We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 107 of 274 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 117 157 207 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 6835

Thread: Ettenmoors

Re: Ettenmoors

Quote Originally Posted by xxforcardassia View Post
    So that reaver I tried to 1v1 on TA lawn? Did you really need help? lol

You're a reaver! Run around me, don't let me get off my shots - I didn't even have resolute aim up and you weren't doing much to interrupt me. Hunters (like BAs) are really easy targets, especially for melee classes.
    that was me on a rank 3 (at the time) reaver.... no interrupts, common damage, etc.

I did call you out after you rooted me and heartseekered me from stealth, and then restealthed after I went around a wall to regen, get root pot back from cd, and fight you. I had every intention of doing just that... 1v1, but I wasnt stupid enough to try to get in melee range on a hunter 30 m away who had just heartseekered half my health away and was ready to slow/dot and take away the other half before I could ever get in melee range. You still had a mez, slow, traps, and a melee stun left.

I was just rank 3, but its an alt, and I'm not as green as I look. As a matter of fact, I have a rank 9 hunter that got his ranks back when the game was quite different.

So, I regenned and went out to your last location before your hearseeker was up again; and you attacked me again from stealth and the fight was on. I didnt know the BA was there until you got the VT.

It would have been a close fight, but I can tell you no reaver is going to let you start a 1v1 with a root and heartseeker from stealth every time. Tell you what...next time you want to 1v1 me, let me take half your health off first....sounds fair doesnt it?

You choose to play your hunter solo in ambush mode...thats fine, I'm sure it often works great for you. Its a good strat against a reaver or warg, but only if they play it your way.
    Tzerion, 75 Hunter, Rank 9 (Forsaken) / Tzap 60 RK / Tzarg Rank 10 warg /Tzider Rank 8 spider / Tzerkai Rank 5 BA (Immortals)
    Arkenstone server

If you play a hunter, then you should know it doesn't take a true interrupt to get in the way of my ranged skills (after all, what's the point of sitting there trying to get a ranged skill off if you're beating on me the whole time).

Also, I was only stealthed to avoid a surprise zerg before I could track nature/foe. Second track showed you, I turned and attacked (I never hesitate or wait for 1v1 "signals" on TA lawn, too risky, imo). When you went into the NPCs outta my LoS, I actually restealthed to move off and go back toward EC. It was only when you moved out from that spot did I turn to fight. But it is what it is.

Though the one thing I'm curious about is, if you really intended a 1v1, why call it out at all? Ggrishnak was around the TR rez (along with me and Shneeky) and 1v1ing us, but he was never called out in chat about being there (at least not the public chat channels, I can't speak for Shneeky about any tells/fellow/kin stuff). You can't call out where someone or something is and not expect the other freeps/creeps to head to that spot. In fact, there was chatter about creeps at TR at the time, so when I was done with my 1v1s, I went over there. It's in pretty much everyone's nature to try and gravitate to where they know the opposing side is - it is PvP, after all, pretty dull to sit around in one spot and wait for something to come along.

Quote Originally Posted by nomad1971 View Post
    Had ALOT of small group/1v1 encounters with Sathim over the last few days on multiple toons of mine. Top notch fella with a real good attitude. Thank you for sticking around on those fights where i die and you're gonna bleed out rather than sprinting off to die and denying points. Much Respect to you! Glorno, as we've discussed on here before, often 1v1 or small skirmish type encounters don't always go as we like and sometimes ppl get ganked. But on those rare occasions like last night when they go how we both like (with the exception of me dying lol) they are always a blast! hopefully we will find more opportunities. Always fun running into the hobbit wrd with 9k health
    Yeah last night was totally fun, pretty rare to get multiple fights in a row like that especially near a map spot like gta.

Props to you guys for tracking us down over and over again (literally ) and props to Sathim for sticking around as well heh. Good times

RE: 3200 crit... wow I didn't know VT could crit that high. Normal hits from VT on me are 1000-1200, I don't know if I've been crit or not but I couldn't imagine a devastate doing 3x the damage... Maybe it's one of those skills that does bonus crit damage or something, either way nice one . Those big hits are always fun, especially when it barely finishes them off so you know you got the most out of the crit. Nothing worse than "wasting" that huge crit when they have like 100 left lol
    [center]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tY1055I.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=green][b]Gloarn[/b][/color] 80 Burglar [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glorn[/b][/color] 75 Champion [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Gloirn[/b][/color] 75 Rune-keeper [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glourn[/b][/color] 75 Captain
    [color=brown][b]Glarnakh[/b][/color] R7 Warleader [color=grey]|[/color] [color=brown][b]Glarno[/b][/color] R6 Reaver
    [/center]

If you play a hunter, then you should know it doesn't take a true interrupt to get in the way of my ranged skills (after all, what's the point of sitting there trying to get a ranged skill off if you're beating on me the whole time).

Also, I was only stealthed to avoid a surprise zerg before I could track nature/foe. Second track showed you, I turned and attacked (I never hesitate or wait for 1v1 "signals" on TA lawn, too risky, imo). When you went into the NPCs outta my LoS, I actually restealthed to move off and go back toward EC. It was only when you moved out from that spot did I turn to fight. But it is what it is.

Though the one thing I'm curious about is, if you really intended a 1v1, why call it out at all? Ggrishnak was around the TR rez (along with me and Shneeky) and 1v1ing us, but he was never called out in chat about being there (at least not the public chat channels, I can't speak for Shneeky about any tells/fellow/kin stuff). You can't call out where someone or something is and not expect the other freeps/creeps to head to that spot. In fact, there was chatter about creeps at TR at the time, so when I was done with my 1v1s, I went over there. It's in pretty much everyone's nature to try and gravitate to where they know the opposing side is - it is PvP, after all, pretty dull to sit around in one spot and wait for something to come along.
    True, neither one of us jumped to signal a 1v1, after all...you didnt give me a chance to do that, did you?

I'm not complaining, I wouldnt expect you to, nor would I expect a warg or burg to. My point is, it wasn't a spar... it was an ambush that didnt go your way.

I will say this though, I never liked the ambush style of playing a hunter, it used to be too OP against green creeps when heartseeker was higher damage and green creeps had less mitigations. So, that may have influenced my decision to call you out as quickly as I did. That isnt your fault...you werent doing anything you shouldnt have been doing. Its just an old peeve from my hunter days.

Lets look at it another way.... you ambushed me (a pure melee class) and took off half my health before the fight even started for me. You were using one of the strengths of your class... all good. A hunter needs to do his damage at range.

I potted the root and moved behind the nearest walll to break line of sight while the heartseeker hit me. I was using my mobility and the wall to negate your ranged advantage... also all good. A reaver needs to either close distance with a hunter very quickly, or break los. A reaver cant charge in combat nor can he close distance quickly through slows and traps.

At that point you could have moved around the wall to get los on me again, but you did not... you restealthed. You ended the fight between us. Once you did that...our fight was over and you were food for the tribe.

At that point I called you out. My words in chat were somnething like...."hunter ambushing on ta lawn... restealthed after ambush instead of fighting." It is the same reason we all call out most burgs...because once they stealth,(and they almost always do) they can attack anyone, not just you. I'm sure wargs get the same courtesy freepside.

I dont want to give the impression here that I think you did anything wrong, and I see your point entirely. I am spending all this time discussing this, because I think there are too many feelings being hurt all over the moors on both sides because "1v1" isnt always that way.

It is an open PvP zone, the only 1v1s that happen at all are an aberation, not a rule.
    Tzerion, 75 Hunter, Rank 9 (Forsaken) / Tzap 60 RK / Tzarg Rank 10 warg /Tzider Rank 8 spider / Tzerkai Rank 5 BA (Immortals)
    Arkenstone server

I wasn't complaining about not getting a 1v1, I was complaining about how a reaver (from what I could see at the time) seemed to have called someone to come help them out in a situation where I could have easily been wiped anyway. I get hit by reavers all the time with no warning, no chance to even blink before I'm down to half morale. And they can't even do a true ambush, lol.

Things don't always go as planned for anyone. And, honestly, I consider anything that turns into 1 person fighting another person to be a "1v1" regardless of any signals or indicators of it being 'welcomed' from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianGirl723 View Post
    I hear about exploits all time from both sides (although the complaints about creep ones make me laugh), and I let it go in one ear and out the other. Today, at TA, I got to see it courtesy of a certain exploiting RK and a burg. There are what, five or more RK's, couple guards, burgs, and only a few of us and you have to bug NPCs out to get us? It's a bit annoying that people have time to learn exploits. I'd say play fair but that would be silly out here, wouldn't it? And yay, I get to be bashed now and my post gets to be picked apart. Now I'll be like everyone else! I would like to thank my parents for making me, Luk for being awesome duo partner, Muz for being my buddy, The Immortals for their awesomeness, and banana hammocks for being the best conversation starter ever.

Love (Un)Glammie
    P.S. Hugs to Hardia!
    I think this was me who "exploited" the npcs in TA :3 this is how it really happened...

One day in the ettenmoors, there were 5 rune-keepers desperate for some creep hunting and renown! They ran after a reaver from West TA entrance to East TA entrance! One of those Rune-keepers was yours truly! Leading the charge! Aggravating all of TA just to get about 18 renown woo hoo! But oh no! She was down to her last 1k morale so she decided to jump out the back of TA, much like creeps jump out of EC when "strategically" distracting all the npcs for the 2-3 freeps inside! but anyway! How was she to know the npcs would not follow her out the window (or the creeps for that matter!) This story does have a happy ending... she gets her 18 renown and made it alive and well back to EC where they yes regrouped only to find that the creeps were no where to be seen after that... /cheer

<3 Cherry
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000feebc/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Cherry, no offense, but you all weren't looking very hard if the creeps magically disappeared. The three people who were anywhere near the group of 5 rks, 1 or 2 burgs, and 2 guards...was sitting in front of TA...waiting for aforementioned group to DO SOMETHING. I hate when a groups in general with superior numbers sit and twiddle their thumbs and only occasionally pushes forward to get one or two kills....and then run away again. I can't imagine how that's fun to anyone. I mean: "hahahaha did you see how fast we blew that one guy up? we could totally crush them but we just got one guy! hahahaha! we're cool and stuff!" Is that how it's fun? Or maybe: "Oh we got someone who couldn't do anything because we had stun/root/mez out the A! Take that! Look at how well 10 people do vs 1 person! We're so awesome!" Please excuse me if I'm slightly confused as to where the fun is in that.

~Second half of that wasn't aimed at you, it was to the whole population.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinghunter247 View Post
    I think this was me who "exploited" the npcs in TA :3 this is how it really happened...

One day in the ettenmoors, there were 5 rune-keepers desperate for some creep hunting and renown! They ran after a reaver from West TA entrance to East TA entrance! One of those Rune-keepers was yours truly! Leading the charge! Aggravating all of TA just to get about 18 renown woo hoo! But oh no! She was down to her last 1k morale so she decided to jump out the back of TA, much like creeps jump out of EC when "strategically" distracting all the npcs for the 2-3 freeps inside! but anyway! How was she to know the npcs would not follow her out the window (or the creeps for that matter!) This story does have a happy ending... she gets her 18 renown and made it alive and well back to EC where they yes regrouped only to find that the creeps were no where to be seen after that... /cheer

<3 Cherry
    This is why I love you, Cherry, lol <3

And the raid tonight... meh. Reminded why I don't do this often. Was great at first flipping TR and TA and getting those relics, but it dissolved after that.

I hate rez farming. Don't care who does it, I just hate it. Give the other side a chance to do something for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianGirl723 View Post
    Ooh, I love storytime. I'm pretty sure you had more than 1k health and I'm positive the burg did too. Regardless, we were all still in TA for awhile after you did this and you said we were nowhere to be found. Why are you so proud of exploiting? Just curious. I have absolutely nothing against you or anyone else, but I am a little frustrated with people who do exploit. I understand you want attention, hun, but respect is just as lovely.
    She's always been like this.

who are all these cool people in this game oh yeah people who die to my vts all the time

I wanna give props to Ungolliar and Akart from last night. Y'all are tough to beat, and had my group a bit annoyed for a while - thanks for continuing to come back and fight us even though y'all were out numbered (especially at the end when Krug came in with his sliding shield wall, lol). Annoying as it was, it was a lot of fun (and nice to be away from the farming raid).

Soooooo. You can flip keeps without killing the tyrant now? That's good to know.
    Chieftain Akart, Servant of [B]Fernando the Benevolent[/B] and [B]Chester the Sleepy Squirrel[/B]

I wanna give props to Ungolliar and Akart from last night. Y'all are tough to beat, and had my group a bit annoyed for a while - thanks for continuing to come back and fight us even though y'all were out numbered (especially at the end when Krug came in with his sliding shield wall, lol). Annoying as it was, it was a lot of fun (and nice to be away from the farming raid).
    yah those were fun fights, we tried to work in a diff strategy every time just for fun, some worked, some failed; got so hung up on the 2 rk hunter mix, i didnt even notice till it was too late that you changed out one of the rks for another hunter haha. that one didnt go so well for us...the shield wall...well, just ugh. A lot of the fights were really close and coulda gone either way, but for a skill or two here or there. Was a lot more fun than being instantly explodified every time i saw the main freep raid, where the only skill i ever got off was the retreat button....hope we get some more of those small skirmies in the future fo sho.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000117fa3/signature.png]Telcontarr[/charsig]
    F - Various Species of Food
    C - Ungolliar, Slippyclaw, Ummpo, Ironlung, Disquiet, Highwaystar

Quote Originally Posted by SarumanWise View Post
    Soooooo. You can flip keeps without killing the tyrant now? That's good to know.
    Ninja Hobbit strike force....

Really, I know a couple of days ago we killed the tyrant but got over ran on the flag and a freep logged and saw there was no tyrant and was able to flip the flag.

The last time I logged in the flag room in a taken keep the flag will saw you cant do that or some stuff but I like to think of a ninja hobbit squad running around middle earth

Quote Originally Posted by Raif_Obduran View Post
    yah those were fun fights, we tried to work in a diff strategy every time just for fun, some worked, some failed; got so hung up on the 2 rk hunter mix, i didnt even notice till it was too late that you changed out one of the rks for another hunter haha. that one didnt go so well for us...the shield wall...well, just ugh. A lot of the fights were really close and coulda gone either way, but for a skill or two here or there. Was a lot more fun than being instantly explodified every time i saw the main freep raid, where the only skill i ever got off was the retreat button....hope we get some more of those small skirmies in the future fo sho.
    Yeah, the hunter was a friend that ended up bailing on the raid to join us and the other rk had gone afk at the time, so it worked to keep the numbers as they were, lol. The sliding shield wall was actually unexpected, I honestly didn't know he was that close when we were fighting you that time (also dropped around that time from the raid to join us). Truthfully, I was totally expecting to have my little elf butt handed to me

And definitely some kudos to you guys for not falling into the rez farming action that was going on - it was a little crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by ElricBlack View Post
    Really, I know a couple of days ago we killed the tyrant but got over ran on the flag and a freep logged and saw there was no tyrant and was able to flip the flag.
    That's just it though, we were sluggin it out in the flag room and I managed to flip the keep. Our npcs spawned but we wiped and were on our way back when someone says "Hey, someone is kneeling on the flag!" We tried to make it back but the keep flipped back on us. Very confusing and a little irritating.
    Chieftain Akart, Servant of [B]Fernando the Benevolent[/B] and [B]Chester the Sleepy Squirrel[/B]

That's just it though, we were sluggin it out in the flag room and I managed to flip the keep. Our npcs spawned but we wiped and were on our way back when someone says "Hey, someone is kneeling on the flag!" We tried to make it back but the keep flipped back on us. Very confusing and a little irritating.
    If it was a couple days ago that was me that snagged it. Happened to log off if tr when i had to jet and logged in to a free and open flag with no guards and no action. LC was flipped at almost the exact same time I flipped it. But yeah the Tyrant was down and no npcs and a luckily timed login. That said not sure it was the same event if you say the tyrant was up at the time.

Out of curiousity what happens if you start flipping the flag and the tyrant spawns while its flipping? Will the induction get interrupted and fail?

Quote Originally Posted by thejadestorm View Post
    If it was a couple days ago that was me that snagged it. Happened to log off if tr when i had to jet and logged in to a free and open flag with no guards and no action.
    Happened to us an hour and a half ago.

Happened to us an hour and a half ago.
    Ah ok, definitely was not me then. =)

so whats the reasoning behind flipping tr when you greatly outnumber the freeps this time? just trying to kill the fights for the evening or did that greenie need another map?
    [URL="http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php"][IMG]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/6/2/0/3/5/5562035EsfXx.png[/IMG][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Armarieth View Post
    so whats the reasoning behind flipping tr when you greatly outnumber the freeps this time? just trying to kill the fights for the evening or did that greenie need another map?
    honestly maie their are a few reasons, 1st lately creepside has been largley outnumbered and while we are boxed in trying to defend, anoher group goes and does a ninja pull on another keep, we map out to defend it and we all can see (both sides) when it is a ninja. this was our 2nd attempt today at taking TR. both times we slow pulled the keep, did it right. no ninja take. i know you and El aren't the ones behind doing the ninja flips with numbers on your side but it has been happening. 2nd many ppl either dont care or dont realize that many of the players creepside practically live out there. i know ppl who have played from (the old days) and have not gotten their freeps toons to 50. they just dont care for it. therefore the moors zone is their home i guess you might say, such as bree/21st for freeps i guess. they are there all the time to either give or take points. Lately it seems as though some not all but some freeps seem to be enjoying coming out with large numbers, say near 30v10 during "off hours" boxing ppl into a keep and farming for hours. this i do not have a problem with, the problem lies in the fact that as soon as those 10 grow to a more powerful number and seem to hold their own. get one good bust on those freeps. then freeps just leave. so after hours of feeding points in the area of lotro in which they choose to play. they get a couple then its back to gathering kindling for maps. Once again i AM NOT saying this is you. but there has been this situation going on alot

I guess Im at a loss. From my perspective there were a solid 14-16 creeps, maybe more, who seemed to be raided up. The only blue keep was TR. Leaving TR blue would seem to be at an advantage for creeps as the freeps are lulled into a false sense of security simply by the fact that its there and because we have a rez and can get back to the fights sooner. Its almost like youre just looking for a EC/STAB fight. Then where the heck did the group who flipped the keep go? Nobody came up to gv so far as I can tell so I guess either they logged or were waiting in a keep somewhere for freeps to grow impatient and stroll out one or two at a time for the slaughter. Its just been so weird and really not at all enjoyable lately. At least Im catching up on Master Chef and my laundry. ::sigh::
    [URL="http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php"][IMG]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/6/2/0/3/5/5562035EsfXx.png[/IMG][/URL]

I guess Im at a loss. From my perspective there were a solid 14-16 creeps, maybe more, who seemed to be raided up. The only blue keep was TR. Leaving TR blue would seem to be at an advantage for creeps as the freeps are lulled into a false sense of security simply by the fact that its there and because we have a rez and can get back to the fights sooner. Its almost like youre just looking for a EC/STAB fight. Then where the heck did the group who flipped the keep go? Nobody came up to gv so far as I can tell so I guess either they logged or were waiting in a keep somewhere for freeps to grow impatient and stroll out one or two at a time for the slaughter. Its just been so weird and really not at all enjoyable lately. At least Im catching up on Master Chef and my laundry. ::sigh::
    ahhh so TR falls again to yet another ninja.. guys come on, if we can slow pull a keep and do it right, please give us the same chance to defend. Yet a 3rd reason why i will do everything i can to keep the map red. BTW masterchef.. HATE that blonde haired chick with the potty mouth can't wait for her to go!

I guess Im at a loss. From my perspective there were a solid 14-16 creeps, maybe more, who seemed to be raided up. The only blue keep was TR. Leaving TR blue would seem to be at an advantage for creeps as the freeps are lulled into a false sense of security simply by the fact that its there and because we have a rez and can get back to the fights sooner.
    I've said this countless times while on creep side, as I too can see the benefits of *JUST ONE* blue tr or lug, but the reactions I get are similar to

"why does it matter what we do?"
    "freep lover"
    "they can get more people and take it back" (this one always makes me lol)
    "go get on you freep"
    "if they want it they can fight for it" (I've heard this even when there were dozens of creeps on and just a handful of freeps)
    "creeps need to work on their maps" (how often do people on EITHER side see this happening?? lol)
    "they have a rez at gv"

and so on.

Once in a blue moon, maybe once every few months, a creep will speak up and say something to the effect of "a blue keep will bring out more freeps" but most of the time it's the "kill kill kill and take all keeps without any regard for how it's going to affect the other side" mentality.

Those who don't sometimes play freep side aren't going to see things from a freep perspective. Whether they're unable to or they just choose not to is another story.

So Maie, don't waste your time.

Page 107 of 274 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 117 157 207 ... LastLast