We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 231 of 274 FirstFirst ... 131 181 221 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 241 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,775 of 6835

Thread: Ettenmoors

  1. #5751
    Well! Like usual the only people responding on the forums....are people not playing. I have uped my moors play time. I get 1v1 and they tuck tail and try to run. I see small groups of creeps and they tuck tail and run. It appears the only time when creeps do anything, other than play wargs or hide, is when a gigantic raid of creeps is formed. Usually its just a heal ball and not worth the time to play. If you ever find yourself in the moors and you get 0-200 renown/infamy in an hour.....its time to play xbox/PS4 or another comp game.
    [img]http://www.videogamesigs.com/generate/sigs/temp/VideoGameSigs5201327c00863.png[/img]

  2. #5752
    Quote Originally Posted by puvi View Post
    Well! Like usual the only people responding on the forums....are people not playing. I have uped my moors play time. I get 1v1 and they tuck tail and try to run. I see small groups of creeps and they tuck tail and run. It appears the only time when creeps do anything, other than play wargs or hide, is when a gigantic raid of creeps is formed. Usually its just a heal ball and not worth the time to play. If you ever find yourself in the moors and you get 0-200 renown/infamy in an hour.....its time to play xbox/PS4 or another comp game.
    Funny because we could say the same about the freeps. 12 creeps (+some gold taggers) =/= a gigantic raid of creeps, or perhaps it's because our skill surpasses that of most freeps that makes it seem like there's more of us. I have both freeps and creeps, I'm looking at the moors through unbiased eyes, but you freeps really have things wrong. You're a good warden Puvi, I feel bad for you that you moors on this server since most freeps are just easy points.

  3. #5753
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkenstoneCreeper View Post
    Funny because we could say the same about the freeps. 12 creeps (+some gold taggers) =/= a gigantic raid of creeps, or perhaps it's because our skill surpasses that of most freeps that makes it seem like there's more of us. I have both freeps and creeps, I'm looking at the moors through unbiased eyes, but you freeps really have things wrong. You're a good warden Puvi, I feel bad for you that you moors on this server since most freeps are just easy points.
    I agree, each time I log in arkenstone moors lately, its about 10 freeps in a heal stacked group takings ops or taking keeps, with not enough creeps to counter them at all.

  4. #5754
    It really has never been about good or bad, right or wrong, or creep or freep. Its about just playing. I have one true moors character on freep side. I have never let the politics of the moors map determine what kind of pvmp I want to have. For years freeps got used to the creeps flipping the map red and then the freeps had an all red map the whole night. When we didn't have any moors gear me and falcon still would come out and try to fight. Its just sad coming on prime time on the weekend and nobody is on and seeing creeps raided up on the freepside.
    [img]http://www.videogamesigs.com/generate/sigs/temp/VideoGameSigs5201327c00863.png[/img]

  5. #5755
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sugar Land,Texas
    Posts
    3,629
    I don't Moors that often but have been trying to find something fun to do lately in this POS expac called Helm's Derp. My days in the moors were long ago when I used to run around with Kryptix, Sugarbear, Aryante and others in GoG and fight the Immortals like Vassu, Recluse, Durtz, Vulfen etc. Back when Rank 7-8 was awesome Freepside and Rank 9 was owned by Easy and his black steed Sooo I bring my yellow line cappie out there in hopes that I don't get smoked to quickly and have a little fun and perhaps survive for at least 3 min

    I'm trying to learn to how to Moors agains...gahdamn you creeps have become powerful and I must say very skilled. Its not the morale thats intimidating but the coordination you folks exhibit which is something I hate to say is lacking freepside. When we have one of you down to below 15k morale your buddies toss bubbles, heals and bam you're back up to 50k+...kudos and well played. Freepside seems to have forgotten the basics: focus fire....we have a raid of 20+ freeps and they will be attacking 12 different targets and i'm sure the creeps are LOL the whole time. If we could just learn to burn one target at a time we might give you guys a run for your money.

    Back in the day...Kryptix or I would kick folks from a raid, in pvp or pve, if they shot at something other than the target assist. Its been over 6 years...almost 7...since this game was released. Are we still trying to learn basics??? Is killing this new breed of Freep fun for the creeps?? I guess ez points is ez points....I'll try my best to get better with my noob cappie but without some support my dps is #### and I can't kill a damn thing. I need to get used to this heavy class because when I get a bo ner it bangs up against the armor and I can't sit on my horse properly....and I get a bo ner everytime I see a warg chew up my 30k morale in 2 secs using macros cough::baaad doggie::cough
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000003b1b0/01000/signature.png]Quttidebachi[/charsig]

  6. #5756
    Quote Originally Posted by QuttideBachi View Post
    Its not the morale thats intimidating but the coordination you folks exhibit which is something I hate to say is lacking freepside. When we have one of you down to below 15k morale your buddies toss bubbles, heals and bam you're back up to 50k+...kudos and well played.
    Two men step out on a basketball court. One is a 5ft white guy with glasses, the other one is a 7ft tall Harlem Globetrotter. In order for the white guy to compete on the court he has to seriously step us his game in order to be competitive. However, the Harlem Globetrotter can become lazy, careless, and unmotivated because he sees what he is playing against.

    I hope people understand the comparison that is drawn here...Creeps had to step up their coordination within raids/tribes/etc. to compete with the far superior Harlem Freeptrotters.

    Freepside seems to have forgotten the basics: focus fire....we have a raid of 20+ freeps and they will be attacking 12 different targets and i'm sure the creeps are LOL the whole time. If we could just learn to burn one target at a time we might give you guys a run for your money.
    Freeps have been able to win consistently without having to have even the basics in raid versus raid because of a large disparity in power. As a result they often lack these necessary skills when faced with a well organized opponent.

    Back in the day...Kryptix or I would kick folks from a raid, in pvp or pve, if they shot at something other than the target assist.
    I still do this.

    Its been over 6 years...almost 7...since this game was released. Are we still trying to learn basics???
    Its a constant struggle.

    Is killing this new breed of Freep fun for the creeps??
    Nothing is more fun for the white guy than to mop the court with the lazy Harlem Globetrotter.
    Loki - Voodoo - Cheezy

  7. #5757
    Quote Originally Posted by puvi View Post
    Its just sad coming on prime time on the weekend and nobody is on and seeing creeps raided up on the freepside.
    You don't know how wrong you are. Creeps don't raid up until we are outnumbered by a large amount of freeps. And even then, we're usually outnumbered by twice the amount of freeps.

    Quote Originally Posted by QuttideBachi View Post
    we have a raid of 20+ freeps and they will be attacking 12 different targets and i'm sure the creeps are LOL the whole time.
    *Nods* or the whole 'heal target assist'... Are freeps for real? Lol are freep healers so bad that they need someone to tell them who to heal? Freeps on this server are so funny.

  8. #5758
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sugar Land,Texas
    Posts
    3,629
    Believe me I am not hating on creeps whatsoever. I haven't played in the Moors regular for years but I do pay attention to EVERYTHING that happens on the Ark and Pvp side of things. Creeps have been shafted forever so its about time the pendulum swung your way...it won't last...it never does. The Freeps are lazy and forgot how to play their toons. The real Freeps (moors junkies like some in my kin - Falcon, Puvi, Maie etc.) know what they are doing but can't carry the noobs who are used to facerolling Sammy or Creeps when it was easy as hell. Falcon in a not so subtle way always lets me know - what good is all that badass gear if you don't know how to play your toon optimally and against a real person?...not some bs ######## AI npc. He's right.

    Everyone should play in the Moors and really learn to play their toons. Lack of challeging pve content has made us all suck to some degree. In GoG, back in the day, if you didn't go to the Moors you didn't get a spot in the pve raid to kill the Balrog

    I have much respect for Creeps that have stuck it out over the years and kick some ### out there. I quit playing the Moors way back because I had a k/d ratio of 95 on my hunter (Kryptix was over 100) and just thought it was boring and pvp just sucked and was lopsided in Freep favor...not anymore. Anyone complaining about challenge in this game needs to get their rearend out to the Moors and try to take on some of you beasts.

    Maybe...someday they will give us a new fish bowl to play in. Maybe that is the peek into Gondor this year they have planned...wouldn't that be awesome. Osgilliath as the new pvp playground????
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000003b1b0/01000/signature.png]Quttidebachi[/charsig]

  9. #5759
    Very true Q.

    I have played a creep main since the beginning. I have freeps too, just so I can get a perspective on both sides, but I've stayed with my creep even when it was terrible being a creep because freeps had the upper hand. The sad thing is that despite our massive morale pools, on my freep, I've been able to knock off a substantial amount of morale off of creeps with full audacity. Us creeps might have large morale pools, but freep DPS trumps that of creep dps.

    So in a way, you're wrong about the pendulum swinging our way Q. It very much swings towards freeps. I want to say it's probably because freeps haven't fully relearned their class that makes it seem as though us creeps are 'god mode' but if freeps learn to play their class well, freeps would give creeps a run for their money, or at least it wouldn't give us freep points when it's 6 good freeps but 24 bad ones. Salute to the good freeps who continue to push forward and rally the other freeps, Casinoari, Maie, Puvi, and a couple of other good freeps. It just isn't enough.

    Freeps have had enough time to gear up, my freeps are completely geared, my creeps have full audacity, so what are freeps waiting for? I don't understand the delay except that perhaps folks are resistant to change. Some people have been playing their toons for years and now it's a completely different toon. As my warleader would say, 'Quit Whining and Fight maggots!' Give us a challenge already freeps! Gathering double our numbers =/= to a challenge. Just means more hobbit legs to feast on.
    Last edited by ArkenstoneCreeper; Jan 06 2014 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Because I made a typo.

  10. #5760
    I was told that the Nazis have hidden valuable pieces of art throughout the ettenmoors. Q, will you help me find them?

    I'm looking for this one in particular...

    [IMG][/IMG]



    <3ju. Maie
    [URL="http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php"][IMG]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/6/2/0/3/5/5562035EsfXx.png[/IMG][/URL]

  11. #5761
    Helpful stuff in raiding:

    The more you know about your opponent, the better you're able to counter what they can do. Read up on your opponents' abilities, and consider how they can be countered.

    If you're losing lots of 1v1s, after each loss, think about what you could have done differently to win the fight. Think of losses as the best learning opportunities. Don't lose and not think about what you could have done differently to win the fight. That will get you nothing but more losses.

    I know it can sometimes be difficult to get a fix on a called taget's location in the heat of battle. Create a /follow shortcut so that when called targets are changing rapidly, select the tartget, use the shortcut, and shazam, you're pointed in the right direction.
    In your UI settings, check the Selection Indicator checkbox. That will put a big yellow or red arrow over the top of your selected target. It can make targets a lot easier to locate even when they're out of visible range.

    If you have a 62% run speed horse, get a 68% horse. Having a 62% run speed horse means you'll always be falling behind the fraid, and that typically means you'll become a warg snack.

    In you're advanced graphics setting, make sure you have Object Draw Distance set to ultra high. The farther out you can see your opponent, the better.

    If you're getting a lot of lag while in fraids, there are good forum threads out there that can help minmize this. https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?521397 https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ders-READ-this!)

    When I'm following a raid leader, I always try to stay within ten feet of them while we're on the move. The tighter your group's formation when moving, the better. It means when the action starts, you'll be in the range of healers and you'll be able to get DPS on called targets much faster than if you're still riding down the hill trying to catch up with the raid. When I see a long line of green dots instead of a tight group on my map, I know it means trouble. Stay tight with the group while in combat as well, and please, please don't chase wargs and leave the group. When the raid leader calls for a withdrawal, move with the group! It will drive your raid leader nuts when they call for a pull back, and still see people staying behind and fighting NPCs.

    Stay focused on the called targets. This is one of THE very most important things! I can't emphasize this enough. A group that isn't doing this is going to get wiped over, and over, and over!!!

    If you're being focused, look for hunter traps or LM tar to kite through if you're a ranged class. Using LoS will help sometimes, but using LoS can put you out of heal range and take you off target, too. Stay with the group and trust your healers to keep you alive. Get separated and you're dead.

    When in a raid, think as a group player and not a soloer. Is the called target kiting? If so, try to immobilize them so that melee can stay on them more easily. Think about how you can use your debuffs and CC on called targets, and they'll go down a lot faster.

    Casinoari - Rank 15 RK
    Malakorou - Rank 10 Defiler
    Casinari - Original Challenger of Saruman Minstrel

  12. #5762
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouri View Post
    stuff I said:


    Quote Originally Posted by Nouri
    Helpful stuff In raiding:

    Stack healers and yellow line captains to face roll because of poor balancing by turbine. When you can't do this avoid fights by riding around the map and flipping keeps.
    ^Your actual strategy in the moors and not all that garbage you posted.

  13. #5763
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTruthinator View Post




    ^Your actual strategy in the moors and not all that garbage you posted.
    Lol. Let me know your creep's name and we can arrange a 1v1. I promise I won't bring a minstrel or yellow line cappy to protect me from you Sounds like you need to L2P instead of whining.

    Casinoari - Rank 15 RK
    Malakorou - Rank 10 Defiler
    Casinari - Original Challenger of Saruman Minstrel

  14. #5764
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouri View Post
    Lol. Let me know your creep's name and we can arrange a 1v1. I promise I won't bring a minstrel or yellow line cappy to protect me from you Sounds like you need to L2P instead of whining.

  15. #5765
    It does not matter how much the few remaining freep leaders try to teach these people. They simply refuse to listen. You can even try to tell every single class what to do, yet they will refuse or fail to listen. One simple solution is to start kicking those who do not listen (like the old days) and let them get farmed repeatedly until they stop playing or finally decide to listen to the raid leader.

    I've only been out a few times, due to holidays and leveling my toons, I still have 1 more to level. But from those few instances, it is obviously clear that no more than a handful in the raid follow a target assist. At the same time, people complaining that creeps are ridiculously OP and impossible to beat, again is an exaggeration. Yes, they did get buffed and are much better relative to previous updates, but I still think that this "bandaged" pvp state can be conducive to good, fun fights.

    Is not that creeps are OP or freeps got nerfed, the closing of the gap between freeps and creeps DPS/HPS has made refusal (could even call it foolish arrogance) of raid members who do not do as their raid leader commands them to, even more painfully obvious as it is no longer masked by freep OPness. When I'm on a raid, I'll either do as the raid leader calls or drop if I think he/she is incapable of leading. But don't just take up and waste space/pixels. It is really sad when you double or triple your number, yet your HPS/DPS remains the same, or becomes worse.

    On that note, though our kin Ascension has tried to enable our TS to be used as freep voice chat, other than a handful, most have not used it, even in raids.

  16. #5766
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTruthinator View Post
    Aw, not up for a 1v1 because you're afraid you'd lose? No name given because you like anonymity and can't back up anything you say with skilled play? Do you avoid 1v1s (I saw your comment on Burzumaz) because you're entirely a raid baby, and raided up is the only time you have the guts to step foot in the Moors? I expected as much.

    Casinoari - Rank 15 RK
    Malakorou - Rank 10 Defiler
    Casinari - Original Challenger of Saruman Minstrel

  17. #5767
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouri View Post
    Aw, not up for a 1v1 because you're afraid you'd lose? No name given because you like anonymity and can't back up anything you say with skilled play? Do you avoid 1v1s (I saw your comment on Burzumaz) because you're entirely a raid baby, and raided up is the only time you have the guts to step foot in the Moors? I expected as much.

  18. #5768
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTruthinator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTruthinator View Post
    Helpful stuff In raiding:

    Stack healers and yellow line captains to face roll because of poor balancing by turbine. When you can't do this avoid fights by riding around the map and flipping keeps.

    ^Your actual strategy in the moors and not all that garbage you posted.
    Kind of reminds me of a little chihuahua I once new who would snap at peoples' ankles to annoy them, and then run and hide under the couch I'd suggest you get out from under the couch, spend more time soloing and learning to play your toon, and spend less time on memegenrator.com if you want people to take you seriously out here. Or is trolling and miming your thing?

    Casinoari - Rank 15 RK
    Malakorou - Rank 10 Defiler
    Casinari - Original Challenger of Saruman Minstrel

  19. #5769
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sugar Land,Texas
    Posts
    3,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Armarieth View Post
    I was told that the Nazis have hidden valuable pieces of art throughout the ettenmoors. Q, will you help me find them?
    This Creep has the stuff...we find him we find the loots



    Also...we need to help Carl find his family jewels!!



    I bet the hobbits have them....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000003b1b0/01000/signature.png]Quttidebachi[/charsig]

  20. #5770
    Quote Originally Posted by QuttideBachi View Post
    This Creep has the stuff...we find him we find the loots



    Also...we need to help Carl find his family jewels!!



    I bet the hobbits have them....
    Poor Carl perhaps Badd ate his nuts?

  21. #5771
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTruthinator View Post
    I don't get it. If my lawnmower took off into the sky, and some omnispective ape chased it and told me to not be upset, I would be pretty pissed. I'd have a flying lawnmower and a talking ape that knew where I lived, there's not a lot of positive emotions to arouse from that.
    Jag

  22. #5772
    Quote Originally Posted by colefire2 View Post
    I don't get it. If my lawnmower took off into the sky, and some omnispective ape chased it and told me to not be upset, I would be pretty pissed. I'd have a flying lawnmower and a talking ape that knew where I lived, there's not a lot of positive emotions to arouse from that.
    Jag where you been? Haven't seen you on brandy since you transferred...

    Edit: Where's gassy been on the forums lately. EG used to be our #1 poster...
    Last edited by skeetskeet_yo; Jan 08 2014 at 10:36 AM.
    Loki - Voodoo - Cheezy

  23. #5773
    Ah there has been lots of freeps out lately, people have been going back and forth on the forums AND there was some cappy going back and forth with people in ooc last night. PvP is good right now.
    Freeps live so they can die to me.
    Baglun-Leader of The Bloodhand-Ark (On extended Hiatus)
    Flanes- Founder of Revolution-Brandy

  24. #5774
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouri View Post
    Kind of reminds me of a little chihuahua I once new who would snap at peoples' ankles to annoy them, and then run and hide under the couch I'd suggest you get out from under the couch



    Quote Originally Posted by Nouri
    spend more time soloing and learning to play your toon
    I solo plenty & have killed you many times 1vs1. You're going to deny this possibility and demand proof, upon later raging again about my identity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nouri
    if you want people to take you seriously out here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouri
    Aw, not up for a 1v1
    You obviously have taken me VERY seriously!!


  25. #5775
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTruthinator View Post


    I solo plenty & have killed you many times 1vs1. You're going to deny this possibility and demand proof, upon later raging again about my identity.

    You obviously have taken me VERY seriously!!

    Taking you seriously? Yeah, the same way I'd take it seriously if I saw a roach running around in my house. Hard to take you seriously in the Moors (with respect to your skills) when you make unsubstantiated claims about beating me, won't say who you are, and are too afraid to accept a 1v1. Why not 1v1 me if you've killed me many times? Not willing to back up your drivel with action? Cluck, cluck

    You're postings, and the relatively recent date of your forum account makes me wonder. There was a person who appears to have been banned from the forums on 11/19. Those posting were a lot like yours.... tons of memes, always talking trash, a big mouth with nothing to back it up, they craved attention, and they offered lots of 'Pro Tips'. If you are who I believe you are, you'd have trouble killing an NPC.
    Last edited by Nouri; Jan 08 2014 at 04:04 PM.

    Casinoari - Rank 15 RK
    Malakorou - Rank 10 Defiler
    Casinari - Original Challenger of Saruman Minstrel

 

 
Page 231 of 274 FirstFirst ... 131 181 221 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 241 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload