We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 130 of 274 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 140 180 230 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 6835

Thread: Ettenmoors

Re: Ettenmoors

Wrong thread?

We have a lack of creeps on this server, while there are many who I admire, they are a minority. You can disagree with me if you want but it won't change anything.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042070000000cbc65/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by xxforcardassia View Post
    ...With any ranged class, there comes a point where kiting is just an annoyance. You can really only do it for so long before it becomes a fruitless effort, especially if you're in combat with a more effective melee class...
    BA's have an evade skill which can make it much more effective than on a Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by xxforcardassia View Post
    ...it's not always practical to kite kite kite (especially with a hunter when moving around diminishes your focus gain and therefore limits the quick firing shots you can get off)...
    Fleetness, Intent Concentration, Dazing Blow, Rain of Thorns, and crafted traps (not to mention bleeds and slows) all can combine make kiting very practical and effective. If you are in close combat with a melee class it is really your only option if you hope to have even a chance.
    Last edited by TreborPar; Sep 08 2011 at 07:38 PM.

@ balin- i have had small group going the past week. i said F it and joined the raid. where are these freeps who fight hard? where are the aggressive freeps? besides a hand full you. most freeps are not looking for a fight.

@treb- hunters are better kiters than a ba. try a ba and you will see your best bet is either stay in the fray and get a kill. or run like hell with snares on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by searingskitso View Post
    @treb- hunters are better kiters than a ba. try a ba and you will see your best bet is either stay in the fray and get a kill. or run like hell with snares on the ground.
    It's been a long time since I've been on my BA. I'll try to log him in sometime soon and compare, but I do remember that overall it felt much, much slower than a Hunter and the skill set (at lower ranks at least) was way less diverse, so I can see your point. It was great to run with you in the raid tonight, by the way. Glad you joined up.
    Last edited by TreborPar; Sep 12 2011 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TreborPar View Post
    It's been a long time since I've been on my BA. I'll try to log him in sometime soon and compare, but I do remember that overall it felt much, much slower than a Hunter and the skill set (at lower ranks at least) was way less diverse, so I can see your point.
    The changes made last update probably help lower BAs a lot (R0-3). I don't know where the trait Swift Draw becomes available now - I think it was a R2 trait. It improves the induction times and if you didn't have that slotted would explain why you thought it was slow.

So, do hunters have to trait to reduce inductions like that? I've been curious - I can't imagine a BA not having that trait slotted.
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#ffa500]Clarrow PeopleEater - R12 (finally!) BA[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ee82ee]Clarysta [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#ee82ee]- Lvl 100 Captain - Wannabe Freep R4[/COLOR]
    [I]Twitter - @clarystainsun[/I]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkerinthemist View Post
    The changes made last update probably help lower BAs a lot (R0-3). I don't know where the trait Swift Draw becomes available now - I think it was a R2 trait. It improves the induction times and if you didn't have that slotted would explain why you thought it was slow.

So, do hunters have to trait to reduce inductions like that? I've been curious - I can't imagine a BA not having that trait slotted.
    Clar, it's been that long since I've played the BA so I never used that trait.

All Hunters have a skill (at lvl 35) called Needful Haste that reduces induction times. It lasts 30 seconds, is on a 3 minute CD, and also requires a certain amount of focus (which for the most part must be built up over time) to be available. A LI legacy is available to increase the duration to 45 seconds when maxed and there is a trait that reduces the CD and does not allow inductions to be broken when the skill is used. If I have the focus available I use the skill every time it's up when PvMPing.

Hunters also have a few other options to reduce inductions through traiting. Those are mainly in the Huntsman trait line (blue line) and currently tied to Precision Stance (emphasis on crits and sustained damage). Everybody's opinions differ regarding this trait line as you trade damage per hit for speed. IMO it's great for PvE but not so much for PvMP. For the Moors I like to trait mainly Bowmaster (red line) and use Strength Stance (emphasis on burst damage) while using 2-3 blue line traits to keep the induction times down and have Needful Haste available more often. A lot of this is going to change to an extent once RoI is released.

@ balin- i have had small group going the past week. i said F it and joined the raid. where are these freeps who fight hard? where are the aggressive freeps? besides a hand full you. most freeps are not looking for a fight.

Sorry man I can't be out there everyday, lol.

Ok you might have a point.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042070000000cbc65/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

You have a short memory, man. Friday night. Was pretty awesome for the 6 of us that were together. You all "donated" lots of pts that night - and we pushed OC pretty much non-stop.
    [CENTER]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=White]The [/COLOR][/SIZE][URL="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"][SIZE=3][B]NOLDOR[/B][/SIZE][/URL][SIZE=1][COLOR=White] of Arkenstone[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

Relo, great fight as always. I'm never disappointed in my 1v1 battles with you. I just wish there were more of them. Sorry about the interference initially.

Aelvain honey.... you know I like to track you. I was going to pass you by but someone I was with wanted rank 5 and you allowed him to get it. Next time don't watch tv so much, k?

<3

ya sorry guys i am mean old garam lol. im too hard on the freeps some times i guess? im very tempted to come out and lead a fraid. but im scared everyone will log after a few wipes, alot of the time i just focus on THE LAST KILL, i should prolly just tell my peeps to run. but idk it seems like more fun to stick it out and see if you can get the last kill, plus i love telling my guys "were gonna die in this keep, KILL SOMETHING"
    Last edited by searingskitso; Sep 13 2011 at 05:06 AM.

ya sorry guys i am mean old garam lol. im too hard on the freeps some times i guess? im very tempted to come out and lead a fraid. but im scared everyone will log after a few wipes, alot of the time i just focus on THE LAST KILL, i should prolly just tell my peeps to ####. but idk it seems like more fun to stick it out and see if you can get the last kill

You and your 2 stars disgust me :P

ya sorry guys i am mean old garam lol. im too hard on the freeps some times i guess? im very tempted to come out and lead a fraid. but im scared everyone will log after a few wipes, alot of the time i just focus on THE LAST KILL, i should prolly just tell my peeps to run. but idk it seems like more fun to stick it out and see if you can get the last kill, plus i love telling my guys "were gonna die in this keep, KILL SOMETHING"
    Not really. Thinking back to my heavy creep playing days, I know what style of play I won't waste my time against (pew pew, turtle turtle). Therefore, I refuse to bring that style of play to my opponent. I think you're just used to the same old Freeps.

We had a group of 6 last night that was pretty outnumbered in most cases, but we stayed mobile and got lots and lots of kills anyway (aside from a couple stompings around TR, ugh). I do have to thank y'all for that well-punctuated map into Good TA - it was perfectly spaced so that as soon as we got one kill, there was another of ya just getting there to replace it. Must have racked up about 3 or 4 hundy there.

...and grats on 10 Garam.
    [CENTER]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=White]The [/COLOR][/SIZE][URL="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"][SIZE=3][B]NOLDOR[/B][/SIZE][/URL][SIZE=1][COLOR=White] of Arkenstone[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

ya woots, i remember, but i think it was good lugs though anyhow i had a blast i like the fight where we are unsure of who will win makes for a better time for both sides. but, the majority of freeps on this server seem to run 1st ask questions later. but i dont wanna gripe. it is what it is. i still have fun out there.

mak idk how i got 2 stars. must be your epic heals?
    Last edited by searingskitso; Sep 13 2011 at 05:45 PM.

ya woots, i remember, but i think it was good lugs though

That was the second (though a bit less epic) time.

but, the majority of freeps on this server seem to run 1st ask questions later
    Sure, I run from 4 on 1's every time. That's just the Darwinian nature of things...
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

2 log outs in the delving today, burg and a guard.... pathetic.... truly pathetic....

Just wanted to say thanks to the minstrel I fought yesterday (Abbyswrath or something like that) NE of the tr rez and the 8 or so freeps who stood around and watched and didn't kill me. Very classy of yas. /cheer

Relo, I'll kill you one of these days... maybe.

Broken legs plus moving target = fail so dose a harasing warg that lets his the BA he called in die....

Great creep showing as of late.....keep em' coming rank 10 is coming fast.

deleted 123
    Last edited by bruun; Sep 15 2011 at 09:08 PM.

lol brun was that something about me....my wife came in when we were sparring. I knew you would say something. I will give ya one next time.

had a guard and capi run on me today, didnt even look back to see if they maybe wanted a fight. just hauled ###..... was solo on a ba..... sorry if i took it out on you derlan/ozluk, but, ya not really in a freep friendly mood atm.

Don't piss and moan when the same is returned to you then Garam. You guys had ample opportunities to fight 1 v 1 the other day and refused to ungroup.

ya auzue, when i grouped there was a group of 2 rk 2 capi. so i was kinda looking for them also. there was a mini and guard in ec the whole time if that makes you feel any better...

and it always happens to me, thats why i rarely solo.

Who is anyone to demand or expect anything from another? You not having fun? Get out and do something ya ####.
    Chieftain Akart, Servant of [B]Fernando the Benevolent[/B] and [B]Chester the Sleepy Squirrel[/B]

pretty nice fights yesterday with miltok and the immortals, nice to get away from OC and have a decent fight. I think the best part of one of those fights was when i was trying to regen out of the ball there was a ring of defilers boxing everyone in, it was hilarious and awesome!!!

Page 130 of 274 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 140 180 230 ... LastLast