We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Question Is it true ? Stars = skill ?

Hey, that's what everyone's saying around. Someone achieving 5 stars is definately a skilled player because he can win without dying.

Is it true ?

Re: Is it true ? Stars = skill ?

yessir

10c
    [SIZE="2"][COLOR="Yellow"]I guarantee your level 65 r0 greenie BA will contribute more to your Creep raid than my level 2 Minstrel will contribute to my Freep raid. After all, both took about 5 seconds to create.[/COLOR][/size]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000085aec/signature.png]Chea[/charsig]

Its all luck, and if you hug the oneshots lots of patience.

Depends on the player.. if you know his playstyle.

Usually the "star-huggers" are doing nothing.. they just join any raid and leech on the back of the zerg using none to 1 skill max.

..so in general I would say "No."

In my opinion the renown-infamy/kill ratio is what matters.

You shouldnt really judge a player's skill by his stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexlorn View Post
    Hey, that's what everyone's saying around. Someone achieving 5 stars is definately a skilled player because he can win without dying.

Is it true ?
    Depends what class, if its a burg or warg absolutely not, it just shows patience waiting for CDs to expire and attacking classes that are a sure win. There have been other classes that achieved 5 stars from the rez circle/gv with no possibility of defeat, yea thats skill

This thread fails.

*stalked*

Not at all. Having 5 stars only means you are afraid to fight hard and you always run away to avoid defeat, even if it means you're missing out on some kills.

I wish the star huggers would all merge onto their own special server. That should help to improve gameplay for the rest of us.

On Ark there is a minstrel who had 5 stars at one point not too long ago, but she had been making a concentrated effort to get them and then lost them afterward, and I don't consider her to be a star hugger. She's an excellent minstrel and I'd definitely not say her temporary 5 stars indicated otherwise. Now if she'd been doing everything possible to keep the stars, that would be a different story.

It means you're skilled at getting stars.

I don't know of any stat in the moors that demonstrates anything more than just one's ability to get that stat.

renown//infamy per kill? That can swing by a factor of 10 just based on if you raided pre B12 or post.

KBs? Pre MoM mini? yeah, good luck with that number relative to a champion.

Deaths? Yeah, a burg's always gonng win that stat.

/shrug.

I wish people well in any of their goals. The "good" players and the "bad" players are usually easy to spot...and it's NOT by anything at all on their wartab.
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

NO
    words...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042070000000cbc65/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by elderlygamer View Post
    I wish the star huggers would all merge onto their own special server. That should help to improve gameplay for the rest of us.
    Imagine a server populated only by stealth classes star hugging, that would be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by gnomz420 View Post
    Imagine a server populated only by stealth classes star hugging, that would be epic.
    Come back to your freep and kill those star hugging wargs!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042070000000cbc65/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by elderlygamer View Post
    Not at all. Having 5 stars only means you are afraid to fight hard and you always run away to avoid defeat, even if it means you're missing out on some kills.

On Ark there is a minstrel who had 5 stars at one point not too long ago, but she had been making a concentrated effort to get them and then lost them afterward, and I don't consider her to be a star hugger. She's an excellent minstrel and I'd definitely not say her temporary 5 stars indicated otherwise. Now if she'd been doing everything possible to keep the stars, that would be a different story.
    Awe, thanks Gassy. <3 I remember when i was over 1900 a few creeps were saying that they wished I would just get 2000 and retire my toon already. LOL Onward to rank 11. Although I'm definately a star hugger. I hate dropping below 1500 on my mini and I'm working on getting and keeping 2k on my burg.

To answer the OP's question. Yes hugging stars makes you a better, more skillful player. Hug your stars and you'll have lots and lots of new friends too.

Quote Originally Posted by jennirich View Post
    Although I'm definately a star hugger.
    Well you don't play like a star hugger, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by jennirich View Post
    I hate dropping below 1500 on my mini and I'm working on getting and keeping 2k on my burg.
    I'll be sure to spread the word creep side.

In theory, you could buy another account and eventually farm yourself as many stars as you want.

I don't think we'd consider that skill. So no, there's no direct correlation between stars and skill.

The same could be said with KBs. Or kills. Or renown/infamy.

So what's skill? I think Thane said it best that it's not a number on a wartab.
    Echlon - R11 Burglar, Landroval.
    Defeelher - R7 Defiler, Landroval.

What is skill?

If you mean their skill at acquiring stars, then by definition, yes.
    [CENTER][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=pink]S[SIZE=1]TROZZAPRETI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 10/X6|[COLOR=olive]R[SIZE=1]IGATONI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 8|[COLOR=red]G[SIZE=1]NOCCHI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 7|[COLOR=blue]M[SIZE=1]ACCHERONI[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS] 7|[COLOR=yellow]R[SIZE=1]AVIOLI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 6|[COLOR=orange]F[SIZE=1]USILLI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 6
    A[SIZE=1]STERIX[/SIZE]|C[SIZE=1]HARAKHA[/SIZE]|K[SIZE=1]HAGATAI[/SIZE]|V[SIZE=1]ORO[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Playing on JQ in GW2
    [/CENTER]

On my server when a burg achieve 5 stars he receive a grats thread with wine, flowers, kisses and all kind of ultimate gifts. In fact, that's a symbol of greatness as seen by everyone.

Is it just my server ? Is it like that on yours ?

It's confusing. Looks like the community is divided on this. Strange...

Quote Originally Posted by Drexlorn View Post
    On my server when a burg achieve 5 stars he receive a grats thread with wine, flowers, kisses and all kind of ultimate gifts. In fact, that's a symbol of greatness as seen by everyone.

Is it just my server ? Is it like that on yours ?

It's confusing. Looks like the community is divided on this. Strange...
    It's Landroval, everyone gets wine, flowers, and kisses.

Or wine and flowers get you kissed. or..

We're kind of a strange lot.
    Echlon - R11 Burglar, Landroval.
    Defeelher - R7 Defiler, Landroval.

Quote Originally Posted by Radardog View Post

sheeeshh don't say that. If they learn we're rping we'll become laughing stock fast. Not counting that i'm canad...oops..

I think it's the kissing that gets us wine and flowers....
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Thane9 View Post
    I think it's the kissing that gets us wine and flowers....
    You guys need to tone it down. If you don't, every PvMP nerd in LOTRO is going to read this and want to roll a Creep on Landy thinking they can get some nookie...

Oh ya...regarding stars...ah, ummm....meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Overtone View Post
    You guys need to tone it down. If you don't, every PvMP nerd in LOTRO is going to read this and want to roll a Creep on Landy thinking they can get some nookie...

Oh ya...regarding stars...ah, ummm....meh...

Na, the creeps just get a free axe to the face. Freepside is where the lovin' is at.
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

In theory, you could buy another account and eventually farm yourself as many stars as you want.

I don't think we'd consider that skill. So no, there's no direct correlation between stars and skill.
    2 boxing is a skill, so doing that to gain stars would definitely be a display of skill.
    [SIZE="2"][COLOR="Yellow"]I guarantee your level 65 r0 greenie BA will contribute more to your Creep raid than my level 2 Minstrel will contribute to my Freep raid. After all, both took about 5 seconds to create.[/COLOR][/size]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000085aec/signature.png]Chea[/charsig]

It's not so much about being "unkillable" as it is going out of your way to avoid death. I would get bored pursuing stars as the primary objective. Waiting at GV for a half hour for DF or some other skill?!?

Quote Originally Posted by olagaton View Post
    2 boxing is a skill, so doing that to gain stars would definitely be a display of skill.
    lol.......It is not a display of skill in the manner that he is describing it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast