We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 59
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    588

    Re: FREEPS WANTED for Elendilmir PvMP

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurganzolla View Post
    Need I say more about me playing Freep side?

    I played through "eazymode" bk 12 when 2 raids of freeps were camping Gramsfoot to get delving armor. And I played through bk 6. I got R9 - R10 when freep hunters were 1 shotting creeps. And I don't understand why you are talking about Bullroarer for. When you could roll R15s on Bullroarer, I couldn't get all the racial and tier 2 **** for lack of delving stones not to mention the money to slot them. Nothing there but waste DP and run around. I wasn't gonna waste my time farming stones and money on a preview server.
    LOL Yeah right, if you say so.... Hahahaha.

    I rolled both creep and freep on Bullroarer. Quite simple really for Creep leveling talk to the Orion npc and you auto level your creep to 60, as well as get 10g. QQ much? I must admit though I loved soloing all the npcs at Grams, while beating your BA to a pulp as you ran into the 1 shots on a test server. Was funny as, watching you run from my level 50 guardian wearing **** gear, and no leg. weapon. Think I even have the screenshots somewhere. Harg and Corv couldn't stop laughing either, as they stood there and watched.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,244

    Re: FREEPS WANTED for Elendilmir PvMP

    What is with this if you play creep its just because your an ezmoder stuff?

    I have chosen to play a side and stay DEDICATED to that side since before launch. I will do my best during population imbalances and play less in the ettens but rarely do I switch to my freep because frankly, I chose my side and I'm sticking to it. And even if I DO decide to swap to freep, it won't help my server as I creep and freep on different servers to avoid conflicts of interest.

    I do wish those that wish to play the FOTM classes would stop causing such issues in our moors though. I don't flip flop on the issue of creep to freep and if more people held this same opinion, then we wouldn't see what we are seeing now.

    I agree about blaming the players to an extent for population issues but place the blame on those who choose not to pick a side, not those who have picked a side and stuck it out.

    I also agree with more freep incentives in the moors. Though I must be a rare breed, I don't PvP and rank on my creep because of the improvements, I PvP because I WANT TO.
    Amestoplease, Rk
    Ambusher, Warg

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,244

    Re: FREEPS WANTED for Elendilmir PvMP

    Quote Originally Posted by Panahasi View Post

    Too much CC.
    Too many tactical classes.
    Far too few melee classes (at least on Freep side).
    Next to no PvP incentives for Freeps.


    When the above is addressed/fixed... you will see a return of Freeps to the Moors...
    I agree with the incentive part and the CC part. Too many tactical classes benefits the freeps more than creeps so I don't understand how that fits into your list here. My addition:

    Less DPS in the moors.

    People dying in under 4 seconds to a group of 6 was absolutely RAGED about in beta. Things got changed before launch and that didn't happen anymore. What happened?
    Amestoplease, Rk
    Ambusher, Warg

  4. #29
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    M.I.A.
    Posts
    1,133

    Re: FREEPS WANTED for Elendilmir PvMP

    Quote Originally Posted by Idiotpilot_down View Post
    Wrong.


    Your attention was focused on a dead horse. Dasein's point was way up there^^^, miles above your head.

    We can disagree all we want. I don't agree with Dasein nor do I agree with your support of his idea(s). Welcome to life.


    'Tis not up the responsiblity of longtime/dedicated Creep players to switch sides in order to keep things "interesting" for you. If you're a Freep and don't like the conditions of your server then it is up to YOU to remedy that situation. It is not up to your opposition to do that.

    Therein lies the rub... no Freep PvP incentives (outside of hanging out with your "friends", a PvP gained mount, PvP gained cosmetic rewards (i.e. PvP rank armour that's pretty darn worthless atm)... means it's up to Warner Brothers to fix this games PvP issues/problems.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,405

    Re: FREEPS WANTED for Elendilmir PvMP

    Quote Originally Posted by Panahasi View Post
    We can disagree all we want. I don't agree with Dasein nor do I agree with your support of his idea(s). Welcome to life.


    'Tis not up the responsiblity of longtime/dedicated Creep players to switch sides in order to keep things "interesting" for you. If you're a Freep and don't like the conditions of your server then it is up to YOU to remedy that situation. It is not up to your opposition to do that.

    Therein lies the rub... no Freep PvP incentives (outside of hanging out with your "friends", a PvP gained mount, PvP gained cosmetic rewards (i.e. PvP rank armour that's pretty darn worthless atm)... means it's up to Warner Brothers to fix this games PvP issues/problems.
    A fair point. I know that some folks do consider their creeps to be their mains, and I don't think that reasonable people are asking those folks to suddenly stop playing their high-ranked creeps because of an imbalance.

    EDIT (for everyone): Something that might help is to not verbally abuse people who like to play both sides from time to time. Okay, if they were only out there as a book 6 Hunter, and now their Hunter never sets foot in the Moors because their one month old R7 Warg is too busy spamming CB/Pounce, then maybe a little bit of **** is warranted. But I've seen and heard people be abused for not "picking a side". This isn't the mind of Stephen Colbert's faux persona, folks - god forbid people enjoy doing different things.
    Last edited by Lestache; May 06 2010 at 11:03 PM.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    553

    Re: FREEPS WANTED for Elendilmir PvMP

    Quote Originally Posted by Panahasi View Post
    'Tis not up the responsiblity of longtime/dedicated Creep players to switch sides in order to keep things "interesting" for you. If you're a Freep and don't like the conditions of your server then it is up to YOU to remedy that situation. It is not up to your opposition to do that.
    I've never bought into this us-them mentality. We're all gamers, no?

    Say you want to play some football and you go to the field with five of your friends. You see a group of 10 people already out there messing around, waiting for others to show up. The first thing you probably do after deciding that you all want to play is to balance the teams so you're facing off against even numbers. Right?

    Or are you of the opinion that the team of 10 should play against your team of six and think nothing of it? It's really not that crazy of an idea that people should take some kind of responsibility for balancing the teams.

    I can understand that people don't want to play one side or another for various reasons. But it's really not Turbine's fault that the people who recognize an imbalance refuse to do anything about it. Sure, better freep incentives might help draw more numbers to freepside. But I'd rather have people out in the Moors who are there for the love of challenging fights, rather than just a shiny piece of gear.
    [LEFT]-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    [B]Paperclip[/B] (R10 RVR) | [B]Scenic[/B] (R9 HNT) | [B]Fauve[/B] (R8 BRG)


    [/LEFT]

  7. #32

    Re: FREEPS WANTED for Elendilmir PvMP

    Landroval would benefit from more E creep transfers (or any other server for that matter).

    Don't want to transfer a toon? No worries, just roll a greenie and it won't take long to get your maps, rank etc...
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a01000008caad/signature.png]Tarbosh[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    2,633

    Re: FREEPS WANTED for Elendilmir PvMP

    Quote Originally Posted by Ames View Post
    What is with this if you play creep its just because your an ezmoder stuff?

    I have chosen to play a side and stay DEDICATED to that side since before launch. I will do my best during population imbalances and play less in the ettens but rarely do I switch to my freep because frankly, I chose my side and I'm sticking to it. And even if I DO decide to swap to freep, it won't help my server as I creep and freep on different servers to avoid conflicts of interest.

    I do wish those that wish to play the FOTM classes would stop causing such issues in our moors though. I don't flip flop on the issue of creep to freep and if more people held this same opinion, then we wouldn't see what we are seeing now.

    I agree about blaming the players to an extent for population issues but place the blame on those who choose not to pick a side, not those who have picked a side and stuck it out.

    I also agree with more freep incentives in the moors. Though I must be a rare breed, I don't PvP and rank on my creep because of the improvements, I PvP because I WANT TO.
    I agree with you completely, and I've been trying say the same thing for ages. The suggestion of people flipping back and forth, solves something for the short term (maybe) but does nothing for the long term balance of the game. Furthermore; it has been known to cause friction and not only that, the idea that I should come home to play on a side I mostly don't enjoy/like/etc seems a tad silly when I play for my enjoyment. Why ask the long term creeps/freeps to flip sides, when you know the problem lies with those that change every book to the class that will give them the most win sauces for their sausage? Seems a tad ironic to me. Moving my creep clearly won't work, given what seems a universal population imbalance.

    @ those asking people to flip to "solve" the issue, and about person responsibility to the moors, then shouldn't we drag those through the mud who quit because it was hard, or those that flip because wargs are FOTM, etc? Plenty of things we can blame, or provide as "temporary" solutions, but in reality I think they're not really solutions at all!

    However, on topic! I've love more freepies to E. Bring some cookies, but only if you want to! *hugs to you all!*
    Last edited by CandiceAurora; May 07 2010 at 03:30 AM.
    ~| CREEP: H e l l n a k h |~
    ~| FREEP:
    E d h e l l r e t h | ~

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,244

    Re: FREEPS WANTED for Elendilmir PvMP

    Quote Originally Posted by Olympic View Post
    Landroval would benefit from more E creep transfers (or any other server for that matter).

    Don't want to transfer a toon? No worries, just roll a greenie and it won't take long to get your maps, rank etc...
    Oh yea sure it would. Especially when a full raid of freeps last night STILL had the population buff.

    Landroval needs more freeps. I went out last night and the night before just to try and take a break from my creep on Meneldor. The night before last I died about 10 times in 20 minutes with the 6 other freeps that were out there at about 6pm and said well this really isn't any fun with creeps camping GV and logged off. Last night was a little better and offered slightly more survivability with a full raid but even then it was constant wiping in open field by overwhelming numbers. Its rough to be a freep out there.

    WTB more freeps across I think all servers. Meneldor has more creeps than freeps for the most part as well.
    Last edited by Ames; May 07 2010 at 06:42 AM.
    Amestoplease, Rk
    Ambusher, Warg

  10. #35

    Re: FREEPS WANTED for Elendilmir PvMP

    Quote Originally Posted by Ames View Post
    Oh yea sure it would. Especially when a full raid of freeps last night STILL had the population buff.

    Landroval needs more freeps. I went out last night and the night before just to try and take a break from my creep on Meneldor. The night before last I died about 10 times in 20 minutes with the 6 other freeps that were out there at about 6pm and said well this really isn't any fun with creeps camping GV and logged off. Last night was a little better and offered slightly more survivability with a full raid but even then it was constant wiping in open field by overwhelming numbers. Its rough to be a freep out there.

    WTB more freeps across I think all servers. Meneldor has more creeps than freeps for the most part as well.
    One night out here and there isn't the story.

    Landroval would benefit from more creeps showing up.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a01000008caad/signature.png]Tarbosh[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

  11. #36

    Re: FREEPS WANTED for Elendilmir PvMP

    Quote Originally Posted by Olympic View Post
    One night out here and there isn't the story.

    Landroval would benefit from more creeps showing up.
    47 friends isn't enough eh?
    Echlon - R11 Burglar, Landroval.
    Defeelher - R7 Defiler, Landroval.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,805

    Re: FREEPS WANTED for Elendilmir PvMP

    I might transfer my Creep to Elendilmir just in case you guys get alot of Freep transfers.

  13. #38

    Re: FREEPS WANTED for Elendilmir PvMP

    Quote Originally Posted by Radardog View Post
    47 friends isn't enough eh?
    Despite the press, I'm very social.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a01000008caad/signature.png]Tarbosh[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,244

    Re: FREEPS WANTED for Elendilmir PvMP

    Quote Originally Posted by Olympic View Post
    One night out here and there isn't the story.

    Landroval would benefit from more creeps showing up.
    Oh I see, just my bad luck then because lately whenever I do show up this IS the story.

    I agree, more playtime on Landy will help give me a better perspective. Perhaps I should start playing my creep on this server.
    Amestoplease, Rk
    Ambusher, Warg

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    1,513

    Re: FREEPS WANTED for Elendilmir PvMP

    Quote Originally Posted by elderlygamer View Post
    You mean you don't like the dozen wargs each night?
    shoot I'd take a raid of 24 wargs...get a group of 15 freeps, 3-4 of them deathstorm traited...thats an easy 24 kills and ****ton of renown. I'd take warg packs anyday

  16. #41
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,005

    Re: FREEPS WANTED for Elendilmir PvMP

    Give me 25$ and i will!!!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b01000006e8f3/signature.png]Kerishnak[/charsig]
    ~Kerishnak Rank 9 Reaver!~~ ~~Vajyno Rank 5 Defiler~~ ~~Namrod Rank 8 Loremaster of Eru~~ ~~Feynor Rank 6 warden oh and a rank 4 ezmode warg

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Irvine
    Posts
    3,559

    Re: FREEPS WANTED for Elendilmir PvMP

    I'm sure there are more than enough L65 freeps on all the servers... the real question is how to get them into the moors.
    [CENTER][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=pink]S[SIZE=1]TROZZAPRETI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 10/X6|[COLOR=olive]R[SIZE=1]IGATONI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 8|[COLOR=red]G[SIZE=1]NOCCHI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 7|[COLOR=blue]M[SIZE=1]ACCHERONI[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS] 7|[COLOR=yellow]R[SIZE=1]AVIOLI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 6|[COLOR=orange]F[SIZE=1]USILLI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 6
    A[SIZE=1]STERIX[/SIZE]|C[SIZE=1]HARAKHA[/SIZE]|K[SIZE=1]HAGATAI[/SIZE]|V[SIZE=1]ORO[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Playing on JQ in GW2
    [/CENTER]

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    553

    Re: FREEPS WANTED for Elendilmir PvMP

    Quote Originally Posted by CandiceAurora View Post
    Plenty of things we can blame, or provide as "temporary" solutions, but in reality I think they're not really solutions at all!
    How is a temporary solution a bad thing? That's exactly the point. When creeps recognize that they should probably be playing freep when freeps are completely outnumbered, it's simply a responsible and mature thing to do. When freeps had creeps outnumbered and buttoned up in TA yesterday, I logged off. Temporary solution, personal responsibility, etc. etc. etc.

    It's a "temporary" solution to balance the teams in a casual game of football, like in the example I gave earlier in this thread. So, to be honest, I don't follow your logic. Temporary solutions are the only solutions that we have control over. We're not the developers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainyman View Post
    I'm sure there are more than enough L65 freeps on all the servers... the real question is how to get them into the moors.
    Sure, there are probably lots of freeps who would pvp if there were better gear rewards, but I think the question is how to get this game's pvp'ers to recognize that when they play their creeps when freeps are outnumbered (which is usually the case during U.S. primetime), it would make for more challenging (and therefore better) fights if they actually played freep instead.
    [LEFT]-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    [B]Paperclip[/B] (R10 RVR) | [B]Scenic[/B] (R9 HNT) | [B]Fauve[/B] (R8 BRG)


    [/LEFT]

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    2,633

    Re: FREEPS WANTED for Elendilmir PvMP

    Quote Originally Posted by Dasein View Post
    How is a temporary solution a bad thing? That's exactly the point. When creeps recognize that they should probably be playing freep when freeps are completely outnumbered, it's simply a responsible and mature thing to do. When freeps had creeps outnumbered and buttoned up in TA yesterday, I logged off. Temporary solution, personal responsibility, etc. etc. etc.

    It's a "temporary" solution to balance the teams in a casual game of football, like in the example I gave earlier in this thread. So, to be honest, I don't follow your logic. Temporary solutions are the only solutions that we have control over. We're not the developers.
    I don't mind folks logging off, and I go AFK a large portion of the time if I hear Freeps are hugely outnumbered, however asking folks to switch from their most loved class, or to switch to the side that they don't enjoy at all, seems selfish, hence why I wouldn't consider that a solution that is fair to everyone. I'm more than supportive of folks logging off, going afk and so on, but I personally will NEVER ask people to change class/side because my side is suffering.
    ~| CREEP: H e l l n a k h |~
    ~| FREEP:
    E d h e l l r e t h | ~

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Irvine
    Posts
    3,559

    Re: FREEPS WANTED for Elendilmir PvMP

    Quote Originally Posted by Dasein View Post
    Sure, there are probably lots of freeps who would pvp if there were better gear rewards, but I think the question is how to get this game's pvp'ers to recognize that when they play their creeps when freeps are outnumbered (which is usually the case during U.S. primetime), it would make for more challenging (and therefore better) fights if they actually played freep instead.
    What's keeping me out of the moors is actually my frugality. I hate wasting gold that is actually useful for other things, unlike how it is on the creepside. And pots are a definite necessity in the moors.
    Last edited by Rainyman; May 09 2010 at 11:04 PM.
    [CENTER][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=pink]S[SIZE=1]TROZZAPRETI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 10/X6|[COLOR=olive]R[SIZE=1]IGATONI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 8|[COLOR=red]G[SIZE=1]NOCCHI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 7|[COLOR=blue]M[SIZE=1]ACCHERONI[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS] 7|[COLOR=yellow]R[SIZE=1]AVIOLI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 6|[COLOR=orange]F[SIZE=1]USILLI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 6
    A[SIZE=1]STERIX[/SIZE]|C[SIZE=1]HARAKHA[/SIZE]|K[SIZE=1]HAGATAI[/SIZE]|V[SIZE=1]ORO[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Playing on JQ in GW2
    [/CENTER]

  21. #46

    Re: FREEPS WANTED for Elendilmir PvMP

    Quote Originally Posted by CandiceAurora View Post
    I don't mind folks logging off, and I go AFK a large portion of the time if I hear Freeps are hugely outnumbered, however asking folks to switch from their most loved class, or to switch to the side that they don't enjoy at all, seems selfish, hence why I wouldn't consider that a solution that is fair to everyone. I'm more than supportive of folks logging off, going afk and so on, but I personally will NEVER ask people to change class/side because my side is suffering.
    Asking freeps to transfer to E is selfish and self centered. This whole thread is based around it. What some of the people are trying to ask is how can creep side possibly be any fun no matter what class you play if it is completely creep dominated in numbers and not the slightest chance of freeps winning? I hope you creeps never complain about farming pots cuz it is boring because its basically just as easy and mind numbing as fighting freeps when they are completely out numbered. Afterall, you people love your class so much nothing else matters. Wouldn't that be awesome if they doubled the price of pots on creepside?!

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,078

    Re: FREEPS WANTED for Elendilmir PvMP

    I got tired of all the whiney freeps complaining creeps are overpowered.

    So I, and a few others, temporarily stopped playing our creeps on E, and levelled freeps back on Firefoot, myself an RK which took me around 2 and a half weeks.

    Finally lvl65, spending this week deeding/gearing and then its time to whomp some creeps all over the map!

    Oh and for kicks im gunna focus my RK on dishing out AOE damage hahahahha

  23. #48

    Re: FREEPS WANTED for Elendilmir PvMP

    Quote Originally Posted by thenoobler View Post
    Oh and for kicks im gunna focus my RK on dishing out AOE damage hahahahha
    Special...
    [center][IMG]http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx73/Aerdred/AerdredSig4_zps1cd36e1b.png[/IMG][/center]

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,619

    Re: FREEPS WANTED for Elendilmir PvMP

    Could you give us a break-down of the #s, etc, in peak time on E for example?
    [B]Hitchens[/B](r9 warg)[B], [/B][B]Glasgow[/B](R9 LM), [B]Lintalthir[/B] (R10 Hunter), [B]Rithun[/B] (R6 Captain) Brandywine server.
    [I]I fought alongside Silverest & Wuffles on Gladden when LOTRO began, nowadays on Brandwyne's PvP [/I]

  25. #50

    Re: FREEPS WANTED for Elendilmir PvMP

    Quote Originally Posted by CarltheRed View Post
    Could you give us a break-down of the #s, etc, in peak time on E for example?
    Any response you could get would be very subjective and instantaneous. So, I recommend you take a look at http://pvmpstats.alanlouie.com/ for an actual reference of how much activity (renown/infamy gain) there is for the last couple of weeks on each server. All you need to do is follow the link, click on server names at the top and look at the graph at the bottom.

    You'll find Windfola is the smallest server (o.o) and BW and E are both pretty huge.
    [center][IMG]http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx73/Aerdred/AerdredSig4_zps1cd36e1b.png[/IMG][/center]

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload