We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

I have stuff in Escrow? Holy cow!

I was freaked out by Turbine yesterday.

When I logged in I saw a funny icon and when I hovered over it the message read something like " You have new items in housing escrow". Immediately I thought something happened to my house - but I had no idea how. After all, I pay my rent every week as far out as I can pay it, and I haven't made any major changes to the decorations, etc. So what the heck happened?

I check my status and I still owned my house. I could still port to it and my rent was paid up. Everything was fine. So what on earth is in escrow? When I went to check - it was a drum - some sort of trophy item that I collected somewhere. I don't even think it was set up as a direction in my house!

Anyway - just sharing here in case anyone has some feedback or has experienced this themselves. I will be billing Turbine for a new Diet Coke and a monitor wipe for this uncalled for incident

Re: I have stuff in Escrow? Holy cow!

It was likely bound to you, but in someone else's house. When they tried to move the item, they couldn't pick it up, so they likely just kicked it back to you via escrow.
    [color=yellow] [b] "Dear Devs, Please nerf Rock. Paper is okay. Sincerely, Scissors." [/b] [/color]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000065efe/01008/signature.png]Mistake[/charsig]

Did you put it up in a kin house or something? Same thing happened to me...forgot that I even hooked the item there and was surprised the day I saw it in escrow.

Funny you mention that because my kin has had some weird problems with the bound decorations in our kinhouse. We are in the process of trying to figure out what belongs to who. Once we figure out as many as we can, the rest are being returned to their owners...whoever that may be.

Perhaps your kin is doing the same thing?

Or, it might be part of the bug itself. I don't know the details of it, but I know my kin leader had to get GM help due to some issue with bound items at his personal house. There were also strange things I noticed when I made my pass through of the kin house to identify my belongings. Some things that were unbound were showing as bound to my character. Then I'd come back and check it again and it would show as unbound.

So, maybe it's yours and you didn't remember (I didn't remember one of the things I'd put in our kin house). Or maybe it's a symptom of the bug.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Sonsy 85 Hunter[/COLOR];[COLOR="#008000"] Lodellee 85 Minstrel[/COLOR]; [COLOR="#B22222"]Bellamee 85 Guardian[/COLOR]; [COLOR="#006400"]Tennac 84 Champion[/COLOR]; [COLOR="#DAA520"]Sunnwyn 78 Captain[/COLOR]; [COLOR="#cccccc"]Missgrey 76 Lore-master[/COLOR]; [COLOR="#0000FF"]Pwnie 55 Burglar[/COLOR]; [COLOR="#996633"]Meowzen 48 Warden[/COLOR];[COLOR="#EE82EE"] Elsbetha 12 Rune-keeper[/COLOR]
    [B]Leader[/B] - Protectors of the Free [I]and [/I]Free of the Protectors - Firefoot

Quote Originally Posted by Zzyn View Post
    It was likely bound to you, but in someone else's house. When they tried to move the item, they couldn't pick it up, so they likely just kicked it back to you via escrow.
    WINNER!

I knew posting here I would probably get the answer. This drum was something I put in my wife's house - she must have tried to move it and then it went away (back to me via escrow). It was so ugly that she probably didn't care it dissapeared.

Anyway - it still scared the heck out of me and I will still be deducting the price of a Diet Coke and Monitor wipe from next month's bill

Thanks all who replied!

Quote Originally Posted by EV4D View Post
    WINNER!

I knew posting here I would probably get the answer. This drum was something I put in my wife's house - she must have tried to move it and then it went away (back to me via escrow). It was so ugly that she probably didn't care it dissapeared.

Anyway - it still scared the heck out of me and I will still be deducting the price of a Diet Coke and Monitor wipe from next month's bill

Thanks all who replied!
    Nevermind the coke, tell me where you get a monitor for $10 or whatever the monthly fee is!

Quote Originally Posted by forusrname View Post
    Nevermind the coke, tell me where you get a monitor for $10 or whatever the monthly fee is!
    I said Monitor WIPE. I had to wipe off my monitor after spitting Diet Coke all over it because I thought i had lost my house

Quote Originally Posted by EV4D View Post
    I said Monitor WIPE. I had to wipe off my monitor after spitting Diet Coke all over it because I thought i had lost my house
    lol too many MMOs... a wipe is now officially dying en masse :P

and funny you should mention the escrow thing. I did it to myself, moving something out of a decor spot with another toon. If it's not bound to that specific toon, even if it's one of your's, you can only send it to the owner. Imagine my surprise when I did that and then logged in and had forgotten all about it ><