We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: R9 Horse

R9 Horse

My fellow PvMP'ers

I think we can all accept that the horse we get for R9 is not going to be statistically "better" than the top PvE horses. There are a lot of reasons for this, and despite the effort it takes for R9 I'm ok with conceeding that point.

But how about this:

Barding. How about adding some real warhorse looking barding to our reward?

Now, Turbine in the past has offered contests for horse designs. And I know our community has LOTS of very talented people.

I'd like to see a thread, taken as seriously as possible, with submissions of artwork for our Mahogany horse to be upgraded with a warhorse feel.

I eagerly await seeing what people come up with.

Thanks!
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Re: R9 Horse

/signed

What? No one can draw a horse with armor on it? I thought this'd be a good idea. Give the devs the art and maybe they'd implement it.
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

It offends me when the R9 horse isnt even par to the best pve horse...honestly it offends me.

Suggesting the new R9 Moors Horse:

It would be worth it just to ride it into Bree and have the lore monkeys flip out.

Other pictures found randomly:

PS. *directs Luc to the MS Paint thread*
    Last edited by Radardog; May 07 2010 at 01:00 PM.
    Echlon - R11 Burglar, Landroval.
    Defeelher - R7 Defiler, Landroval.

/signed

i'm not artistic in the least but i would LOVE to have the R9 horse have barding...

*sits and awaits the revolution from the lore monkeys*
    [B][COLOR=cyan][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000039d09/signature.png]Viloxus[/charsig]
    8-time Grand Champion Guinness Drinker[/COLOR][/B]
    [SIZE=2][B][COLOR=silver]June 2008 model in "Failmasters of 2008" Calendar[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    [B][COLOR=green]Making the world a better place one less pair of pants at a time :p [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Viloxus View Post
    /signed

i'm not artistic in the least but i would LOVE to have the R9 horse have barding...

*sits and awaits the revolution from the lore monkeys*
    Why would lore monkeys have any issue with armoured horses in a battle setting?

I can't say for CERTAIN that Tolkien references mounts with armour...but it certainly doesn't seem out of place.
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Radardog View Post
    Suggesting the new R9 Moors Horse:

It would be worth it just to ride it into Bree and have the lore monkeys flip out.
    That's just a red X for me.
    [COLOR=red]Ulygar, rank 8 blackarrow, Nimrodel server[/COLOR]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000e76be/01007/signature.png]Brangdha[/charsig]
    [URL="http://brangdha.mybrute.com"]Bored? Come Play Here![/URL] [URL="http://mybrute.com/team/178260"]Join my clan![/URL]

i agree we need a new horse, iw ould love to draw a war horse if they want .... frankly we needed one for a long time. i love the new mirkwood hardmode, not black rip off horse.

Something in the line of that w/ free peoples banners we can wear around that shows our rank as we can not use our cloaks.

I wouldnt mind also w/ the next ranked horse, we get ranked resilience and a tiny boost in speed.

i dont want much just something.
    alzie rank 15 mini
    "less talky, more killy"
    "kill fast , run faster!"
    The Apocalypse Kinship Elendilmir
    Antisocialnetworking brandywine

Teddibara beorning Brandywine
    alzeria rank 15 mini renamed Brandywine

Zalexia, I concur with you. I think, though, that the PvMP rank cloaks should be revamped so that they are functional as REAL cloaks rather than the cosmetic pieces of poo they currently are. The goal should be to make the rewards in the Moors as good as the PvE stuff (not better than, just equal to).

I am not an artistic type either, but I do believe anyone who gets to rank 9 should be rewarded with a solid warhorse and not the toy horse we have now.

rank 9 is too easy to get now, i'ld make the solid ranked horse rank 10.
    alzie rank 15 mini
    "less talky, more killy"

Quote Originally Posted by Thane9 View Post
    Why would lore monkeys have any issue with armoured horses in a battle setting?

I can't say for CERTAIN that Tolkien references mounts with armour...but it certainly doesn't seem out of place.
    they wouldn't have issues with the barding itself but with how the barding should be designed to be lore-appropriate, it was a more of a joke than anything.
    [B][COLOR=cyan][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000039d09/signature.png]Viloxus[/charsig]
    [SIZE=2][B][COLOR=silver]June 2008 model in "Failmasters of 2008" Calendar[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    [B][COLOR=green]Making the world a better place one less pair of pants at a time :p [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

This thread reminds me of these.

I've gotta play that mod again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalexia View Post
    I've been trying for 3 years to get to rank 9 /cry (I am almost rank 8... well, about 20K-30K away or something... then again, I am more of a part-time moors person).

I agree that another horse at rank 10 would be a nice... but please, make it another other color than black or white... seems like everyone is riding black or white horses these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalexia View Post
    it may be not too hard, but it takes alot of time, and a good reward should be in hand. People who start out there get to r5 or r6, which seeds out a bunch of them...the real people who stick it out out there are r7+

Though I don't really condone a parallel between the movie and the books, the makers of the movie relied very heaily on the art of Alan Lee and John Howe, as did the game, to design their characters, cities, backdrops and so on.

I was particularly fond of Theoden's horse Snowmane's armour:

I like the idea of having a horse on which when we ride it we carry a banner that shows our rank's symbol.
    [COLOR=red]Ulygar, rank 8 blackarrow, Nimrodel server[/COLOR]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000e76be/01007/signature.png]Brangdha[/charsig]
    [URL="http://brangdha.mybrute.com"]Bored? Come Play Here![/URL] [URL="http://mybrute.com/team/178260"]Join my clan![/URL]

Behold my rendering of the ideal PVMP horse complete with the ultimate armor-a force field. Creeps beware!

I think freeps deserve a majestic steed at Rank 9 on par with steeds from other games. Like this one:

Quote Originally Posted by Kurganzolla View Post
    I think freeps deserve a majestic steed at Rank 9 on par with steeds from other games. Like this one:

God forbid.

if it has lasers too i'm sold

Look at its eyes, it just wants to be loved.

Or eaten...

I'd hit it

thats what i came up w/ but i kinda like the pigs or creeps could mount slugs i like the idea of slugs.:P ditch maps for slugs and heck we could ride bree horse ponies and we could all ride in slow motion:P. (2hr sketch mind u)
    alzie rank 15 mini
    "less talky, more killy"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast