watched, when all was done i was at 140 morale and the RK fried me with nearly a 4K EC.

Bad place to expect fairness and i know that. The part that angered me is at 140 morale, i would have bled out anyhow, im not the type to pop a pot or something to deny a hard faught opponant his/her points. All this tool of a runekeep really did was steal a KB from the burg who had earned it. with only 140 morale left to me, would the RK even get points??? idk i also dont know the class well, may not have been EC he hit me with, but was near 4k non the less.

Like i said bud, it happens, you arent the lone ranger on this one. Too bad the burg doesn't have the kb under his belt though... he for sure earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by nomad1971 View Post
    The whole time the RK stood and watched, when all was done i was at 140 morale and the RK fried me with nearly a 4K EC.

idk i also dont know the class well, may not have been EC he hit me with, but was near 4k non the less.
    Unpossible. No Rk can hit for 4k starting from zero attunement. All you have at your disposal is ceaseless argument and scribes spark - 2kish at the most. You must be confusing rk with ba, as they CAN start off with a 3-4k hit and finish with another... just sayin'.

I'm not complaining about BA's and their new damage, honestly I'm not. They deserve it after years of being pretty inadequate. What gets me is the 14-15k morale, rediculous mitigations, and insane amounts of finesse in addition to the damage. There's no reason for a class that can deal that sort of damage, on the move, to have ALL of those other things as well. Its been fun to fight against though, definitely a challenge...
    Last edited by vodpraetor; Oct 24 2011 at 01:56 AM.
    [FONT=Impact][COLOR=#696969]Cullin R10, Adyson R10, Praethir R9, [/COLOR] [COLOR=#add8e6]Liggins R9, Cilliann R9, Koltan R8,[/COLOR] Kolton R8, Zevin R7, Aernon R7[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdude101 View Post
    Good to know...focus fire!

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdude101 View Post
    Oh ok well that explains why he appears like such an awful player.

In what world Balin has Blodshot ever fought a 1 v 1? read earlier post about 90% of immortals running to map in spots that wasnt an exageration. blodshot is part of that 90%

On a side note the group vs group action has been fun. That fight near HH with the BA's was great couldnt believe you guys came back with out your evades up. (blodshot was part of that group)
    Last edited by Tuck4444; Oct 24 2011 at 08:41 AM.

Way too much crying about 1v1's lately. If you want 1v1's go stand at BM. Anywhere else is fair game. This is known.
    Biological - Weaver - Dwarrowdelf
    Gruxxor - Reaver - Immortals
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0821600000006f722/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Fenring View Post
    Way too much crying about 1v1's lately. If you want 1v1's go stand at BM. Anywhere else is fair game. This is known.
    Yeah but sometimes people are nice enough to not interfere with a 1v1 unless asked to interfere. There's so much zerging on Ark from both sides, and it's probably the same on other servers. It's just nice to sometimes have a spontaneous 1v1 without it becoming a 3v1 or a 20v1.

spontaneous != running up to BM

Quote Originally Posted by Fenring View Post
    Maybe the LOTRO Store needs to start offering that yellow police tape so folks can start marking off YOU SHALL NOT PASS areas for spars...lol.

But in all honesty...I agree with Grux...take it to BM please...

Quote Originally Posted by Lexmark View Post
    Maybe the LOTRO Store needs to start offering that yellow police tape so folks can start marking off YOU SHALL NOT PASS areas for spars...lol.
    I almost snorted my coffee when I read that, lmfao.

As far as spars... eh. I used to try to respect that sort of thing, but after being zerged for it a few too many times (on both sides), I gave up. I go to Riddermark if I want to be able to peacefully have 1v1s off BM.

Quote Originally Posted by xxforcardassia View Post
    I almost snorted my coffee when I read that, lmfao.

As far as spars... eh. I used to try to respect that sort of thing, but after being zerged for it a few too many times (on both sides), I gave up. I go to Riddermark if I want to be able to peacefully have 1v1s off BM.
    Well said. I know (from experience) your average creep wouldnt show me the courtesy of an uninterrupted spontaneous 1v1 off bm. If I see two ppl fighting and the freep is going to win, then I will respect the freep and let them get the kb and points he/she has earned. If I think for a second the creep is going to win, I'm going to step in (regardless of how the freep feels about it).
    Last edited by jljohnson4; Oct 24 2011 at 12:38 PM.

3/4th means I had 3/4ths of my max health, and I have a maxxed LI and gear right now. The thing that made this most surprising is just that it was two respectable people (blodshot, and especially Lugbugdush) who have 1v1d me and beat me before.

I agree with you that soon the tides will turn and freeps will most likely have the upper-hand, regardless a BA with 17k morale and monster dps/finesse can take anyone on 1v1.
    Lug and I aren't always on Teamspeak or grouped together, so many times what begins as a 1 v 1 isn't clear to the other arrival. I don't know about others, but in a fight, I'm not going to stop mid-battle to try to type a conversation in Tribe or OOC channels. I've called off my group many times to try to honor a 1 v 1 and I've been called off myself several times. What happens a majority of the time is if someone jumps in, the fight ends too quickly for anything to be communicated to alter it.

Anyway, just wanted to clarify that instance you described wasn't a coordinated effort to screw with a 1 v. 1 by Lug or myself.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDeath2 View Post
    I don't know about others, but in a fight, I'm not going to stop mid-battle to try to type a conversation in Tribe or OOC channels. I've called off my group many times to try to honor a 1 v 1 and I've been called off myself several times. What happens a majority of the time is if someone jumps in, the fight ends too quickly for anything to be communicated to alter it.
    This. I've actually been chewed out before because I didn't stop a 1v1 when another creep apparently joined in without my realizing it. Don't know about anyone else, but when I get in the "survival zone" when fighting like that, all I see are the skills I'm button smashing, where my target is, and really not much else. And I agree about time - as soon as someone, on either side, jumps in... doing anything in a reasonable time goes out the window.

Only time I, personally, get frustrated when someone jumps in is if/when they steal my KB that I felt I'd worked for (when all they did was jump in and get that kill). I try not to do this to people myself and do remember people who swipe 'em from me (aka I will not hesitate to do it to you - eye for an eye and all that).

Quote Originally Posted by jljohnson4 View Post
    Well said. I know (from experience) your average creep wouldnt show me the courtesy of an uninterrupted spontaneous 1v1 off bm. If I see two ppl fighting and the freep is going to win, then I will respect the freep and let them get the kb and points he/she has earned. If I think for a second the creep is going to win, I'm going to step in (regardless of how the freep feels about it).
    This attitude is pathetic, this is like saying some noobs went up and interrupted spars at BM, therefore I should do it too because someone else did. Show a little class, just because some pathetic creeps choose to play like little girls doesn't mean the rest of us have to. Don't stoop to their level.

Thanks for at least explaining it blodshot and not saying "1v1s are ghey stop crying nub" which seems to be the new pattern.

For the love of god, stop telling me to "take it to BM" . If I defiled your holy zerg ground by 1v1ing then deal with it and learn to play your class. This isn't Mirkwood anymore, creeps have the tools to beat 90% of the freeps out there solo, make it a better place for all of us and when there are 3 freeps out DON'T GROUP. If you feel so obligated to socialize then you can always hop in your kin/tribe's teamspeak server and chat about what you had for breakfast while staying un-grouped until you really need to.

This attitude is pathetic, this is like saying some noobs went up and interrupted spars at BM, therefore I should do it too because someone else did. Show a little class, just because some pathetic creeps choose to play like little girls doesn't mean the rest of us have to. Don't stoop to their level.
    Hey Balin......... I DONT CARE =D

Page 138 of 274 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 148 188 238 ... LastLast