We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 101 of 274 FirstFirst ... 51 91 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 6835

Thread: Ettenmoors

Re: Ettenmoors

Here's an idea. Lets all just quit running and hiding and have a nice old open field massacre. I mean are you really gonna impress the ladies by saying "I have the most stars on Arkenstone" gonna make your parents proud by saying " I've got a full moors armor set" gonna get the big promotion by telling your boss " My current rating is well above 1300"? NO! Because its just a game. Come on out live a little! Die a little! Have some fun! Jeez!

Iscariot

Meh, if both sides stopped raiding up the instant they step out of GV/Grams we might see better fights. I have been getting frustrated by the farming nature of the Moors lately, but I don't think it's only Creeps that do it even though that's what I mostly see. I'm sure if I was on my Creep more I would say the same about the Freeps, I think both sides need to stop with the raids every time they play.

Farming is for PvE, raiding up for easy points is the furthest thing from what PvP should be. Gank people from the rez, try to catch said rez gankers, explore the less traveled areas of the Moors, try running around the map without a raid behind you and engage in some actual PvP you might like it.
    Last edited by thunderchickn; Jun 28 2011 at 06:55 PM.
    [center]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tY1055I.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=green][b]Gloarn[/b][/color] 80 Burglar [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glorn[/b][/color] 75 Champion [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Gloirn[/b][/color] 75 Rune-keeper [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glourn[/b][/color] 75 Captain
    [color=brown][b]Glarnakh[/b][/color] R7 Warleader [color=grey]|[/color] [color=brown][b]Glarno[/b][/color] R6 Reaver
    [/center]

Quote Originally Posted by thunderchickn View Post
    Meh, if both sides stopped raiding up the instant they step out of GV/Grams we might see better fights. I have been getting frustrated by the farming nature of the Moors lately, but I don't think it's only Creeps that do it even though that's what I mostly see. I'm sure if I was on my Creep more I would say the same about the Freeps, I think both sides need to stop with the raids every time they play.

Farming is for PvE, raiding up for easy points is the furthest thing from what PvP should be. Gank people from the rez, try to catch said rez gankers, explore the less traveled areas of the Moors, try running around the map without a raid behind you and engage in some actual PvP you might like it.
    totally agree glorno, although some classes both sides just do not solo as well as others and as you know a low rank creep stands 0 chance of killing a lvl 65 freep. but agree with your thoughts. always fun running into you man, even if im on the sore end of it

Quote Originally Posted by nomad1971 View Post
    totally agree glorno, although some classes both sides just do not solo as well as others and as you know a low rank creep stands 0 chance of killing a lvl 65 freep. but agree with your thoughts. always fun running into you man, even if im on the sore end of it
    Oh yeah absolutely that wasn't meant to tell everyone to go solo so I could get more points! On my WL the most fun I ever had was running with a very good Warg friend of mine, or his Reaver and that's it. I didn't mean solo only, I mean grab a buddy if you're on a BA/WL/Defiler or something like that and go see how much fun you can have. I would bet a lot of people might be surprised at how dynamic and how much more fun it is than just farming 2 people with 10 in a raid or something like that.

I maintain farming is NOT PvP, if you just want to sit there and faceroll yourself to achieve a large accumulation of something go farm exceptional hides. PvP is fighting against an unpredictable opponent, not steamrolling them before they even have a chance to react.
    [center]
    [color=green][b]Gloarn[/b][/color] 80 Burglar [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glorn[/b][/color] 75 Champion [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Gloirn[/b][/color] 75 Rune-keeper [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glourn[/b][/color] 75 Captain
    [color=brown][b]Glarnakh[/b][/color] R7 Warleader [color=grey]|[/color] [color=brown][b]Glarno[/b][/color] R6 Reaver
    [/center]

Quote Originally Posted by thunderchickn View Post
    Oh yeah absolutely that wasn't meant to tell everyone to go solo so I could get more points! On my WL the most fun I ever had was running with a very good Warg friend of mine, or his Reaver and that's it. I didn't mean solo only, I mean grab a buddy if you're on a BA/WL/Defiler or something like that and go see how much fun you can have. I would bet a lot of people might be surprised at how dynamic and how much more fun it is than just farming 2 people with 10 in a raid or something like that.
    That's actually how most of the day is for creepside, except when we get facerolled by 20+ freeps cuz they cant get away from 5-6 creeps. I pretty much guarantee the only time we raid up is to defend a keep that is being pushed by a raid of freeps. WE creeps just communicate better than you guys. if you dont like being farmed in the same place......go somewhere else......pretty simple imo. We are gonna find you in EC or turtling inside a keep, if you want solo kills or 1v1s learn the creep tendencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankj45 View Post
    That's actually how most of the day is for creepside, except when we get facerolled by 20+ freeps cuz they cant get away from 5-6 creeps. I pretty much guarantee the only time we raid up is to defend a keep that is being pushed by a raid of freeps. WE creeps just communicate better than you guys. if you dont like being farmed in the same place......go somewhere else......pretty simple imo. We are gonna find you in EC or turtling inside a keep, if you want solo kills or 1v1s learn the creep tendencies.
    It's just not true that the Creeps don't raid up until they get rolled by Freeps. Almost every time I've come out for the past 2 weeks the Creeps have had a giant group and the Freeps have just been running around looking for them, just to get rolled by the zerg. I rarely see a Freep raid farming a couple Creeps at a time, but I'll admit that it still probably happens because I don't believe that Creeps play completely different than Freeps.

I'll also say that just because you're not killing the same 2 freeps in the same exact place, that doesn't mean it's not farming. If you're roaming the map with 10 Creeps and you know there are only a few Freeps out and they're just wandering around alone, you're looking to farm them plain and simple. Some people are fine with that, I think it's boring and that kind of play belongs in PvE.

I also count the Creeps as "raided up" if there are 20 people following each other around, whether they're in group or not. Whether or not you're actually in the same group as those other Creeps doesn't matter much at that point, you're still using massive numbers to just faceroll points. I've seen people in Freep OOC say "we were all solo" even though there's like 15 of them all travelling within 10m of each other lol. You're not solo at that point, you might as well be in a raid because that's effectively what it is.
    [center]
    [/center]

I run duo all the time. Usually pick someone I enjoy the company of and just go hunting for somethin... trouble is, more often than not, we get called out. Or the freep we find, runs... then calls in the entire zerg ball in on us... and it gets old quick. But it is what it is, and will continue to run the way I run... I do find the occasional freep or 2 that wont run and actually give me a good fight. Today it was Corinthianz.. (sorry if I misspelled) cheers to you on a good spar.

@glorn- its the way it is, lower rank creeps cant kill solo so they have to follow, some classes still cant kill when ranked, blame turbine not the players, make creeps more soloable and you will have a bunch of god mode players running around solo, kicking your ###, then your like "i should stay near other ppl so i dont get ganked". then the creeps will be wanting more solo action and write on the forums... you see where im going with this?

you should find someone to duo with or stay away from the "watering holes" ec, oc etc if you want to find a solo. just be aware that creeps feel nerfed and will use numbers and tactics to win.

Am i forgetting something here I thought the way for Creeps to Win is to bring the numbers. How many times in the Books and the movies did the free people fight creeps one on one? The thing is Creeps aren't as powerful as Freeps there not built that way so they overwhelm you with numbers ( not saying High rank creeps aren't powerful solo or in spars) its lore

I am normally roaming around solo and i tend to find quite a few fights. I generally know if im gonna get called out by who i am fighting though its just an acceptance thing. Nothing gets my adrenaline pumping more then winning a two on 1. Congrats to Gilg btw for beating myself and another the other day solo very well done. I understand your pain blodloaf but its the same arguement for freep side like really come on you guys got maps i know some of the immortals sit in 1 shots waiting for the call out to map and zerg its the set up of the moors.

Example: I called out in OOC the other day i" I am drop pulling TR get ready to run up" then went and sat at PTR low and behold not 30 seconds later every immortal on maps there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck4444 View Post
    I am normally roaming around solo and i tend to find quite a few fights. I generally know if im gonna get called out by who i am fighting though its just an acceptance thing. Nothing gets my adrenaline pumping more then winning a two on 1. Congrats to Gilg btw for beating myself and another the other day solo very well done. I understand your pain blodloaf but its the same arguement for freep side like really come on you guys got maps i know some of the immortals sit in 1 shots waiting for the call out to map and zerg its the set up of the moors.

Example: I called out in OOC the other day i" I am drop pulling TR get ready to run up" then went and sat at PTR low and behold not 30 seconds later every immortal on maps there.
    perhaps for example if ppl want a 1v1 they should just mov before they fight. Good example, the other day im on my reaver. i see Derlan in front of EC. we stare each other down, both knowing what we want. behind me i see some creeps. so i moved, slowly down to Norbolgs, away from others. i think it took Derlan a moment to figure out my intentions but glad you did man. He cautiously worked his way along the ridge and came down. we moved the fight away from others. nobody was there nobody got called out and we had our 1v1 near the water. Thanks for following Derlan, i am practicing when i get the chance and maybe next time i might win. You gotta admit. fighting in the norbolgs, making us use caution with our aoe's both champs and reavers are known for was a fun change.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankj45 View Post
    This is true on both sides, everyone wants points, so if someone isnt in the action... well freep/creep more than likely gonna camp where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ElricBlack View Post
    Am i forgetting something here I thought the way for Creeps to Win is to bring the numbers. How many times in the Books and the movies did the free people fight creeps one on one? The thing is Creeps aren't as powerful as Freeps there not built that way so they overwhelm you with numbers ( not saying High rank creeps aren't powerful solo or in spars) its lore
    the lore you say

explain rune keepers

yeah i didnt think you could

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck4444 View Post

you "know" eh im assuming you are either dual boxing or maybe have a alt friend in tribe?

can you prove this or is this more jibberish... im gonna say its the lsecond one

Quote Originally Posted by ElricBlack View Post
    Please...yes I supposed if the moors were like the lore I would be able to kill 30 creeps at a time, BAs would be riding on wargs, there would be no RKs,wardens would be useful, and spiders wouldn't be out fighting with orcs. Anyway Aragorn 1v1d that BA when Boromir died.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042070000000cbc65/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by nolins12 View Post
    Please...yes I supposed if the moors were like the lore I would be able to kill 30 creeps at a time, BAs would be riding on wargs, there would be no RKs,wardens would be useful, and spiders wouldn't be out fighting with orcs. Anyway Aragorn 1v1d that BA when Boromir died.
    omg! warg for me YES PLEASE! then i would stand a prayer against these 45 second sprint champs

yes and in the lore, books and movies all the free peoples didn't have combat sprints to run away lol

Quote Originally Posted by Charwyn View Post
    you "know" eh im assuming you are either dual boxing or maybe have a alt friend in tribe?

can you prove this or is this more jibberish... im gonna say its the lsecond one
    Charwyn, just who the hell are you, ya just seem content with stirring the pot here and littering up our forums with page after page after page of cuts and insults. For someone who wont let anyone know who they are out here. you apparantely know an awful lot about everyone or so it seems. this thread as far as i know is supposed to be for us all to discuss how we feel about things in the ettenmoors but you seem like you are always trying to make some kind of major fight out of anything the freeps make here, and yet wont back yourself up by putting who you are. we cant all agree with what the other is doing here in the moors and if someone has a reply they should just state it and get over it. i for one wont be reading any posts put here by charwyn so if you want to flame away at me now go ahead i wont pay any attention.ppl need to remember not everything here is a personal attack on others. these are all just OUR OWN views as we see what in OUR OWN opinion is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by searingskitso View Post
    @glorn- its the way it is, lower rank creeps cant kill solo so they have to follow, some classes still cant kill when ranked, blame turbine not the players, make creeps more soloable and you will have a bunch of god mode players running around solo, kicking your ###, then your like "i should stay near other ppl so i dont get ganked". then the creeps will be wanting more solo action and write on the forums... you see where im going with this?
    I'm not trying to say everyone needs to run around by themselves no matter what, not at all. My only issue is when there are people raided up going after just a few players from the other side at a time. It boils down to farming to me, and it has no place in PvP.

This is true on both sides, everyone wants points, so if someone isnt in the action... well freep/creep more than likely gonna camp where it is.
    This does kind of sum up my point. I place the blame partly with Turbine for making points so important to Creeps and making the most effective way to get them to LOLWTF zerg any Freep they come across. I have jokingly said a few times in Freep OOC "points > fun, it's the way of the Moors" or something like that but there is at least a sliver of truth to that. I get the feeling that there are times when Creeps (and for some reason I don't understand also Freeps) who will put points above everything, including having fun. Forming up a raid to kill 2-3 Creeps at the rez, calling out the greenie who is passing EC for everyone to come steamroll them (sad the number of times this happens), mapping in to kill 1 Freep because 3 Creeps isn't enough for some reason, etc. It's just a mindset that boils down to "I need points, the best way to get them is to just raid up and farm these few guys over here so that's what I'm going to do."

I suppose some of it comes from the majority of my play time, usually after the raid fights are done with around 10-11pm PST. I realize that there is probably still some remains of the Creep raid at this time and they will continue to run around trying to find the raid of Freeps but end up just zerging every 1 or 2 players they come across. I understand why this would happen but at some point someone has got to realize that there isn't a raid of Freeps anymore and it's time to split up and have a little more fun. Of course everyone can spend their money on this game however they want to, I just can't imagine 10v2 fights for hours on end fun. I usually get away from it after they get me a few times, but they still run around in a raid killing 1 or 2 Freeps at a time and I just don't get how that could be fun for them. You might as well PvE at that point.

EDIT: I want to say that I'm very happy I haven't seen this as much in the past few nights, but for the 2 or 3 weeks prior it has been commonplace. Maybe it was just a combination of different people who really wanted to hit the next rank so they were raided up all the time, but it doesn't seem to be so bad the past few nights. I hope it stays like this, I've been getting good 1v1s and 2v1s and also been dying quite a bit so it hasn't been easy mode, good balance to me. It's been fun.
    Last edited by thunderchickn; Jun 29 2011 at 03:40 PM.
    [center]
    [/center]

Charwyn, just who the hell are you, ya just seem content with stirring the pot here and littering up our forums with page after page after page of cuts and insults. For someone who wont let anyone know who they are out here. you apparantely know an awful lot about everyone or so it seems. this thread as far as i know is supposed to be for us all to discuss how we feel about things in the ettenmoors but you seem like you are always trying to make some kind of major fight out of anything the freeps make here, and yet wont back yourself up by putting who you are. we cant all agree with what the other is doing here in the moors and if someone has a reply they should just state it and get over it. i for one wont be reading any posts put here by charwyn so if you want to flame away at me now go ahead i wont pay any attention.ppl need to remember not everything here is a personal attack on others. these are all just OUR OWN views as we see what in OUR OWN opinion is going on.
    who are you

i dont care to brag about myself online so my words arent truth haha funny

charwyn is nobody Miltok i wouldnt even worry about it the same clown comes into ooc ettenmoors to tell me how much he/she loves me every night im on. I acctually look forward to it now it really justifys my existence :P hahahaha

hellooooo ettenmoors....did your server just take a dump? leave my moonwalking horse alone!
    [URL="http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php"][IMG]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/6/2/0/3/5/5562035EsfXx.png[/IMG][/URL]

Thumbs up Re: Ettenmoors

i had a blast fighting you guys today! Wednesday on ark if a good time to get your pvp fix, great small raid battles i even got a sick 1v raid on ta lawn with a warleader kb before i got sploded. great time.

thanks to those who did the leading tonight, with out your "ideas" the moors would be a dull place.

Charwyn, just who the hell are you,
    This is the same person who used to flame people in the forums, but has suddenly decided to be all goodness and light and use his old second account to do the flaming. You only need to put up the old posts side by side and see that it's the same person.

Whatever, I agree with Miltok--ignore the drama trolls and focus on the fun. It's a game, after all, and Turbine must be doing a great job if we are all still here playing it. Rock on, freeps and creeps!
    [I]---------------------------------------------
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each. ~Henry David Thoreau.[/I][B]
    polecat[/B] 1. a kind of weasel

Last night was fun. I loved the zergs on my LM (really, guys, she's probably only half an infamy point for you each grouped up in those numbers) and got many laughs out of that, as people can probably attest to from my OOC messages.

I also want to thank the spider I fought near GV (buttstinger, I think it was? I'm sorry I'm honestly so terrible with names). It's the first time I've felt confident in a "1v1" (or is it 2v2 with our pets? ) type fight with my LM and I don't even mind that ya killed me, I enjoyed the fight immensely. I'd love to do it again sometime, and maybe next time without the champ interference ;D (or so close to GV, lol).

Page 101 of 274 FirstFirst ... 51 91 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 111 151 201 ... LastLast