We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: WAI?

  1. #1

    WAI?

    WAI that when a weaver mezzes a bubbled minstrel for only a split second before the mez is broken that the bubble fails to come off?

    (Basically, it's like the game doesn't recognize the mez because it doesn't stay on long enough and therefore doesn't dispel the bubble.)
    Last edited by featherlight111; May 08 2010 at 03:41 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    446

    Re: WAI?

    Quote Originally Posted by featherlight111 View Post
    WAI that when a weaver mezzes a bubbled minstrel for only a split second before the mez is broken that the bubble fails to come off?
    ever since SoM a split second stun/mezz/fm/silence from anyone will not break minstrel bubble as to working as intended... you'll have to ask a dev
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000010afaf/01008/signature.png]Goneric[/charsig]

  3. #3

    Re: WAI?

    Quote Originally Posted by gonewhaned View Post
    ever since SoM a split second stun/mezz/fm/silence from anyone will not break minstrel bubble as to working as intended... you'll have to ask a dev
    Just seems kind of ridiculous that there is no other alternative to the CJ for dispelling the bubble once DR has been built up.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    446

    Re: WAI?

    you get about two seconds, so if you have no stun pots or anything to counter the effect bubble will go off. *shurg*
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000010afaf/01008/signature.png]Goneric[/charsig]

  5. #5

    Re: WAI?

    Quote Originally Posted by gonewhaned View Post
    you get about two seconds, so if you have no stun pots or anything to counter the effect bubble will go off. *shurg*
    Except the fact that 80% of the time DR has been built so far up once the minstrel pops the bubble that mezzes only last a split second.

  6. #6

    Re: WAI?

    Even if it isn't working as intended (or if it is), I think it is fair that a half second CC won't take off the Mini bubble. Because isn't that like a 10min cooldown skill? If it were to be taken off by that many forms of CC even if they were for a split second, it would really make the skill be ineffective in almost anything but solo play. Do i get annoyed at times when the bubble doesn't get removed? yes. Is it fair in my opinion? yes.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,614

    Re: WAI?

    Quote Originally Posted by featherlight111 View Post
    Just seems kind of ridiculous that there is no other alternative to the CJ for dispelling the bubble once DR has been built up.
    Creeps complaining about DR... mmm tasty creep tears.
    [color=cyan]Ryswald[/color] - 75 Burglar - Revelations - Rank 9 (pre-book 12 rank 6)
    [color=orange]Ragluk[/color] - 75 Stalker - Rank 6
    [color=grey]65 Hunter R5, 61 Loremaster, 48 Champion, 33 WRD, 33 RK, Rank 4 Weaver, Rank 6 Reaver[/color]
    [i]Firefoot Server[/i]

  8. #8

    Re: WAI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftstrike View Post
    Creeps complaining about DR... mmm tasty creep tears.
    Lol ... yeah cause I've only played creep .

    And yeah DR hit spiders just as hard as it hit lore-masters ... I know it's quite difficult to realize through the eyes of a bias.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,614

    Re: WAI?

    Quote Originally Posted by featherlight111 View Post
    Lol ... yeah cause I've only played creep .

    And yeah DR hit spiders just as hard as it hit lore-masters ... I know it's quite difficult to realize through the eyes of a bias.
    When you QQ based on how hard it is to kill something on your rank 11 weaver, those are creep tears notwithstanding your rank 11 captain or anything else. Nice strawman though

    And no, I don't have any sympathy for rank 11 spiders or their having to burn a 5 minute CD to get through a 10m CD.
    Last edited by Swiftstrike; May 09 2010 at 04:58 AM.
    [color=cyan]Ryswald[/color] - 75 Burglar - Revelations - Rank 9 (pre-book 12 rank 6)
    [color=orange]Ragluk[/color] - 75 Stalker - Rank 6
    [color=grey]65 Hunter R5, 61 Loremaster, 48 Champion, 33 WRD, 33 RK, Rank 4 Weaver, Rank 6 Reaver[/color]
    [i]Firefoot Server[/i]

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    508

    Re: WAI?

    Quote Originally Posted by featherlight111 View Post
    Just seems kind of ridiculous that there is no other alternative to the CJ for dispelling the bubble once DR has been built up.
    Like if there aren't enough CJs on creep-side.

  11. #11

    Re: WAI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftstrike View Post
    When you QQ based on how hard it is to kill something on your rank 11 weaver, those are creep tears notwithstanding your rank 11 captain or anything else. Nice strawman though

    And no, I don't have any sympathy for rank 11 spiders or their having to burn a 5 minute CD to get through a 10m CD.
    So what are you're saying is, if I don't have said 5 min cooldown up the only alternatives I have are:

    - Burn through an additional 7=9k health where the minstrel cannot be interrupted.
    or
    - Run away.

    K, fair enough that makes perfect sense ...

  12. #12

    Re: WAI?

    Quote Originally Posted by caveman13 View Post
    Like if there aren't enough CJs on creep-side.
    Yeah cause I have so many CJs when I'm soloing .

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    160

    Re: WAI?

    This is a 1v1 situation between minstrel and weaver, and minstrel pops bubble? LOL at OP claim.

    With spider power drain and bubble power cost per second, the minstrel will lose power at a devastatingly quick pace. Unless the minstrel can crit every skill in succession, there is no way the minnie can win. All the spider has to do is keep dotting and cc-ing and the minstrel will go down faster than a cheerleader on prom night.

  14. #14

    Re: WAI?

    Quote Originally Posted by tyrant01 View Post
    This is a 1v1 situation between minstrel and weaver, and minstrel pops bubble? LOL at OP claim.

    With spider power drain and bubble power cost per second, the minstrel will lose power at a devastatingly quick pace. Unless the minstrel can crit every skill in succession, there is no way the minnie can win. All the spider has to do is keep dotting and cc-ing and the minstrel will go down faster than a cheerleader on prom night.
    Except CCing is useless at this point ... because once again, DR has been applied to the point where the minny if not immune is only getting hit my split second mezzes.

    Besides the fact that this post wasn't a question regarding 1 vs 1s, it was a query concerning whether the above mentioned circumstance is WAI.

  15. #15

    Re: WAI?

    DR sucks - but watcha gonna do? at least you're not getting over 30% resist rates on your tactical on a regular basis.
    [B][COLOR=cyan][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000039d09/signature.png]Viloxus[/charsig]
    8-time Grand Champion Guinness Drinker[/COLOR][/B]
    [SIZE=2][B][COLOR=silver]June 2008 model in "Failmasters of 2008" Calendar[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    [B][COLOR=green]Making the world a better place one less pair of pants at a time :p [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

  16. #16

    Re: WAI?

    Quote Originally Posted by featherlight111 View Post
    So what are you're saying is, if I don't have said 5 min cooldown up the only alternatives I have are:

    - Burn through an additional 7=9k health where the minstrel cannot be interrupted.
    or
    - Run away.

    K, fair enough that makes perfect sense ...
    DR resets every 45s if no CC on that DR table is applied. Assuming DR built up that much and smothering web is on cooldown: you can burrow which lasts 1 minute and then mez the minstrel. It will now last long enough to remove the bubble. And can't you use a skill that keeps the mini in combat while burrowed if done right allowing it to keep from regenerating power?

    Why should a mez on such a short cooldown make a 10min cooldown completely ineffective? Please tell me the logic behind that.

  17. #17

    Re: WAI?

    Quote Originally Posted by timmyloo22546 View Post
    DR resets every 45s if no CC on that DR table is applied. Assuming DR built up that much and smothering web is on cooldown: you can burrow which lasts 1 minute and then mez the minstrel. It will now last long enough to remove the bubble. And can't you use a skill that keeps the mini in combat while burrowed if done right allowing it to keep from regenerating power?

    Why should a mez on such a short cooldown make a 10min cooldown completely ineffective? Please tell me the logic behind that.
    Because previously, it did. (at least before SoM) That's why. And up to this point in time, I have seen no such note saying that it changed. So if you'd like to stop trying to take this in a different direction, from what I've seen and heard, there is no response on whether this is WAI or not. If Turbine is going to change things, they need to update their players via patch notes.

  18. #18

    Re: WAI?

    Quote Originally Posted by featherlight111 View Post
    Because previously, it did. (at least before SoM) That's why. And up to this point in time, I have seen no such note saying that it changed. So if you'd like to stop trying to take this in a different direction, from what I've seen and heard, there is no response on whether this is WAI or not. If Turbine is going to change things, they need to update their players via patch notes.
    So your logic is you want your weaver to be OP in every situation? Mmmkay, bye.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,652

    Re: WAI?

    Quote Originally Posted by featherlight111 View Post
    Except the fact that 80% of the time DR has been built so far up once the minstrel pops the bubble that mezzes only last a split second.
    Quote Originally Posted by featherlight111 View Post
    So what are you're saying is, if I don't have said 5 min cooldown up the only alternatives I have are:

    - Burn through an additional 7=9k health where the minstrel cannot be interrupted.
    or
    - Run away.

    K, fair enough that makes perfect sense ...
    Quote Originally Posted by featherlight111 View Post
    Yeah cause I have so many CJs when I'm soloing .
    Quote Originally Posted by featherlight111 View Post
    Except CCing is useless at this point ... because once again, DR has been applied to the point where the minny if not immune is only getting hit my split second mezzes.

    Besides the fact that this post wasn't a question regarding 1 vs 1s, it was a query concerning whether the above mentioned circumstance is WAI.

    It is vital to not change the reference if the argument from 1v1 to not soloing, back to soloing, back to not soloing.

    If it is 1v1, then DR should let you clear the bubble.

    If you are not soloing, then at times you have to rely on others.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,755

    Re: WAI?

    This is not worth complaining about.

    Honestly, if they bubble against you and you keep your drain on them you'll run them dry on power VERY fast, and then they are helpless.

    If you are solo you shouldn't really need to crank the DR up on the minstrel that high.

    In a group, the minstrel should be eating a power drain before he even thinks to put on the bubble... and with wargs as they currently are someone will be able to CJ it off if they need to.
    [img]http://imageshack.us/a/img41/4553/73i4.jpg[/img]

    Even my Signature is trolling!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    13,368

    Re: WAI?

    I feel zero sympathy for you.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,739

    Re: WAI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Viloxus View Post
    DR sucks - but watcha gonna do? at least you're not getting over 30% resist rates on your tactical on a regular basis.
    so over 30% and 9-12% = same thing apparently. Gotcha.

    OP - Its not DR that bugs me, its the dumb creeps that break the mez before the bubble can come off. Solo, I only have a problem if my mez gets resisted, there is no way I'll have that much DR built up.

    -Morrdan/Weaver/Pre
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/nimrodel/bizladan/]Bizladan[/url] Hunter
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/nimrodel/bizldore/]Bizldore[/url] Burglar
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/nimrodel/bizldur/]Bizldur[/url] Lore-Master
    Nimrodel - Vinyara, Officer

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload