We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Freeps are Over Powered

When a full warg raid cannot take out a dwarf guardian, an elf hunter, and a stupid human ranger there is something terribly wrong.
    Plus the warg animations look terrible.

Notice the multiple one shotters in this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOOV44KsEb4

I'll probably rage quit in a couple of years.

Re: Freeps are Over Powered

If freeps were op you'd see a lot fewer people playing creeps these days.
    Ijustpassedgas Excuseme
    Yeasty Infection

Lol. Now, to start a 10 page discussion:

An organised, well led, mixed and skilled freep raid will defeat a ranked creep raid of the same characteristics every time. Superior DPS and Healing combined with powerful AoE, with npcs or without (for the creeps) = a bunch of dead creeps. People seem to be oblivious to this.

The problem nowdays is that most freeps have ZERO idea how to properly play their class in the Ettenmoors, in a raid vs raid situation. A lot of people don't listen to the raid leader, and do their own thing. It's pathetic, and then freeps wonder why they're being beaten. Giving freeps incentive to come out into the moors will result in a slaughterfest for creeps. We'll have a bunch of PvE fresh newbie freeps coming out to get their rad sets getting slaughtered by skilled and organised creep raids.

Small groups solely depend on group make up for both sides. Numbers also make the biggest difference here.

In 1v1's, there will NEVER be balance. Balancing 1v1's would result in a massive, negative change to raid vs raid and small groups. Go with the flow.

The number one thing to remember: Adopt, adapt and improve. Many have done this through each book, from SoA to SoM. Learn the changes, adopt to them. Adapt to how you need to play your class to the best ability. Improve when needed.

Adopt, adapt and improve.

I showed the video to my kid and the response was: "I gotta get on and play my warg right now!"

The video is just for fun.

Here is my theory: I'm guessing the current Creep/Freep imbalance is part of a larger plan. Let's say the next expansion adds levels 65-80 to Freepside (we can hope) with new weapons, armor, and skills. If that happens the Creeps will have received a large nerf without even tweaking them.

These things wax and wane over time - I'm sure an era of Freep dominance is in LOTRO's future. You won't see me complaining about it when it gets here, either.

An organised, well led, mixed and skilled freep raid will defeat a ranked creep raid of the same characteristics every time. Superior DPS and Healing combined with powerful AoE, with npcs or without (for the creeps) = a bunch of dead creeps. People seem to be oblivious to this
    so you're saying under very specific conditions a freep raid could beat a creep raid. I agree.
    [B][COLOR=cyan][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000039d09/signature.png]Viloxus[/charsig]
    8-time Grand Champion Guinness Drinker[/COLOR][/B]
    [SIZE=2][B][COLOR=silver]June 2008 model in "Failmasters of 2008" Calendar[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    [B][COLOR=green]Making the world a better place one less pair of pants at a time :p [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherGab View Post
    An organised, well led, mixed and skilled freep raid will defeat a ranked creep raid of the same characteristics every time. Superior DPS and Healing combined with powerful AoE, with npcs or without (for the creeps) = a bunch of dead creeps. People seem to be oblivious to this.
    It's not that people are oblivious to this, it's that the chance of a Freep raid getting the perfect combination of classes, builds, etc. is extremely rare, because they don't have 6 pre-levelled classes/roles to choose from to bring to the 'moors anytime they want. Freeps have to go with the hand their being dealt; Creeps can create their own hand.
    [SIZE="2"][COLOR="Yellow"]I guarantee your level 65 r0 greenie BA will contribute more to your Creep raid than my level 2 Minstrel will contribute to my Freep raid. After all, both took about 5 seconds to create.[/COLOR][/size]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000085aec/signature.png]Chea[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by olagaton View Post
    It's not that people are oblivious to this, it's that the chance of a Freep raid getting the perfect combination of classes, builds, etc. is extremely rare, because they don't have 6 pre-levelled classes/roles to choose from to bring to the 'moors anytime they want. Freeps have to go with the hand their being dealt; Creeps can create their own hand.
    Yes because anybody can click the monster player button and insta-roll a rank 15 creep
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000087cd1/signature.png]Gnomili[/charsig]
    Arkenstone: Gnomili R9 Guardian - Noldor
    Urukagh R9 BA, Golg R7 Reaver, Freeptooth R5 Warg, Uglakh R4 WL, Lugabash R4 Defiler
    Landroval: Oggy R7 Reaver, Firetab R5 Blackarrow

Quote Originally Posted by gnomz420 View Post
    Yes because anybody can click the monster player button and insta-roll a rank 15 creep
    Says the guy with 26 creep ranks.

Heh.

It's pretty inconsequential to get a creep to R5 these days. Let's be honest.

I think it'd be misleading to suggest that creeps in general are capable of "swapping out" to a different class far easier and far more reliably than freeps can. Even after a year of slow PvE leading to a LOT more Freep alts. This is one area in which creeps have a significant advantage.

Having said that...

A guardian that has a real understanding of his skills, beyond just knowing how to tank PvE, but a real understanding of how they work and apply in a PvMp setting is a VERY VERY tough class under the current mechanics.
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Viloxus View Post
    so you're saying under very specific conditions a freep raid could beat a creep raid. I agree.
    These conditions can be fairly easily achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by olagaton View Post
    Not if everyone does as asked, aka RK's and captains spam heal to make up for minstrels, lm's throw a heal whenever available, burgs pop green cj's. You will have elements of these classes in mixed raids.

In smaller groups and solo creeps are OP, in raids things are pretty even and especially with champs freeps sometimes have the upper hand
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042070000000cbc65/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by nolins12 View Post
    In smaller groups and solo creeps are OP, in raids things are pretty even and especially with champs freeps sometimes have the upper hand
    Solo it is dependent on 2 things:
    -Skill level of both players
    -Class of each player
    -Sometimes luck plays a more important part to some classes (ie RK's and Remorseless champs)

Creeps are not OP in small group, it is the makeup of the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerboa View Post
    human ranger
    There are no humans in LOTR.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001901d1/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Not if everyone does as asked, aka RK's and captains spam heal to make up for minstrels, lm's throw a heal whenever available, burgs pop green cj's. You will have elements of these classes in mixed raids.
    Trait builds and gear can make a pretty significant difference in success of a specific role in the 'moors. You can tell a healer to heal, but if they aren't properly traited or have the appropriate gear to allow them to heal, it really doesn't matter what the raid leader tells them to do.
    [SIZE="2"][COLOR="Yellow"]I guarantee your level 65 r0 greenie BA will contribute more to your Creep raid than my level 2 Minstrel will contribute to my Freep raid. After all, both took about 5 seconds to create.[/COLOR][/size]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000085aec/signature.png]Chea[/charsig]

These conditions can be fairly easily achieved.
    The point I was trying to make was that it's much easier for a creep raid to optimize itself than it is for a freep raid.
    [B][COLOR=cyan][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000039d09/signature.png]Viloxus[/charsig]
    8-time Grand Champion Guinness Drinker[/COLOR][/B]
    [SIZE=2][B][COLOR=silver]June 2008 model in "Failmasters of 2008" Calendar[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    [B][COLOR=green]Making the world a better place one less pair of pants at a time :p [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Viloxus View Post
    The point I was trying to make was that it's much easier for a creep raid to optimize itself than it is for a freep raid.
    yes thats true its easier for creeps to potentially have any class they want. but not all creeps have all classes ranked or even have all classes available. i have been in several raids where we were short healers creepside and the leader ask s if any1 had a wl they could switch to and all u hear is crickets.

Lol. Now, to start a 10 page discussion:

The problem nowdays is that most freeps have ZERO idea how to properly play their class in the Ettenmoors, in a raid vs raid situation. A lot of people don't listen to the raid leader, and do their own thing. It's pathetic, and then freeps wonder why they're being beaten. Giving freeps incentive to come out into the moors will result in a slaughterfest for creeps. We'll have a bunch of PvE fresh newbie freeps coming out to get their rad sets getting slaughtered by skilled and organised creep raids.

Small groups solely depend on group make up for both sides. Numbers also make the biggest difference here.

In 1v1's, there will NEVER be balance. Balancing 1v1's would result in a massive, negative change to raid vs raid and small groups. Go with the flow.

The number one thing to remember: Adopt, adapt and improve. Many have done this through each book, from SoA to SoM. Learn the changes, adopt to them. Adapt to how you need to play your class to the best ability. Improve when needed.

Adopt, adapt and improve.
    that's totally true i have been with evil on both sides and he tends do win more times then he looses regardless of weather it was freep or creep raid or small group.i have been with him in small freep groups that were fighting superior numbers with just my captain healing or my lm+ a burg for cj's healing and we got far more kills then the creeps we were fighting. i honestly think neither side is really that op and IF you can find a fight that has both = numbers and = skilled people fighting in it the can go either way. but so often i see freeps(and creeps as well) have no idea how to play their class in a pvp environment that repeatedly make the same stupid mistakes over and over again leading to there death. Theese same freeps may actually be great players in pve but not everything u use in pve works in pvp(like guards running around in threat stance *** is that about lol).

When a full warg raid cannot take out a dwarf guardian, an elf hunter, and a stupid human ranger there is something terribly wrong.

hahaha stupid wargpack they all pounce the dwarf guardian 1st he hits Turn the tables then endurance of stone they all went greens on the FM, the guardian throws out some AoEs wargs switch to the elf hunter with multiple mauls guardian shieldwalls hunter negates all DoT damage hunter throws out fear and a bards arrow pops down an incombat trap wargs get seperated and confused freeps start single targets now guardian crits on a to the king green FMs again now elf hunter lowcuts and kites while the guardian finishes with trait headbutt which kills the the final warg. man ranger comes over and says "well... that was easy"
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420b00000002b13d/01001/signature.png]Kobane[/charsig]

Kobane Hammerstone High Warden of the Grey Mountains

obviously those arent lotro wargs, cause if they were that hunter's arrow would have gotten blocked with the shield on their faces ......whats?!!!you mean you dont see the shield?!!! turn your graphics up dude!!!
    I do it for the lulz. ~SnH~
    People @ turbine/WB are a huge tease, but dont worry they end up screwing you on every update/expansion.
    " When enough scrubs get together, they accomplish great things "

Obviously, the video is old 'cause I saw that Elf Hunter one shot a few of those wargs. They also must have been green dots without enhanced stealth cause they were moving out of stealth..

lol but too funny.
    BW toons: Keero Rank 6 Burg, Muzsnap Rank 6 Warg, Jerrkface R.2 Weaver
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000001a27/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]