We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

FREEPS WANTED for Elendilmir PvMP

ATTENTION ALL FREEP PvMP PLAYERS ON ALL SERVERS:
    Elendilmir server seeks skilled & motivated Freep PvMP players to transfer to our server in order to offset the deluge of creep transfers. You will find Elendilmir a well populated server for both PvMP & PVE. Please drop in to the Elendilmir PvMP forums. Also feel free to PM me.

Re: FREEPS WANTED for Elendilmir PvMP

Wow, self-important much? Brandywine has also had a constant stream of -1 creeps for a while now, AFAIK, almost all servers have the same problem with an imbalance.

The answer isn't transfers, it's offering useful freep rewards.
    Nerves, of the Brandywine.

Quote Originally Posted by geoboy View Post
    Wow, self-important much? Brandywine has also had a constant stream of -1 creeps for a while now, AFAIK, almost all servers have the same problem with an imbalance.

The answer isn't transfers, it's offering useful freep rewards.
    Nah, the answer right now is for people to take personal responsibility for balance in this game. If the server you play on is creep-heavy and you play creep, then you are simply part of the balance problem. It's not Turbine's fault if you continue to play creep on a creep-heavy server.

And, yes, Elendilmir needs more freeps. Or it needs more of the creeps on E to take personal responsibility for balance and switch to freepside when freeps are severely outnumbered. People naturally do this in other games (like informal sports matches, etc.) when one side gets outnumbered.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Paperclip (R10 RVR) | Scenic (R9 HNT) | Fauve (R8 BRG)

Hmm.. well.. hmm.. How's the pay on that server?
    Echlon - R11 Burglar, Landroval.
    Defeelher - R7 Defiler, Landroval.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasein View Post
    Nah, the answer right now is for people to take personal responsibility for balance in this game. If the server you play on is creep-heavy and you play creep, then you are simply part of the balance problem. It's not Turbine's fault if you continue to play creep on a creep-heavy server.

And, yes, Elendilmir needs more freeps. Or it needs more of the creeps on E to take personal responsibility for balance and switch to freepside when freeps are severely outnumbered. People naturally do this in other games (like informal sports matches, etc.) when one side gets outnumbered.
    this ^^

Instead of trying to get people to pay $25 to switch from a server where more freeps are needed to a different server where, again, more freeps are needed (/confused), why not get some of your many creeps on E to help out on freep side? That can help with balance issues, even though it probably won't solve them, without anyone paying RL cash. You already have players on E who can help with your imbalance. No need to look to other servers to fix E's "problems".
    Ijustpassedgas Excuseme
    Yeasty Infection

E eh? well it cant possible be worse than Arkenstone
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042070000000cbc65/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by nolins12 View Post
    E eh? well it cant possible be worse than Arkenstone
    You mean you don't like the dozen wargs each night?
    Ijustpassedgas Excuseme
    Yeasty Infection

Quote Originally Posted by elderlygamer View Post
    Only a dozen? Must be nice.
    Nerves, of the Brandywine.

Quote Originally Posted by geoboy View Post
    Only a dozen? Must be nice.
    If ark had the population that bw has, I'm sure we'd see a lot more wargs. There are benefits to playing on a smaller server.
    Ijustpassedgas Excuseme
    Yeasty Infection

Quote Originally Posted by elderlygamer View Post
    Nah the wargs dont bother me, its the freeps who exclude people from their groups and even when they do have the upper numbers hide in keeps, but it is to be expected I suppose
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042070000000cbc65/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

It must be nice for those servers that lose creeps. (I know, I'm not complaining.)
    Mihiraa-Fallarden ~ Situational Awareness ~ Arkenstone
    Bunnytail ~ Terminus Venatus Triumphus

Original Challenger of Gothmog x2

Please send all your E creeps to Windfola. It's sad when I hear "omg, they're actually camping GV!" in vent and get all excited about having creeps to fight.

WTB creeps, PST!
    Narlinde ~ Minstrel, Singer of the Lament of Windfola

For the record Landy already did their part.

We have a lot of E creeps who recently transferred to our server including 2 of your top 10 creeps by infamy.

So don't go looking for any of our freeps to come to E. We're dealing with our own population issues.
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

I personally refuse to play freep side as I've been told a couple of times, before any of the population problems, to "get the F*** out of the zone." And to top it all off, I really dislike most of the freeps that currently play to begin with. Why fight with people you dislike? To make it fair? Pfft... F that. In an FPS, I'd probably do that. However if there's a person that I dislike on the other side of the playing field, I'd play the opposite side regardless. But FPS are basically Timed Action, Fight on Demand. Unlike PvMP...

Besides, I can't get to rank 15 on my creep, if I'm playing on a freep. And I'd like to get it before the 2020. I refuse to let someone else tell me what to do with my time. Don't like it? Tough poop.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d01000010cb0c/signature.png]Dysentery[/charsig]

Nah, the answer right now is for people to take personal responsibility for balance in this game. If the server you play on is creep-heavy and you play creep, then you are simply part of the balance problem. It's not Turbine's fault if you continue to play creep on a creep-heavy server. <remainder snipped >

Wrong.

It is up to Warner Brothers, and Warner Brothers alone, to fix this game's PvP. Some of us have been ID'ing the fundamental issues with this game's PvP since Beta and we've been banned/ignored by the previous owner of this game (and its hirelings).

It's time LotRO stepped up to the plate and fixed its PvP otherwise just get rid of it and save the rest of us the trouble of caring about it.

Too much CC.
    Too many tactical classes.
    Far too few melee classes (at least on Freep side).
    Next to no PvP incentives for Freeps.

When the above is addressed/fixed... you will see a return of Freeps to the Moors...

i posted that to wb directly but it got locked if anyone has a link or way to email or post to wb in regards to this please let me know. I disagree on some of things youve said id like to get some new blood in development and pr relations area to much bias and conflict of interest where pvmp development is concerned. I dont like how elindimir pvmp has been destroyed by transfer garbage and the majority of creep vets play freepside now how is that improving pvmp? Now were seeing more fotm and creeps and catering to them why they think this will bring people to lotro is beyond me. Easymode only entertains for so long thats the only positive about it

Quote Originally Posted by Panahasi View Post
    Wrong.

It is up to Warner Brothers, and Warner Brothers alone, to fix this game's PvP. Some of us have been ID'ing the fundamental issues with this game's PvP since Beta and we've been banned/ignored by the previous owner of this game (and its hirelings).

It's time LotRO stepped up to the plate and fixed its PvP otherwise just get rid of it and save the rest of us the trouble of caring about it.

Too much CC.

When the above is addressed/fixed... you will see a return of Freeps to the Moors...

Wrong.

Too much CC.

Wrong.

Your attention was focused on a dead horse. Dasein's point was way up there^^^, miles above your head.
    Drood

Ill come over if you all buy me a new High Powered comp

hate death by Lag
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000080db4/signature.png]Gealachlan[/charsig]

landroval needs freeps to....for some reason all the high ranked creeps are coming here from elendilmir, looks like that server doesnt know how to keep their relationships tight ;p

im sure all servers have ths problem though

what we really need is either
    1) people stop easy moding on creep side and take up a challenge so this inbalance is stopped
    (because lets be honest here, we all know there is more creeps because they get
    everything from pvmp while freeps get nothing plus the fact that creeps are OP so button
    mashers are attracted to it)
    2) creeps get a small nerf to where it takes skill to win a fight
    (that way the button mashers give up on creep side)
    I do it for the lulz. ~SnH~
    People @ turbine/WB are a huge tease, but dont worry they end up screwing you on every update/expansion.
    " When enough scrubs get together, they accomplish great things "

Which server wants freeps the most?

Quote Originally Posted by gealachlan View Post
    Ill come over if you all buy me a new High Powered comp

hate death by Lag
    90% of lag in this game is server lag. A new comp won't fix anything.

So...freeps on their current server are likely facing superior creep #s. If they transfer to E, they are still facing superior creep #s, probably only more zergy.

So, what is in it for the freeps if they decide to transfer? Sounds like a lose-lose situation for them.

Well put. Doing this can actually make for a fun time, too. A couple weeks ago a kinmate and I were running around as a defiler/reaver combo on an all-red map. Watching the same 3-4 freeps push down GV hill and get wiped repeatedly because they were clearly outnumbered just wasn't fun, so we switched to freepside.*

Add in two more kinmates who were among the aforementioned 3-4 freeps, and suddenly our little group of four (plus a couple stragglers) was able to push down the hill, wipe the camping** creeps once, wipe them again on TR lawn, then get wiped in return after a strong pushback from the creeps. Repeat this cycle for about an hour, and at least both sides (we hope) were able to enjoy some relatively even fighting for a time. Surely it was better than bored creeps jumping in on every fight possible (because single-digit infamy > no infamy at all) and freeps getting discouraged because nothing but wipes await them if they leave GV.

(*I'm relatively new to PvMP in LOTRO, but something doesn't make sense: why am I able to instantly switch from a creep to a freep, but have to wait an hour to go from freep to creep? Has it always been this way?)

(**Not an indictment. I don't fault people for hanging around the most likely area to get a fight. With an all-red map, do you really expect creeps to hang out in Isen or something?)

Wrong.

Too much CC.

I can agree somewhat with the above, but not entirely. More incentives are needed for Freeps, I agree - but the rest not so much.

I would say that CJs (a subset of CC) are more of a problem than CC itself.

And as for class balance...

Freepside has five melee classes, one ranged, and three tactical. The balance probably just seems out of whack because the Moors is primarily open field PvP - which can make it difficult for melee classes to even get into range to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by DHargrave View Post
    Theres no fire traps on freep side lol. Not to mention the fact you enjoy eazymode is an understatement. When u hit r15 are u gonna hide behind the 1 shots like u did on bullroarer lmao i still cant believe u stayed behind the 1 shots on bullroarer man hahahaha

need i say more

Need I say more about me playing Freep side?

I played through "eazymode" bk 12 when 2 raids of freeps were camping Gramsfoot to get delving armor. And I played through bk 6. I got R9 - R10 when freep hunters were 1 shotting creeps. And I don't understand why you are talking about Bullroarer for. When you could roll R15s on Bullroarer, I couldn't get all the racial and tier 2 **** for lack of delving stones not to mention the money to slot them. Nothing there but waste DP and run around. I wasn't gonna waste my time farming stones and money on a preview server.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d01000010cb0c/signature.png]Dysentery[/charsig]

lol thats a load i made a warg there got full racials everything you had it all because you were hitting me corv with rank 12-15 shots yet you hide behind the 1 shots on bullroarer quite the laugh. As for the rest no surprise there you dont play freepside b/c its to hard and to much of a hassle as youve stated here shocking news lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kurganzolla View Post
    Need I say more about me playing Freep side?

I played through "eazymode" bk 12 when 2 raids of freeps were camping Gramsfoot to get delving armor. And I played through bk 6. I got R9 - R10 when freep hunters were 1 shotting creeps. And I don't understand why you are talking about Bullroarer for. When you could roll R15s on Bullroarer, I couldn't get all the racial and tier 2 **** for lack of delving stones not to mention the money to slot them. Nothing there but waste DP and run around. I wasn't gonna waste my time farming stones and money on a preview server.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast