We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

WTB WL'r CC skill

Yes, to this very day the War-Leaders are the only PvP class without any form of CC (Reavers aren't far behind them with but a Hamstring slow which is worse than a LM pet's slow skill ).

If this game is going to continue adding more and more CC to its PvP zone play... then it's HIGH TIME War-Leaders are given a CC skill of their own.

I will go out on a limb and convey a suggestion that one of my fellow Creep players identified... how about a shout skill stun? Something akin to the Minstrel shout which stuns Creeps from long range...

Re: WTB WL'r CC skill

I´d prfer WLs having SoP:R to protect poor innocent green creepies from stunrootmezz

Two options:

1) Shield Thrust: You push your shield forward, stunning the target infront of you. Knockdown on critical. However, the War-Leader is pushing himself into the enemy. This will harm him.

Effect:5s stun/knockdown.
    (Base)Damage:250 common.
    Power cost: 120.
    Morale cost: 300.
    Cooldown: 3 minutes.

2) Improved Fracture. While in brawlers stance, fracture will have a 50% chance to apply a slow.

Effect: 20% slow for 10s.
    Same damage as fracture.
    Same power cost as fracture.
    Same cooldown.

captains have no CC unless they take up class slots to trait the archer...

if WL's get CC, then I want a 50m knockback, sound good?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000005ce4/signature.png]Gloinfastisback[/charsig]
    Gloinfast - rank 11 dwarf Paladin - Brandywine
    Gloinfastisback - rank 4 Ranger - Riddermark
    Cudspitter - Rank 5 Warlock
    Bowdowntogloinfast - Rank 4 Rogue

that's a big "no" 10-4, over and out
    [B][COLOR=cyan][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000039d09/signature.png]Viloxus[/charsig]
    8-time Grand Champion Guinness Drinker[/COLOR][/B]
    [SIZE=2][B][COLOR=silver]June 2008 model in "Failmasters of 2008" Calendar[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    [B][COLOR=green]Making the world a better place one less pair of pants at a time :p [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Panahasi View Post
    Yes, to this very day the War-Leaders are the only PvP class without any form of CC (Reavers aren't far behind them with but a Hamstring slow which is worse than a LM pet's slow skill ).

If this game is going to continue adding more and more CC to its PvP zone play... then it's HIGH TIME War-Leaders are given a CC skill of their own.

I will go out on a limb and convey a suggestion that one of my fellow Creep players identified... how about a shout skill stun? Something akin to the Minstrel shout which stuns Creeps from long range...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03205010000052f25/signature.png]Nomaris[/charsig]
    Silverlode: Striffe/Nalor/Scirn/Keedo/Treyz
    Brandywine: Nakhan/Brevix/Blaank/Antiochus

Quote Originally Posted by gloinfast View Post

Captains do not have to trait for an archer to have CC...

Personally i think Evil's idea of having a %chance to apply a slow when using Fracture is right on. Nothing op about that....

Actually Captains get an AOE stun which is an on defeat response skill or is unlocked when certain skills crit. Plus they get an in combat sprint (although sucky for sure), is still better than what WLs get.

But we're not talking about Captains. This is a thread about WLs my good Dwarf

captains actually have several forms of cc available to them with traits(s) equipped though most of them are only a chance to to cc.

aoe on defeat stun
    kick causing cj
    archer pet-slow
    other heralds-chance of a stun

so while it may not be allot of cc and requires using pets or slotting traits to do that at least there is some form of cc available to captains.
    where right now wl have no form of cc at all . all the pve wl have insane amounts of cc(the wl in cd are especially bad actually spent 1 whole fight chain disarmed and stuned by 2 cd warleaders 1 day and had no chance to fight back at all )
    i actually like the idea of a wl shield based stun but make it a reactive skill gated by blocks like the guard shield stuns and only stun on crits.

and theres now way u should get a 50m knockback gloin u are far to op as it is now

The captain aoe mez on defeat response has to be traited and if you trait that you severely mess up a viable moors build single handedly destroying your 1v1 effectiveness and healing capabilities.

Also keep in mind:

On defeat
    3s stun
    30 or 45s cooldown

not exactly viable for solo, slowing a creep, or stopping escape. Im all for giving Warleaders a on defeat 3s stun on a 2 minute cooldown. Because as it stands the 10k bubbling aoe power draining aoe rezzing WL is a more effect adversary than the 3s stunning captain.

Not a cc skill, a slow rather.

Quote Originally Posted by Viloxus View Post
    that's a big "YES" 10-4, over and out

Fixed for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous32 View Post
    The captain aoe mez on defeat response has to be traited and if you trait that you severely mess up a viable moors build single handedly destroying your 1v1 effectiveness and healing capabilities.
    In your opinion.

I play a Captain, and I disagree. And it's a stun, not a mez. Noobs these days...

While, I'd love a stun or quite simply a knockback I am also very much aware that we don't need more CC in the moors. I wouldn't mind an AoE knockback (no stun, just moves people back out by like 10meters or something), so I could occasionally get a heal off, but really, I don't think we need it. I'm happier with less CC than more!
    Hellnakh | Edhellreth

the problem is not the WL... WL are tanks/healers.... they dont need to have CC

the problem is near every freeps can CC... 2 class on this game are supposed to be CC class.... LM and Spiders... and look how many class have many sort of CC skills ....

it s so BS now

Quote Originally Posted by CandiceAurora View Post
    . I wouldn't mind an AoE knockback (no stun, just moves people back out by like 10meters or something), D
    of course you wouldn't mind that!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000005ce4/signature.png]Gloinfastisback[/charsig]
    Gloinfast - rank 11 dwarf Paladin - Brandywine
    Gloinfastisback - rank 4 Ranger - Riddermark
    Cudspitter - Rank 5 Warlock
    Bowdowntogloinfast - Rank 4 Rogue